>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Woohooo!! So how much water should we drink??

I've already cracked on with superfree!! Had raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries with yoghurt for brekkie! The water will be a massive challenge for me.

Ahhh so pleased I went for a run yesterday instead of leaving it until today! It's soooo wet and miserable. Anyone upto much today? I ended up being called into work last night and I'm working the next 4 nights. Boo!

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow though and supposed to be meeting friends in the evening which will be nice. We ll see! :)

Morning PR.. We're thinking of come up to your ends in this coming week.. What's the weather like today? I want to go to somewhere scenic. Even if it's for a few days..

Fatbegone- what do you do for a living? It's 2 litres of water a day.

Yeah let's start with basics.. I want to another challenge of mixing up the HEX's so we try something new.. We'll do that next week!

Ladies and gentleman :wavey:

I'm back :)

I will update and respond to all of your lovely PM's tomorrow hopefully.

My feelings have been hurt big time by a couple of people that used to come on this thread, but they're no longer here now. I've been distant but I'm here now. What goes around comes around :)

Anyway- I'm back from a lovely week from my mums and have any week with my beautiful husband.

We're going to kick start this thread and wanted to start with not one but two challenges!

So ladies and gent- get your thinking caps on and lets get some weight lost. Im going to start the challenge from monday so your suggestions are welcomed :) No more social events for me now for a while so you need to help me shift some weight.

Rozie x

Yay!!! Lovely to have you back:) That's a shame to hear Roziee,after all we are all here for the same reason to help,encourage,support and motivate each other through good times and bad. I'm up for the challenges,sounds great to me.Will pm you my loss up to date xx

Thanks Kenco :)

Stepped on the scales after a week at mums :eek: oops is all I can say lol oh well. Had a lovely time eating all those pastries and apple pies! Lol

Hi all,

Good to see people coming back to this thread, well done Rozie for reviving it a bit :) So many things to reply to, I'm not even going to try to catch up.

Like the idea of challenges again, for me I'd like to do something exercise related in the coming weeks. I normally start every 'diet' with loads of training as well as controlling my food but this time I thought I would try to get used to the food and get more healthy before I started on the exercise but the time has come I think! :8855:I've been drinking water since we did the original challenge, I have at least 2 litres every day. I have one cup of normal tea in the morning and about 3-4 cups of green tea duirng the day. I've amost completely cut out diet coke, juice etc and I really believe it's helped with food cravings/binging. You have to persevere tho, it took a while for it to become habit. Superfree luckily for me is never a problem, I love veggies :D Love the 'streak' challenge idea. Up until the last couple of weekends I was doing 6 days on and 1 off which was working really well but the last 2 weekends I've been more 4 days on 3 days off!!

On that note, I'm planning a really good week as from today. I got totally ambushed by 2 for 1 cocktails on Friday night! Went out for a meal with the girls, the food was fine but we really overdid it on the booze with resulted in one of the those 'can't be arsed' days yesterday! I had to go to Leicester to pick my daughter up and we somehow ended up in Pizza hut.:break_diet:I was just thinking how 'Salad Bar' sounds healthy but was definitely not. Mmmm bacon bits :D

Anyways, that was the first time I've gone really out of control since Jan and to be really honest the Pizza Hut lunch wasn't as nice as I was expecting. I felt awful all day yesterday, I definitely paid the price. It was a great night tho and I'm back on track today so I hope there won't be too much damage.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday despite the miserable weather xx

That's okay Roziee you have been away.Whatever the scales say they will move again.It will be off again chick.

5lbs off for me this week:D very pleased with that.Have got a joint of beef in the slow cooker cooking away having a roast dinner tonight yummy!!!! I'm generally good with my fluids i've always got my water bottle beside me lol although at times it would be good to have a portable loo in the car lol :eek: The challenges sound great to me.Have a great sunday x

I've got beef in my slow cooker too.

Well, today marks 6 months since I started my journey. 2lbs off for me today which means I have lost a total of four stone and four pounds, which I am very pleased with. I am very nearly half way to my final target and well on track for my '6 stones in 12 months target' too.

It is horribly wet and windy here today and my girls and I are having a girly day in as my hubby and son have gone out for the day. Hope everyone has a good week.

Oh, and appears I have lost a whole 10 points off my BMI too :D

Yay!!! Lovely to have you back:) That's a shame to hear Roziee,after all we are all here for the same reason to help,encourage,support and motivate each other through good times and bad. I'm up for the challenges,sounds great to me.Will pm you my loss up to date xx

Huge congratulations on your double century, Kenco.

