>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Good evening all, just read though to catch up. Congrats to you amazing people today. What a fantastic amount we have lost between us, I think we could show the Biggest losses up!

Take care all
bron

Cross posted from my diary because I'm very proud of myself but also still feel a little like I want that take away:

Well that was painful!

Finished the weekly food shop and got some nice meals in as usual - picked up fruit and veg to ensure I get my super free in with my meals etc picked up some velvet crisps and chocolate to use my syns on

Driving home other half suggests a curry....
****!

I must admit I had to really really think. A I went from 'no way' to 'oh I could so eat a take away curry' we turned the car around in the direction of the take away

Well I'm now at home cooking... Because I finally decided NO
I have an off plan Meal planned for valentines day which I'm happy to take

I won't lie; it was blooming hard saying no but I thought of being target by the end of this year and even though one gain one week isn't the end of the world - it very quickly becomes two gains and three and before I know it I'm back to how I started

So I thought of my new size 10/12 wardrobe, I thought of target by Christmas, I thought of my upcoming 2.5 stone award which I'm 5lbs away from and I thought about not losing to my dad in my race for 3stone!

I am now feeling great because I can say no! And I'm still aiming for 4lbs loss this week

Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think this thread is making is really motivated and that's great. That's exactly the reason why we wanted to create such a thread.

It feels amazing knowing something so simple as creating a thread can spur us on.. :) well done emmey.. Proud of u xx

Please update me Roziee

FOUR and a half off :D:D:D:D

Lucia Lucia said:
Please update me Roziee

Well done! :)

Girls...

If my calculations are right... we have collectively, we have lost 258 llbs so far!!!!!!

:grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::girlpower::girlpower::girlpower::girlpower::girlpower::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

:eek::eek: thats amazing!!!!

Please update me Roziee

:D:D thats also amazing

I love this thread.

been back on track 2 weeks... and ate out at an Indian each week... same planned for Saturday..... each time I have had Tandoori lamb/chicken/prawns or fish.... starter and main.... Only 1 poppadom with onions and a chapati.... I am not going to deny myself these nights out... as long as I choose wisely... strangely I usually lose more when I have these treats... keeps me on track before and after....

It's been a hard day and I've given in to what my body is saying.

Last night I felt so hungry, like I was to the point of fainting.. I fast every year and that feeling wasnt as bad as what I had last night so I ate something and counted the syns for today as it was after midnight..

Then today had the same feeling when I was at the hospital with hubby and was now shaking because I had my pains too so had a sandwich from costa.. Again I counted the syns and thought I'd just reduce the number of syns for the rest of the week..

Still didn't feel well so now i know something isn't right. I've just eaten Oreo biscuits and a lion bar with a cup of coffee.

I remember feeling like this when I first started sw last year,, maybe it's my body getting used to the lack of sugar/fats again but I needed sugar so that's that.

*Sally Cinnamon* said:
been back on track 2 weeks... and ate out at an Indian each week... same planned for Saturday..... each time I have had Tandoori lamb/chicken/prawns or fish.... starter and main.... Only 1 poppadom with onions and a chapati.... I am not going to deny myself these nights out... as long as I choose wisely... strangely I usually lose more when I have these treats... keeps me on track before and after....

It wasn't so much about having to deny myself it was more about limitation - I know other half is baking a chocolate cake at the weekend so will have some of this during the week which is plenty of a treat without going overboard with a meal off as well. I too have had one 'flexi meal' consisting of any take away I fancied some weeks and still lost weight that week
But when your old habits could easily expand to 3/4 take always - its about taking that control and actually saying no sometimes

Get your blood sugar checked Roziee

My blood pressure I low.. I just checked it.. 100 over 70...

