>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

-0.5lb off for me. If I'm honest I'm disappointed but I'm looking at it positively. It's coming off and that's what matters!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to buy some lemons today and start drinking ice-water with lemon... hope it's nice. Suppose I'll have to add a bit of sweetner to take the tang out of it.

I'm not sure whether the smash pizza refridgerates well or not.. it never lasts that long here haha
I always end up synning the cheese, as I usually use my milk on tea, but now that summer is here I won't really drink much tea.... so more room for pizza hah.

The dress is fab.. I'll take a snap of it on my way down town on Thursday morning. I too hate wearing black in summer. But colors just don't look right! Soon....soooooon....

STS. Not amused as have upped my exercise :character00115:, been 100% and ate so much super speed stuff not to mention having a good variety...I was like a walking slimming world advert this week!:superwoman: My consultant thinks because of upping my exercise and all the extra boobie feeding I've done with Miles being poorly that I probably haven't eaten enough. I'm not gonna get upset about it, I'm just going to kick ass this week and if it's not a good loss...well then I will deal with that issue then.

I guess I probably didn't help that I had a large cous cous based dinner for lunch, hadn't been able to poop all day :sign0131:(sorry for tmi) and Miles wouldn't fully empty me, so a STS isn't terrible...but wanted to get into the 16's:cry:. I will just have to have a bloody good loss next week. April and May have been slow months for me. Bring on June I say!

Sorry to hear that, Ellen. I know when I do lots of exercise I sometimes gain! Done quite a bit of walking this week, but not been too good food-wise with the BBQ and alcohol, and haven't been to the gym in about a week, plus I'm going to be weighing on a new scales this morning so I'm not holding out much hope for this week. I'll just try not to be too upset if it's a really bad result. I'm gonna be all over it this week! A further stone by my birthday is not out of the question.. I have until the middle of July to do it.
Just having a cuppa right now, and going to have a quick snack of apple before I go out shopping. Not a great breakfast but it's food shop day, and I'm lucky there's anything to get my metabolism going lol

I'm going to have an ommelette for lunch with salad, and might go for a roast chicken dinner. I'm eating to live from now on.
Have planned a walk this evening and hoping to do the gym Friday/Saturday.

"I'm eating to live from now on" fab quote/thought mandy!! Love it! Don't be too disheartened, even if the bbq hasn't affected your weight the new scales may be different. I know my scales at the gym I work in are 7lbs heavier weighing then my weigh in ones.. reckon they do it on purpose so you don't cancel ur membership! :)

Ellen I maintained when I increased my exercise initially, after 3 weeks it stopped affecting it. Do you measure your inches?? Keep checking as the inches fall when lbs might not.

Roziee how's Trev? I use the mushroom strogonoff recipe in my head! But the one in the magazine is supposed to be amazing!.; Have you got it? If not ill pop it up.. I don't have garlic or onion tho as I hate them! I just basically fry light the pan, gently cook the various mushrooms (I always add different veg too ie Courgettes and peppers) , add mixed spices and I add about 8-10 tbsp of passata. I then add my philly allowance for the day and stir it all in, add parsley, then I take it off the heat and add half a small tub of quark/or 0% whichever I have, then serve immediately with wholegrain rice. I usually add another dollop of quark/0% on top ! Yumm!

Was at a funeral yesterday, didn't eat anything naughty but didn't eat much at all. I spent all day rushing from a to b to c . But I did have a few wow look at you comments which were amazing.. just wish it hadn't been at a funeral. Sad day :( but anyway.. today is my nans birthday! I've had strawberries and alpen light for brekkie, we are out for lunch I think but I'm not sure what ill have.. I'm thinking I may go for steak jacket and salad? Or grilled chicken and salad? Not sure yet! Although I have my lad home from school today, little monkey sliced his foot so he's home hobbling around! So as he hates eating out we may stay at home with dvds so I could get some sleep! :)

Measured my waist and another inch off and a inch off from under my boobs and an inch from my hips too! Not done any exercise this week tho as I'm so tired. Working nights so in my head I'm thinking all the walking nd running up and down stairs should be doing something surely! :)

Sounds like you've had a busy couple of days!
I've absolutely no excuse now this week, since I just done the food shop and ignored alllllll the lovely food that was calling to me. I got the makings of soups, salads, loads of veggies and fruit and plenty of meat. Sorted.

