ProPoints "The Bell is a Signal for Me...": Diary of a trainee teacher

Fantastic a great day all round! We are on our way down down and down. I have noticed that I must have lost inches as my OH told me my go to skirt is hanging off.

Not entirely true but made me feel great. Nando's very jealous, we're both in college tomorrow night so its a late dinner or cinema if we're lucky.

Looks like using your weeklies paid off maybe alternate weeks using and not using them!?

Definitely a great day :) I think I feel less scared about using the weeklies now... i think I will try and have them again this week, but maybe only half of them (around 20pp extra) and see how that affects it. TOTM soon though so that won't help!!

Am definitely excited for my Nandos lol I don't even think OH wants to go there that much but I don't know anywhere else that is better to eat! lol! xx

Sunday 12th February

Breakfast

Lunch
warburtons thins - 3pp
asda ready to eat chicken tikka 40g - 1pp
kerry low low cheese spread - 2pp

Dinner
STUFFED PEPPERS:
Mince, 125g - 6pp

Snacks
WW double choc brownie - 4pp
WW jaffa mini roll - 2pp
velvet crunch crisps - 2pp

Daily PP used: 20
Weekly PP used:0
Total PP used: 26

Oh no, from the nerves of WI, I didn't eat anything past 2pm! So had 6pp left over of my dailies! Thats alright, it's only one day. Eek Nando's tonight - reeeeally hope we can get in there on V-Day!!

Also have £9 so far... by the time I get to my lowest weight (9st 7) I will have £25 to spend towards a gorgeous new dress to show off my svelte new figure :) xx

Tuesday 14th February

Happy Valentines Day :)

Breakfast
bran flakes - 3pp
milk - 1pp (think my milk was off... bleugh!)

Lunch
crisps - 2pp
ww bread x1 - 1pp
flora light - 1pp

Dinner
NANDOSSSSS MMMMM!!!!
ratatouille - 4pp
chicken burger - 10pp
bottomless frozen yogurt x2 - 3pp
Nando's Lemon & Herb Peri Peri Sauce - 1pp --- couldn't find pp for this one and didn't use much... but thought i'd pp it anyway!

Snacks
vodka diet coke - 2pp
cola bottles - 1pp -- had less than 10 but didn't know how many pp this was but 10g = 1pp. How many cola bottles are 10g???
ww choc and raisin cookie - 2pp

Daily PP used: 26
Weekly PP used:7
Total PP used: 33

Had an amazing valentines day :) My OH bought me roses (first time in a year lol!) a photo album and a Cath Kidston bag - the ultimate teacher bag hehe! And dinner was lovely! Also went bowling (i actually won a game... lost the other two tho!) and to the cinema to see Chronicle. Perfect Valentines!
And didn't even blow my diet! Thank you weeklies :)

Weds 15th February

Breakfast
ww bread x2 - 3pp
jam - 1pp

Lunch
crisps - 2pp
banana

Dinner
sausage casserole
ww sausages x2 - 3pp
new potatoes 150g - 3pp
asda casserole mix 1pp

Snacks
ww caramel cake bar - 2pp
ww malt loaf - 2pp

HOME MADE DESSERT:
ww belgian choc brownie (1/2) - 1pp
ww reduced fat thick cream (1/2) - 1pp
danone shapes white choc yog (1/2) - 1pp
danone shapes choc yog (1/2) - 1pp

ww hot choc - 1pp
ww cookies 2pp

Daily PP used: 24
Weekly PP used:0
Total PP used: 24

somehow had 2pp remaining... how?! Look at the size of that food list!!
Hmm went to specsavers today for an eye test... (no longer get HC2, because apparently even tho im a full time student and have half the loan i had for undergrad, i have enough money to pay for my own dental/opticians/prescriptions... but thats another argument lol) so found out my right eye has improved... but my left eye has got worse lol! So begrudgingly spent £45 on new specs which i pick up saturday!

Thurs 16th February

Breakfast
porridge - 3pp

Lunch
crisps - 2pp
wrap - 3pp
hoisin sauce - 1pp
chicken - 1pp

Dinner
pork - 4pp
new potatoes 100g - 2pp
onion sauce mix 0pp

Snacks
ww cookie mix - 1pp
ww homemade apple crumble - 4pp
custard - 2pp
ww bread - 3pp
jam - 1pp

Daily PP used: 26
Weekly PP used:2
Total PP used: 28

So after a good week... I now have a cyst and began another painful TOTM. Joy!
On the plus side, i did spend 5 hours at Uni yesterday doing this assignment... only 1000 more words to go! And as of this morning I decided that I may as well resubmit my first assignment (which i got honours for) at Masters level. Whats the worst that could happen?! So I have tomorrow, sunday and Monday (til 4pm) to complete it!

