>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Rozie: how did green tea help you? I have some green tea with strawberry. Does it have to be pure green tea or can you have it with other flavors in?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey jodidi :)

it helped me lose weight hehe i lost 4.5 lbs the first week i drunk it.. and i hadnt been losing weight for ages before then..

pure green tea is yuck lol i drink the flavoured ones..

it will make you poop alot for the first few days so beware but try it! it really does help.. x

hi, well I'm re-joining class on thursday night, I'm gonna pay for a 12 week countdown and hopefully that will force me to go every week and actually stick more to it during the week.
Roziee sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time, I'm here if you need me.
I'm going to start tomorrow with water challenge, will try starting food tomorrow as well but don't get paid till tomorrow so it will have to be a hodge bodge of whatever I have in.

I will keep a food diary in my diary on here so hopefully the weeks where it's gone well I can repeat and the weeks where it's carp I can see why.

Looking forward to losing weight with you all again.

hey loony.. that is a good idea. when i was in group it did help going because i wanted to make sure that i had a good loss at group. it was just a shame that i had a carp group that i joined and i left after a few weeks...

Hi everyone i'm still here i'm starting the 30 day shred tomorrow and I am currently in the process of quitting smokin i'm up for 2litres of water and 7sf too I wi on tuesday for my 1st time since rejoining and i'm not looking forward to it I just haven't been able to get in th right head space so i've been avoiding this site how stupid can you get tomorrow is my new day 1 as i'm starting again hope everyones ok xxx

Roziee said:
Emma don't leave us, even when you're having bad days... We are here no matter what your days been like x

Thanks hun th funny thing is is that I know that honest I do yet I felt shame I see people struggle I think everyone does at some point but as its my 1st week I thought people would think I was stupid which I suppose I am for not asking for help but I am back and I may even do your heads in over th next month or so but thats what I love about this site the unconditional support only now I will actually seek it out xx

emma3662 said:
Thanks hun th funny thing is is that I know that honest I do yet I felt shame I see people struggle I think everyone does at some point but as its my 1st week I thought people would think I was stupid which I suppose I am for not asking for help but I am back and I may even do your heads in over th next month or so but thats what I love about this site the unconditional support only now I will actually seek it out xx

Don't be daft. Ask for as much help as you need! There is always someone to help :)

I will now I swear I might even give green tea a go too i've got a box just sitting there and cant wait to stop smokin either i'm readin a book called the easyway to stop smokin and so far its amazing xx

emma3662 said:
I will now I swear I might even give green tea a go too i've got a box just sitting there and cant wait to stop smokin either i'm readin a book called the easyway to stop smokin and so far its amazing xx

Definitely try the green tea Emma.. I never drink it hot.. It's not something I enjoy drinking so I just gulp it down once it's cooled down! Lol add some sweetener in it so it's palatable too..

What are your plans for tomorrow?

Tomorrow? Finish book if I havent already actually cook and th 30 day shred haha oh and drink green tea i'll probs put a slice of lemon in I dont mind th taste too much i've had chinese tea before and that is terrible for rushing to th toilet but its meant to burn fat and probs too much info but it makes you smell so bad haha xx

emma3662 said:
Tomorrow? Finish book if I havent already actually cook and th 30 day shred haha oh and drink green tea i'll probs put a slice of lemon in I dont mind th taste too much i've had chinese tea before and that is terrible for rushing to th toilet but its meant to burn fat and probs too much info but it makes you smell so bad haha xx

What book are you reading?

Chinese tea? Not had that before.. Green tea made me go to the loo so much when I first started! Proper detox! :8855:

The easyway to stop smoking a lot have people have stopped after finishing it and never looked back no cravings what so ever x

emma3662 said:
The easyway to stop smoking a lot have people have stopped after finishing it and never looked back no cravings what so ever x

How long have you been smoking for? I hope it helps hun..