The new scales puts me at 15.08 so, basically 15.1? I've put on 3lb in the past couple of weeks, which isn't so bad considering all the alcohol that was consumed lol

I just re-seeded the grass out back and watered it down, so hopefully all the patches from dog and foot traffic will grow back in soon. Must say it's absolutely gorgeous here today...not a cloud in the sky. Going to bring my little one over to my friend's house in a while so she can paddle in the pool with my friend's little girl. Apparently I'm already getting burned, so I'll have to put on some factor, and slather my girl in it too.

The dress was no longer on a mannequin in the window of the shop, rather it was buried behind other dresses so I didn't take a pic. But it's a maxi dress, as I said, and it's all white and pink with hints of other colors swirling through it, and it has a diamanté band just under the boobs. It really is fab. I have one stone to lose before I buy it, and I want it gone by 9th July, so I'm going to get cracking!

Right, I'm off now cos I'm absolutely starved. I'd eat a nun's arse through the convent gates lol

I didn't even bother with the ommelette in the end. Just had a massive plate of salad. 3 slices of ham, some beetroot, lettuce and salad leaves, spring onion and light salad cream. Stuffed!
The ham was taken out instead of the chicken, so it's boiled ham, with potatoes and veg for dinner.

I've absolutely no excuse now this week, since I just done the food shop and ignored alllllll the lovely food that was calling to me. I got the makings of soups, salads, loads of veggies and fruit and plenty of meat. Sorted.

The new scales puts me at 15.08 so, basically 15.1? I've put on 3lb in the past couple of weeks, which isn't so bad considering all the alcohol that was consumed lol

I just re-seeded the grass out back and watered it down, so hopefully all the patches from dog and foot traffic will grow back in soon. Must say it's absolutely gorgeous here today...not a cloud in the sky. Going to bring my little one over to my friend's house in a while so she can paddle in the pool with my friend's little girl. Apparently I'm already getting burned, so I'll have to put on some factor, and slather my girl in it too.

The dress was no longer on a mannequin in the window of the shop, rather it was buried behind other dresses so I didn't take a pic. But it's a maxi dress, as I said, and it's all white and pink with hints of other colors swirling through it, and it has a diamanté band just under the boobs. It really is fab. I have one stone to lose before I buy it, and I want it gone by 9th July, so I'm going to get cracking!

Right, I'm off now cos I'm absolutely starved. I'd eat a nun's arse through the convent gates lol

at least it's only 3lb mandy if you hadn't kept to plan the majority of the time then it could've been a bigger gain, I'd love to get a maxi dress but i don't feel comfortable in dresses as i prefer long skirts and tops.

maybe when i"m a little smaller i might think about getting one

Loony, a maxi dress is a long skirt! You can put a nice little cardigan over it...that's what I do. Although if I've had a drink or two the cardi usually comes off and is thrown in a heap in a corner somewhere lol

-0.5lb off for me. If I'm honest I'm disappointed but I'm looking at it positively. It's coming off and that's what matters!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats brilliant- a loss is a loss.. take it and run!!!! xx

I'm going to buy some lemons today and start drinking ice-water with lemon... hope it's nice. Suppose I'll have to add a bit of sweetner to take the tang out of it.

I'm not sure whether the smash pizza refridgerates well or not.. it never lasts that long here haha
I always end up synning the cheese, as I usually use my milk on tea, but now that summer is here I won't really drink much tea.... so more room for pizza hah.

The dress is fab.. I'll take a snap of it on my way down town on Thursday morning. I too hate wearing black in summer. But colors just don't look right! Soon....soooooon....

Its a shame you couldnt get a snap of the maxi when you were in town.. we'll just have to wait until you wear it and show your lovely face in it! :D

Im definitely going to try the smash pizza this weekend..

id hate to drink lemon in plain water- yuck lol i tried to put it in some NAS squash and it was horrible! just in diet coke and salad dressing for me thank you :D

STS. Not amused as have upped my exercise :character00115:, been 100% and ate so much super speed stuff not to mention having a good variety...I was like a walking slimming world advert this week!:superwoman: My consultant thinks because of upping my exercise and all the extra boobie feeding I've done with Miles being poorly that I probably haven't eaten enough. I'm not gonna get upset about it, I'm just going to kick ass this week and if it's not a good loss...well then I will deal with that issue then.

I guess I probably didn't help that I had a large cous cous based dinner for lunch, hadn't been able to poop all day :sign0131:(sorry for tmi) and Miles wouldn't fully empty me, so a STS isn't terrible...but wanted to get into the 16's:cry:. I will just have to have a bloody good loss next week. April and May have been slow months for me. Bring on June I say!

sorry to hear about your STS- could it have been water retention if you upped your exercise? Try drinking lots of pepper mint or green tea to get rid of any water retention you have.