Have neglected exercise this week (unless you can count 3 games of bowling lol) but am going to go to the Body Jam class tomorrow as it might help with the cramps (though probably won't help the cyst much!lol) Haven't felt like I've been on WW this week. Been trying to use some weeklies, and hopefully it will show on the scales - but since mother nature has made an appearance today I am not expecting the best weight loss on Monday xxx

Have been quite busy this week!

Last Monday, I lost 0.5lbs - still happy seeing as it was my TOTM.

As of tonight, I have used 24 weeklies (have 25 left). I am hoping for a good loss post-TOTM come Monday. Think as of next week I will hold back on my weeklies - have a bit of a 'detox' or something and see if that jump starts my weight loss.

Little victories - I can now get into my size 10 cargo pants i bought last summer! And their even a bit loose!! xxx

Feeling so excited for weigh in tomorrow... I jumped on the scales this morning and it read 10st 6.5lbs :eek: I mean, I know that won't be tomorrow's weight because alot can change in a day... plus I take into account the food I'll eat today and tomorrow before WI... but still. It's going in the right direction so I am happy!

Going to have chicken wrapped in parma ham, with roasted potatoes and mixed veg. Mmm. And am just gonna go make myself a bagel for lunch! I love WW bagels with ham and Kerry Gold Low Low cheese spread - heaven!!

Also, uploading a few pics... to keep me motivated. They are of me in my skinny SKINNY jeggings... my size 10s... and my size 12 chinos hanging off me!

Ooh AND my sister (who is doing WW from home) has lost a stone in total so far which has brought her down to the 12s. So proud of her! xx

Attachments

• Photo 22-02-2012 07 12 12.jpg
    Photo 22-02-2012 07 12 12.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Photo 22-02-2012 06 55 11.jpg
    Photo 22-02-2012 06 55 11.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Photo 09-02-2012 16 55 04.jpg
    Photo 09-02-2012 16 55 04.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 126
Here's some before and after pics...

The pics on the left hand side were taken last August... I had lost 11lbs with SW and put on 7lbs in a month over the summer... so while I was not at my heaviest in these pics... I was still about 10st 12...
The pics on the right were taken the other day... and are me at 10st 9.5

I can see a difference, hope you can too.

As you can see, tags are still on the bikini... never been worn lol... one of my aims is to be able to wear it for the summer (as long as it doesn't get to big :eek: hehe)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 14.34.03.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 14.34.03.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 14.31.10.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-26 at 14.31.10.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 164
So, went clothes shopping yesterday for school-teacher clothes (had to be done!)

Got some gorgeous black boots from Shoezone - my calves are quite chunky and i struggle with boots... but these were beautiful and slimming! and will be great for interviews and teaching.

Went to new look and got a dress in the sale - SIZE 10!

Went to Primark and got some bits. Annoyed as I got some trousers which were size 12 and while they were fine (if not a little big) round the waist, i couldn't wear them properly as my thighs were too big! Oops. Well, saved myself £10 i don't have i guess!!
But did get some lovely smart tops for teaching.

Best thing of the day - getting into a SIZE 8 (yes, 8!!!) DRESS - perfect for interviews. (see pic below)!

And even got into a size 10 suit I haven't worn since Year 11 (so about 6/7 years ago lol) and even then it was tight. So this will be great too for interviews or just the trousers for school. I am so chuffed! Can't wait to raid my wardrobe soon and throw my "fat clothes" away (or will sell nice ones of ebay!).

Attachments

• Photo 29-02-2012 17 54 53.jpg
    Photo 29-02-2012 17 54 53.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Photo 29-02-2012 17 55 23.jpg
    Photo 29-02-2012 17 55 23.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo 29-02-2012 18 01 27.jpg
    Photo 29-02-2012 18 01 27.jpg
    428.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Photo 29-02-2012 18 01 36.jpg
    Photo 29-02-2012 18 01 36.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 86
Okay - so very confused! I stuck to 26pp Mon, Tues, Weds & Thurs - went over slightly on friday by 3pp. Then Saturday - technically I've stuck to 26pp but could have potentially gone over it! Stupid subway!
My app says a Subway Club Wrap was 4pp - however that seems very low and I cannot find anything else to back it up! The sub version is 8pp and everyone is saying subway wraps are terribly high in pp.
So anyone reading this with any advice - help?!!

