>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

You just did! Welcome!

loonylamb said:
hi mandy, great to hear you've got that good news, at least it's smears rather than more treatment (although smears are naff enough)

hi jayde, i've heard if you start off bigger you can have the extra syns but it was on here that I heard it, well done on your weight loss so far tho.

well I've changed class to one nearer work and it's much better, the consultant is enthusiastic and she holds the competitions in class where you vote for man/woman of the year, miss slinky, etc, etc
every group I've been to before have never done that (or if they have it was before I started or after I left) the class is quite big but a lot of people don't stay.

so class was 2 days earlier than the one I had been going to and I've lost 1.5 lbs and got this

so once i figure out how to put it in my signature it's going in :bliss:

Aww that's fantastic loony!!!! Xx

Tonileeanne said:
Hi Rozie, think I have messed up!! My total to target was 6 stone, and I have lost 13lb so far in the past 4 weeks, (5.5 today) so I have another 71 to go to my sw target. Being new to both sw and this forum I have obviously misread this challenge!! Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks everyone though, very nice friendly group.

Cheers, Toni. x

Why are you leaving??? Stayyyyyyyy x

fatbgone said:
Jumped on the scales at work, showing a gain already . Blah!! But it is midnight. I'm going to make more effort to up the water intake! I think this may help?

What day do u WI Beth? X

emma3662 said:
Wont be here until tuesday girls as my credit runs out midnight tomorrow :-( speak soon and hope everyone has fab losses xx

Speak soon my darling xxx

fatbgone said:
Arghhh sooo tired! Worked til 2, had to get up at 6.30 and been on the go ever since. Went for a run but need to do shred, getting my son at 3.15 then I'm going to try and do it between 3.30-4.30 as its only 20 mins. Working from 5-2 am again. Tomorrow night I finish at 7 tho, yay!!!!

Because I've been rushing so much only Just eaten lunch/breakfast all in one! Salad leaves, rocket, tomatoes and chicken tikka and mango, pineapple and melon for after.

Dinner I'm thinking jacket, Coley and plenty of mixed veg with my heA. Alpen bars for B. And something synful after within remaining syns.

Off for a 20 min power nap!

How was the nap? I can't do 20 mins naps. It takes me about an hour to fall asleep!

xMandyDx said:
Plenty of body magic for me today. Firstly went down town to pay the bills and do the food shop... it's a good long walk away, too. Then came home and had to put all the shopping away. Now have to clean the entire house. It's taken me an hour just to get the kitchen done and clean the tiles/grout... God! Next stop, sitting room. Need this place sparkling for the BBQ tomorrow... won't have anyone leaving my home with anything bad to say LOL

Mandyyyyyy either you're house is filthy r you're a clean freak!!! You're forever doing some sort of cleaning love. You don't need the exercise the amount you do! Is the house nice and clean now? X

5sttogo said:
Can I join please? Xx

:wavey:

Of course :)

How are you? Welcome to the family. Tell us a little about yourself...

Roziee my weigh in day is Monday mornings! 20 minute nap was bliss.. but can't wait to see my pillow again!! Haha I can sleep anywhere and get there quickly! As long as I have my blanket (yes really!!) I'm sorted..! My favourite thing ever is to have the window open all day and night and then about 10 mums before bed spray lavendar spray on my pillow... Awww its lush! Maybe try that roziee??

Mandy you're house must be gleaming!!! Everything crossed for you its nice and dry tomorrow for your bbq! Yummmm... Bbq chicken in a bun! Massive burgers... Oooo lord. I'm sleep and meat deprived today! Will spend my night shift dreaming of massive beef burgers smothered with cheese and coleslaw and also my bed!

fatbgone said:
Roziee my weigh in day is Monday mornings! 20 minute nap was bliss.. but can't wait to see my pillow again!! Haha I can sleep anywhere and get there quickly! As long as I have my blanket (yes really!!) I'm sorted..! My favourite thing ever is to have the window open all day and night and then about 10 mums before bed spray lavendar spray on my pillow... Awww its lush! Maybe try that roziee??

