The Dream's Diary

Sorry to hear about the cold hun, it might be caused by the carbs flushing out - and soup is a good choice for when you're feeling that way :)

Really? Didn't stop to think it could have anything to do with my diet. It is strange for me to suffer so badly with a cold, especially my throat. My throat hasn't been this bad since I did my tonsils out as a teenager! x

Yep hun there's a thing called Atkins flu - different symptoms for everyone, but a cold fits the bill - ride it through, think of the carbs being flushed out and you'll be fine :)

Yep hun there's a thing called Atkins flu - different symptoms for everyone, but a cold fits the bill - ride it through, think of the carbs being flushed out and you'll be fine :)

That's cheered me up somewhat that this cold isn't in vain :)

Yesterday's menu: (possibly too much dairy?)

Breakfast: matensons sausage, 1 rasher of bacon, courgette, mushroom and egg.

Lunch: broccoli and stilton soup, 2 slices of ham

Dinner: chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and pesto wrapped in bacon with cabbage in butter and cheese.

Snack: 2 tbsp of clotted cream

I don't usually have so much dairy in one day, hope it doesn't affect me x

Sorry to hear you're not well hun, hope you get well soon. Broccoli n stilton sounds amazing, thanks for sharing recipe! x

Thank you, my throat is slowly improving. The soup is definitely going to be a staple for me, especially as the colder weather is upon us x

Morning all.

I'm really pleased with myself yesterday, my brother roped me into going trick or treating with his kids, and I was being offered sweets and chocolates left right and centre. I could resist the sweets as I don't like sweets that much but the chocolates were oh so tempting. Also my mum bought me olive bread as she knows i love olives and well, bread! I hate seeing food go to waste :( i wish i could have just said no.

I'm planning on having an evening off either Saturday or Sunday, and having a few drinks tonight, probably vokda and diet coke. So I've weighed today and I'm 2lb down from Monday which is nice. Really hope the weekend doesn't set me back too much. I want to stick to plan but I'm going to the cinema with someone new and don't want to seem rude not eating or scare them off by saying I'm doing Atkins! No one wants to hear about dieting on a first date! x

Yesterday was faaaar from perfect :( But it could have been a lot worse. I've had a friend over who I haven't seen in a long time and had my first drink on Atkins. The problem is when I drink it always means I want to eat. So here's what I had...(deep breathes)...

Brunch: bacon, egg, mushrooms, cauliflower and courgette.

Dinner: beef burger, bacon, cheese, celearic chips and aubergine.

Snacks and drinks: god only knows how much vodka and whisky. Lots of stilton, 4 pickled eggs, and a heck of pecans and walnuts (shouldn't really be having nuts, but I figured it was a better choice than icecream!).

Even though I ate a ton last night, i resisted (restrained myself more like hehe) from eating chocolate and icecream. So even if last night does set me back, i can be pleased with myself that i have learned some self control x

Last edited:
Sounds like you did well to me well done on redisting the chocolate x

Morning all! So I was expecting a surprise on the scales today but not a pleasent one! After my weekend of drinking (I started on the red wine Saturday night...) I thought my weight would be up a bit or at least the same, but I've lost 4lb! I am also SO glad my sweet craving have finally subsided. I must have been seriously addicted to sugar before Atkins! I truly thought i would go crazy without a dessert in the evening, but the cravings really do pass. x

Morning all! So I was expecting a surprise on the scales today but not a pleasent one! After my weekend of drinking (I started on the red wine Saturday night...) I thought my weight would be up a bit or at least the same, but I've lost 4lb! I am also SO glad my sweet craving have finally subsided. I must have been seriously addicted to sugar before Atkins! I truly thought i would go crazy without a dessert in the evening, but the cravings really do pass. x

Wow! What a lovely surprise!!! :)

Thanks everyone. I've had a busy few days and have been going long periods of time without eating because I can't find anything suitable to eat. So the last few days have been far from ideal.

What I ate yesterday:

Breakfast at 9am: sausage, egg, mushrooms and broccoli.

Then didn't eat again until 4pm :(
I had chicken and bacon salad with homemade coleslaw (minus the carrot and made with spring onion)

I had dinner at 8pm and made a big low carb lasange using blanched leeks instead of lasange sheets. I used 500g of mince and served up half the lasange with salad. It tasted so good I couldn't resist having a 'little' bit more. By 9pm I'd polished off the whole lasange :(

I really thought I had more self control by now, but when it comes to left overs I just can't help myself. I'm doing so well having not cheated yet but I have had a couple days of overeating. I really really want to learn when to stop, it's my biggest downfall. x

The lasagne sounds good... Did you use a pre made cheese sauce or make your own?

I made the sauce using soft cheese and unsweetened soya milk, you could add cheese to it too but I just added pepper. Very tasty and simple x

Sounds yummy! Will definitely try it!

Back