The final stone brigade - join in anytime

Evening ladies!! I have my weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I will be on my way to losing that final 1stone 2lbs!! Been reading the posts on this thread all week but I have had a rather boring week so not had anything to post!! Just wanted to let you no that I still want to be a rectruitee (sp!) of the final stone brigade, lol!!

7 weeks tomorrow of doing 100% ss!! Dont no how I have survived, lol!!

Question for anyone who can help me!!
?? My original goal was 9 stone 7lbs but now I am fast approaching that I am thinking that I would prefer to weigh around 9 stone due to the fact that I am still quite "big" despite losing 2 stone! So my question is, when I have finished my 12 weeks SS and I have my week break doing 810, can I go back onto SS for 3/4 weeks even though my BMI will be under 25??

Hope that made sense!! Thanks in advance xxx

Yay Trisha. How's the breath? ;)

Join in any time Kylie. Once your BMI is below 25, you must do 810 or a higher plan to help prevent muscle wastage.

I just had a wobble as I'm home alone but decided to put on my still too tight but getting there size 12 jeans. That stopped the cravings quite quickly for some reason. :rolleyes:

Well done Trisha, sounds like doing SS+ suits you. It's a good stepping stone before you go up to 810 - to begin with l found the quantity of protein type foods on 810 quite large and a lot to get through.

Kyliet, welcome, you are doing great. :)

hi everyone

my breath - you don't want to know its dreadful! using a breath freshner at work, I feel sorry for the kids I work with lol

Kylie, like lawyer says you need to be on 810 if your bmi is below 25

Disney I think the protein seems quite a lot on ss+ I don't eat meat so alternating between Tuna and cottage cheese at the moment,as I don't like quorn etc and I don't like "fish" but don't mind tuna

Lawyergirl, well done in not giving in to the wobble. Won't be long until the jeans fit you - great motivation.

I bought a pair of jeans in Next sale last May or June (couple of months after l started CD), at the time l couldn't pull them up over my thighs, now l can zip them up, although they are still just slightly tight on the waist/hips, but l'm sure they'll fit comfortably when l get to my goal weight. I've promised myself a shopping trip to Glasgow city centre when they fit, l'm going to wear them for the first time that day - can't wait. :)

Does anyone else find their brain seems slower when on this diet?
Yep, l've found that, wonder if it's to do with the low carbs? I forget where l put things or forget what l was going to do a lot these days, fortunately l mostly work from home, so nobody else notices (apart from my family), my 13 year old daughter is always joking me about it. I made sandwiches for my son's school packed lunch last night, put the sandwiches in the fridge, but this morning l found the rest of the pack of ham in the bread bin. :eek: I do stuff like that a lot.

I always get more emotional on CD (is that just me too?)
My husband blames the diet if l get crabbit. :rolleyes:

I'll be moving up the steps my own way. It will be mostly like Cambridge but a few small changes.
I think if you still stick to the principles of the CD steps/re-feed it should work the same. Some of the recipes in the CD book l like, but others l know l won't.

Someone on here (not naming any names ;)) said you may be able to restore your metabolic rate faster with a high carb/low fat diet eating over your BMR but she hasn't replied to my question yet. Haven't had any luck finding things on Google about it but was interested.
That's really interesting, if you find out more about it please let us know. I must say l still miss carbs (ie pasta) sometimes.

Last edited:
Thanks Disney. The jeans fit well enough now and OH thinks they are fine ;) but they 'should' be too big not just fitting. I'm glad they are wearable though.

Great news on your jeans. I think they'll be too big by the time you get to goal. It's great to feel the change isn't it. It helps my head to catch up with the loss. Look forward to hearing the results on the spree.

I'm sure glycogen helps to feed the brain. I lost my keys this morning. It took me 1.5 hours to find them and they were in my bedroom. :eek:

I'll let you know if I hear more about the high carb thing. I love bread, rice, pasta, couscous, oats etc. I can't wait to eat them again!

The rather poorly birthday boy has just woken up so I better go see what he needs.

Look forward to hearing the results on the spree.
Let's hope the rate of inflation stays fairly low, otherwise time it's taking me prices will have went up by the time l get to goal. LOL :rolleyes:

I'm sure glycogen helps to feed the brain. I lost my keys this morning. It took me 1.5 hours to find them and they were in my bedroom. :eek:
Drives you demented when something like that happens doesn't it?
There's been a few times l've nearly went out the house without any keys, once l did & couldn't get back in, fortunately my husband had his at work.

The rather poorly birthday boy has just woken up so I better go see what he needs.
Hope your OH feels better soon. Maybe you could offer him a CD shake. :D

hey I forget things as well, thought it was an age thing lol I used to have a really good memory but now its dreadful.

lawyergirl I'd be interested in the high carb thing as well keep us informed.

Let's hope the rate of inflation stays fairly low, otherwise time it's taking me prices will have went up by the time l get to goal. LOL :rolleyes:
LOL. Hope so too and lots of interest free credit cards.

LOL at your key stories too. Our room has a lock on it (flatshare) and the other day I closed the door from the inside with the key still in the door and it locked! Fortunately housemate and OH were both home but it took a while to persuade them to let me out.

Hope your OH feels better soon. Maybe you could offer him a CD shake. :D
I don't love him that much. :D We have a soppy joke about him loving me more than he loves pancakes and me loving him more than apple sauce but I told him the other day when he tried to eat my chocolate MAM, I didn't love him more than that.

hey I forget things as well, thought it was an age thing lol I used to have a really good memory but now its dreadful.

lawyergirl I'd be interested in the high carb thing as well keep us informed.
If it is age as well, then there's no hope for me. I will have to have a sticker on my head saying 'Please return me to _____' with my address on it. I am not sure I am going to get a reply anytime soon.