I have started exercise this week and really hoping it doesnt slow my losses down- its at a stand still already! Lots of love to you ellen.. keep at it darling x

I'm eating to live from now on.

You know Mandy- I was thinking that EXACT thing and was going to post that today too- great minds think alike eh?! ;) We all LIVE TO EAT.. when really, we're designed to EAT TO LIVE. Food takes 99.9% of my brain and I was thinking.. It doesn't matter if I dont like what i eat ALL the time.. Sometimes we have to eat something that will just fill our stomach up so we can live. I dont need food that takes forever and a day to make.. and it doesnt matter if i experiment with a recipe and it turns out rubbish- just eat it and get on with it. If we all ate to live we would be slim jims..

"I'm eating to live from now on" fab quote/thought mandy!! Love it! Don't be too disheartened, even if the bbq hasn't affected your weight the new scales may be different. I know my scales at the gym I work in are 7lbs heavier weighing then my weigh in ones.. reckon they do it on purpose so you don't cancel ur membership! :)

Ellen I maintained when I increased my exercise initially, after 3 weeks it stopped affecting it. Do you measure your inches?? Keep checking as the inches fall when lbs might not.

Roziee how's Trev? I use the mushroom strogonoff recipe in my head! But the one in the magazine is supposed to be amazing!.; Have you got it? If not ill pop it up.. I don't have garlic or onion tho as I hate them! I just basically fry light the pan, gently cook the various mushrooms (I always add different veg too ie Courgettes and peppers) , add mixed spices and I add about 8-10 tbsp of passata. I then add my philly allowance for the day and stir it all in, add parsley, then I take it off the heat and add half a small tub of quark/or 0% whichever I have, then serve immediately with wholegrain rice. I usually add another dollop of quark/0% on top ! Yumm!

Was at a funeral yesterday, didn't eat anything naughty but didn't eat much at all. I spent all day rushing from a to b to c . But I did have a few wow look at you comments which were amazing.. just wish it hadn't been at a funeral. Sad day :( but anyway.. today is my nans birthday! I've had strawberries and alpen light for brekkie, we are out for lunch I think but I'm not sure what ill have.. I'm thinking I may go for steak jacket and salad? Or grilled chicken and salad? Not sure yet! Although I have my lad home from school today, little monkey sliced his foot so he's home hobbling around! So as he hates eating out we may stay at home with dvds so I could get some sleep! :)

Measured my waist and another inch off and a inch off from under my boobs and an inch from my hips too! Not done any exercise this week tho as I'm so tired. Working nights so in my head I'm thinking all the walking nd running up and down stairs should be doing something surely! :)

If its on the sw website ill get love, dont worry- thank you for offering though.. sounds delicious. Think im going to try me some of that for next weeks lunches..

ooo i just went to the sw website and i cant find it so would you please post it up for me if its not too much trouble?

Trevor is great! I did another 30 minutes today :) so done him twice this week.. hopefully ill do tomorrow saturday and sunday :)

Sorry to hear about the funeral. :( who passed away?

I didn't even bother with the ommelette in the end. Just had a massive plate of salad. 3 slices of ham, some beetroot, lettuce and salad leaves, spring onion and light salad cream. Stuffed!
The ham was taken out instead of the chicken, so it's boiled ham, with potatoes and veg for dinner.

So you're 3 lbs heavier than the groups weighing scales? thats brilliant considering its a different scale! next week you'll have lost at least 3 lbs i know it!!!!! xxxxx

I know it too, Rozie! I had a cuppa and an apple to fill the gap until I did the food shop, and then I had a salad, and boiled ham, mash, and veggies for dinner, with a bowl of noodles and my bread later on when I got peckish. So far so good. Been roasting hot here today too, so there was plenty of fluid intake.
Tomorrow I'm planning on having some fruit and toast for breakfast, salad again for lunch and minced beef hash for dinner, with a snack of a KitKat and low fat crisps later on.
The plan may vary slightly, but not too much.

I bought some lemons in the shopping today and am going to give the lemon water a try tomorrow. If I don't like it, surely I can do as you guys are doing and use it in salads and coke. But I don't like honey, so I'll have to just drizzle a bit over the salad on its own.

I'm totally motivated for that stone by July. Bring it!
Going to go for a cycle tomorrow with the baby or hit the gym...or maybe both.. haven't decided yet!

Roziee a dear friend of the familys sister cut her life short :'( very sad.. she was very going. She's left a legacy though with her boys.very sad. I'll type up.recipe this weekend! I'll try to do it tonight :)

Mandy your doing fabulously well!! I loveee the lemon on salad, its gorgeous. Although yesterday I went out for lunch and estimating 25 syns... I did go for lemon meringue pudding though so I tried with the lemons!!

