>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Lucia Lucia said:
Roziee, thats looks pretty good. The only thing I would say, being very honest here, when I have an omlette, I would never have two slices toast as well but instead fruit and a very low ww yog or something. At the end of the day, calories is what is making us lose/gain and I do look at that side of it too in a generalistic way. Also portion control comes into play with the diet, I really believe that. I know they say fill your boots but I only do that with superfree, I would never lose if I had for example heaps and heaps of rice etc but thats an individual thing I think. If you focus your diet on fruit and veg and take it from there you cant go wrong and also I try and look at weightloss as a monthly thing and aim for half a stone a month.My losses are never consistant, I can lose 1lb on a week I deserve 4lbs and 4lbs on a week I deserve 1lb so I take each month and try and lose that 7lbs.Also I do go off the rails myself. I had exactly what I wanted on Fri eve, steak and all the trimmings and cremem brulee BUT was ultra good for the breakfast and lunch that day and woke up the following morning straight back on plan declined her birthday cake today. I used to be in a very greedy mindset but that has gone now and I do seem to balance things alot better. I tell myself, I am alone responsible for what goes in my mouth and what it does to my body. Good luck and lots of love xxxx

Good luck!

Ok I'll take on board the toast with omelette ad have 1 toast with the omelette and have some fruit and yogurt afterwards :) thanks lucia x

And will fill my plate with SF first then meat/potatoes..

Lucia Lucia said:
Also, I used to use alot of syns for extra milk for tea and coffee but then found, Alpro soya light you get 500mls on a he x as it's very very low in cals. It's really lovely and worth a try? It comes in 1litre cartons and that has to last 2 days and I love it, no measuring etc and very creamy!

Oh? Is it expensive? Im not much of a tea/coffee person and will only have milk in cereal.. I prefer cheese more than milk but will buy it to see how it tastes...

Thanks once again lucia xx

Roziee said:
Claire thats pants that you dont have anything to warm your food with. What facilities do you have?

We have a canteen that sells like porridge and things but I don't like buying it as I dont know how it's made lol whether with milk or water and how much I should n having either. Breakfasts at work are really my main problem other than snacking at night lol.

Claire x

When you've been big along time & your used to squeezing into sizes & things not fitting properly. Do you feel like you don't know how things are supposed to fit? I do. I'm wearing size 22 jeans at the mo and they are slipping down as I'm doing some chores but when I pull them up they feel like they fit just right, but then there slipping down again. Do your jeans have to be huge and really baggy to warrant going down a size. Are skinny jeans supposed to fit snug around the waist and thigh or is there supposed to be some give? My size 20 skinnys fit well, I think! They are form fitting in the waist and thighs then get looser as they go down (there not super skinnys)! I'm I entitled to wear them or should i wait until they get looser? It's the same with tops! I just don't know how things are supposed to fit! Anyone else like this?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jodidi wear the smaller ones and see how comfortable you feel in them. My theory is if you can pull them on and do then up without laying on your back or leaping around the room to get them up then they fit!@

Go show off your new skinnys! And well done you :):):):) what an achievement!

X

fatbgone said:
Jodidi wear the smaller ones and see how comfortable you feel in them. My theory is if you can pull them on and do then up without laying on your back or leaping around the room to get them up then they fit!@

X

good advise, thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok day 1 again lol here goes :)

Weighed myself this morning and I've put on over half a stone since last time :(

Claire x

Will be weighing in today & after my first 7 days!! Eek!

Well good morning guy and girls...

Much better today. I do still have diarrhea and my stomach is bubbling something terrible and cramping too... but at least I don't feel weak as a day old kitten, nor am I vomiting anymore so I'll take any improvement.
Going to try a cup of tea now. Hope I don't feel too bad afterward. All I managed yesterday was two thin slices of ice-cream off a block, and two slices of toast last night. I ended up going to bed at 8.40pm.

Terrible that the only thing that stops me scoffing is an illness haha

Morning peeps, Mandy hope you are soon feeling better. Claire, take heart and move forwards, you will be ok.

It's actually sunny here in East Anglia and have washing on the line!!! Cold and breezy but hey ho you cant have everything.

2 lovely boiled eggs for brekkie with 60g of wholemeal and a huuuuge bowl of strawbs and a a ww yog over the top will set me up for the day.

Have a lovely bank holiday today whatever you are doing x

Well I've just made a big pot of chicken and rice soup. Hopefully tastes as good as it smells. My last attempt at soup was a disaster lol.

Claire x

xClaire84x said:
We have a canteen that sells like porridge and things but I don't like buying it as I dont know how it's made lol whether with milk or water and how much I should n having either. Breakfasts at work are really my main problem other than snacking at night lol.

