>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Draw a line under it hun - new day tomorrow and you could easily avoid any lasting gain by getting back on plan

And fair play for admitting this! We're all human so make mistakes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You're totally right! Decided I'm gonna have low syn days over the weekend which is always a little hard as I'll be at my bfs and he's rubbish for keeping fresh food in the house! (Well fresh food that you'd wanna eat, ie stuff that doesn't have fur on it!!) I switched my usual weetabix with sugar for 2 satsumas, an apple and a muller light - did have a cup of tea with sugar but that was more medicinal as my throat is still killing me! But gonna try to keep it to things like that today and keep syns to around 5 or so, maybe have a mugshot or a pasta n sauce for lunch (both free) and then a stirfry for tea? with loads of fruit in between - hopefully then i'll shake this cold sooner rather than later cos i blooming hate being ill!

Thanks Charmelz.

Take a nice long hot shower, get in to some comfy pjs and grab some fruit and ff yogurt and munch on that and rest for the evening if you can..

Decided the best thing was just to go to bed and my god did I sleep well. In fact I've not long got up. I obviously needed it

You're totally right! Decided I'm gonna have low syn days over the weekend which is always a little hard as I'll be at my bfs and he's rubbish for keeping fresh food in the house! (Well fresh food that you'd wanna eat, ie stuff that doesn't have fur on it!!) I switched my usual weetabix with sugar for 2 satsumas, an apple and a muller light - did have a cup of tea with sugar but that was more medicinal as my throat is still killing me! But gonna try to keep it to things like that today and keep syns to around 5 or so, maybe have a mugshot or a pasta n sauce for lunch (both free) and then a stirfry for tea? with loads of fruit in between - hopefully then i'll shake this cold sooner rather than later cos i blooming hate being ill!

Hey Dory, have you tried having your Weetabix with chopped banana on it instead of sugar? Saves using any syns and I don't think I could ever go back after trying is for a few weeks!!! I LOVED my sugar on them before.... think I'd :9529: at the taste now!!!!

SAVE THOSE SYNS!!!! :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump: xxx

Thanks for the support, glad I'm not alone. I will work on it!

Just had tuna mayo sandwich and chips for lunch, yummy. Was technically syn free as bread was my healthy extra and it was leftover tuna mayo from yesterday and I'd already synned the whole lot yesterday.

Hey Dory, have you tried having your Weetabix with chopped banana on it instead of sugar? Saves using any syns and I don't think I could ever go back after trying is for a few weeks!!! I LOVED my sugar on them before.... think I'd :9529: at the taste now!!!!

SAVE THOSE SYNS!!!! :heartpump::heartpump::heartpump: xxx

Hmmm not tried it with banana - have to give that a go next week - thanks for the tip :D

Do you have it with milk as well? Or just dry with banana?

Hmmm not tried it with banana - have to give that a go next week - thanks for the tip :D

Do you have it with milk as well? Or just dry with banana?

Hello Dory78, have you tried the Silver Spoon (the sugar people) sweetener? It comes in tablets and jars. I tried all sorts of sweeteners and didn't like the taste of any of them, until I tried the Silver spoon one. I couldn't drink tea without a spoon of sugar before or eat weetabix without a sprinkle of sugar on, but since I found this sweetener, I haven't used sugar. One tablet in my tea and a light sprinkle from the jar on my weetabix. It tastes nice :) and you don't need to use your syns.

BTW I don't work for them!!

Hello Dory78, have you tried the Silver Spoon (the sugar people) sweetener? It comes in tablets and jars. I tried all sorts of sweeteners and didn't like the taste of any of them, until I tried the Silver spoon one. I couldn't drink tea without a spoon of sugar before or eat weetabix without a sprinkle of sugar on, but since I found this sweetener, I haven't used sugar. One tablet in my tea and a light sprinkle from the jar on my weetabix. It tastes nice :) and you don't need to use your syns.

BTW I don't work for them!!

Haha you sure you don't work for them ;) lol

I have tried most sweeteners and can't stand them - sorry! I do have the half spoon though by them which is like half sugar half sweetener, thats ok

Please count me in!

xJoanneJJx - Currently weigh 16st 4. 6 stone off that would be amazing :D

I've added you on to the list Joanne and anyone who asked me to update their stats.

I didn't to go to the doctors. it is my own faulty thinking back to yesterday..This is what i wrote in my diary yesterday..

Roziee said:
Day Twenty Four

Midnight munchies are bad. Was being the good wife and kept hubby company as his chest pains were bad but I was so hungry I thought I was gonna pass out!

3 toast (9 syns)
Marg (4 syns)
Quavers (4.5 syns)

Breakfast:
Porridge pancakes (hex b)
Banana

Pineapple
Grapes

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Cheese (hex a)
Beans

Supper:
Not sure

Total syns=17.5

I could just skip the porridge pancakes and have a cooked breakfast but I want to try them out.. or I could have a red day...

Which would mean:
porridge (hex b1)
2 toast (hex b2)

Quavers (4.5 syns)
Marg (4 syns)

I could have fart soup for lunch

Then no idea what I'd eat for supper...

I'd need your help with this one guys...

Edit: not having the pancakes- made one and it's ok, not worth the extra syns though.

Day Twenty Four

Midnight munchies are bad. Was being the good wife and kept hubby company as his chest pains were bad but I was so hungry I thought I was gonna pass out!

