The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

I agree with Aesir, I thought that body magic was a part of SW and would have thought that it would be mentioned at meeting.

I decided to do the London marathon (on my bike of course) and managed to do 30k this morning, the most I have ever done. 12k left to do before I start the next challenge.

Total this week now for me is 73k.

Lucy, '£10.00 off a £50.00 shop' that's what I like to hear, I love a bargain.

I hope you are feeling a bit better now you're having to look after your hubby too?

OMG Go You two!!!!

I'm feeling ok, hubby's still ill and Alfie still has the runs. Got to ring the doctor this morning just to check if I should be doing anything different.

Speak properly later, off to work for a few hours.

Evening guys,

Well I've started completing the fit log and it sure does make you work in 15minute sessions!! I did 15min kettle exercises, 60min walking with Alfie and then 45 minutes on the bike!!

Thats makes 20km's for today and i'm hoping to do some more tomorrow.

Think I saw a weight loss update for you Ange....Fab well done, aren't we matching weight loss again?!?!!?!?!

So, what do you guys think to changing the thread name to body magic or something to encorporate other exercise, perhaps we may encourage some others to join??????

there sure is a 'body magic team', its us! (nice name by the way)
Did you lose 1.5 too Lucy?
You certainly got a lot of body magic in today :)

I did 15k on my exercise bike today, had to lie and say it took 30mins as you can only do in 15 min slots, it took 25 mins to do.

Only did 5 mins kettebell, so could now say I have done 30 mins body magic.

Online with body magic I started the london marathon yesterday and finished it today and added about 3k to my next task which is London to Brighton which in total is 80.50k and hope to finish that this week. All on my exercise bike of course.

:cool:

there sure is a 'body magic team', its us! (nice name by the way)
Did you lose 1.5 too Lucy?
You certainly got a lot of body magic in today :)

I did 15k on my exercise bike today, had to lie and say it took 30mins as you can only do in 15 min slots, it took 25 mins to do.

Only did 5 mins kettebell, so could now say I have done 30 mins body magic.

Online with body magic I started the london marathon yesterday and finished it today and added about 3k to my next task which is London to Brighton which in total is 80.50k and hope to finish that this week. All on my exercise bike of course.

:cool:

I lost 2.5 last week but I talking about our overall loss, yours is the same as mine on your statistics??

Your bike targets sound great, is that some sort of slimming world on-line thing or just something you found yourself??

Well I have a day off today to look after my little man, i'm ready to go into town but he's gone back to sleep, hopefully when we are back and he has a lunch time snooze i'll get on the bike and do some kettle bells too.

I'm doing a small routine for now, 25 of two armed, left and right armed swings and 25 clean and press, so thats 125 moves in all, not much but hoping to increase each move by 5 within a few days. :D

I have no idea how much kettle exercise warrants a 'change' to your body but I have to say I'm sure I can see a toning effect already???????????:confused:

Lucy, I noticed that we had the same overall weight loss so far, I just wish that I only had as much as you have left to lose :cry:
SW online has body magic challenges and you have to pick a route ie London to Brighton and you can walk, cycle, swim etc and you can't move onto another challenge without finishing the 1st one. I have never done it until Sunday which is when I started and have got to admit that this thread is a lot more motivating than doing the body magic SW online. I think that's probably because doing SW online, there is no one to talk to and discuss things with, so I only use the site really to weigh and to look at the odd syn as nothing new really crops up and site only seems to be updated once a week, but hey its also got me hooked on SW.

Took my car for its mot this morning and decided to go for a walk while I was waiting. Well I did 1.5 hours walking this morning along our dock front and up quite a few steep hills and steps and worked out that it was approximately 7km. Can't believe that 1.5 hours walking is only that distance, should have got on my bike haha.
My knees are hurting now so won't be going on my exercise bike later I don't think so may have to do the kettlebell instead.

I hope Alfie is feeling better and your hubby too.

Have you considered joining a local group or is that not an option to you?? I only ask as i've made so many friends at my class and my consultant is really great.

The online body magic sound great but i'm glad that we help you too!

I have to say I don't feel in competition with you two but I do feel that reading if one of you has done 20km's last night then it makes me want to do it more if that makes sense?

I've got hubby until 5 oclock (when he gets up from his night shift) so i'm hoping to get at least 5km's done just so 15 doesn't sound so bad for after i've finished getting Alfie bathed and into bed.

Speak later.

