The epic journey begins!

Well you are a stronger woman than I. This weekend I have been a lot more "picky" than I was when I was working during the week. I need to keep an eye on that. Back in the office tomorrow so will be easier as won't have a fridge full of good to confuse the issue.

I know what you mean about feeling like a different person when you lose weight - it's an amazing feeling! Makes all the hard work worthwhile.

Ok so I thought because I am mentally struggling I would write a quick, short list of the positives of my weight loss......hopefully all different from my last list! So............. :thinking2: 1. I'm enjoying being a size 12 altho still keep picking things up in a 14 'just incase'!! 2. Love my face being thinner, it looks more angular in photos as opposed to a round blob! 3. I bought a pair of shorts today which I would only ever normally wear abroad and certainly not locally where people could see me! 4. I have collarbones! 5. When I lie down my tummy looks flat and I can see my rib cage and hip bones! 6. Tummy has reduced...altho a considerable way to go yet! 7. Starting to get a real thrill out of clothes shopping again instead of 'what can I buy to cover up arms, tummy, bum' 8. Love the fact that Jacob ( Mr.3 year old) can now snuggle up on the settee next to me and still have room.....I used to take most of the settee up before! 9. I'm less physically tired ( I'll always be mentally tired with my crazy family!) 10.im starting to believe people when they give me a compliment :tongue:

I see myself in you so much!! the small losses, the being in a 12 but keep buying 14 (just in case!) haha love that ! Enjoying clothes shopping again, taking compliments! And the best the sod it moments!! Haha

It's my birthday next Friday and I had planned a day off, even at the beginning of the diet I knew i would b enjoying my birthday and I think it's helped me not cheat as it's given me something to look forward too. The only down side is because my losses have been so slow these passed two weeks I don't feel I have the buffer I wanted to be able to gain a couple of pounds if that makes sense?! My scales had dropped another lb this morning so im hoping the increase in water is helping. I would love a 3lb loss at least this week! Xx

Hi everybody how's things?

PrincessAva, I'm always of the opinion that as important as this diet is you still have to live. We all have a choice....so far I've had my sons 3rd bday party and my dads 70th and stayed strong....weighed up the options but at that point wasn't willing to press the pause button...., this time however on the 10th aug, a meal out with hubs is really important to me...we need the child free time and I want to sit and eat with him! It's been almost 4 months! So I'm happy to come off for a day or so....you will gain.....that's a certain..BUT from my experience of my last gain when I moved house and gorged on takeaways for a day and a half pretty much all of it will be water as food is 80% water, so you will lose it the following week as long as you get back on track straight away and still drink as much water as you can even when you're off plan xxxx

Yes I think I will def come off plan for my birthday it's one day a year and I know I will be resentful and peed off if I don't but i WILL get straight back on it the following day :) thank you for your reply xx

Hi everybody how's things? PrincessAva, I'm always of the opinion that as important as this diet is you still have to live. We all have a choice....so far I've had my sons 3rd bday party and my dads 70th and stayed strong....weighed up the options but at that point wasn't willing to press the pause button...., this time however on the 10th aug, a meal out with hubs is really important to me...we need the child free time and I want to sit and eat with him! It's been almost 4 months! So I'm happy to come off for a day or so....you will gain.....that's a certain..BUT from my experience of my last gain when I moved house and gorged on takeaways for a day and a half pretty much all of it will be water as food is 80% water, so you will lose it the following week as long as you get back on track straight away and still drink as much water as you can even when you're off plan xxxx

Hi been having a read of your thread and your doing fab! I like the 'pressing pause' analogy for 'days off plan' sometimes it is worth pausing the diet to press play on social life but then the next day pressing play on weight loss. I like that :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whoop! Whoop! 4lbs off this week...thank you ss+! Thank goodness for that!

So my BMI is 25.9 and I know that when it hits 25 I won't be allowed to do ss or ss+ so I'm going to do sole source for as long as I can before heading onto step 2.......got measured today also and lost another 7 inches so in 14 weeks that's a grand total of 29 inches gone!! Really hoping for the 3lbs next week so I can get my four stone!!! Everyone keep your fingers crossed!

Hi hon! All good thanks....just waiting for my training day to hurry along! Six weeks and counting! :sigh: But just want to crack on really! Then once the training day is over I have a maximum of two weeks to complete an exam online. September is going to be very exciting! How are you pops? X

All good thank you. Had my work trousers taken in last week 4 inches!!! Could not believe it.