You inspired me in the early days to see it really was possible to suceed, thankyou x

Hi guys

*comes sneaking in with her tail between her legs*

I've been off plan, big time. I guess missing group for a week was not good for me. I seem to have gone mental altogether. I'm trying to give up smoking, which is leading me to wanting food all the time, but I've lost the will-power to reach for fruit instead of a cookie or two...smothered in nutella. :(

I'm undoing all my hard work and I just...can't....stop!

Rozie, I'm going to take you up on those challenges and try my damnedest to get back on plan... I don't want it all to have been for nothing.

Hi all,

Good to see people coming back to this thread, well done Rozie for reviving it a bit :) So many things to reply to, I'm not even going to try to catch up.

Like the idea of challenges again, for me I'd like to do something exercise related in the coming weeks. I normally start every 'diet' with loads of training as well as controlling my food but this time I thought I would try to get used to the food and get more healthy before I started on the exercise but the time has come I think! :8855:I've been drinking water since we did the original challenge, I have at least 2 litres every day. I have one cup of normal tea in the morning and about 3-4 cups of green tea duirng the day. I've amost completely cut out diet coke, juice etc and I really believe it's helped with food cravings/binging. You have to persevere tho, it took a while for it to become habit. Superfree luckily for me is never a problem, I love veggies :D Love the 'streak' challenge idea. Up until the last couple of weekends I was doing 6 days on and 1 off which was working really well but the last 2 weekends I've been more 4 days on 3 days off!!

On that note, I'm planning a really good week as from today. I got totally ambushed by 2 for 1 cocktails on Friday night! Went out for a meal with the girls, the food was fine but we really overdid it on the booze with resulted in one of the those 'can't be arsed' days yesterday! I had to go to Leicester to pick my daughter up and we somehow ended up in Pizza hut.:break_diet:I was just thinking how 'Salad Bar' sounds healthy but was definitely not. Mmmm bacon bits :D

Anyways, that was the first time I've gone really out of control since Jan and to be really honest the Pizza Hut lunch wasn't as nice as I was expecting. I felt awful all day yesterday, I definitely paid the price. It was a great night tho and I'm back on track today so I hope there won't be too much damage.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday despite the miserable weather xx

Hi Sarah.. Lets do an exercise challenge too.. what did you have in mind?

I know the feeling about the horrible feeling after eating badly.. i ate so much at mums that i have heartburn now. and i know when i start to get heartburn its baddddd. and i actually miss fruit and veg after a while. even though ive been faffing with the last 7 lbss for ages.. i still think about eating healthy alot now. before i would have continued to eat and eat and eat and not worry about the consequences.

im going to start my green tea drinking too. That helped ALOT so im going to start that from tomorrow to. I think i went over board with it last time though and used to force myself to drink loads. now im going to drink 2 litres of water/sugar free squash and then drink a cup of green tea in the morning and in the evening..

And im going to start having tinned grapefruit like lucia does- Lucia do you buy the normal sized tins and just have a whole or half a tin?

That's okay Roziee you have been away.Whatever the scales say they will move again.It will be off again chick.

5lbs off for me this week:D very pleased with that.Have got a joint of beef in the slow cooker cooking away having a roast dinner tonight yummy!!!! I'm generally good with my fluids i've always got my water bottle beside me lol although at times it would be good to have a portable loo in the car lol :eek: The challenges sound great to me.Have a great sunday x

thats fantastic, well done kenco.. :) you have done so well.. what are your best tips for us all?

I've got beef in my slow cooker too.

Well, today marks 6 months since I started my journey. 2lbs off for me today which means I have lost a total of four stone and four pounds, which I am very pleased with. I am very nearly half way to my final target and well on track for my '6 stones in 12 months target' too.

It is horribly wet and windy here today and my girls and I are having a girly day in as my hubby and son have gone out for the day. Hope everyone has a good week.

wow 4 stones in 6 months is amazing, well done danigrace.. whats your total loss? ill update it for you x

Oh, and appears I have lost a whole 10 points off my BMI too :D

wow :bliss: well done again x

Hi guys

*comes sneaking in with her tail between her legs*

I've been off plan, big time. I guess missing group for a week was not good for me. I seem to have gone mental altogether. I'm trying to give up smoking, which is leading me to wanting food all the time, but I've lost the will-power to reach for fruit instead of a cookie or two...smothered in nutella. :(

I'm undoing all my hard work and I just...can't....stop!

