The epic journey begins!

Ouch, cars are so expensive. Not automatically turning to food for comfort is amazing though. I think a lot of us do CWP because those are exactly the habits we want to break, and maybe that's the key to maintaining afterwards.

Did you go to the in-laws, or did you think of a cunning excuse? :)

Ha ha Auburn I blamed it on Freddie! Poor chap! Hubs said I'd been up all night as he was teething and that he would have just screamed through everyone's meal :D It wasn't too far from the truth so I didn't feel too bad! And there was a huge chocolate birthday cake for pudding so I would've been thoroughly miserable!

Been up up half the night with a poorly Mia.....so very tired today but still feeling strong...although very very bloated :( Maybe time to take some senokot!!

Getting very stressed out about the week ahead and our 'big move'. We're allowed to redecorate before we move in but only on Saturday between 9-3:30! That's four rooms to do between the two of us! And then there's the move both of which I'm concerned about surviving on very few calories and food (the right food) is not going to be readily available to me.......wondering whether to just come off plan sat, sun, mon whilst we paint, pack and move and then go back onto it Tuesday..it'll save me a bit of money also , I'm spending a fortune at the mo on things we need for new house and garden plus things for Jacobs bday party which is only five days after we move in! Oh I don't know :eek: I'm doing so well! I guess I only need a few eggs in the eve to make an omelette!!

So after much consideration....on sat, Sunday and Monday I shall be moving up to step 2 to help with the physical side of moving and decorating house (let's face it I was never going to blow it after all this time!) I did look at step 3 but that just looked like too much food! I'll have to face moving through the steps at some point!

So I just have to meal plan really carefully and make sure I have the right foods available to me! Weigh in tomorrow....be great to hit the 2.5. Stone mark...fingers crossed! X

Bah...2.5lb loss at weigh in today which I know is still good but when you're used to 3.5-4lb each week it feels a bit lame! Still mustn't be greedy!! On a positive note I have now entered the 12 stone bracket (just!!) and I am now definitely a size 14 :D

My consultant only ever measures every four weeks so inbetween I have a cheeky measure! I asked hubby last night why my tummy was suddenly bigger than by boobs when two weeks ago my boobs were bigger than my tummy (which hasn't happened in many years!) and he said it was because my boobs have got smaller (trust a man to pay attention to these things!) but he's right! I've lost no more inches off my hips in the last three weeks but a good 2.5 off my bust which is fine but now I'm back to the stage where I'm looking pregnant again!! I can see the weight around my tummy and hips is going to be v v stubborn!!

so final plan for this week after talking to my consultant is......ss+ today! tomorrow, tues and wed and step 2 inbetween on sat sun and mon and hopefully I should stay in ketosis and it won't be such a huge step inbetween stages......I've just had my first proper meal in 8 weeks and omg it was amazeballs! Who knew hard boiled eggs, lettuce and cucumber could taste so amazing!!

you are doing so well keep it up!! I do ss+ every day and I know what u mean by eggs tasting goooooddd :) I think im going to go down to sole source until christening as ive been struggling the past few days and eaten!! so I need to get back into ketosis and eliminate food altogether I think to get that! also its my daughters christening in 10 days and I don't want to be bloated and my husband could tell I was bloated when I ate the other day- been walking loads so hoping that was productive on a positive note though I got into my pre pregnancy shorts last week and ive got them on today and fit better!!! ( they are a size 12!!!!) so should keep me going I think... I think whats happened this week is I forget to have my shakes then im starving and just eat.... that is where I went wrong! :( xx

Yay I found your diary! :D

Good luck with the move m'dear, I hope it is all going OK x

You are really so determined; it's amazing!

Fingers crossed for the move, the decorating, the diet plan and for manageable stress levels!!

Thanks ladies, we move tomorrow so spent most of today and yesterday packing! I must say, I've been on step 2 since yesterday (and ss+ since Thursday) BUT it's making me so much more hungry having that one meal a day :cry: I am going to bed ravenous and waking up ravenous, it's rubbish!!

hubby tried to talk me into stopping CWP yesterday just for the next few days (must've seen me struggling!) but I talked myself into staying with it! But it's v v hard..I just feel if I come off it even for a day I'd make some bad food choices and it'd be so hard to get back on it again. Fingers crossed I can be strong enough to resist because I right now I'm blooming starving! Xxxx

