The Body Magic Team (formerly exercise bike challenge)

80k done for the week.

Hi guys, another 18 done today taking me to 100. Had to do something as today i've eaten a piece of swiss roll (so not worth it) and a roast chicken dinner (that I didn't cook ie full of fat prob!)

I've set the target at 85 for me next week, your all welcome to stick at whatever suits you though!!!

I'm already dreading wed's weigh in. Just hope 2 more days of the bike and low syns each day means I can pull it back perhaps.

15 done for me tonight, i'm pooped I tell ya! Little Alfie decided he didn't want to sleep much last night and so a full days work and the bike has about finished me off!!!!

Can I ask you guys about your bike and the cals burnt....mine for example tonight said i'd burnt nearly 600cals doing 20km's yest.

I was reading this exercise site online and it said for my weight i'd only burnt 350 approx???

Is that because of my weight and heart rate then?? I do have a pulse thingy on my bike but I change positions so often that I never use it so does that mean its wrong saying i've burnt more (Which obviously is poo!!!)

Its tough to know as it depends on weight, body fat percentage and exertion. If overweight, maybe take the lowest cals burned and add another hundred. If obese add 200. Cant remember where i read that now like...

Oh well, never mind. I was hoping to burn off 500cals per day but as long as i'm still losing i'm cool with that!

Until wed's!!!!!!!!!!

:) would it be ok for me to join in with this, i have just been given an exercise bike, i am not sure if i can do the mileage that you are all doing but i will try. can you help also how do i get the sw 1/2 stone sticker on my profile?

Welcome :) afraid I cant help with the sticker! You could start at 70km like we did?

As for burning 500 cals, bear in mind exercise spikes your metabolic rate. Your body is still burning shed loads of calories 3 hours after exercise when you're sat on the couch watching tv. You may only burn 300 or so cals while sat on the bike, but you'll burn loads more in the hours following. Thats why interval training and strength training leads to better losses...spike your burn rate for longer than regular cardio.

:) would it be ok for me to join in with this, i have just been given an exercise bike, i am not sure if i can do the mileage that you are all doing but i will try. can you help also how do i get the sw 1/2 stone sticker on my profile?

Welcome Julia!!!

If you want to start this week then have a go and see what feels comfortable for you...perhaps try it for one night watching some tv, cover up the monitor and have a surprise at how far you've managed in 30 mins???

It really doesn't matter how many km's you do, just set your own target if you like!

As for the sticker, there is a thread on here, I think its in the "Off topic" section and the instructions are in there, I think its a simple copy and paste job!

Let us know how you get on won't ya!!!!

As for burning 500 cals, bear in mind exercise spikes your metabolic rate. Your body is still burning shed loads of calories 3 hours after exercise when you're sat on the couch watching tv. You may only burn 300 or so cals while sat on the bike, but you'll burn loads more in the hours following. Thats why interval training and strength training leads to better losses...spike your burn rate for longer than regular cardio.

Thanks for that, that makes me feel a little better!

Weigh in today wasn't it????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

Hi all, just catching up at last ... Hubby still away & I updated my iPhone to then find I couldn't read this thread properly. All fixed now & I did complete 77km last week & working on 80 this week.

3lbs I wish!!! No I was just congratulating Aesir on his fab loss.

1lb off for me this week, I could of tried harder but at least I got my first mini target - I ma now pre preggers weight Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

Day off for me yesterday and so i'll be back on the bike tonight.

14 for me tonight - I am super whacked!!!

Little Alfie has not let mummy have more than 2hours unbroken sleep since sunday and man am I tired! Its a strange tired though, I don't look tired and i'm not yawning but my body has zero energy and that 14km was so hard! I've constantly got a headache and I feel like I could sleep for a week!!:4635:

Back