I'm buying some more lemons today and also aubergine. In the slimming world summer recipes book I bought in group there's these lovely aubergine rolls. I'm going to give them a go! Never had aubergine before but they look like gooey bites.. ill let you know how I get on.

With the sunshine I only ever fancy salads and fruits. I'm worried my meal yesterday will cost me a loss Monday but ill keep going. I had crumbed chicken but removed the batter / crumbs at the table, chips (lovely too lol!) And I ordered a huge dressing free side salad with it and it came with a diddy pot of lime and mango Mayo. I'm estimating about 15 syns as I gave 1/3 chips to my son and then pudding was lemon posset topped with meringue and vanilla ice cream and whipped cream and lemon slices.. hehe. Maybe 10 syns is being a bit optimistic lol it was lovely though and I had no other syns all day. Had syn free smash pizza For tea.

The sunshine motivates me, I'm sooo hot however I managed to work etc 4 stone heavier in this heat with no air con at work ill never no!

So sorry to hear that sad news, hun. I hope her boys can learn to laugh again :(
You done very well with the meal out. I reckon I would have just said sod it and scoffed it all haha

This morning I slept in so had a banana and a pint of water with a whole lemon squeezed in, and then dropped the two halves in as well lol... just had a massive sandwich. Wholemeal bread with no butter, two slices of ham and a big pile of homemade coleslaw using the extra light mayo (2 syns for 2 tablespoons). There was an entire onion, a carrot and a bit of white cabbage in it... stuffed!

Minced beef hash for dinner...actually can't wait, it's gorgeous!

Aww I hope so mandy..

You're coleslaw sounds lovely!!! Never knew you could use so much extra light mayo for few syns. Fab!!

I have had sooo much superfree, very Proud of myself lol.

Had big salad for lunch and now for dinner I've had a massive salad with aubergine wraps. I grilled the aubergine and spread quark on them, then a smidge of tomato purse and chunks of mango. Made 4 and rolled them up... Yummmmm!! And popped them ontop of the salad which I made with lettuce, red cabbage, Beetroot, mango chunks, tomatoes, cucumber and carrots. Squeezed lemon juice over , 2 syns for light salad cream and my cheese allowance over the top. Delicious!!

Had 5 syns today so far too.. yay. So going to have a vanilla yoghurt with choc option in it 2 syns and 2 meringhes and strawberries! Yummmmm!

This weather really motivates me. I so want to be able to wear a knee length summer dress in the holidays. Another stone or so I reckon i might be able too :)

Brinkleydaizy said:
lost my first stone today. 1 down 5 to go. any tips for sticking too it? x

Well done! :)

Focus on 7lb mini goals.

I've done sw about 5 times previously and I have loads to loose and I've only ever got as far as 1 and half stone off. This time I was determined to do it and I'm 4 stone lighter, it does work. It's just finding that motivation in you. Look at size smaller clothes, see if your fitness has improved (able to walk further without getting put of puff / even running?) .. little thing will keep you motivated. And we are all here to boost you along the way!

Also, try new recipes!! The same food gets boring and repetative. Be willing to try new things :):) plans working well for you, I know in know time you'll be getting your next award! :)

Right.. I'm off to buy some marshmalllows for the bbq (1 syn each) , more salad, a mango, more lemons and some limes and a skipping rope!

xMandyDx said:
I know it too, Rozie! I had a cuppa and an apple to fill the gap until I did the food shop, and then I had a salad, and boiled ham, mash, and veggies for dinner, with a bowl of noodles and my bread later on when I got peckish. So far so good. Been roasting hot here today too, so there was plenty of fluid intake.
Tomorrow I'm planning on having some fruit and toast for breakfast, salad again for lunch and minced beef hash for dinner, with a snack of a KitKat and low fat crisps later on.
The plan may vary slightly, but not too much.

I bought some lemons in the shopping today and am going to give the lemon water a try tomorrow. If I don't like it, surely I can do as you guys are doing and use it in salads and coke. But I don't like honey, so I'll have to just drizzle a bit over the salad on its own.

I'm totally motivated for that stone by July. Bring it!
Going to go for a cycle tomorrow with the baby or hit the gym...or maybe both.. haven't decided yet!

