>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Thanks for that Rozie... it all sounds yummy. I'll try that the week after my birthday!

Jayde, it doesn't really matter if you don't get 6st off but as long as those scales aren't going up, it's all good!

I have to admit- I can be hungry in the evenings because of the lack of carbs in the evening but it's ok now. And I've been very good. I have my friends wedding next week so I need to be very good. It's Sunday evening as well and I weigh in Monday morning!!!! Oh well- I can't miss her wedding.

I've been wanting to have cottage cheese for ages- proper cottage cheese, not the no fat one... and i thought.. "I wonder how many syns there are in the full fat one".. After reading your facebook Mandy about using normal mayo for your coleslaw i finally looked up the syns and im so happy!! LOL

Be Good to Yourself Cottage Cheese with Onion & Chive, 100g Free Free Free
Be Good to Yourself Cottage Cheese with Pineapple, 100g ½ ½ ½
Be Good to Yourself Natural Cottage Cheese, 100g Free Free Free
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple, 100g 2 2 2
Natural Cottage Cheese, 100g

1 syn per 100g for the sainsbury's own brand cottage cheese is bloooooooooooooooooooooooming marvelllous!!!! no more no fat yucky cottage cheese now! im going to make an sw quiche with this cottage cheese and im positive its going to be so much better. jacket potatoes are going to be so much more nicer! i am very happy.

please tell me im wrong.. i feel its too good to be true haha

Woohoo... always great when you find something is not as high in syns as you would have thought. It usually works out the other way around for me haha like with the koka noodles. When I first started SW I thought "dried noodles - free" meant all dried noodles.. and since curry powder was free as well, I thought the koka curry noodles were free. I was having a pack every night! 8 syns!!

Yeah I was eating them too Mandy... Thinking exactly the same as you! Gonna make a sw quiche with chicken and veg.. Just a diddy one so if it's still not nice it wont have gone to waste haha

Well I just had dinner... 1 garlic and parsley roast potato, 1 pork chop seasoned and sprinkled with basil, some swede, salad leaves and coleslaw. Wasn't able to eat the whole thing, I'm so full.
Hopefully stay full for the night now. I haven't had any other syns apart from the mayo which was 4.
If I get hungry later on, I still have my HEB, so I can have some beans on dry toast.

Well done Mandy for keeping it up :)

I had a massive bowl of cereal that I feel I shouldn't have had. I don't feel comfortable eating in the evening now. Amazing what 5 days does to your habits..

Good Morning everyone, and a very sunny one it is here too. I have finally managed to get back on here and catch up. Why do schools do so much in the last few weeks of term? The kids are so busy at the moment, which means I am too, as I am running them around everywhere and keep having to go and see them. This week we have sports day, prize giving, year 6 leavers picnic, a flute exam and trumpet exam, dance show rehearsals and piano and accordion lessons. Phew! I can't wait for them to finish school :) On top of all that I work every day (when I can fit it in!!!)

Anyway, all my running around last week which was similar to the above (!) made me lose 4lbs last week, although I wasn't too well for a couple of days and didn't eat much, so that probably helped. I will have to work hard to keep it off this week. With 5 weigh ins this month, first one today, my half stone challenge is definitely achievable.

So I am still very focused in this challenge, but see it as half a stone a month to lose and not six stone in a year, which just sounds scary! I can't believe I have lost 48lbs so far this year. I am really pleased :). So many people have commented on my loss so far. I love it! My sister-in-law asked me if I was fed-up yet of people telling me how much I had lost. As if!! (Obviously she has never been over-weight :))

Good luck to everyone for a good week.

Morning Dani, it's lovely to see you back! Well done on the loss this week, that's fab! Surprisingly my own scales are showing a loss, despite being out for drinks Friday night. But then again, I've been using minimum syns since Thursday to make up for these nights out.
Guys, I really don't want to go out tonight. For one thing, I have my diet to consider, and not to sound like a wet blanket, but I'm struggling with the minimum syns. For another thing, I have not got a lot of money to last me until Tuesday... but it's my mother's birthday today... how can I refuse to go out for drinks with her on her birthday?

Anyway, I'm gonna get off my lazy arse and get cleaning. Not a thing was done in the house yesterday after drinks the night before, so I need to get cracking. Think I might have a SW friendly BBQ for my own birthday if we get the weather, rather than drinks in the pub. Not sure yet... but I need to sort the garden out too. Grass needs cutting, flower beds need weeding, new flowers need planting, and my two year old has toys everywhere lol

Breakfast plans are poached eggs on toast... lunch is going to be a stir-fry, I think, and dinner is ham, one roast potato, and lots of veggies.
I'll be using my daily allotted syns for the spread on the toast. 4 syns.

I just need to stick with this until after all these celebrations... at least that way I won't have a gain, even if I don't have a loss. *fingers crossed*

Danigrace said:
Good Morning everyone, and a very sunny one it is here too. I have finally managed to get back on here and catch up. Why do schools do so much in the last few weeks of term? The kids are so busy at the moment, which means I am too, as I am running them around everywhere and keep having to go and see them. This week we have sports day, prize giving, year 6 leavers picnic, a flute exam and trumpet exam, dance show rehearsals and piano and accordion lessons. Phew! I can't wait for them to finish school :) On top of all that I work every day (when I can fit it in!!!)

Anyway, all my running around last week which was similar to the above (!) made me lose 4lbs last week, although I wasn't too well for a couple of days and didn't eat much, so that probably helped. I will have to work hard to keep it off this week. With 5 weigh ins this month, first one today, my half stone challenge is definitely achievable.

