The Dream's Diary

Sounds yummy! Will definitely try it!

It's a very versitile sauce too, I often add mustard to it which is lovely too.

I think I have survived my first meal out on Friday I went to harvester. I had lettuce, green peppers, cucumber, mayo and a tiny weeny amount of coleslaw from the salad bar. Then I had steak, prawns, green beans and half a tomato. I drank 2 pints of diet Pepsi. I think I did well considering I had a mass of chips on my plate and I didn't touch a single one!

I woke up late yesterday (and today actually) and missed breakfast. So yesterday I had:

Brunch: bacon, egg, sausage and mushrooms.

Dinner: brocolli and stilton soup, celeriac chips and fried lambs liver (I know, a very strange combination)

Unfortunately I don't think I drank anywhere near enough yesterday :(

Hoping to get back into the swing of three meals a day on Monday and plenty of water. Got to say, I am loving Atkins at the moment and haven't experienced any of the put offs that I hear a lot of people mention when Atkins is brought up. Wish I had found this diet a long time ago x

After last weeks loss I suspected that this week might be disappointing. I've had at least a couple days I've eaten too much and not drank enough. I sort of wanted to skip the scales this morning but that would be burying my head, so i braved them and I've lost 1lb. I am trying my hardest to be happy with that. After all it hasn't been a perfect week, what more can i ask for?

From now on i am upping my fluid intake which i desperately need to do, and not skipping meals then overeating to compensate. Hope i see a better number next week x

I used your cheese sauce recipe last night to make lasagne with leeks instead of pasta and it was delicious... I used garlic and herb soft cheese... Yummy! All ready for tea tonight :)

dont nut stress about the 1lb, like you say you had a great loss last week and I'm sure you'll have another one next week!

1lbs is still good! its a loss! how do you make the tomatoes sauce for the lasagne? tinned toms?

Hi... I used one tin on tomatoes but it made 6 portions... I figured the carbs at 11.6g for the tin were worth it...

Morning all.

I've done it again, overeating :( I find it so hard when I make too much food and plan to save left overs. Here goes yesterday...

Breakfast: sausage, egg, savoy cabbage and aubergine (obviously need to go shopping :p)

Lunch: chicken and bacon salad with mayo

Dinner: gammon, zoodles and cheese sauce. Ended up finishing the gammon i cooked which i was suppose to be saving for lunches. But not only did i eat all the gammon, i topped it with tons of cheese. Then i ate quite a large amount of whipped cream later on the evening. :(

Feel super guilty today and annoyed with myself that i just can't seem to resist left overs. I guess for the time being i will have to simply just cook as much as i am planning to eat and no more x

Today is a new day! Least you ate stuff that was ok rather than the evil carbs :)

Have a good day :)

Agree hun, could have been much worse! Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes when we're dehydrated we over eat as we're craving fluid but think it's hunger and we eat and eat but aren't sated as we're still thirsty. Try having a pint of water with every meal, that'll fill you up? You're doing well tho as you didn't succumb to carbs! x

Agree hun, could have been much worse! Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes when we're dehydrated we over eat as we're craving fluid but think it's hunger and we eat and eat but aren't sated as we're still thirsty. Try having a pint of water with every meal, that'll fill you up? You're doing well tho as you didn't succumb to carbs! x

If only that were the case, i was drinking plenty of water. I'm afraid it was just pure greed.

Im pleased that yesterday went better, hopefully i can get back on track now in terms of three proper meals and no gorging.

Yesterday i had:

Breakfast: kippers, aubergine, courgette

Lunch: gammon salad

Dinner: sausages, celeriac mash and asapargus

Snacks: small amount of cooked sausage

I made sure i had plenty of water too x

Hi there and welcome

I have the same overeating problem too - and I think Toni's idea of drinking a load of water with a meal is a good answer to it :)

Hi All!

So I have been away a little while, and been a little naughty too. Food wise I have been a lot better and have managed to curb my overeating which is such a relief as I was getting concerned it would only get worse rather than better. However...I've had a couple nights on the wine and vodka and not lightly I'm afraid :( From now on though I am going to try to enjoy a glass here and there rather than a whole bottle and then some!

Yesterday's Menu:

Brunch: sausages, bacon, egg, mushrooms and aubergine

Snack: pistachio's (big mistake, read below :()

Dinner: beef and pork stirfry

I am very annoyed, I had a friend over who insisted we went to my local shop for some snacks to eat while watching a film. I felt like i might go crazy if I had nothing and thought some nuts would be my safest option, there wasn't a great selection and pistachios are one of my favourite so i thought why not. I carefully inspected the packet and it said 8.5g of carb per 100g, so i thought that's not too bad. However, while in tesco today I was having a look at the nuts and all of the pistachios had about 20g of carbs per 100g! I was quite fuming that quite obviously the packet i bought (happy shopper brand) was not truthful and might as well of just been made up! Thankfully i didn't have many anyway and hopefully it won't have done me much harm, it's just frustrating that they can do that. When I was VLCD i read everything before i ate it, and trust me there were something things i just did not trust the numbers on but i choose to believe because i put trust in the company. Anyway, rant over, breathe...

If you are still reading to this point, thank you! I think that may be my first rant on Minimins! Ah, there is a first time for everything x

Welcome back Dream, glad the over eating thing has sorted itself out, I still sometimes get 'hungry' days.

With the pistachios, I had a quick look on mfp and they varied from about 9g carbs to over 20g carbs. Maybe Morrisons ad something to theirs (like corn flour or something) to hike up the carbs? Also, seemed the roasted ones are less than raw?

I'm sure you didn't do massive damage, if you get back on it. I read on here that we can get back into ketosis v quick if we have a small slip up as our bodies have depleted our glucose reserves, so even through we revert to burning sugar for our energy there's so little of it we quickly get back into it if we get back on it straight after. So what I'm trying to say is one blip is easy to come back from!

Good luck hun x

Hello everyone!

I've had a busy week, but luckily my eating hasn't suffered for it. My weight hasn't changed much either though, but I'm putting that down to the alcohol last week. I weighed on Tuesday and I was 1lb down. Still it's better than sts or gaining so I'm happy. Unfortunately I don't know if this week will be any better. The past two nights I've been invited out and had a few drinks.

Yesterdays menu:

breakfast: scrambled egg with leek and cheese

Lunch: bacon salad

Snack: ham and small amount of cheese

Dinner: gammon steaks, eggs, mushroom, half a tomato and a few peas (naughty I know), glass of red wine and a double vodka and diet Pepsi.

x

Back