Hello darling

Did you like the taste of lemons in water?

fatbgone said:
Roziee a dear friend of the familys sister cut her life short :'( very sad.. she was very going. She's left a legacy though with her boys.very sad. I'll type up.recipe this weekend! I'll try to do it tonight :)

Mandy your doing fabulously well!! I loveee the lemon on salad, its gorgeous. Although yesterday I went out for lunch and estimating 25 syns... I did go for lemon meringue pudding though so I tried with the lemons!!

I'm buying some more lemons today and also aubergine. In the slimming world summer recipes book I bought in group there's these lovely aubergine rolls. I'm going to give them a go! Never had aubergine before but they look like gooey bites.. ill let you know how I get on.

With the sunshine I only ever fancy salads and fruits. I'm worried my meal yesterday will cost me a loss Monday but ill keep going. I had crumbed chicken but removed the batter / crumbs at the table, chips (lovely too lol!) And I ordered a huge dressing free side salad with it and it came with a diddy pot of lime and mango Mayo. I'm estimating about 15 syns as I gave 1/3 chips to my son and then pudding was lemon posset topped with meringue and vanilla ice cream and whipped cream and lemon slices.. hehe. Maybe 10 syns is being a bit optimistic lol it was lovely though and I had no other syns all day. Had syn free smash pizza For tea.

The sunshine motivates me, I'm sooo hot however I managed to work etc 4 stone heavier in this heat with no air con at work ill never no!

I'm so sorry to hear that Beth :(

I'm not going to have time to make the smash pizza today but hopefully I'll make it tomorrow...

xMandyDx said:
So sorry to hear that sad news, hun. I hope her boys can learn to laugh again :(
You done very well with the meal out. I reckon I would have just said sod it and scoffed it all haha

This morning I slept in so had a banana and a pint of water with a whole lemon squeezed in, and then dropped the two halves in as well lol... just had a massive sandwich. Wholemeal bread with no butter, two slices of ham and a big pile of homemade coleslaw using the extra light mayo (2 syns for 2 tablespoons). There was an entire onion, a carrot and a bit of white cabbage in it... stuffed!

Minced beef hash for dinner...actually can't wait, it's gorgeous!

Minced beef hash? Never seen it - will look up the recipe...

[

Brinkleydaizy said:
lost my first stone today. 1 down 5 to go. any tips for sticking too it? x

Hello :wavey: well done on your loss!

These girls will give you the best tips, because I've been rubbish lately :p

Guys- I've been on checking my weight every morning for the last 3 days.. I know is bad but hubby is on some hardcore training programme and he's obsessed... And every morning the scales have been moving in the right direction. I really really hope that they stay what they were this morning.. More would be lovely.. It will be such a big loss for me.. Ahh I can't wait for Monday now haha

Fatbegone, you could wear a knee-length skirt now. In fact I think I remember seeing a pic of you in a knee-length pencil skirt and it was fab. Today I'm going around in 3/4 length bottoms with a tee shirt. Had a cycle to the shops earlier, and really delighted that I wasn't huffing and puffing like I was before Xmas.

We're going to have another BBQ today and a few drinkies but I'm going to stay within my syns allowance, or maybe allow myself 7 extra for a glass of wine later. But no more! I really want that lovely loss on Thursday!

Been kind of rubbish myself lately, Rozie lol but we'll get there in the end. It's a journey and sometimes you take shortcuts and sometimes you take the scenic route. Sod it! As long as it's coming off over time. We're not going anywhere and are in no rush. I'd much rather be sitting here in two years' time saying I've gotten to target, than say, oh it was taking too long so I gave up and now I'm bigger than ever.

Do look up the minced beef hash.. it's like a chilli con carne without the rice, and with added potato and carrot...mmmmm. If you can't find the recipe I'll type it up here for ya!

And... I don't mind the taste of lemons in water. I actually do enjoy sucking on a slice of lemon sometimes lol

I know I'm weird ;)

Aww thanks mandy.. I just think without heels my cankles show! I'll have to go for it.. its too hot not too! :)

I think this is a journey that has no ending.. no matter what ill always have to follow slimming world so im going to enjoy myself sometimes. I think we re spongy fab :) its almost half way through the year and we re still going/trying! That's an achievement in itself. I could easily be 22/23 stone plus by now as I can put it on so easily. So the fact I'm 3.5lb from the 16s is amaze balls!! And this thread defo motivates me :)

My chicken tikka salad with mixed leaves, carrots, dressing, tomatoe puree dollops lol and mango... Delicious!!
IMAG2468.jpg

Done lots of body magic out in the garden today.. a bit burnt and arms are aching but looking forward to Monday. Not as confident in a loss as you tho roziee! Well deserved your side tho, can't wait to hear how you get on Monday. Is it morning weigh in for you too? Xx

Back