I remember my dad went cold turkey and then got known as the "dad whose always chewing gum" LOL

hi

i have lost 3stone 1/2lb since january 12th but am now struggling and reached a plateau, i have another 6-8 stone to go so hoping i can get past this but well done every1 else :)

Hey!

I drink green tea regularly now, I have the Clipper one with lemon but I also just bought white tea with vanilla which is nice. I don't know if it's the tea or not but I don't have the appetite I used to. Don't get me wrong, I could definitely still overeat or eat the wrong things but I'm finding I'm eating when I'm actually hungry not just because I want something, well more of the time anyway. It did take a couple of weeks but I actually like the taste now. Apparently it's better if you leave to water for a couple of minutes after it boils before you pour it over the tea, it doesn't get such a bitter taste. Something about scorching the leaves if the water is boiling.

As for exercise, I'm going to aim to walk the dog for a bit longer each day and go to the gym at least twice a week. Build up gradually to see how it affects my appetite.

I like the idea of following each others food diaries, would give us all meal idea's too. I'll write mine down from tomorrow and post at the end of a week. It'll probably help to keep me in check if I know people will see it!

Roziee said:

I remember my dad went cold turkey and then got known as the "dad whose always chewing gum" LOL

About 10 years and i'm only 23 in may so too bloody long haha x

SarahCroz said:
Hey!

I drink green tea regularly now, I have the Clipper one with lemon but I also just bought white tea with vanilla which is nice. I don't know if it's the tea or not but I don't have the appetite I used to. Don't get me wrong, I could definitely still overeat or eat the wrong things but I'm finding I'm eating when I'm actually hungry not just because I want something, well more of the time anyway. It did take a couple of weeks but I actually like the taste now. Apparently it's better if you leave to water for a couple of minutes after it boils before you pour it over the tea, it doesn't get such a bitter taste. Something about scorching the leaves if the water is boiling.

As for exercise, I'm going to aim to walk the dog for a bit longer each day and go to the gym at least twice a week. Build up gradually to see how it affects my appetite.

I like the idea of following each others food diaries, would give us all meal idea's too. I'll write mine down from tomorrow and post at the end of a week. It'll probably help to keep me in check if I know people will see it!

Hey Sarah :)

Yeah wen I was drinking green tea regularly I stopped tea and coffee completely.. Didn't have a cup for 3 weeks at one point! :eek:

I've heard that too about scorching the leaves although I just used to brew it for a minute and then take the yea bag out and it was ok to drink for me..

Can't wait to see your food diary! X

Roziee said:

Oh and you literally read th book no patches no gum no nothing in fact he says nicotine replacement therapy is a scam as it just keeps you addicted to nicotine x

hi guys

i keep losin 4-6lbs and then puttin it back on, so frustratin when im not doing anything different grrrrr

Roziee said:
hey jodidi :)

it helped me lose weight hehe i lost 4.5 lbs the first week i drunk it.. and i hadnt been losing weight for ages before then..

pure green tea is yuck lol i drink the flavoured ones..

it will make you poop alot for the first few days so beware but try it! it really does help.. x

I'm going to start tomorrow, with a cup in the morning and afternoon!

donna811 said:
hi guys

i keep losin 4-6lbs and then puttin it back on, so frustratin when im not doing anything different grrrrr

Hi Donna :wavey:

I hear you- I have been the same for ages now.

I don't see your name on the list, are you me to this thread? :)

jodidi said:
I'm going to start tomorrow, with a cup in the morning and afternoon!

Yay!

Another thing I'm going to do this week girls and boy..

I'm going to have a SE meal a day at least. I want to try to have 2 meals a day but definitely breakfast will be SE (that's 2/3 SF and 1/3 free). I'm thinking of doing breakfast and dinner so I can reduce my carb intake and boost my loss hopefully.

Breakfast is going to be scrambled eggs, toast and fried mushrooms, onions, peppers and tomatoes.

Lunch will be my normal lunchage.

Supper with be SE..

Back