So I am still very focused in this challenge, but see it as half a stone a month to lose and not six stone in a year, which just sounds scary! I can't believe I have lost 48lbs so far this year. I am really pleased :). So many people have commented on my loss so far. I love it! My sister-in-law asked me if I was fed-up yet of people telling me how much I had lost. As if!! (Obviously she has never been over-weight :))

Good luck to everyone for a good week.

Hi Dani :)

4lb loss is brilliant. Well done!

And 48lbs this year is like... Wow!

xMandyDx said:
Morning Dani, it's lovely to see you back! Well done on the loss this week, that's fab! Surprisingly my own scales are showing a loss, despite being out for drinks Friday night. But then again, I've been using minimum syns since Thursday to make up for these nights out.
Guys, I really don't want to go out tonight. For one thing, I have my diet to consider, and not to sound like a wet blanket, but I'm struggling with the minimum syns. For another thing, I have not got a lot of money to last me until Tuesday... but it's my mother's birthday today... how can I refuse to go out for drinks with her on her birthday?

Anyway, I'm gonna get off my lazy arse and get cleaning. Not a thing was done in the house yesterday after drinks the night before, so I need to get cracking. Think I might have a SW friendly BBQ for my own birthday if we get the weather, rather than drinks in the pub. Not sure yet... but I need to sort the garden out too. Grass needs cutting, flower beds need weeding, new flowers need planting, and my two year old has toys everywhere lol

Breakfast plans are poached eggs on toast... lunch is going to be a stir-fry, I think, and dinner is ham, one roast potato, and lots of veggies.
I'll be using my daily allotted syns for the spread on the toast. 4 syns.

I just need to stick with this until after all these celebrations... at least that way I won't have a gain, even if I don't have a loss. *fingers crossed*

Mandy why not go and have soft drinks? Or is mum expecting you to go the whole nine yards tonight?

Try to get in as much exercise as you can until WI..when is it again?

I'm a size 26 in Evans trousers now :) have been 28 for ages but bought a pair yesterday and they're dropping off- yay me. Going to go back today to exchange them for a smaller size.. That's exciting hehe haven't been a smaller size in ages...

I might switch to soft drinks actually later on in the night... surely it won't be noticed, if I say it's vodka and diet coke? heh heh

Done loads of gardening this morning and cleaned the house too, so that's lots of body magic. Going to bring my beast (dog) over to the fields now to give her a good brushing. She's looking like a shaggy cousin It. haha.

Well done on the new size! Yay! Exciting times! Been thinking I might try a 16 in track bottoms soon. They're stretchy, and the 18s I have are gone quite loose.

Hi dani well done on your amazing loss so far!

Well team hope the weekend is being hood to you. Mandy just do your best tonight hun.

I'm just having the most amazing salad of baby leaves, pea shoots, alfala sprouts, houmous 2xb, 3x baby bel light 1a, beetroot, sunblush tomatoes and pasta. It's soooo lush.

I'm.enjoying trying to spend syns on.nice healthy things rather than junk :)

ForumRunner_20120701_174240.jpg

I'm a size 26 in Evans trousers now :) have been 28 for ages but bought a pair yesterday and they're dropping off- yay me. Going to go back today to exchange them for a smaller size.. That's exciting hehe haven't been a smaller size in ages...

Better get used to smaller sizes :D Well done.

I might switch to soft drinks actually later on in the night... surely it won't be noticed, if I say it's vodka and diet coke? heh heh

Done loads of gardening this morning and cleaned the house too, so that's lots of body magic. Going to bring my beast (dog) over to the fields now to give her a good brushing. She's looking like a shaggy cousin It. haha.

Well done on the new size! Yay! Exciting times! Been thinking I might try a 16 in track bottoms soon. They're stretchy, and the 18s I have are gone quite loose.

What about alternating between soft drinks and then a spirit with a soft drink mixer? As for the 16s, go for it :D

Hi dani well done on your amazing loss so far!

Hi and thank you :D

Anyone here use myfitnesspal? I've been tracking this week since my weigh in and I've calculated that so far this week (with two days left and not counting any incidental exercise/movement) I should have lost 3.5lbs from my amount of calories. Anyone else calculated this and examined it against their actual lost for the week and seen any correlation?

Jayde your salad looks so yum!

Faith- I haven't although it would be interesting to see what the results would be. I hate calorie counting tho.. Have to weigh everything etc. don't have the time to lol

Guys I've lost 5 lbs this week. The gain last week must have been the extended period I had.

Going to continue my new way of eating this week.. This week will be a true representative of how this new way of eating affects to my weight loss.

Well I had four drinks last night, which isn't so bad. Had a sing-song in the karaoke and even though I was craving something greasy, I came home and had one slice of bread with some of the ham I'd cooked earlier.
Relieved that I don't have to go out anymore this week lol

Well bloody done, Rozie! 5lb is amazing! I bet you're glad you didn't give up now! So proud of you.

Well done Mandy. U were extra good! Did u have a nice time?

Yeah glad I've nearly got rid of the period bloat. I was 2 lighter lighter yesterday than this morning but I weighed in a few hours earlier than normal because I'm doing some over time at work so came in early. Still happy with 5 lbs. hoping I can get rid of the 2 lbs left of my period weight gain and then go down from there...

Hi everyone

2lbs off for me this week. i've finally got my 10% shiny; can't put it on yet as i don't have enough room.

My sons birthday is coming up and he wants a chinese. Any suggestions?

Good luck to everyone

You could try making your own chinese food Carol. Or just go for low syn options like chicken in black bean sauce - 5 syns.

I didn't have a great time, Rozie as I spent all night counting the syns I was having and despairing over being min-syns for the rest of the week lol
Come Thursday though I'll be back using daily syns, and I'm just not going to worry about my birthday. Whatever happens, happens... it's my birthday, afterall!

Back