>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

No need to be nasty while giving a reality check. We are all addicted to food. This is a forum, not the diet police.

My comment wasn't intended to be nasty and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just giving my opinion.

My point is that this is a forum. We can only see what is written. Maybe I took all the comments the wrong way. Maybe I am a tad too over sensitive. I worked in a job where we were all bullied continously for 6 years. Just hope that the person it was intended for has a good self esteem and that they will take it the right way. We do not know how anything we say affects others. We can only see what they write or leave out. Maybe she is LOL because she got me all riled up and it was an Aprils Fool joke.

I understand what you mean as I was bullied also but I just cannot believe that she managed to fit into a size 14 dress I weigh less than her and cant get into a 14 but we have all got different shapes but if I wrote that on here i'd be pleased someone put me straight instead of getting to the wedding and having people sniggering behind my back - over and out :)

Hey girls,

Let's not make this into slinky-gate (people who were here from the beginning will know what I mean lol)

I still wish I was a size 14- even if it's just the tag but really a size 24 LOL

Anyway- in 7 weeks I've lost 7 lbs which is a lb a week averaged out.. But I'm glad it's coming off now and I think I'm out of the plateu now I was stuck on.

Lucia- did you ditch your MIL when she went for a dander? :giggle:

The drama! Gave me something to read on a Monday morning, at least! I was a busy girl as regards body magic yesterday, and in all fairness if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all lol.

I took the kids (baby in her stroller and all!) for a walk to B&Q, about 2 km up the road and got great bargains on some paint and woodcare stuff for outside. I got cream for the outside walls, white for the cills and the woodcare stuff for the shed/bin bay/fence. Got all three for less than 50 euro too! So there I was, thinking I was great for sniffing out such bargains, and I went into another store up there and bought the kids a couple of things to play with (badminton set, football, etc.) and when we came back out I parked my arse on a bench and decided to have a smoke before walking back home.

Mistake #1.

Fia wanted to get out of her buggy, and I had her wrist strap with me, so I took her out, put her strap on and connected the other end to the handle of the buggy.

Mistake #2.

She had her ball, and threw it so it rolled away. She ran after it, got pulled up short by the very heavy stroller (2 paint tins underneath and one on the handle), but then it toppled, and fell over backwards. The white paint burst upon impact and splattered everywhere. Me. My eldest daughter, and the buggy and ground.

So after getting such a bargain on the paint, I now need to go buy myself and my daughter new trainers! Urgh!

Bah, anyway.. I got my FIL to pick me up and drive me home, and managed to save half the tin of white by turning it upside down (the bottom was where the crack was) and when I got home, himself tackled painting the back of the house and I painted the shed. Took me hours! Shiplap sheds are horrible to paint. I got most of it done, just leaving the part inside the dog run for himself to do today.
We finished at 5.30pm and then I had to go clean the kitchen before I could cook dinner (he always leaves it in SUCH a mess when he makes lunch!!)

But yeah, all that walking, and bending while painting had to do some good, right?!

Oh and, for the record, I started out at a 20/22 at 18st. Now I'm an 18 at 15st 1lb.

Mother in law behaved impeccably and we had a fab time so didn't have to feed her to the lions after all!

Girls, I need a kick up the bum. I'm losing motivation. There always seems to be something that I can't avoid. Or should I say, I can avoid but don't bloomin' bother?!
This weekend was a disaster. I was so good all week, and even after my cheeky drinks on Friday night, I couldn't pull it back. The cinema was Saturday's reason... and the birthday cake. I had no excuse at all yesterday but got into the "may as well" mindset and went over my syns again.

Helpppppp!!!

Hello everyone,

I have had a really good weigh in this week tho don't really think i deserved but hey! 3lbs lost taking me to 2 stone in total so really happy with that.

I like your paint story Mandy - can just imagine you all standing there covered in the stuff!

Yeah the clothes I was wearing? They're now officially, my decorating clothes lol

Emmey1 said:
I am also very sorry because I've felt exactly the same as this on a few occasions now - I've just not had the balls to say it but quite frankly I'm fed up of reading the bollocks at times - i think things like this make people who are this weight and in a size reflective of this EG 18-22/24 etc makes them feel like there's something wrong when in actual fact there's something very wrong with the weight and size ration going on here

So I too am off with apologies - but only apologise for having to write this not for it's content of which I stand by wholeheartedly and feel is honestly spoken- its actually making me really angry to think someone's typing here thinking we're all idiots to believe it

Also - can we go back to talking about body magic in the sense it was made for, and not the other ;)

Zooooom!......