Oh :eek: It all went wrong :cry:I caved! Moving day today and I started with the best of intentions, had my lemon bar at 830 and another at 1130 and two litres of water inbetween but it just didn't hit the spot, by 12pm I was feeling so shaky and dizzy....sooooo many boxes to lift, up and down the stairs 1000 x , step two just wasn't enough and as there was no food in the house I had a KFC for lunch and I've just had two slices of dominos for dinner. But strangely I don't feel too guilty! I've worked my arse off today and I'm proud of having lasted 46 days 100% :D

So I'm going to stay off it tomorrow as still so much more to do and then back to sole source 100% on Wednesday..........I'm still v determined to shift this last two stone so these two days off won't hold me back! Xx

Very well done for doing 46 whole days that's brill !!
I only seam to last 3 weeks at a time
Very good choice to break the diet !! Love KFC
U proberly need more calories all that lifting ect
Hope everything g goes well with the move
Will be hearing off you wed saying a 100%day xx

I'm glad the move went ok. I know when we moved in March I was absolutely exhausted, there is no way I could have done it on CWP.

Good luck for getting back to business on Wednesday :)

Hey ladies! I've been on the Cambridge Diet for 21 days now (literally just counted!).

I started off at 15 stone - it was a lot of excess weight from an enourmous holiday but still I wasn't feeling great. Since the wake up call I've lost 23lbs which is just insane. I've tried really hard to stick to the diet and have only had 2 cheat days. My last cheat day knocked me right out of ketosis and I am feeling pretty awful - literally want to eat the casing of the pack!

Any tips for picking yourself up after a cheat day? Do you think I'm going to gain on my next weigh in (Monday...?) eeeek!!

Hi nikki! If you drink a ton of water between now and then you may save yourself!! Cheat days are v hard to come back from aren't they...but you just need to keep reminding yourself of your end goal.....today is day one for me today after my two day unplanned break!

feel ok, just v v hungry! But no headache or tiredness today, expect that'll come tomorrow ! Weigh in is tomorrow, not overly looking forward to it but actions have consequences!! Xx

Well done for surviving the move! With all the exertion, you probably did need those extra calories. It's no fun running out of energy completely when you have loads to do.

My weigh-in is tomorrow too, and although I started the week with the best of intentions, there have been some days where I've felt so crap and dizzy that I couldn't help eating a bit of something. The scales showed a 1lb loss this morning, but I get weighed in the evening so I suspect I'll stay the same or gain. Bummer.

Fancy being my 100%-all-week buddy? You are far better at being 100% than I am, and I really need the inspiration!

Hi sweetie yes please!! So far so good and even though it's Jacobs third bday this weekend I'm feeling strong and determined! So had a 4lb gain at weigh in but ........her very clever scales said that I'd actually lost 1lb of fat since last week and that what is gained was just over 1lb of muscle and the rest was water...... :rolleyes: So aiming for a great weigh in next week.

On an interesting note she did ask me if I'd ever thought of becoming a consultant?! And sent me home with some info so there some food for thought! I just need to lose another 10lbs to have a bmi of 28 before I would qualify to apply so ................ :eek: :D

You're on then. :) 100% so far today but I find it so hard over the weekend not to eat things. I will be good this weekend though. I will!!

So, so far so good this week....I've had to ss+ it yest and Friday as I felt ravenous but feel no guilt in having an omelette! Today us Jacobs birthday party so will be busy at lunchtime doing the sausage rolls, sausages etc but am quite determined that I won't cheat. Mum has made her amazeballs three tiered Victoria sponge with fresh cream and strawberries which is to die for BUT I won't give in :D I'm determined to get to my bmi of 28 so I can seriously start thinking of being a counsultant....oh and the other goal is that in 4 weeks time I want to have lost another stone....Mia's performing with her theatre school at the bournemouth pavillion, it's a big deal every year and all my ex's family turn up and in previous years I've either been pregnant or fat! So determined this year to be smoking hot :party0011:

Last edited:
You can totally do this Sophie! I hope Jacob has a fun party :)

Thanks Ruthlet! He had a fab time! And I survived! I didn't actually fancy any if the food on the table tbh....a couple of times as I walked past it all I almost grabbed a sausage or some crisps just out of habit! It was like an involuntary hand twitch lol! But in the end I just had some eggs and a few slices of cucumber! Water was down yesterday though....still managed over 2.5 litres but was so busy I didn't meet my normal 3.5-4 litres....buy hey ho! Scales are looking like I've already lost 3 out of the 4 pounds I out on so fingers crossed for Thursday!

Out for for a birthday breakfast at the quay this morning where I shall have just a coffee! And then taking Jacob crabbing for the first time so should be a lovely day!

Back