The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

Ellie - Good luck for the exam x

Good luck for the exam Ellie!

Don't fret about the 1lb. It could be muscle, it could be a bit of water retention. In general our weight naturally fluctuates on a day-to-day basis due to hormone levels, diet and all sorts of other factors.

ooh, good luck petal. you sound like you're prepared, i'm sure you'll blitz it :)

NO MORE MID-WEEK WEIGH-INS, MISSY!! naughty pb!

not that my weekly ones are going well at all. i weighed in last night after following my diet to the letter and i've put on 2lb!!??? wtf??? NOT FAIR! :cry:can TOTM really make that big a difference??

anywho, enough about me. i think including more toning may be the culprit in your case (and possibly in my own also) it's hard not to look at the numbers and feel like you're not seeing results. but if your clothes are starting to look a lot better and people are commenting, plus you're feeling way better about yourself then that's the most important thing :)

just keep your chin up lovely, and STOP WEIGHING MID-WEEK! if you gain for your actual weigh-in, then you may come and moan and we can sit sobbing in the corner together :p

sorry for the lecture honey. i reckon i'm just gutted about my results :(

hope your zam went okay - rhoobs x

Good luck for the exam! Keep that cool head, you'll do great :)

Like I said on the Friday Girl's thread, it's pretty natural for weight to fluctuate, even if it's not TOM. That lb will have gone by Friday, literally before you know it! Don't panic, it'll go away! And doubt your technique, you're doing absolutely magic!

Bron

I used to sometimes gain 4lb at TOTM - it really CAN make a big difference x

Haha I bet your jaw dropped Gem when you saw a 4lb gain on the scales! *girly scream*..!

Exam was oooooo-kay. The paper was a bit of a pig, out of 90 questions I reckon there's 10 that are a dead cert I got right, 10 which I have no idea and the rest I'm fairly confident but not 100% sure! So..... Wait and see for the result. On to preparations for thursdays exam now. Urrrrrrrrrrgh. But on the bright side that's one down, 2 to go :D

Thought I'd start recording menus for each day:
Brekkie: ready brek & mixed frozen berries = 200cal
Snack: cadburys praline flake :) - 200cal
Lunch: green salad, 2 very small slices of bread, bit of houmous & guacamole. Conference pear. = 350cal
Tonight: the other half of the shepherds pie I made yesterday (very yummy, quorn mince with fresh mint, bit of apple, tomato & onion; butternut squash & carrot mash). = 250cal.

Total 1000cal

I've never been to Hull actually. Is it worth visiting or is it one of those places best avoided?!

Glad the exam went OK. Let us know how it turns out, yeah? I'm sure you'll have done fine, you always leave exams umming and ahhing (and arghing, if they've been really bad) but at the end of the day they always turn out better than expected :)

Sounds like an awesome day of food too! Oh that shepard's pie... to die for or what!? Wanna come cook for us one night ;) Lurve butternut squash!

Hull is pretty good, it's a good town to live in. Has a fantastic night life, very cheap! Though on the other hand, I can't really recommend things to do, apart from the fish walk and The Deep (aquarium.) Plenty of shops though!

Bron

Haha I bet your jaw dropped Gem when you saw a 4lb gain on the scales! *girly scream*..!
QUOTE]

Perhaps the first time but I did get quite used to it cos it happened all the time :eek: TOTM was always quite traumatic for me as I felt like a painful balloon and always had tummy cramps and sickness. That's probably why labour didn't seem too bad for me!!!

I don't have to worry these days though cos I don't have them any more :D

That's cos I is OLD - so don't be jealous Bron, I served my time x

Periods should definitely be banned to room 101. Bring on menopause :D (only 30 yrs to go for me lol)

Mine didn't start until I was about 52 but I don't miss the horrible periods at all. I eat loads of foods with phyto-estrogens (such as soya products) so I minimise the other menopause and post menopause problems . There is a school of thought that says they can also help with PMT too x

Today (will update as I go):
B: apple, pear & ready brek = 230cal
S: almonds = 70cal
L: SF jelly.
2 small slices bread (toasted). 12g houmous. 16g cheese. Salad. = 200cal

Total so far: 500cal

I put on one of my original pairs of jeans today, hehe clown pants! hard to believe I ever had to buy this size. Also I have an old top that was getting tight for me before. Now it's baggy and loose even though it's a stretchy one. *woooowwww* - there's motivation to continue anyway!

Gem, that's really interesting about soya helping with PMT & menopause... Actually I might mention to my mum cos she's getting terrible hot flushes, and trying anything to help them at the mo.. My PMT isn't bad really I shouldn't complain. Only the odd very bad day. It's just a nuisance :)

Last edited:
My mate and I both sailed through the menopause.

Try buying your mum "Natural Alternatives to HRT" a book by Marilyn Glenville

Marilyn Glenville - The Natural Health Website - Books - Natural alternatives to HRT

There's another book I have but I can't remember what it was called and has a recipe for Lynda Kearn's HRT Cake which is yummy in a wholefoody sort of way. Here's the recipe link

LINDA KEARNS HRT CAKE

If I find the book I will give you a link to that too. It really can be done naturally with lots of soya, nuts, seeds, fruit (all the things that are good for you really. It was great!!!

:) I know that mum has been trying all sorts of things like evening primrose oil, some aloe vera stuff that was supposed to help, I don't know can't even remember all the things she's been trying. Have emailed her those things for her to have a look at. Thanks Gem!

Evening primrose is cool Ellie - for menopause and for PMT - I think it works with the hormones but don't quote me on it. I used to buy the big off jars of it when I was busy menopausing. Glad you sent your mum the links - she could benefit x

Awesome day so far, bud! Keep at it! Mmmm... I love houmous!

Yay for old clothes! Best thing ever to put on the starting weight trousers and go "Waaaaaaaaaay!! Check it out!" That's wicked with the stretchy top too! You should post some pics of you in them, that'd be well fun!

Gemstone: That's pretty interesting on the soya... Since I've just about bitten my brother's head off, I think I'll be buying in some more milk :rolleyes:

Bron

Give it a go Bron - even if it doesn't help the PMT it's pretty good stuff anyway so can't do any harm x

Camera broken but as soon as new one arrives and I work it out, I will post some pics. Heh I took some on the broken one (problem is that when it saves it distorts colours & adds a load of lines over the photo), but they still looked pretty cool! :D

Oooo, modern art saggy clothes pics! :D

Gem: I get a fair bit of soy anyway because I don't eat meat or drink cow's milk. Probably not as much as I should, going to start making an effort with it.

Bron

Back