Get yourself to the doctor Roziee - that doesn't sound good :(

Well I'm sorry I've let the side down tonight, feeling absolutely terrible tonight and just couldn't face cooking so ordered take out - tried to keep it as healthy as i could but I'll be honest, it wasn't too good :( Tbh I've had a few things I've had to take care of tonight but I'm planning on filling a hot water bottle, crawling into bed, pulling the duvet up over my head and hoping I stay there till the morning :( I feel lousy (don't worry I'm not dying, its just a cold but I'm more like a bloke when I get ill which luckily isn't often, I get on with what I need to but I will be whinging about it the whole time!!)

dory78 said:
Well I'm sorry I've let the side down tonight, feeling absolutely terrible tonight and just couldn't face cooking so ordered take out - tried to keep it as healthy as i could but I'll be honest, it wasn't too good :( Tbh I've had a few things I've had to take care of tonight but I'm planning on filling a hot water bottle, crawling into bed, pulling the duvet up over my head and hoping I stay there till the morning :( I feel lousy (don't worry I'm not dying, its just a cold but I'm more like a bloke when I get ill which luckily isn't often, I get on with what I need to but I will be whinging about it the whole time!!)

Draw a line under it hun - new day tomorrow and you could easily avoid any lasting gain by getting back on plan

And fair play for admitting this! We're all human so make mistakes :)

I need to stop weighing myself! This is my second week and since my weigh in on Monday night I appear to have put on two pounds (showed up on the Tuesday morning and hasn't changed since). I've been weighing myself a few times a day hoping for a difference (as I know what I weighed naked the morning of weigh in, and with clothes on at night after day of food) but there hasn't been.... All I'm doing now is just depressing myself!

Hopefully it'll all sort itself out for Monday so I need to be strong with scales!

bubulix said:
I need to stop weighing myself! This is my second week and since my weigh in on Monday night I appear to have put on two pounds (showed up on the Tuesday morning and hasn't changed since). I've been weighing myself a few times a day hoping for a difference (as I know what I weighed naked the morning of weigh in, and with clothes on at night after day of food) but there hasn't been.... All I'm doing now is just depressing myself!

Hopefully it'll all sort itself out for Monday so I need to be strong with scales!

It's hard to stay off the scales, however weighing frequently can be a problem in that if you don't see a positive change it can make you think " this isn't working, I'm not loosing weight I might as well eat....".

And if the scales show a loss you can think

" I'm doing well, so I can have a little treat!"

So either way hopping on and off the scales can really impact on your behaviour for the rest of the day.

Can you ditch the scales, or put them away so it's a bit of a struggle to get to them?

Keep going, we are all here to support you

BRON

Bron said:
It's hard to stay off the scales, however weighing frequently can be a problem in that if you don't see a positive change it can make you think " this isn't working, I'm not loosing weight I might as well eat....".

And if the scales show a loss you can think

" I'm doing well, so I can have a little treat!"

So either way hopping on and off the scales can really impact on your behaviour for the rest of the day.

Can you ditch the scales, or put them away so it's a bit of a struggle to get to them?

Keep going, we are all here to support you

BRON

This I very true!

Also a woman's weight can change through the day anywhere from 1 to 5lbs!! So it's not even a true reading - also depending on your scales temperature can effect them also they only need to be a bit colder than usual to give an in correct reading
Stay off em :)

I can be just as bad, but I'm lucky that I have a brain that tells me:
Gain = be super good or else!!!
Loss = Well done- could beat hubby this week so be even BETTER!!! I NEED some Slimmer of the Weeks behind me hahaha

I do like to do a "naked-morning-weigh-after-trip-to-the-toilet" Too much info I know, but at least it is a consistent view!!!

Wii Fit also praised me yesterday! I had lost 5lbs since my last Body Test 16 days before and that I was losing at a sensible rate.... yay!! Go us!!!

As for 258lbs loss between us, that's almost 18 stones 5lbs!!! That's a whole overweight person (or two teeny ones!!!) I like the idea of the total loss too..... very inspiring :wee::happy036:

Roziee.... I hope you have gone to the doctors????!!!!! :fingerscrossed: Get well soon honey xx

Back