He's asleep again so I'm going to work for an hour or two. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow.

kylie - wowo you have lost loads in 7 weeks. any tips? do you do ss or ss+ and how much water do you drink??

hi all, weigh in tomorrow and lost nothing, nada, zilch.. pppfffttt! so i cant change my stats this week.... hopefully if you can bear with me i will lose SOMETHING next week.

pls send me some CD dust so that the CD fairy visits me overnight. i'd be happy even with a pound...... sad, sad, sad...

i'd be happy even with a pound...... sad, sad, sad...

I'm the same Leeds, lost nothing this week so far, my weigh-in is Friday too, disheartening isn't it, but we WON'T give up, never!

Hope you and everyone else has a good day.

Hi leeds! I am doing SS 100% and I drink 3 litres of water each day! Lost another 4lbs today so I am now weighing as much as I did when I was 18!! So happy!!

Thanks for the advice about moving up the plans when I hit BMI 25! Saw my CDC an hour ago and hadnt been on her so I asked her and she told me exactly the same :) xx

Kyliet, 4lbs - wow! well done. :)

well done kylie!

disney - do not give in!!! its horrid to pay so much and eat so little to simply stay the same, but i think of it as a way of our body to catch up with the losses.

Having meal on fri and sat this weekend so willtry and make right choices. also, its mothers day soon so will have to have a meal then too.....good luck ladies!

well done kylie thats a great loss

had another good day not going to weighin until sunday though.

when I got in from work dh is home feeling ill, and unable to eat, so his just had one of my shakes,

hi all, weigh in tomorrow and lost nothing, nada, zilch.. pppfffttt! so i cant change my stats this week.... hopefully if you can bear with me i will lose SOMETHING next week.

pls send me some CD dust so that the CD fairy visits me overnight. i'd be happy even with a pound...... sad, sad, sad...
Oh Leeds. Weeks like this are just mean. Are your clothes fitting better or do you measure yourself? You've still got a few hours, and maybe your consultant's scales will be different?

I'm the same Leeds, lost nothing this week so far, my weigh-in is Friday too, disheartening isn't it, but we WON'T give up, never!

Hope you and everyone else has a good day.
Hang in there Disney. You've got the right attitude.

Hi leeds! I am doing SS 100% and I drink 3 litres of water each day! Lost another 4lbs today so I am now weighing as much as I did when I was 18!! So happy!!

xx
Yay! :D

well done kylie!
disney - do not give in!!! its horrid to pay so much and eat so little to simply stay the same, but i think of it as a way of our body to catch up with the losses.

Having meal on fri and sat this weekend so willtry and make right choices. also, its mothers day soon so will have to have a meal then too.....good luck ladies!
Did you eat last week Leeds? My losses started off really slowly and I'm wondering if my body (which I have really abused with binging and then CD twice before!) must have got really annoyed and tried to hold onto the weight. In two weeks that weren't TOTM, I only lost 1.5lbs! Enjoy your meals though.

well done kylie thats a great loss

had another good day not going to weighin until sunday though.

when I got in from work dh is home feeling ill, and unable to eat, so his just had one of my shakes,
Hope dh feels better soon. It was nice of you to give your dh a shake.

I feel like I have lost some weight today. I can see it in my face. Stomach feels heavy but that could be PMT. Seeing some colleagues tomorrow that I've not seen for a while. Last time I saw them I was about 2 stone heavier than I am but the time before that I was 1 stone lighter than I am now. Rollercoaster much? :rolleyes:

Quiet here last night. Is everyone okay?

OH finds out today about a secondment to his company's head office in America. If he does, then I'm going too. We don't think the move will be until May but details will be revealed today.

Happy Friday!

hello all!!! i lost 1lbs which is a miracle as i thought iwould lose nothing. also, weighing a day early this week as have meal tonght. its a set meal curry so cant really choose but am hoping to leave lots on my plate. am sure that if i had not had meal tonight and weighed tomorrow will have lost another pound or two but never mind. its good to lose.

lawyer - i do feel lighter and wonder if i am losing inches . my face s a lot thinner this week so hope i can lose more than 1lbs next week although it is TOM. its hard and i have been SO good this week. prob is i havent had a proper 7 day full run for a while. this week i have a meal and next sunday its mothers day. but from them i have a clear run to goal and cant complain if i am actually eating most weeks.

i could have done it faster but there have been unavoidable events and meals and in a way i am glad i have incorporated food as it has made my food choices healthier and when i do come off plan i have no qualms about startig again the next day. good luck for this week ladies. for me its 1lb down and 13lbs to go!

Hi Leeds,

I couldn't imagine going in and out of ketosis, dealing with the weight gain/loss each week. It's the bit after losing the weight that's the challenge and good luck to you with your plan :D

I had a tough day today. We had a seminar with some of the most delicious buffet food I've seen for a while. It probably looked even better because I was on the diet but am glad I didn't give in. Tomorrow is a big get together and I won't be eating at the restaurant, or the home baked foods everyone is bringing to the afterparty. I'll just keep telling myself it's only food and to focus on the company. 2 weeks and 5 days to go tomorrow, and tomorrow is WI day.

OH got the secondment so we're moving to America. I've been there loads of times but the company want him to move around Easter! :eek: It's going to be crazy for the next few weeks but we think we are going to do it. Reality hasn't quite sunk in.

Noone commented on my weight loss today which made me happy. Noone knows I'm on the diet this time and most people don't notice weight gain/loss in me as much as I notice it in others.

Back