the change in me, my diary by louisa26

louisa26

Dear Diary & Co
icon_biggrin.gif
. 17/08/06

i thought i would start today as i have my first meeting with my cdc tomorrow afternoon.

i may have to get my doctor to sign the form first so it may not be until next week when i start (edited to say: please see below for an update) but thought i would also take this opportunity to let us have a VOTE! on how much i will loose in the first week

so come on the votes have started ........

look forward to chatting more to you soon

Last edited:
Welcome hun! Good luck on the journey and your weight will be off in no time! :)

Well done you for finding out about how a very low calorie diet can work for you.

I'm going to guess on 6.5lbs :)

18/08/06

well thats it the first meeting is over and altho i was very upset about how much i weighed (as i have put 2.5 stone on in 6 months!) but hey ho is what i say and time to get rid!

she has started me on 4 a day for next week and then if i think i can cope with 3 the week after thats what i will do.

my short target is to get into some jeans and my long term target is 14 stones!

i will let u know!!

Last edited:
Good Luck with your weight loss. Just remember that the first 3 or 4 days are the worst, then everything gets a lot easier!

just keep glugging as much water as you can....the more you drink the more you shrink:D :D :D i guess 8 and a half pounds......just keep motivated

Hiya Louise
I'm gonna go for 13lb for your first week :D

thats a great idea about having 4 packs a day to start with...

all the best for tomorrow :p

Day 1: 19/08/06

First sip or i should say two and i almost threw up :eek:
is this normal?? i am having butterscotch

i am now scared for the future..........BUT I WONT GIVE UP!!

HELP!!

Last edited:
Hi Louisa

As everyone has told you, the first few days/week is definitely the most difficult as you get used to a whole new regime and your body adapts to ridding itself of carbs (which it doesn't like doing a whole lot *lol*).

The packs really are trial and error - not just the flavours but finding out how you like to take them. We're all different - personally I like the shakes cold made in a blender blitzed for about a minute or so with about 3/4 pint of fridge-cold water and a few ice cubes. My favourites are the choc-mint, chocolate (with a 1/4 teaspoon Summer Berry water flavouring to make it into a 'Black Forest' flavour :) ), cappucino (like a frappe with enough ice) and vanilla (which I often add a teaspoon of coffee to).

The soups I make with about 3/4 pint water, blitzed in a blender and then heated up slowly in a pan, served in a large soup bowl and eaten with a spoon (just like a 'real' meal!). I like them all - and often add either tabasco, curry powder or black pepper to spice them up :) .

My absolute favourite though is a frozen Chocolate Velvet tetra :p . Place them in a freezer (at least overnight), unwrap, place in a bowl, leave for about an hour to defrost to icecream consistency .. and enjoy!!

I have never 'cooked' any of the packs as I don't have a microwave, but people tell me that some of the soup packs made into crisps are yummy!!

Give them all a try and see which ones you like best .. but the secret is plenty of water to mix and give them a real good blitz in the blender before consuming :D

Hi
How are you getting on today? Are you finding the packs any easier to get down?
I hope everthing is OK, keep going you can do it!

How are you doing Louisa, yes it was normal to feel that way about shakes, I was like that until I found one I liked and now I cand drink them all just about.

Try hot chocolate and mint, its yummy.

Keep going hun, the worst is almost over, I reckon you'll lose 9.5lbs!
Vx

Day 1: extra

ok after my initial omg i felt sick mode.........

for lunch i had a carton of banana shake which was delicious and for tea i had chicken and mushroom soup which was delicious as well

so bring on day 2 i am ready for you!

p.s because my fiance was being a typical man and didnt want to do his shopping on his own i had to go to asdas and smell all the lovely bread etc!!!! but i survived!

:D

Day 1: extra

ok after my initial omg i felt sick mode.........

for lunch i had a carton of banana shake which was delicious and for tea i had chicken and mushroom soup which was delicious as well

so bring on day 2 i am ready for you!

p.s because my fiance was being a typical man and didnt want to do his shopping on his own i had to go to asdas and smell all the lovely bread etc!!!! but i survived!

:D

Congratulations on getting through your first day!

If you drink some water before you take your milkshake this will help dilute the taste.

Well done on surviving the shopping, it nearly killed me at first!!!

Im glad you got over the shake situation, I can really remember how hard it was for my first ever one, Just keep going hun, and keep at the water and the posting!!!!

Good luck for day 2, just shout if you need anything x

HI, just found you. It will get better! I personally love the Butterscotch, but it is all down to personal taste. I like all the sweet flavers made with hot water.

Weight loss prediction = 8.5lbs

Good luck hun, we're all here for you!

Well done! I do my weekly shop online! Then its easier for me!!! Not tried shopping in the shop yet, It would be torture for me still I think! maybe thats my next challenge!!

Enjoy the jelly is so yummy! And you can have it as well as your packs!! great when you get the munchies!!!
Just so you don't think your going mad! when you mixed the jelly in the blendar there is a 'foam' this subsides abit but leaves a mousse like jelly on top of the jelly its yummy (well I like some don't).
Let us know how you got one with it.
Kamilla x

I (and many others) have posted on another of your threads. You have no failed! Tiny amount of healthy food - no biggy!!!

You will do it!

Good luck

HUGS

Back