The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

Just popped in to say hi to you, as a new Friday girl!
Well done on your losses so far and your PMA!
Keep rockin'

~Silence~

Thanks Silence! :D

I naughtily jumped on the scales this morning and they were up again to just over 14.4 (about 1lb up), booooo but then I weighed a bit later than normal and after I'd drunk stuff and after brekkie so I'm assuming it's cos of that. All the more reason to work harder though this week, just in case!

I did the callenetics exercise prog yesterday and today, like yoga stuff from the 80s and blooming heck it's good! I was surprised I didn't have stiff muscles today but it's good that I didn't, shows I was doing something right before with toning up. They say you can lose a dress size in 10 days, we'll see if that theory works ;) Certainly feel really good afterwards today, I feel all stretched and really toned and stuff.

Just revision revision and More revision today though. Bah. Exams start next week: tuesday and thursday, at the moment just doing some prep for thursdays exam (writing essays oh joyness). Feeling fairly prepared for tuesday's exam. I'm impressed with myself for not comfort eating whilst stressed with exams though, credit myself and all.

What exams are you preparing for Ellie? Good luck with them!!!

Super well done for not comfort eating at such a stressful time! This used to be one of my worst times of the year for comfort eating.

Hehe! Well I think I'm not a great comfort eater in stress, a little but not a lot. Mainly comfort eat when I have bad ToTM and all I want to eat all day is chocolate!
It's just end of year exams for uni, I study psychology and counselling. It's not too bad really only 3 exams but I just push myself to get the best I can possibly get for each of them..

Aye, that's all you can do isn't it? Good luck with them anyway!
Psych and Counselling... where are you studying? I had a friend who did that at Hull - He loved it. I did French and Italian at Salford, graduated last year.

:D cheers me dear!

I'm at roehampton university :) I do like it and we have a pretty campus. This is really the only pants time of year but once a year isn't tooo bad :D French and Italian! Wow so what do you do with that, translation I guess? was that one of those cool degrees where you go study abroad for a year?

Yeah I studied abroad for a year... five months in Italy, four in France. Straight out of uni I worked as a Junior Translator in Strasbourg for ten months. I came back a month ago because I couldn't settle out there. There's loads of language jobs in sales, business, marketing type roles. I'm pretty open to career moves at the moment.

Woo I just took some progress pictures (in my undies that is!) to compare to when I was a similar weight before. BIG difference because now you can see where I'm really starting to tone up a lot, so I can't wait to see another stone off and those progress pictures! I will post the before/afters at goal!

Hey Ellie! Don't fret about being slightly up on the scales. If you're weighing at different times then it can really distort the results. Weigh at the same time every day (no clothes on, after a pee!) to get consistent results :)

Good idea taking progress pics! I wish I'd been more organised with mine.

Silence: Awesome that your mate went to Hull Uni :D Go Armadilos!!

Bron

Silence: Awesome that your mate went to Hull Uni :D Go Armadilos!!

Bron

I don't know about any Armadilos, but I do know that I spent many a weekend hanging out down Princes St in Hull and going to watch Hull FC play. :D

Hehe yeah it was silly of me to jump on the scales at all. That'll teach me. Normally I do always weigh in the buff, first thing after a pee and before my morning glass of water :). No more weighing til friday! :copon:

The progress pics: yeah it was something someone said at the start of when I was doing LL, to take pics in just your undies (clothes can distort and make you seem bigger/smaller). It was horrible doing it at the start but it does mean I can compare them now and see how I'm doing :)
You could still take some! Even if they're 'along the way' pictures they still mean you can look back on them!

i haven't taken any undie pics either. i forgot and then suddenly i wasn't a 'before' any more!!

good luck with your exams hun, it's so easy to get up and wander to the fridge without even realising. diversion tactics etc! you're doing really well (apart from the secret mid-week weighing! :copon:) hehe.

hey silence, i'm a fellow frenchie! i did french and linguistics at manchester. graduated 3 years ago now. i never fancied translation - my ultimate goal is to live out there. i love france. tis a shame you couldn't settle. were you on your own? i've just gotta persuade the oh that it'll be an amazing place to live:) one can dream!

everyone's doing fab, keep it up guys and pb - if your attitude to revision is anything like your attitude to calorie counting, you'll breeze them! x

Rhuuuuuba! Hey! was wondering where you'd got to :D How's it going for you hun? Wow only 9lb left to lose, so into single figures :D Oh and I envy you having done french, I do dabble and speak it moderately well, would love to speak fluently or near fluently! Do you use it much these days?

Yeah I tend to do fairly well in exams normally so I'm pretty confident I'll do well this time as well: I just want to do Really well so that I can give my average mark a good boost up. It's assignments I'm rubbish about because my attention to detail tends to lack a bit!

Ahhh, being cool in exams is a real skill. Just keep going, keep reading and you'll be fine. Though don't take my advise as read, I did a degree with no exams! But my advise for assignments is to close everything/everyone else out, and just knuckle down. With details, always get someone else to read though, it's so easy to just skim over what you already know.

Bron

ETA: Silence: Yay city!! Prinny Quay is awesome too, there's nothing it doesn't have! Hehe, the Armadilos is the unofficial name for Hull Uni fencing team :) My fiance was captain for 3 years running. Was going to tell you this in your diary, but can't seem to find yours :S

Last edited:
hey silence, i'm a fellow frenchie! i did french and linguistics at manchester. graduated 3 years ago now. i never fancied translation - my ultimate goal is to live out there. i love france. tis a shame you couldn't settle. were you on your own? i've just gotta persuade the oh that it'll be an amazing place to live:) one can dream!

Yeah, I went out there on my own. I was in Strasbourg and it was amazing, but it was just too far from my family and because there was only me and my boss in the office I really struggled to make friends.

Silence: Yay city!! Prinny Quay is awesome too, there's nothing it doesn't have! Hehe, the Armadilos is the unofficial name for Hull Uni fencing team :) My fiance was captain for 3 years running. Was going to tell you this in your diary, but can't seem to find yours :S

I love Princes Quay. In fact I love Hull. So many happy memories there. There's a link for my diary at the bottom of my signature strip btw.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Ellie. Hope you're having a brill day hun!

Haha! No worries at all, I'm all for hijacking it leads to the most interesting tangents!

Likewise, Ellie, I actually meant to apologise too when I did the edit :) How's the day been? Had a good monday?

Silence: I'm very fond of Hull, I'll miss it when I move away. It has a bad rep, but we have so little knife crime and nil gun crime I never know where these accusations come from. City's chances of staying in premiership are looking slim though, we're predicted to drop out at 1/3 :(

Bron

How are you this morning Ellie? Got any plans for the day?

Bron - I used to live in Salford which is really really rough, so Hull's rep means nothing to me. :p

One word: exaaaaaaaaam! - this morning. In fact I need to leave soon. been reviewing notes. Fingers crossed!!!

One unrelated thing. I did a mid week weigh in (same time of day etc): I'm about 1lb heavier?? I can feel and see that I'm losing weight. I've been sticking to calories every day (in fact usually a bit below). My toning work has increased this week and my cardio decreased (studying!). Is that why? Is it muscle?

Back