Mandy you're house must be gleaming!!! Everything crossed for you its nice and dry tomorrow for your bbq! Yummmm... Bbq chicken in a bun! Massive burgers... Oooo lord. I'm sleep and meat deprived today! Will spend my night shift dreaming of massive beef burgers smothered with cheese and coleslaw and also my bed!

Lavender sprayed on me bed pillow? That sounds interesting. Where can I get it from love?

I went out for Lebanese. Delicious food. Not sw friendly but was delicious. Starters are always the best when going to middle eastern restaurants.

Plan for the next 3 days is lots and lots of fruit and veg!

I weigh in same day and time as u Beth. Nekkid Monday morning wi's!

Evening all :) Roziee I have a lavender pillow and room spray from Avon and it was only a few quid :)

Just got back from my first aqua zumba it was sooooo fun! Definately gonna do that again.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Half way through the week to next wi already! Gonna really try to up my speed food to try and secure a loss.

Ooo roziee as above said, Avon! But boots sell it too! Loveeeely!! Give it a go!

Lebanese food; what did you have? I'm so bad at trying different foods! Is it spicey??

Awww I wish I could weigh in nekkid Monday but my consultant wouldn't wanna see me in the buff so early!! Hehe. I always wear the same outfit tho!! And no knickers...!! 3 days to go!!

Going to double shred tomorrow, morning and afternoon to make up for lack of it today!? Cautious not too do tooooo much as I want to be able to move weekend!! :)

Ahh my sons having a smurf party and I need smurf invites and can't find them anywhere.. help!

Girls, my house is lovely and clean now, yay... but with three kids and a really messy hubby, who can say how long it will last? Hopefully only have to do a quick tidy round tomorrow, cos I'll be spending a lot of time making some lovely SW friendly BBQ food. Don't know why I'm bothering, really, as the alcohol will be flowing, but hey, you gotta pull back where you can. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go it alone as regards group from now on. There's just no point in spending a tenner every week to get weighed and run. With OH's new job, the hours are all over the place and he never knows what time he'll be working at. Nine times out of ten he just gets a phone call a couple of hours beforehand. He's been gone today since 1pm... it's now just past 1am and he's only packing up to come home. Sucks.

So, I'm thinking I might just have to WI in the chemist when I do my food shop on a Thursday morning. I suppose the first WI won't really count, will it? Since the SW scales are bound to be different from the chemist ones. They could alternately tell me I'm half a stone lighter/heavier.

I will really miss group, though. And it's going to be so hard going it alone. Not that I'll be truly alone when I have you all, but... I'm the type to cheat here and there if I've no one to answer to. But it's just an expensive hop on the scales right now. Maybe if his hours in work form some sort of pattern, I can rejoin.

As for Smurf invites... make your own using Word, or buy from Amazon here :D

Hmmm no one does Avon round where I live? Can I buy directly from them online? I'll have a smooch later on..

Jayde aqua thingie sounds like so much fun! What do u do in the class?

Mandy- I hope the BBQ goes well my darling. And give a stern warning to anyone who even thinks about making a mess at home! Hehe

We will be your group- your inspiration and held whenever you need it. You will do great and dont need a group- :) xxxx

Thanks mandy! Have no laptop at the mo so amazon it is.. thanks :)

Roziee you can buy Avon online now,my Avon lady is sooooo rude so I always buy online now!! She literally threw a book at me when I said I didn't want anything out of the previous catalogue. I saw her up the local shop and she said she understood I'd lost my job but really should make more of an effort with buying from her and my appearance!!!!!! Bloomin cheek! So Avon online it is :)

Ooo don't worry mandy we re here.. I agree I would struggle without group as the group wi is what keeps me going. But you'll have all our support all week and you'll be saving money for more speed food!! Your hubby works crazy long shifts, sounds like he deserves a good time tonight! Hope it all goes well! :)

1lb off for me today making a total of 36lbs. Things have slowed down a lot recently and life is getting in the way a bit, suppose it'll happen from time to time. I'll keep chipping away and although I've not been contributing much lately I'm still up for the challenge! You're all doing fantastically well - keep it up!! I hope to be back and fully 'on it' in a couple of weeks xx

SarahCroz said:
1lb off for me today making a total of 36lbs. Things have slowed down a lot recently and life is getting in the way a bit, suppose it'll happen from time to time. I'll keep chipping away and although I've not been contributing much lately I'm still up for the challenge! You're all doing fantastically well - keep it up!! I hope to be back and fully 'on it' in a couple of weeks xx

36lbs is amazing! Is that this year alone? Fabulous. Life has a habit of doing that, carry on chipping away. You're doing fab!!

