The Calorie Counters chat thread

Me too. I just don't seem to need much sleep and average about 5 hours a night.

When I did Cambridge, I had to split packs into 6 meals otherwise the gaps were just too long.

I probably eat about 6-7 times a days now naturally, though it does vary

When I was SS-ing my tum used to rumble loudly all night. Every night. Splitting packs did not help me. Drinking extra water just made it more likely that I'd wish I'd gone to sleep on the loo, draped in a duvet!

Hello people! Welcome Boo, nice to have you on board.

MY GOD - what a bad day! Where was my motivation fairy when I needed her. Someone is leaving our office on Friday but there will hardly be anyone in, so he brought in the cakes/goodies today. So much for my willpower

Dan: Are you gonna have a bun Ann-Marie?
Me: No.........I'll have a fresh cream slice then

And almost gave myself whiplash in my rush to get to the only pack of cream slices before anyone else could reach them!

well, one thing led to another and I'm ashamed to say that I then went back to the table and had a heyoooooge muffin that was the size of a small planet....and nine mini brownie bites and here I am, an enormous 985 calories over for the day (although it's "only" 716 for the week cos I've had some to spare over the last couple of days)

So, I don't really fancy going to the gym tonight but I think I am gonna have to, to try and claw some back!

And I feel like a right fat knacker!! Isn't it strange how the minute you've had something bad to eat or you know you are over your calories, you can just feel your bum expanding as you speak!

OH MY GOD my legs are fricking killing me. Did the legs and bums session on the Davina power of 3 dvd yesterday, and my quadriceps are in agony. Cant even bend to sit on the loo without grimacing in pain!! Walking means lifting your leg up = using quadriceps, must have looked like a right tw*t trying to walk with straight legs today!!

Sorry, I'm proper sniggering at the thought of you walking around student-land looking for all the world as if you've got a wooden leg. Someone posted a message on the WLR website saying they'd done the Davina DVD with a heart rate monitor on, and the HRM said they had burnt off a whopping 820 calories in 110 minutes!! Just think about that

Pencil skirt, fitted blouse, wide belt and heels - I love that 40's look.

I'm loving the wide belts that are in at the minute. I bought myself one from New Look last Friday - £8 for a chuffing belt!!! Anyway I wore it for work on Monday over a yellow top but as the day wore on my fat belly was forcing the belt to fold over on itself, so what started off as a wide belt ended up as a skinny one, so I had to take it off - looked very silly!!! Oh what I wouldn't do for a flat tummy!!!

Oh look, I'm almost up to 400 posts! Should I post three more posts of innane waffle, or save myself til Friday's weigh-in post and then write something profound, thought-provoking and inspirational?

HOORAY!!! I BLOOMING WELL DID IT!

Inspired by Super-'peg leg' Sara I dug out my Davina "power of 3" DVD (used once) and did the whole chuffing lot, 54 minutes, with my heart rate monitor on and burnt off 445 calories (less BMR).

Then I walked up to hockey with eldest lad, 10 minutes up-hill there, 10 minutes down-hill back and burnt off 120 calories less BMR

Just come back from the gym, and did a 20-minute running programme thingie, and then a 20 minutes i-tread programme, and gave it my all, sweat was pouring off me, and heart rate went to a maximum of 173, and burnt off 439 calories.

My Basal Metabolic Rate is 1.20 cals per minute, so deducted from all that lot gives me a grand total of 861.2 calories - bye bye cream cakes!! Banish thee brownies!! So, I'm just 71 over for the DAY now and I have some surplus calories from yesterday so I'm not over calories at all now (yay me).

I've been directed here......hello all.

I'll say more later but I'm making my tea. Until then I guess my diary gives the jist of what I do.

I am!! Just need 4 weeks to get up to speed that I can do it all in one go and not die the next day. She's got 3 out, any idea which one it was? One looks more intense than the other

Wanted to ask you guys, when you burn off by exercise, are you calculating how much you burnt off and eating that much extra? Eg allowance is 1000, you burn 300 in a class, do you eat the extra 300 you have already burnt off?

Well, as you know I use the WLR website and have set my exercise level as very sedentary. I know I am not sedentary because I am never still but I set my calorie allowance at 1100 calories per day.

I wear a pedometer every day all day and for every 1050 steps I do, I class it as 10 minutes walking at 2mph (v slow) and it gives me about 25 calories extra. If I don't do any formal exercise I eat all of the excercise calories.