Rozie, I'm going to take you up on those challenges and try my damnedest to get back on plan... I don't want it all to have been for nothing.

Mandy lets do it, seriously lets seriously do it now! 2 litres of water a day, 7 super free a day.. and lets do an exercise challenge too.

How are you feeling after your surgery btw? i dont think ive asked before.

oh yes im up for an exercise challenge too! I aim for 3 40 minute walks at the moment but going to try and up it this week.

the weather is fab up here! no wind, no rain and not a cloud in the sky :)

Last edited:
PR very jealous! It's not very nice over here!

I'm going to aim for 30 mins walk everyday since I'm off for another week.. Whether its nice weather or not!

I'm actually feeling fine now, Rozie. It was like the period from hell all week, but the cramps are settling down now. I was very emotional all week. And giving up smoking is turning me into a mental case. I don't know how my family is putting up with me.

I am going to drink 2lt water/juice a day.
I am going to have at least 7 superfree a day.
I am going to get off my lazy arse and get back to walking/cycling.
I am going to get back on plan.
I am going to have an amazing week.

I am. And you are too.

I'm even going to join a gym (shock, horror) and get a proper fitness plan worked out by a professional. There. I'm committed.

xMandyDx said:
I'm actually feeling fine now, Rozie. It was like the period from hell all week, but the cramps are settling down now. I was very emotional all week. And giving up smoking is turning me into a mental case. I don't know how my family is putting up with me.

I am going to drink 2lt water/juice a day.
I am going to have at least 7 superfree a day.
I am going to get off my lazy arse and get back to walking/cycling.
I am going to get back on plan.
I am going to have an amazing week.

I am. And you are too.

I'm even going to join a gym (shock, horror) and get a proper fitness plan worked out by a professional. There. I'm committed.

:bliss: yes we will!

Quitting smoking naturally makes you reach for food so let's try to keep lots of SF snacks with you so you dont dip your fingers into the cookie jar! Make some syn free hummus so you can dip carrot sticks etc into them...lots of SF soup so you can fill ya belly too...

I've really got to try making some syn free hummus again. I started before but it would just sit in the fridge while I reached for the alpen bars! :/

I'm trying to get back in to blogging again - it helped me to distract myself before, and I'm now drawing again too, so I might even try to combine the two. That way I have something to do with my hands that doesn't involve hand to mouth :D That being said, I'm still smoking so I don't have to go through that particular pain right now (soon though. soon)

I'm actually very chuffed with myself tonight as I managed to have burgers without buns. I'm on a red day and I've already had both my hex b's, so it took a fair amount of willpower to watch hubby scoffing two burgers in buns whilst I sat with a huge mound of salad and plain burger patties. Was still nice though, and my ego has had a good boost from it, so it was worth it :3

Tomorrow: time to get back in to my swimming routine. Too much has been left by the wayside lately.

I'm Definately up for a challenge! I already drink at least 2trs a day do my challenges will be:
3 ltrs of water a day
7 superfree foods a day
Get my kettlebell out for 3 x 10min sessions

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good girls!

For me:

1) 2 litres of water
2) 2 cups of green tea
3) 7 SF a day
4) 30 mins walk a day

I thought of something else too- I see alot of you girlies with very very consistent losses- so I would love to eat what you do for a week meal for meal, snack for snack!

Kenco- you've lost 200+ lbs! I'd love to mirror what you ate for a week... Lucia, you're constantly havin good losses.. Again I'd love to mirror your food diary for a week..

This would mean keeping a food diary so think about it and tell me what you think.. It would mean that we might end up trying different things because we all have our favourites..

If anyone would like to do that we'll start from whenever someone is ready to give me a weeks worth of their food diary which has results in a 2+ lb loss :)

Rozie x

Rozie: how did green tea help you? I have some green tea with strawberry. Does it have to be pure green tea or can you have it with other flavors in?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi, well I'm re-joining class on thursday night, I'm gonna pay for a 12 week countdown and hopefully that will force me to go every week and actually stick more to it during the week.
Roziee sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time, I'm here if you need me.
I'm going to start tomorrow with water challenge, will try starting food tomorrow as well but don't get paid till tomorrow so it will have to be a hodge bodge of whatever I have in.

I will keep a food diary in my diary on here so hopefully the weeks where it's gone well I can repeat and the weeks where it's carp I can see why.

Looking forward to losing weight with you all again.

Back