Claire x

Will the canteen be ok with you asking them to warm up food?

xClaire84x said:
Ok day 1 again lol here goes :)

Weighed myself this morning and I've put on over half a stone since last time :(

Claire x

Don't worry- you're back on the sw train so the 1/2 stone can be lost in a few weeks x

gabster15 said:
Will be weighing in today & after my first 7 days!! Eek!

Let us know how WI goes gaster x

xMandyDx said:
Well good morning guy and girls...

Much better today. I do still have diarrhea and my stomach is bubbling something terrible and cramping too... but at least I don't feel weak as a day old kitten, nor am I vomiting anymore so I'll take any improvement.
Going to try a cup of tea now. Hope I don't feel too bad afterward. All I managed yesterday was two thin slices of ice-cream off a block, and two slices of toast last night. I ended up going to bed at 8.40pm.

Terrible that the only thing that stops me scoffing is an illness haha

Hello darling- try some mint or peppermint tea.. That will settle your tummy hopefully xx

Lucia Lucia said:
Morning peeps, Mandy hope you are soon feeling better. Claire, take heart and move forwards, you will be ok.

It's actually sunny here in East Anglia and have washing on the line!!! Cold and breezy but hey ho you cant have everything.

2 lovely boiled eggs for brekkie with 60g of wholemeal and a huuuuge bowl of strawbs and a a ww yog over the top will set me up for the day.

Have a lovely bank holiday today whatever you are doing x

The birds were chirping at 10am here! Was lovely to hear..

xClaire84x said:
Well I've just made a big pot of chicken and rice soup. Hopefully tastes as good as it smells. My last attempt at soup was a disaster lol.

Claire x

I have the soup that ria posted a few days ago on the hob.. Can't wait to have some later x

hi all. well done on the loses and NSV, mandy this bug must be going round I've had something similar, although I just had the vomiting, so 2 days off plan where i didn't eat much, sorry to hear you're not well either claire hope you are both feeling better soon.

well back on today and going to post my food diary up soon.

roziee, the class i went to I have to say I'm disappointed, I've been to her before and previously she was very enthusiastic but this class was her second on the night and it seemed like she was more bothered about finishing quickly and getting home, at the talk for new starters at the beginning of class (bearing in mind I was in her class a year ago so know how to do it, i've just chosen not to, hence i'm bigger) she told me and the others that for the first four weeks we HAVE to do extra easy she wants a diary filled in to show her and we are only allowed 10 syns per day, when I said I thought you could have 15 she said 'Well I'm saying 10'

now i know that since the intro of extra easy they don't focus as much on green and red but i find for me extra easy is too much like my normal eating habits so i don't really lose weight and i thought SW was about choice so why should i do a full 4 weeks that i know doesn't work for me as well.
then comes the image therapy, go round the room talking about how everyone is doing celebrating when people have lost, then me and the two others who've joined are introduced then, right class that's it see you next week, no questions why we've joined what we hope to achieve etc just goodbye.

Maybe I'm expecting too much but I'd just paid for a 12 week countdown and i hoped it would have been more.

what's others experience of class like, has anyone been to a class where they felt really inspired when they walked out

well i know i can get plenty of support here but if the class doesn't improve I may have to look for another one

loonylamb said:
hi all. well done on the loses and NSV, mandy this bug must be going round I've had something similar, although I just had the vomiting, so 2 days off plan where i didn't eat much, sorry to hear you're not well either claire hope you are both feeling better soon.

well back on today and going to post my food diary up soon.

roziee, the class i went to I have to say I'm disappointed, I've been to her before and previously she was very enthusiastic but this class was her second on the night and it seemed like she was more bothered about finishing quickly and getting home, at the talk for new starters at the beginning of class (bearing in mind I was in her class a year ago so know how to do it, i've just chosen not to, hence i'm bigger) she told me and the others that for the first four weeks we HAVE to do extra easy she wants a diary filled in to show her and we are only allowed 10 syns per day, when I said I thought you could have 15 she said 'Well I'm saying 10'

now i know that since the intro of extra easy they don't focus as much on green and red but i find for me extra easy is too much like my normal eating habits so i don't really lose weight and i thought SW was about choice so why should i do a full 4 weeks that i know doesn't work for me as well.
then comes the image therapy, go round the room talking about how everyone is doing celebrating when people have lost, then me and the two others who've joined are introduced then, right class that's it see you next week, no questions why we've joined what we hope to achieve etc just goodbye.