Originally I joined online because I was too embarrassed to join a club because I thought that I would not be able to stick to it and didn't want everyone knowing I was trying to lose weight just in case I failed. Now I know that I can do it and I don't go telling everyone that I am trying to lose weight but tell them if they ask (its pretty obvious now and can't hide it). I'm not bothered now about joining a class as I know I will do it and at the moment I am quite happy just wandering about these sites.
I know exactly what you mean about not being in competition with both me and Aesir but I think that we all spur each other on which is a good thing.
Just watching Slimming woman of the year on bbc north west at the moment.

My walk was enough for me this morning so no more exercise for me today.
A few months ago got told I have arthritis in my knees and was really struggling but with losing weight I am loads better now. Its funny though, I can do lets of k's on the exercise bike but walking long distances still takes it out on my knees.
Will have another go tomorrow on my bike that is.
Going to Liverpool on sat with my daughter, we go every year with work xmas shopping, so thought I would have a practice run this morning with all the walking I am going to be doing.

As long as your getting enough support then on-line sounds good to me!!

I've managed 21 today, 7 in a 15 min block and then I did another 30mins and managed 14. I'm still not as fast as you two....Perhaps i've got my bike on a higher setting (NOT!!!!) ;-)

I see in the news is all about the WW woman who won the main award but she'd had a gastric band or something fitted. To be fair I'd be gutted coming 2nd to her!

Managed to increase my Kettle routine by 5 swings per exercise, still not 15 mins yet but its a 10 min session so I shall have to increase the routine by 5 again tomorrow.

Weigh in day for tomorrow at 5. A bit anxious as i've done 3 green days whch I never do! Its just so much easier to eat green when hubby's not here. Beans and chips tonight, yummy!

Now, what to have as syns...............

Good morning both

Lucy
I don't think it matters how fast your are and you are doing more than me with both the bike and kettlebell.

I do have mine on a lower setting than I used to. When I 1st starting doing this with you both, I did have it higher but that's because I thought it was already on the lowest setting :confused:
I'm not planning on doing it with a harder tension for some time yet, if ever. You are doing really well with the kettlebell too whereas I have pretty much come to a standstill but will try again today. Just need to get into some sore of routine.
I did notice that you said you are now feeling the changes in your body because of this so this might give me more motivation to get going.
I an on day 4 of my scan bran challenge and just sat eating breakfast which is lovely and consists of half my scan bran for the day mixed in with ff yoghurt and some mint choc options stirred in and poured over summer fruits and a pear.

Aesir
Where are you? :confused::confused:

I'm here still lol. Suffering with quite a spectacular chest infection though so no bike. Gonna just go for a long walk I think and try out some complementary therapies!

Oh no, I hope you get better soon Aesir.

Its great being off work and nothing planned, so a nice lazy week for me.

So far today, I've done 15k on the bike this morning and 15 mins kettlebell,

Also made some muffins filled with peppers, onions and mushrooms and totally scrummy.
I have now had to put them at the back of the fridge so that i don't eat them all in one go.

see you later peeps

I'm gutted :cry:I gained a pound!!!

The only thing i've done different this week is 3 green days (I never do green) but a pound? Surely 3 days can't do that so what else could of gone wrong I just don't know. I did find it hard cramming in the extra HEB but anyway, onwards and upwards.

Its a fresh week and obviously I shall be going back to EE. I do have a blip tomorrow, going to watch Twilight at midnight and so we are having a nandos before. I have checked whats the best for me, whether I do stick to that is another question.

I'm so bummed out that I haven't managed any exercise tonight, I can feel an early night and some hot choc coming on!!!

ANOTHER TWILIGHT FAN!!!!!!! I'm totally obsessed lol I can't wait to see it!

Gains happen :( its a part of any weightloss journey. The important thing is that you keep going and don't let it destroy your journey.

Ha, I thought you were going to say the opposite then and say you hated it!!!!

Cannot wait to see it, even though I know it won't be as good as the book.

Lol I love the books and the films equally, just in different ways :) I'm a proper twihard fan lol got the mugs and calenders snd everything (all bought for me lol I didn't purchase them)

'Twilight ' well what can I say?
Can't say too much really as I have never seen it or read the books. My daughter on the other hand totally obsessed by it.

Hard luck with the weight gain Lucy, but I am sure you will lose it and more next week.

I did 30k on the bike this morning, 1hour body magic.
Can't do the kettlebell today as I have a sore wrist and back. I hope it's nothing to do with using it yesterday as I think I was doing it right.

Hope you guys are both doing ok and hopefully you Aeisr are feeling better than yesterday.

Back