The diary of Janalot :)

i like mondays.... means hubbys back at work out from under my feet :p

YAY!! not a bad attempt Jan but I agree you need to practise a bit more. Get yourself a turntable or borrow a lazy susan one of those spinny things roll your icing thicker, the thicker it is the better chance you will have of making a good job. Also after you filled your layers form a long sugarpaste sausage and push into the cuts smoothing on the outside of the cake, this will stop the cream bulging out and making your icing look untidy. To smooth everything break a big lump of sugarpaste in your palm rub on your work surface in some icing sugar to flatten it then rub gently over the cake this will smooth it out really really well, keep adding icing sugar if it starts to resist. Hope this helps

Hi thanks, it tasted amazing so more pleased about that , it's only family and friends so not too fussed about it looking shop made :) I have few months left to make it less bumpy but as I said I was too busy and harassed to take the time needed to make it smoother.

All round I was pleased it looks bumpier in the picture and not a crumb left lol

Going for a run tonight to clear my head so looking forward to that ....

NOT lol

hey gorgeous, Nutella is on dukan site in shop, its ok, more cocoa y and sweetner full than nutella BUT now an again (totm) its just right on dukan bread toasted or a toasted muffin! Or on the end of ur finger :eek:
I am hoping for another cheap postage on dukan site as wanna order more biscuits an cereal, I like one of those on a pp day if needed, its like a treat. Not always but nice now an again.
Enjoy ur run! My hubby asked me why i havent been lately, i just looked at him,his belly and raised my eyebrows, hahahaha my knee hurts,,well it did 3 weeks ago LOL i am resting' it !!

Haha I love it when unhealthy people try make you feel bad it's like ehhhh helllloooooo the kettle just called to tell you your black!! Lol

Hmmmmm might nosey into the nutella thing but just found a brownie recipe u made the other day that was to die for and it helped rude me over without costing a small fortune lol

How's you been anyway honey pie?? You coping ok??
Xxx

Tadaaaaa!!!! Lol little bit bumpy but it was my first attempt and my tasters said it tastes delish!! So at least it's edible I have few months to perfect my smoothing skills.

To be fair I probably could have got it smoother but I lost the will to live at the end running about getting messages, visiting the wrinkles so that's my excuse lol

Xx

mmmmm cake!!!! :eat:

It looks divine!!

Thanks CPL been told it was gorgeous!!! Just need to make it more presentable lol weighed a ton!!! X

I just love cake its my biggest downfall, you've got plenty of time to perfect your icing skills, youve cracked the cake recipe wont take long to knock the icing into line. Cx

I want cake.

Haha sorry all making you want cake!!!! I just ruined my dinner and don't have anything else :( cake us shouting me :( x

I just nearly cried, tried wedding dress on first in a while and it fits perfectly!!!!! Although train looks longer :0 lol xxx

I do (hahahahahahaha) 5 months to go till wedding hopefully I'll be hula hooping the dress by then lol x

I am in such a good mood and I font know why far la la la throat is killing me feels like I've got a golf ball in the back of my throat but ho hum stops me eating lol

Just made rhubarb muffins and had a mega chillie dinner with left overs for lunch tomorrow yuuuuummmmmyyyyyy!!!!

Just chillaxing whilst other half at footie

P.s I am just effing fantabulous!!!! :) :) :) far la la la xxxx

Back