Upping the speed foods today. Not shredding. Too tired! Went for a run instead hehe.

Having Muhrooms strogonoff for lunch!! Yummmm.. mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes and courgettes with philly and 0% yoghurt. Yumm. And a pear afterwards. Really trying as I really want a loss this week!! Got my 2ltrs of water for this evening too..

What's everyone having for tea? Need inspiration!

Thanks for letting me join i gained 2lbs since quitting the Cambridge plan yesterday (knew it was going to happen it just my glycogen stores) hopefully i want gain to much this week and my body will have readjusted by next <3 you are all doing great on here 6st seems such a long way away i feel i can do it though as its the whole family doing the plan xx

Spinach
Green beans
Carrots
Mushrooms
Pineapple
Melon
Courgettes
Tomatoes

All my speed foods today and I had mango, peas and sweetcorn too! Yummmm :)

Hope everyone's having a lovely start to the weekend... Hoping mandys having a fab bbq!! X

5sttogo said:
Thanks for letting me join i gained 2lbs since quitting the Cambridge plan yesterday (knew it was going to happen it just my glycogen stores) hopefully i want gain to much this week and my body will have readjusted by next <3 you are all doing great on here 6st seems such a long way away i feel i can do it though as its the whole family doing the plan xx

Ooo how long did you do Cambridge for?? Welcome to the thread :) I couldn't do Cambridge... Sw isnt as fast a loss but the plan us brilliant to follow. Fits in to home life I find.

Just six days i stuck to it religiously but the thought of a another powdered meal made me want to vomit, I feel like it was an excuse to not think about living responsibly with my food and learning how to eat for life, I just want to be healthy xxx

5sttogo said:
Just six days i stuck to it religiously but the thought of a another powdered meal made me want to vomit, I feel like it was an excuse to not think about living responsibly with my food and learning how to eat for life, I just want to be healthy xxx

Good for you tho for trying it and realising it wasn't suitable for you. I think that's what sw teaches you.. I've done it since last October now and I'm so much more aware of fats and calories in food. It also helped me to become more energetc which trust me is a miracle!

Good luck in your journey and be sure to stay in touch!! :) are you going to group?

Yesterday's weather couldn't have possibly been any worse! Rain, rain, rain. Good job we had two gazebos in the garden. All the food went down a treat. I done homemade burgers, SW chips and wedges, Smash Pizza, chicken wings, drummers, coleslaw, egg mayo... it was literally devoured. I didn't even get any of the pizza haha by the time I came back out with something else, it had all been eaten...in the space of like 3 minutes lol
OH had a fabulous time, and kept hugging me all night, telling me he loved me and "thanks baby, thank you for tonight." Awww. It's good when a plan comes together...all we were missing was the weather.
I literally crawled into bed at 7.30am... and back out of it at 9am to clean up (omfg the STATE of the kitchen and sitting room!!!) before OH's mother brought the baby home. OH just popped out to the sitting room here, looked around, coughed, and then said... "I'm going back to bed." Haha he's absolutely dying. So am I, though.

Sounds like a fab evening Mandy! I quite fancy that sort of food now, not made tha smash pizza in ages so might give that a go today.

Dull and dreary here so boring food shopping and housework is on the agenda today. Nearly wi again already the week goes very quickly doesn't it!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend x

It was great fun, Jayde. I actually love the Smash Pizza and even the kids say it's better than any frozen pizza you could buy. Don't quite know what I fancy right now... sleep, more than anything lol but baby is home and OH is still in bed. Think I'll give him a shout around 12 though and have a nap myself.

Back