Well..

I am actually offended.

Give me a couple of hours and ill take a photo.

:( this a site to encourage weight loss not insult others.

I'll take a photo of me in the 16 gok dress and label and the 14 bridesmaid dress and label and a photo of my book.

I am 25 a single mum to a 5 to and have been over weight all my life, I weighed in at group this morning at 17 stone 13.5 - half less then I was on my 18th birthday. More fool me for being excited to come on here and share the news and see how you all had been getting on. I am not here to take the Piss or upset anyone, I'm 5ft 6 wear a 38E cup bra and live in magic pants. I ve spent all my life battling my weight and I'm sad to think anyone would think I'm wasting my time to come on here and type a load of rubbish to cause offence or upset anyone. My arms are enormous my thighs and hips even bigger, ill take the photos to proove to you and corkscrew (and anyone else) and then I hope from now on you can respect what I say.

This is me at 18 st 4lb in a size 18 f+f skirt and a new look blouse size L .

Again I apologise for my son swearing, he's a bugger and has done it repeatedly since watching Mr bean. I say again as I'm sure I put this photo up previously.

Give me a couple of hours to get into the other dresses as I said my son has had a sickness bug soo.. I will do it though as I'm the most honest person you could meet and I don't like to be considered a liar. And I wouldn't intentionally want to make anyone else feel bad in regards to themselves when I've spent my teenage and early 20s feeling that way. It's just not what I am about or who I am.

I'm having massive issues with connecting via my phone so I hope this attachment works...

Bloody thing won't attach. I'll upload it to another site - do Facebook links work to this site??

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120402_101102.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120402_101102.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 60
emzybop said:
I think this is way too judgemental. She said it doesn't look right yet and I don't think it's for anyone else to judge. When I was around 18st4 last year, I'm 5'9 and could fit in loose fitting maxi dresses that were a size 14!

Just think ppl are being a bit harsh with their tone!

Thank you... I did say I didn't look good in it at all. Just as I said I didn't look good in the 16 .. its a confidence boost to me to be able to get into it.

I'm sad to see I wrote that and felt glowing and everyone feels I've taken the Piss. That's not my intentions at all. :(

emma3662 said:
No she actually thought it fit thats wot she said not sarcastic just stating th obvious she needed a reality check nd I think she got 1

No i never ever would dream of wearing it to my sisters wedding. As I stated in the post my sisters wedding is in October.. I have a Hell of a way to go. I just wanted to share I couldn't get it even past my thighs last time. It felt great to get it on. I'm not saying I'm a 14 at all - I'm an 18 in tops and 18 in trousers - 20 in jeans.

I'm sorry it caused so much aggro. I wasn't looking to do that at all.

I want to loose loads more before her wedding, get rid of my bingo wings and the back fat. I'm not at all trying to say I'm great I'm in a 14 my journeys done.. not at all. I know I'm still a fatty, if I was a 14 everyday clothes I'd be bloody chuffed to pieces!!

Also just to add

I know what I am and I know what I look like. I'm no slim 14 , not even a slim 18 tbh. My body resembles an elderly lady - my boobs hit my knees and my bum slaps my thighs when I run !! :)

I joined sw last October and got my 3 stone award this morning and I feel the reason it has worked this time and Ive kept at it (not quickly, not incredibly just steady) is thanks to sites like this and dietmomma etc. The support I get all week and inspiration has been brilliant so I hope once this is done then we can just draw a line please.

I never said woohooo I'm a 14 or yay I'm a 16.. I know I'm not that. But I know its within reach and getting into the dresses - even tho I can't breathe and look like a sack of spuds ! Helps me realise how far I've come and that if I keep going I will be wearing that bloody maxi dress with my boobs nicely placed inside, my arms not flapping as I walk up the aisle and my 10 chins not showing in every photo!

:)

fatbgone said:
Also just to add

I know what I am and I know what I look like. I'm no slim 14 , not even a slim 18 tbh. My body resembles an elderly lady - my boobs hit my knees and my bum slaps my thighs when I run !! :)

I joined sw last October and got my 3 stone award this morning and I feel the reason it has worked this time and Ive kept at it (not quickly, not incredibly just steady) is thanks to sites like this and dietmomma etc. The support I get all week and inspiration has been brilliant so I hope once this is done then we can just draw a line please.

I never said woohooo I'm a 14 or yay I'm a 16.. I know I'm not that. But I know its within reach and getting into the dresses - even tho I can't breathe and look like a sack of spuds ! Helps me realise how far I've come and that if I keep going I will be wearing that bloody maxi dress with my boobs nicely placed inside, my arms not flapping as I walk up the aisle and my 10 chins not showing in every photo!