Also will probably end up going over my points a bit tonight - but nothing major.

Praying for a good weight loss tomorrow! My scales have been reading 10st 5.5lbs - so 2lbs lighter - however they read 6.5lbs last week when at WI i was actually 7.5lbs so lets not get my hopes up!! Fingers crossed tho as I have tried very hard this week! Have only gone to gym once, for a 45min Zumba lesson. Not sure if this is good or not for my weight loss.

Mmm had Steak & Chips with mushrooms and tinned tomatoes for dinner! And a bagel for lunch. Yum!

Eek had a 1.5hr driving lesson today to practise before I get my hire car - was well worth it! Feeling much better now for Tuesday!! Cannot wait to meet my class on Wednesday - nervous but excited! xx

Hey, i never have had the wraps in subway but using the NI on the site for subway club wrap i got 12PP....it says
"Wraps

Values include lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, olives and onions. Values do not include salad dressing..."

The NI values for the subway club wrap are 28g protein, 63g carbs, 8.5g fat and 3.1g fibre. I dont have the ww official app anymore only a cheapy app i found on the app store on my iphone so i dont want to say 100% certain on that.

xx

See I tried to do it based on the NI on the website - what did you put for serving size etc?? I knew my app would let me down at some point lol xx

my new app doesnt have a serving size option. When i had the official ww one if i didnt know serving size i would just put 100g or some random number for actual size and serving size, just as long as they were the same it gave the PPs. If that ramble makes any sense? ha. I googled 'ww pro points subway wrap' and someone else here on minimins had a wrap and it worked out 12PP for them also. Its so annoying when that happens! xx

Ah well I was deffo over my points then! Thank you tho! Appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah I just did it using eSource (and found the serving size lol was confusing it for kCals earlier lol oops) and it's 11pp. So no idea where this 4pp is coming from on this ww app :( very misleading! Even if it's 4pp plus the 9pp wrap that's still 13pp not 11pp! Hmmm...

Gutted I went over my daily points there... so thats Fri, Sat and tonight. Fingers cross for a good weightloss still tomorrow night x

Im sure you will do fine, its annoying that the ww app says thats you would think if it being official they wouldnt mess up on things like that especially by that much! At least now you know and can go for a sub next time :) Was it yum? I love subway!

it was very yum :) id had subway melt the day before - then thought id save on pp this way. Was delicious tho but think ill skip the wraps next time and stick with wheat bread! :) xx

So had my first 3 days at my placement school teaching y5/6. Very good school. And I am loving driving my Peugeot 107 from the hire company. Don't know how i'll manage giving it back for the 2 weeks over easter :( lol.

Got dinner planned for my OHs birthday. Treating him to harvester and I've worked out I can have:

Flame grilled chicken breast (260kcal) - 6pp
Peppercorn sauce (80kcal) - 2pp
Baby potatoes (110kcal) - 3pp
Sundae Best Belgian (260kcal) - 7pp

So 18pp total and about £10. And then OH can have whatever he wants :)
This is happening wednesday so am gonna have breakfast and maybe just a pack of crisps and fruit for lunch.

Then Friday I am not on placement. Was going to uni but they've cancelled our workshop so might stay home and finish my assignment/do some planning. Only problem is not being tempted to eat lots during the day cos I wanna save my points for my night out with my best mate - our first night out on the town since she had her baby :) not sure about drinking yet. Would like cocktails, but not sure what would be the best. Might think about a pitcher to start and then vodka/diet coke. I think where we're going is quite expensive so that might define how much we drink lol!!!

And then Sunday - Mothers Day + Our 1st anniversary (plus belated sisters bday and nicks bday). We are going to a Fayre + Square for dinner. Feeling a bit panicky about what to eat (as you can see I need to PLAN food in advance - slightly obsessive!) Especially as it's the day before WI!

So, I need to lose 1.5lbs this week to reach my stone. Fingers crossed!! xx

Back