ThatBubbs' Weight Loss Journey :)

Thanks Cai, I think I really needed someone to be a bit nice to me!

Feeling better today, been shopping bought an awesome top, and some boots that *almost* zip all the way up my calf (i can wear them slouched tho due to stumpy legs and then they zip)/

Food choices, well I'll be over full syns today as having to eat things before they go out of date (tiny freezer is full) but tomorrow is gonna be red and I'm going to be 100% back on it. Very pleased to see Magic Elves back in the shops, as they are my fave low syn chocolatey treat, and I know I can manage with them in my world! I think I'm gonna own up at group, or at least explain I've been super hungry and had a bad week hormone wise, but I'm going to write a proper food diary next week and aim for a 100% week for a change. I'd say I'll do SE but the week before payday I can't commit to that, especially with work lunches. I feel more motivated though, and I can get back there.

My boyf said last night 'you think you're bigger than you are, and you have no idea how pretty you are' which made me blush, but also gave me food for thought. I know I'm still people's before picture, but I think I never realised how big I was before, and now I feel like you'd expect me to have felt then. Am gonna try to make myself feel good, little pamper things maybe, maybe that will help me fall in line with SW too

I gained 1.5 this week. Considering I had star week bloat, ate 3 doughnuts in one night as well as several other things, and used about twice my syns... it's not unexpected. I've decided though, I want that 4 stone obviously, but I'm fed up of dicking about and not doing it. I'm not going to gain now, not until my birthday (it'll be my 30th, I reckon it's allowed ;) )

So clean slate, tomorrow I'm getting up early and having bacon and mushrooms for breakfast, hopefully I'll last longer, then I'll have dinner later meaning I won't necessarily snack before tea. This is the thought, anyway...

Well, I had a little bit of a nibble yesterday, partly because I wanted to and partly because something was going out of date and I felt bad about wasting it. And consequently felt bad about eating it. Ho hum!

Will try to put a bit of a food diary together where I remember this week. Aiming for less than 10syns today

Breakfast: 2 bacon medallions, 2 slices small wholemeal bread (hexb) mushrooms (3rd superfree baby)
Snack: Apple/grape bag
Dinner: Canteen prepared vegetarian mixed bean chilli / boiled rice. didn't seem to have oil in, but allocating 2 syns to be safe. Hifi 3syns, drink 1 syn.
will continue to update later

It went a bit to ****... the only thing in the cupboards for tea was beans and bread, so though I'd used my hexb I had to have beans on toast. And I had a freddo later too. Hmm. My plan is to balance out the extra hex across the week and continue attempting to be low syn. I couldnt buy anything as I was going straight to chorus, but tomorrow I'm going to Morrisons straight after work will buy some ruit and veg. some pasta and rice - just do a little stock up basically to get me through til payday monday (thank fook for credit cards!)

Today, new day

Breakfast of 2 weetabix, soya milk
Snacks: 2 x apples for this morning / afternoon
Dinner: Will prob be jacket & beans or similar
Tea - Unsure yet

Going to Morrisons after work, can pick some basics up, fruit / veg and more syn free squash. hopefully they'll have magic elves so I can accumulate a small stash for rationing the rest of the week. My aim today is to get through til tea time at least without having something sweet - I'm always starving at 4.30 when I finish work, and 'need' to nibble. Will be on the bus to morry's though, so no chance to nibble, and will have some water too.
I've really slacked on drinking enough water later and perperually am dehydrated, which could mean water retention - my feet were swollen this morning, I need to go back to having lots so I feel more refreshed.

Tea - Mushroom risotto (1/2 superfree :O)
Snack - Dark choc tunnocks teacake 5 syns
Feeling a bit snacky, debating whether to utilise a couple of syns or try to ride it out

I gave into the nibbles, but still, that was a green day, I righted the hex wrongs of yesterday, got lots more superfree, drank 2 litres of water and used 8.5 syns. Brilliant :)

Had a bit of a blip today involving a cake slice, and a surprise gu pud. So 25 syns erk! Still, I can just go back to having 5 a day for the weekend and it'll be fine. Loads of superfree and water will help. I might have less if I just spend syns on a magic elf each day hehe

The difference, last week when I knew I'd have to recoup syns I was miserable and unbelieving, last night / now I know I ate because it was going out of date and diet want to chuck it (also it smelt divine) but I don't feel being on plan again is unachievable or anything. I can do it

I wasn't great today, had more choc etc than I should have because it was around and I hadn't eaten enough earlier on as I'd run out of soya milk. Doh. It's a lesson I have to keep learning, that being prepared is very important. Drawn a line under it, back on plan tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a lb or so off at wi Monday, gonna do what I can tomorrow and Monday to make sure. What I do know is that I feel better when I'm on plan, and I feel more motivated than I have in a while. And I get paid Tuesday, so will get some shopping in and meal planning done!

Hey!
Sounds like you've been a little up and down with SW of late. But at least you know how to put things right and where you go wrong! Looks like you're doing really well :D And yay for pay day and foody shopping on Tuesday.
Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow.xx

Thanks Kel, aye know where I fail myself alright haha! I know I feel better when I knuckle down, I just need to practice restraint / moderation. If I can do it with alcohol surely I can do it with food!

Crossing my fingers that my really good days were enough to lead me to a small loss or even a maintain, next week after payday I can afford another countdown (paying £5 to gain isn't fun lol), gonna do a 6 week then a 12 week to take me right thru to New year yeah!

At least I'm in good company now, :) I want be in the 14s for Xmas / ny, that's doable at 1lb a week and I know although I have a few big weekends (retreat, labbs convention, my 30th) I can average 1lb a week. Done it before will do it again!

I've been making a thingy for my desk, with my plans for the rest of the year, aided by finding magnets of 1 and 5! Shocking handwriting, hah, but its got each week, my aim, a space for what I achieve and comments of anything that may cause veering from the sw path. Gwan bubbs!

ForumRunner_20120917_132534.png

Was just talking to a colleague and had a minor revelation. To all intents and purposes, this is the smallest I’ve been since I was 18/21, since I was an adult. Up until now I could visualize to a degree what I was looking for, but now I’ve got to/past everything I ‘knew’ perhaps that’s why I’ve been struggling lately? Because there wasn’t anything tangible, because from here it’s all unknown and I have no idea what I’ll look like / where I’ll want to stop / when I’ll be happy, I think my subconscious wasn’t fully in it, hence me ducking about for a few weeks. Having realised that, I know I need to learn to overcome, to follow the plan and see what happens. As per my last post, I’m motivated & I have my little chart to keep me going! Tonight’s WI ideally will be a little loss, but I can take a maintain too. I just don’t want to gain having been better (if not quite perfect!) I’m going to mention this revelation to my C tonight though in image therapy, see what she / the target members etc can advise to help. I did one of those virtual models, but it’s not quite exactly right as it doesn’t show my bellies (plural) it just makes you look curvy!

Lost half a pound which I'm pleased with. I was sat on the bus focussed on 'if I can lost half a pound I'm happy' and indeed I was. 2lb for next week for my 4st in a year please...

Thanks love :)

Yesterday was 15 syns - within the allowance still - it was a green day, and I got my third superfree at each meal. Used both hexbs but no hexa, ran out of soya milk doh! I did log all my food on sw online though, and my brief exercise on myfitnesspal so feeling good there.

Going shopping tonight (yay) got my ******** vouchers for some free dairy'free stuff, gonna stock the cupboards up and have an ee day of some sort, hoping to pick up some reduced meat for tea! 3.5 syns and a banana down so far today (out of breakfast stuff and works canteen only had white bread / dairy milk - so I had a magic elf!)

Back