3 toast (hex b + 3 syns)
Marg (4 syns)
Quavers (4.5 syns)

Breakfast:
Banana
Grapes
1 pint water

Pineapple
Melon

Lunch:
Costa egg and mushroom roll (17 syns)

Supper:
Not sure

Total syns=28.5

I ate a little fruit in the morning.. Then a teeny roll or lunch and then some smash and meatballs for supper. I mean, I'm 20 stones.. Not 8.. I didn't eat enough and my blood pressure was low yesterday morning anyway. I just didn't want to go out of control and instead made myself ill.

I haven't been on plan :( which has made me very sad. I have been in floods of tears last night and today. But hey ho.... :(

Last edited:
Awww Roziee don't be sad you are a wonderful inspirational person and you are also human. I think you need lots more free food not just the superfree. Think what you would tell the rest of us.draw a line under it and start afresh xx

rockchick72 said:
Awww Roziee don't be sad you are a wonderful inspirational person and you are also human. I think you need lots more free food not just the superfree. Think what you would tell the rest of us.draw a line under it and start afresh xx

Here here! Hope you start feeling better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've added you on to the list Joanne and anyone who asked me to update their stats.

I didn't to go to the doctors. it is my own faulty thinking back to yesterday..This is what i wrote in my diary yesterday..

Edit: not having the pancakes- made one and it's ok, not worth the extra syns though.

Day Twenty Four

3 toast (hex b + 3 syns)
Marg (4 syns)
Quavers (4.5 syns)

Breakfast:
Banana
Grapes
1 pint water

Pineapple
Melon

Lunch:
Costa egg and mushroom roll (17 syns)

Supper:
Not sure

Total syns=28.5

I ate a little fruit in the morning.. Then a teeny roll or lunch and then some smash and meatballs for supper. I mean, I'm 20 stones.. Not 8.. I didn't eat enough and my blood pressure was low yesterday morning anyway. I just didn't want to go out of control and instead made myself ill.

I haven't been on plan :( which has made me very sad. I have been in floods of tears last night and today. But hey ho.... :(

:bighug: i hope you are feeling better honey xxx i also think you should go see the doctor and have a general checkover. Can't hurt now can it xxxx

Last edited:
Hope you're ok Roziee. Tomorrow's a new day :) -hugs- xx

Oh rozieee, dont cry my love Ive been off track this week. I had KFC the lot and felt awful afterwards, I never learn! But we are human and us losing the weight is not just a physical thing it is also an emotional thing too. Be kind to yourself, least you know where you went wrong and you are choosing to put it right. You are a winner in my eyes hun, and dont feel bad at all. Just start fresh tomorrow. xx

Hi Girls..

Need your support right now..

Will be back on plan from tomorrow.. Would have been today but I slept through the asda man knocking and calling my phone so no food in the house.

I feel like *****. Not only am I suffering from physical pain, but there's domestic stuff going on (not between hubby and I) but with my family back up north and it is very stressful to hear when speaking to them on the telephone.

For those of you who dont know, and apologies for those who do- I have an ovarian and labial cyst removed in October. The labial cyst have never healed so I had to have it stitched up a week on Thursday and it's been very painful since. Can't sit on a chair.. Kills when I pee. Haven't been able to go into work for 6 working days- really worrying me now as it's only a new job..

Low blood pressure was due to lack of food/stress/pain... The doctors won't do anything because they never have done before. They will just say it's because I'm overweight. That's the only answer I normally get. But I'm okay.. Just need to get a grip and get on with things.

Being off plan makes it worse so I will ensure my food is okay from tomorrow when my asda shopping comes..

Roziee- we have all been where you are. Dont feel any guilt or anything. This journey is hard, thats why this sort of thing happens. The Costa thing threw you looking at your diary and thats when it all went wrong. Idont know if this helps at all but if this kind of thing happens to me I switch the day to a calorie count instead as the Costa thing was 17 syns probably not too bad really if you had a light supper. If I am out and about I have a scone and cuppa. That would be 12 syns but only 230 cals. I just call that lunch and calorie count the rest of the day instead. I dont know if thats at all helpful or not but it's how I manage if i'm out and about.

Chin up chuck xxxx

cyst sounds very sore place x

Lucia Lucia said:
Roziee- we have all been where you are. Dont feel any guilt or anything. This journey is hard, thats why this sort of thing happens. The Costa thing threw you looking at your diary and thats when it all went wrong. Idont know if this helps at all but if this kind of thing happens to me I switch the day to a calorie count instead as the Costa thing was 17 syns probably not too bad really if you had a light supper. If I am out and about I have a scone and cuppa. That would be 12 syns but only 230 cals. I just call that lunch and calorie count the rest of the day instead. I dont know if thats at all helpful or not but it's how I manage if i'm out and about.

Chin up chuck xxxx

Lucia Lucia said:
cyst sounds very sore place x

I kind of did lucia.. I tried to save the day by eating less calories and you're right, after the costa thing it all went down hill.

That's why I only ate a little bit in the evening. I've eaten cake today lol but it's fine, I don't feel guilty for having it.

Btw- I just saw the pic you put up in the photo section. I've seen it before but was browsing the forum again. You look like you've lost so much more than 4 stones. You look fantastic :) hubby said so too.. And he only comments when hes being serious!

Cyst is in an awful place. Been very sore for too long now. Fed up with it.

Back