>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Nope! Plus I made an error on my syns anyway. I originally had an Alpen light bar with a banana for breakfast, and decided to HEXB the olive oil.. but I had another Alpen light bar later. So the oil synned would have been 6, but the Alpen lights worked out at 7... so if I'd used the bars for HEXB instead of the oil I'd have saved a syn and only gone half a syn over. Method to my madness, I promise lol

Morning ladies, Roziee hope you and hubby are having a better day today and that you are in less pain, i just thought i would let you know what i had for breakfast, Magic Pancakes, for those of you who dont know what they are (sorry if you do) use a HEB of porridge oats and mix with a muller light and leave in the fridge overnight, then in the morning mix in 2 eggs and some sweetner and cook as a normal pancake, i think i need to experiment as i cant quite decide if i liked it or if i feel a bit sick lol, but it is free on EE plus a HEB and its something different, and with pancake day coming up could be a good alternative. Happy slimming today my lovelys xx

Nope! Plus I made an error on my syns anyway. I originally had an Alpen light bar with a banana for breakfast, and decided to HEXB the olive oil.. but I had another Alpen light bar later. So the oil synned would have been 6, but the Alpen lights worked out at 7... so if I'd used the bars for HEXB instead of the oil I'd have saved a syn and only gone half a syn over. Method to my madness, I promise lol

Hi Mandy the Alpen light bars are 3syns each. xx

Morning ladies, Roziee hope you and hubby are having a better day today and that you are in less pain, i just thought i would let you know what i had for breakfast, Magic Pancakes, for those of you who dont know what they are (sorry if you do) use a HEB of porridge oats and mix with a muller light and leave in the fridge overnight, then in the morning mix in 2 eggs and some sweetner and cook as a normal pancake, i think i need to experiment as i cant quite decide if i liked it or if i feel a bit sick lol, but it is free on EE plus a HEB and its something different, and with pancake day coming up could be a good alternative. Happy slimming today my lovelys xx

Hi Paulabeard I have tried the magic porridge but not warmed up to make it like a pancake, going to give that a try tomorrow. xx

Hi Paula.... I tried them... Didn't like it... :S I tried the magic porridge first before adding in the eggs.. And I didn't like the taste if raw oats... Shame, really wanted to like them...

Hi Mandy the Alpen light bars are 3syns each. xx

Ahhhh couldn't find them in my bible... so I counted the 70 cals as 3.5 syns! Yay!

Just wrote this in my diary but thought I'd say this with you guys..

Because there was no food in the house hubby asked his friend to buy some milk bread and eggs to keep us ticking over till the asda shopping arrives this afternoon.. He bought us hovis medium sliced bread (the big bread) and I just weighed 2 slices and it weighed 78g .. So 18g above what we're allowed for our hex b allowance..

I worked it out that 2 medium slices of hovis is hex b + 2 syns.. Which isn't bad at all.. And you feel full after eaten it so I might start buying that from now on..

just -0.5lb for me this week. very pleased with that as i've has the strangest week of working out my notice and going to interviews - most of which seemed to include lunch!

Must do better next week - I've got a wedding soon!

I dont really have a lot of luck with sweet things i.e pancakes , cakes etc, i just dont like the slimming world versions and i have tried so many, i think i just need to have real sugar and syn it to be honest, i might try the pancake again but this time with vanilla muller, i didnt mind the magic porridge but it was a bit strange 0.5lb off is good still going in the right direction :) x

vickidyers said:
just -0.5lb for me this week. very pleased with that as i've has the strangest week of working out my notice and going to interviews - most of which seemed to include lunch!

Must do better next week - I've got a wedding soon!

How did your interviews go? 0.5 loss is brilliant :) xx

paulabeard said:
I dont really have a lot of luck with sweet things i.e pancakes , cakes etc, i just dont like the slimming world versions and i have tried so many, i think i just need to have real sugar and syn it to be honest, i might try the pancake again but this time with vanilla muller, i didnt mind the magic porridge but it was a bit strange 0.5lb off is good still going in the right direction :) x

me too paula..i put sugar in my weetabix and syn it.. It's only 3 syns and I'd rather syn it and enjoy it than use horrible sweetener and have that artificial sweetener taste in my mouth..

Im glad its not just me, everybody else raves about all the cakes etc and i try them and they are eggy or not at all cake like lol

That's true.. Some interviews are difficult to get a feeling for.. Hoping you get a response very soon with some good news xxx

Paula- you're not.. I wish I could enjoy everything with sweetener but I really can't... Bleurgh!

Im glad its not just me, everybody else raves about all the cakes etc and i try them and they are eggy or not at all cake like lol

Same here! lol I can't be doing with the vile things :( I've lost count of the food I've wasted in my futile attempts to make 'The' cake :giggle:

Just wrote this in my diary but thought I'd say this with you guys..

Because there was no food in the house hubby asked his friend to buy some milk bread and eggs to keep us ticking over till the asda shopping arrives this afternoon.. He bought us hovis medium sliced bread (the big bread) and I just weighed 2 slices and it weighed 78g .. So 18g above what we're allowed for our hex b allowance..

I worked it out that 2 medium slices of hovis is hex b + 2 syns.. Which isn't bad at all.. And you feel full after eaten it so I might start buying that from now on..

Good idea Batman :D Can't beat a 'propper' sarnie :)

Wooooooo I as a little upset that it was 'only' -0.5 this week, but i've just checker the first list (thankyou Roziee for updating) and I'm -10lb this year so far.

Cool - Bring it on......I can do 84lb this year - piece of cake!!

Did someone mention cake?? :D

Of course you can! We all can! We all WILL! :D Bring it on. lol

Tonight might be a bit of a naughty night for me. Well there's no 'might' about it actually :rolleyes: It's my birthday today and I've got friends coming round tonight and there will be vodka involved :eek: lots of vodka :eek: I fear it may take me prisioner! lol

We usually have a takeaway, but this year I'm employing the 'damage limitation' tactic and cooking instead :D I've been busy all day cooking loads of SW dishes. My kitchen smells flipping lush :D lol

So, although I'll go way over my syns on vodka (been saving up all week though) at least the food will be spot on! lol

I'm making that Eaton Mess I've seen on here for dessert. Can't wait to get my chops round that :D Does anyone know if they can be made in advance or will the meringue go soggy if I do?

Back