:)

Some of this made me laugh ya sound like a lovely woman and I actually take it all back I am truly sorry if I offended you however I did blame totm i'm a right ratty cow every time that pic looks great btw keep up ya success 3stone is fab - over and out lol :)

Hey Fatbgone,

First of all, congrats on your loss today, love getting in the next stone bracket, amazing feeling. Secondly, you look great in the pic, you yummy mummy you! Thirdly, I'm sorry if you were offended, it wasn't my intention. I do stand by what I said as I wasn't out to be offensive. The problem with anything on the internet is that sometimes its hard to be clear in what people mean and there can be all sort mis-communication and quick reactions and responses to posts. I'm glad you are a strong woman and haven't been put off, I actually think all this drama has been a good thing as it has allowed people to get things off there chest they were perhaps being too polite before to mention (and therefore could have grown into something nasty iykwim) and has given you an opportunity to clarify (not that you should need to justify yourself but sometimes it helps).

I agree about drawing a line, new day and all that.

Fatbgone... all I managed to see in all those posts, was you insulting yourself, over, and over, and over. Stop it, girl!
We all have different shapes and sizes, and I think if I held my breath and sucked it all in, I'd get into a 14 too... I'd just have to breathe at some point and then I would overflow and burst the seams hahaha.

I don't need proof of you wearing anything. Seems to me that you'd only be cheating yourself of the real satisfaction of really managing to squeeze into a 14 if you came on here and lied about it months ahead of it. At least, that's how I'd feel.

At the end of the day, whether or not someone lies about something, makes no difference to me or anyone else, it would only be themselves they were deceiving.

This is the internet, take everything with a pinch of salt and you'll do well.
Chin up :)

Fatbgone... all I managed to see in all those posts, was you insulting yourself, over, and over, and over. Stop it, girl!
We all have different shapes and sizes, and I think if I held my breath and sucked it all in, I'd get into a 14 too... I'd just have to breathe at some point and then I would overflow and burst the seams hahaha.

I don't need proof of you wearing anything. Seems to me that you'd only be cheating yourself of the real satisfaction of really managing to squeeze into a 14 if you came on here and lied about it months ahead of it. At least, that's how I'd feel.

At the end of the day, whether or not someone lies about something, makes no difference to me or anyone else, it would only be themselves they were deceiving.

This is the internet, take everything with a pinch of salt and you'll do well.
Chin up :)

Well put hun, and I completely agree with the putting yourself down, don't do it!

Ooohhh my goodness, what a busy weekend.....almost grapefruit gate all over again!!! Without wishing to drag it on, I have a dress in my wardrobe that I'm dying to wear and I do keep trying it on to see how I'm doing....I'm no were near it yet, the zip is doing up now .......but I can't sit down in it!! I am hoping by the time I go away in June it will look o.k....I think that's what she ment...and maybe we need to remember that we are here to offer support to each other, sometimes it is hard to point out something you disagree with with tact and diplomacy but I think we ought to try not to hurt each others feelings if we can.....much love to you all xxxx

Thanks Ellen.. tbf I wasn't directing the I'm offended comment to you, it was to the previous post but I quoted the wrong post on my phone - me and technology, not a good combo ! :)

I rarely play the violin or go over the bad bits of my bod but felt I had to justify that I'm not a time waster playing games on a forum. Nor do I need a reality check, reality hits me daily. I shouldn't of posted in regards to the dresses, lesson learnt fingers burnt and all that as I say to my lad! I just was delighted to get it on, reading it back it was a boast and I put it at the wrong place I just can't text my friends I managed to get it on as theyre all so diddy a 12 to them is enormous!

Anyway.. I'm not here to b**** or put anyone down, I just come on here to see how you're all getting on and gain support and hopefully give some too...

________

Line drawn! :) I will take the photos tho as soon as I can.

And thanks for your lovely comment Ellen, yummy mummy I wish! Fake tan + magic pants = my best friends! Hehe x x

Oooh Oooh, I am so excited, a friend I've made at group who is about 3st lighter than me has just donated some clothes to me (we are practically the same height). Her sister gave her a load of stuff in her new size 18 with some 16's... it's like one big chain of giving, they are mainly trousers in 20's with a couple of 18 tops. I managed to 'squeeze' into all the 20's but only 3 sets actually fir perfectly... So I'm nearly there, I'd say say another few pounds and I can official say I'm a 20. Woohoo!

Back