If I do formal exercise I aim to eat at least 50% of the calories but aint too fussed if I eat all of them. Hope this helps

Found this quite interesting post on another site:

I was doing a bit of number-crunching for a blog post I was writing earlier this afternoon (to kill the excuse "I don't have time to exercise") and figured out that, for an 11 stone woman:

10 mins stretching/weight lifting (while still in pyjamas) = 42 cals
10 mins brisk walk at lunch = 46 cals
10 mins jogging in the evening = 82 cals

That's 168 cals/day or 1176 cals/week -- a whole EXTRA DAY of calories if you're on 1,100 per day!

It really brought home to me how little numbers quickly add up...

www.theofficediet.com

Hi all,

(this wedding dress <<<<<< is a size 20)

WOW - you look great in that photo!!!

(my 400th post - used up on you - See, you are truly honoured!!!)

Woohoo! I inspired someone :D your gonna regret it tomorrow, i did the power of 3 legs and bums section, and the warm up and cool down obv, and it didnt hurt that badly at the time (i dont mind the burn) but, just wait.

Yay over 400! Can you do anything special now that you are?

How do i calculate my BMR?

Sorry yo-yo, this confused me :s 'if I don't do any formal exercise I eat all of the excercise calories. If I do formal exercise I aim to eat at least 50% of the calories'

how does that work? xx

OUCH! My legs aren't too bad (maybe cos I wasn't squatting that deeply) but my bum - by GOD!

Okay - non formal exercise = 1050 pedometer steps that I count as 10 minutes slow walking in order to get 25 extra calories. I eat all of these. So, if I do 10,500 ordinary steps per day, then I get 250 extra calories to add onto my 1100 basic.

Formal exercise = Gym, DVD or any walking I do where I am watching my time, speed, wearing my heart rate monitor etc... I will work out the calories earned and then eat at least half of them. Obviously I ate all of the exercise calories from yesterday (even before I'd earned them!)

Hope this helps.

BMR = Basic Metabolic Rate. This is how many calories per day you would need if you just layed down all day and did nothing. I just deduct my maintainance calories. Dunno how accurate this is and don't have time to work it out for myself.....

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Example:
You are female
You are 30 yrs old
You are 5' 6 " tall (167.6 cm)
You weigh 120 lbs. (54.5 kilos)
Your BMR = 655 + 523 + 302 - 141 = 1339 calories/day

WOW - you look great in that photo!!!

(my 400th post - used up on you - See, you are truly honoured!!!)

I am truly and wholeheartedly honoured ;):D

Today has been ok, had some piri piri chicken strips, that I swear were of so I threw most of that in the bin ( only time will tell), had 2 slices of wholemeal bread with reduced sugar marmalade, and a SW hi fi bar, so I'm estimating about 500 cals so far, another 900 to go.

Dunno, I'm seeming to lose the want to do this as much now, I think the novelty is wearing off a bit, it's weigh day tomorrow, and when i weighed myself yesterday I hadn't lost anything. Just think I need to revamp my menus a bit, inject a bit of excitement back into my grub :D

Hope everyone is doing ok.

A good 8 mile+ walk today and checking online about 1000 calories burned in the process :D

still cant walk!
Cleared up a few things yo-yo, but still not sure why you only eat half the formal calories, i would have done it the other way around! hehe.

My bum doesnt really hurt, its all on the top of my thighs, i used to do ballet so im used to doing a certain depth for squats, but having not done ballet for 5 years kinda forgot that it was going to get me back! Going to try and do the warm up section today to ease them up a little, blue_grapefruit was laughing at me today hobbling up and down stairs!

I think deep down the back of my brain refuses to believe that I could possibly burn off so much calories and I daredn't eat them all (even though I did yesterday, and will be again today!!!)

I think it was the lying down on your side and lifting your leg in the air that has done it for me, cos it's the sides of my bum that hurt - oh the agony! I couldn't do it again even if I wanted to!!!

ARRRGGHH have had loads to eat today - am well over calories and have a buffet lunch tomorrow after a meeting - oh well, start again on Friday

Lost 3lbs this week :D Pleased with that as haven't been 100% good.

Need to lose 1lb next week to have lost a stone in 4 weeks.

Good luck everyone :)

Going to try and keep it right back today after a less successful day yesterday.

Hopefully no more than about 1100.

Back