Maybe I'm expecting too much but I'd just paid for a 12 week countdown and i hoped it would have been more.

what's others experience of class like, has anyone been to a class where they felt really inspired when they walked out

well i know i can get plenty of support here but if the class doesn't improve I may have to look for another one

Hello darlin,

Sorry to head that class was poop. I went in the beginning of the year and it was pants. I hated it. It was at 7pm so expected it to be good because I would be home at 8-830pm on that night but it was just rubbish. The C was nice enough, the people were nice enough but all we did was get weighed, C was read everyone's losses/gains.. Raffle, SOTW and that's it. There was no image therapy. And that's why I REALLY wanted to join. So I left after a while and will never go to a class unless someone in my area convinces me the C is amazing.

Having said that, people have has loads of good experiences- not me unfortunately!

I must be sooo lucky as ky consultant is amazing. From the raffle prizes to the emails mid week, the group on Facebook everything.. she's behind us 100%. But her group is gold so I guess everyone thinks she's amazing :) she goes round and gives us a chance to talk about our week and what we hope for next week. Shes great. :) maybe look elsewhere for a different group?

I was watching obese a year to save my life and omg it really hits home. A woman had young children and she said when you're fat your world revolves around food and I've thought non stop about that. Before I lost some weight my days out with my boy would be maccyd breakfast as a treat, cinema followed by a burger as a treat, us going to the park but id sit on a bench watch him for an hour and then go get some sweets.. etc etc. I'm so lucky my son isn't obsessed with food, he rarely asks for sweets or food full stop really. He's very energetic etc. Too energetic tbh. But now I can almost keep up with him, our days out don't revolve around food but by painting or running or parks or the beach. So that's another positive to loosing the weight.

Weigh in tomorrow.. hope the scales show the dedication this week.

I'm exhausted today tho, combination of working intense hours and my son up until midnight and up again at 6. Really need to sort his routine out.. its killing me. It can't be normal for a 5 yo to need such little sleep after so many activities..! Soo frustrating!

loonylamb said:
mmmmmmm just got the green tea with blueberry and raspberry which is very nice maybe i can get used to this.

I've got that too :) will NEVER get used to the taste of green tea! Lol but I've started to drink it again. Does help to detox and lose weight...

fatbgone said:
I must be sooo lucky as ky consultant is amazing. From the raffle prizes to the emails mid week, the group on Facebook everything.. she's behind us 100%. But her group is gold so I guess everyone thinks she's amazing :) she goes round and gives us a chance to talk about our week and what we hope for next week. Shes great. :) maybe look elsewhere for a different group?

I was watching obese a year to save my life and omg it really hits home. A woman had young children and she said when you're fat your world revolves around food and I've thought non stop about that. Before I lost some weight my days out with my boy would be maccyd breakfast as a treat, cinema followed by a burger as a treat, us going to the park but id sit on a bench watch him for an hour and then go get some sweets.. etc etc. I'm so lucky my son isn't obsessed with food, he rarely asks for sweets or food full stop really. He's very energetic etc. Too energetic tbh. But now I can almost keep up with him, our days out don't revolve around food but by painting or running or parks or the beach. So that's another positive to loosing the weight.

Weigh in tomorrow.. hope the scales show the dedication this week.

I'm exhausted today tho, combination of working intense hours and my son up until midnight and up again at 6. Really need to sort his routine out.. its killing me. It can't be normal for a 5 yo to need such little sleep after so many activities..! Soo frustrating!

Beth you are VERY lucky- cherish her! Lol it good :) and will keep you focused too in your weight loss journey.

Eek! Beth sort out his bed time! You will feel so mug better yourself if he does.

Check this out boy and girls... I've been cooking today :D

Chicken and veg soup
Chicken curry put in takeaway boxes to freeze away.
Lamb kebabs

Now I just have to make some bologne and then that should me be for the week :D

Attachments

• image-516203159.jpg
    image-516203159.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-125382810.jpg
    image-125382810.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image-3080904180.jpg
    image-3080904180.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image-1307173163.jpg
    image-1307173163.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 37
Ps- the kebabs aren't cooked in the above picture! Lol picture taken just before I put them in the oven :D

Roziee said:
Will the canteen be ok with you asking them to warm up food?

I don't think they would warm things because they sell stuff if that makes sense? Lol

Claire x

xClaire84x said:
I don't think they would warm things because they sell stuff if that makes sense? Lol

Claire x

That's true lol

Id take in cold soups, pasta salads, cold meats and salad, salmon is nice cold, sandwiches, ryvitas with cottage cheese and cold meats..

Roziee said:
That's true lol

Id take in cold soups, pasta salads, cold meats and salad, salmon is nice cold, sandwiches, ryvitas with cottage cheese and cold meats..

What does cottage cheese taste like? The look of it puts me off it.

I also want special k but can't find the sustain anywhere :( lol.

Claire x

Back