Weigh in tomorrow!!

Well done on the loss, must have been a relief to get going again after your slight stall. I envy you as the end is in sight! Have you started thinking about plans for maintenance yet?

Hi goodygoodstuff! No not really lol, I know I'll follow my way up the steps and that once I'm no longer allowed on ss I'll stay on step 2 until I reach goal weight but maintaining wise I think my diet will consist of a lot of protein and low GI carbs...and I'll have one day a week prob a Saturday where if I want a slice of cake I'll have it!! Tbh I can't believe the end is in sight.....I've just plodded along! To get into the ten stone range will be amazing....to reach goal.....I feel like I still can't quite believe it'll happen!

pops how did weigh in go?

this weekend has been fine so far but mentally struggling not having my ss+ meal! I got so used to them last week that it gave me something to really look forward too instead of the same old shakes! So today I had a chicken breast with herbs and spices and some salad and will prob do the same tomorrow but mon through to Thursday I'll try and brave it on ss! Totm started tonight after being over two weeks late but really hoping it doesn't last long as I wanted a good loss this week to get my four stone...fingers crossed! Xxx

Hey. I lost 3kg this week, so 11kg in 4 weeks.

Really can't believe it!!!

I need to get some new clothes as my 22/24 are falling off me :)

That's great news Pops! Well done you! Shopping trips take on a whole new meaning when you lose weight.....you start not having to think about covering up body parts! And start enjoying showing them off....keep going!! Xxxx

So a slightly stressful day so far! A bad night with both boys....so I'm shattered....then Jacob decides to drink some bubble solution and vomit all over the place..then I have Freddie who screams all morning whenever I leave the room because he's teething....I get stuck on the loo for forty minutes severely constipated (sorry for tmi) I'd gone past the point of no return lol, thought I was going to pass out from the exertion of it all! then to top it all off Freddie chocked on a tiny bit of potato and decorated my kitchen and himself with vomit :hide: and that was all by 12pm! I've shouted and I've cried and I've thought of eating chocolate! And it's been a long time since I've thought of eating chocolate to cheer me up....must be a combo of stress hormones and tiredness.....the important thing is I HAVEN'T eaten chocolate :woohoo: but I am blimin starving because due to all of the above I haven't even finished my first litre of water!

So a slightly stressful day so far! A bad night with both boys....so I'm shattered....then Jacob decides to drink some bubble solution and vomit all over the place..then I have Freddie who screams all morning whenever I leave the room because he's teething....I get stuck on the loo for forty minutes severely constipated (sorry for tmi) I'd gone past the point of no return lol, thought I was going to pass out from the exertion of it all! then to top it all off Freddie chocked on a tiny bit of potato and decorated my kitchen and himself with vomit :hide: and that was all by 12pm! I've shouted and I've cried and I've thought of eating chocolate! And it's been a long time since I've thought of eating chocolate to cheer me up....must be a combo of stress hormones and tiredness.....the important thing is I HAVEN'T eaten chocolate :woohoo: but I am blimin starving because due to all of the above I haven't even finished my first litre of water!

Wow you deserve a medal for not caving after all that!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Soph, how are you getting on?

Hi Goody :) Had weigh in this morning, 2.5lbs off which I am happy with but I just missed out on hitting the four stone mark, gah!

But my consultant has these fab scales (which I've probably mentioned before) that show water, muscle and fat as well as weight and it showed that my water was up from last week by half a pound (so that's most likely water retention from time of the month) and that my I'd actually lost 3.5lbs of pure FAT! Which I can believe actually as I've been waiting to fit into a old top....straplesss style, flows out from the waist but even last week it was still a tad too tight on my tummy, put it on today fits perfectly round the tummy, don't look fat in it all but now it's all baggy at the waist lol! So I think the scales are correct!

Am very much looking forward to my afternoon off the diet on Sunday for my date with hubby but I will be straight back on the diet Sunday evening because I'm a good girl!!

Hope me you're ok? And everybody else who appears on my page? Xxxxx

That's good work on the fat Loss! I have those sort of scales too. They are great for decoding the scales!! I have been cheating with nuts and peanut butter but no carbs. That is stopping and I am having a week completely on the Ss+ plan. I know I wouldn't be able to do SS so no point setting myself up for failure!! Happy with my weight loss so far 13lbs in 3 weeks. 7 weeks until I go on holiday. Still work to be done but taking it one day at a time!
Enjoy your afternoon off the diet, just don't go crazy and you will be fine getting back on track. X

Back