The FlabFighters! - July Challenge

Hi, thanks for adding me to your group, I would like to set my target for 10 pounds for the next 18 days as its my first week hoping to lose a little more, although not sure cos I've fallen off the band wagon a couple of times this week.
Your right I really cant beleive that you can eat as much pasta as you like and still lose weight does it really work.
Thanks its nice to know that the help and support is here.
Sam x

Hey Sam, will update your target, it sounds good! Hoping you get the newbie luck of a big loss in your first week!

Oooh, how bad have the falls been? Equivalent to scrapes and little cuts or big bruises and sprained joints? Because if they were just like little scrapes and cuts, remember, they will go away very fast, and if you don't think about them, you probably won't even notice they're there. Dust yourself off and try again, get back on the bandwagon! An extra syn one day can be made better, reduce syns for the rest of the week or get some body magic done!

In the case of slightly more painful falls, take care of yourself until WI so you have no visible scars, no extra lbs on that scale. You fell once, and hard. So what? You can still lose! Just get back on track, again reducing syns for the rest of the week, and step your game up! You're not paying £4.95 a week for joke love! :D

Hope you haven't felt offended by anything I've said... I have a tendency to make things into metaphors so you can see let-downs from a different perspective, and sometimes I may not make much sense :eek: lol, but I think it helps :)

xxxxxx

10st10lbs - 6.5lbs to lose, 3.5lbs lost!
happyhippo - 7lbs to lose, 1lb lost!
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose, 2lb lost!
cantstopgaining - 7lbs to lose, 1lb lost!
emily87 - 8lbs to lose, 2.5lbs lost!
Dumpylump - 5.5lbs to lose, 2.5lbs lost!
Shrinking_Bev - 5.5lbs to lose, 4.5lbs lost!
foodjunkie10 - 0.5lbs to lose, 5.5lbs lost!
francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
RubyMoss - 6lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
MazzyStar - 3lbs to lose, 5lbs lost!
DonnaP - 5lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose
honey74 - 6.5lbs to lose, 1.5lb lost!
Teresa32uk - 3lbs to lose, 4lbs lost!
clean-aholic - 8lbs to lose
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!
thescaleslie - 7lbs to lose, 1.5lb lost.
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
AlicePalice - 6lbs to lose, 3.5lbs lost!
krupskaya - 5lbs to lose, 5lb lost!
EmMUK - 20lbs to lose, 11lbs lost!
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
GemmaB1984
Hathor - 9lbs to lose, 6lbs lost!
Sam - 10lbs to lose

just wanted to say well done to everyone on your losses so far!! :D i on the other hand got a STS this week urghh but i did have a bit of a naughty (planned) weekend so only have myself to blame! bring on next week!! :) xx

This is weird...I've suddenly lost confidence in my weight loss. No explanation for it. Its suddenly got hard to stick to the diet but before it wasn't.

I'm quite obsessive and I have started to complicate things. I keep thinking "if I eat that.....I won't lose 3lbs this week" but I even think that about free foods. :(

Also I've been doing more exersize and now I'm pressuring myself to do some because if I don't, I will lose control and my weight loss will stop.

Help anyone?
x

This is weird...I've suddenly lost confidence in my weight loss. No explanation for it. Its suddenly got hard to stick to the diet but before it wasn't.

I'm quite obsessive and I have started to complicate things. I keep thinking "if I eat that.....I won't lose 3lbs this week" but I even think that about free foods. :(

Also I've been doing more exersize and now I'm pressuring myself to do some because if I don't, I will lose control and my weight loss will stop.

Help anyone?
x

dont panic!! we all go through little rough patches where you start to doubt the plan, and im pretty sure nearly everyone has thought at one point or another "how the hell can i eat all this and still lose weight?!" but the fact of the matter is that if you stick to the plan it does work :):) if you have previously done other "diets" then the free food concept is hard to grasp especially if you're a bit carb-phobic ;) all i can say, is eat plenty of free food, plenty of superfree, have your healthy extras every day and use up most of your syns every day and you will see results! i promise!! :D dont pressure yourself too hard, and dont go too hard on the exercise straight away have a few weeks without it and see how you go, you might find that exercising can slow down your losses (fat > muscle) good luck keep at it!! xx

francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
GemmaB1984 - 4lbs to lose, 3.5lbs lost!
Sam - 10lbs to lose

just wanted to say well done to everyone on your losses so far!! :D i on the other hand got a STS this week urghh but i did have a bit of a naughty (planned) weekend so only have myself to blame! bring on next week!! :) xx

As long as you know what you're going to do to make it better, you have nothing to worry about :) And it's not like you caused yourself any damage, so you have nothing to reverse! Hoping for a loss for you next week xxx

hey every1 had my first weigh in and i lost 3 and a halfpounds am sooooooooooo happy lol, im going to aim to lose another 4lb by the time the month is out, x

Hey Gemma, well done! Have updated your loss and your target, hope you can achieve it and maybe a little more ;) Keep up the hard work! xxx

Help anyone?
x

You've had brilliant losses so far and you have so much confidence in your ability to lose that you wanted to increase your target. Relax, don't see food as a threat, be it free, superfree, or synned. You don't always need to lose 3lbs, though I know bigger losses make everyone feel so much better about themselves.

Regarding exercise, don't pressurise yourself - I bet you're thinking 'it's easy for her to sit there and say that, she doesn't understand how I'm feeling', but I do. A few weeks in a row, I had 2.5lb losses, while running around 60km a week. The week I didn't run, I lost 1lb. This week, I've been pushing myself to exercise, run walk jog whatever, just so I can see a bigger loss on Thursday at WI. I haven't done as much this week as I did in my best weeks, but have done abs workout DVDs and have tried to stick to under 10 syns a day on Green. I've learnt that visibly losing inches and feeling a bit more energetic outweighs the feeling of elation I was overwhelmed with when I stepped on the scales and had a 2.5lb loss. So what, I only lost 1lb? Since last Thursday, I've had 5 different people tell me, see me every few days anyway, that it looks as though I've lost weight. That feeling of self-pride, that's priceless.

Be strong, believe in yourself, believe in SW and in your ability to stick to it. If you're really worried about gaining even when eating free foods, eat some superspeed foods. Make a superspeed soup, or have some melon and strawberries. Satisfy your appetite, give your body a rest from the exercise, drink plenty of water (boosts weightloss very muchly) and don't be so hard on yourself. You're human, you're trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi 10st 10lbs, Yeah unfortunately my falls have been bad, and I have been feeling bad about it and let it affect me this morning by not being careful, but after reading your post I realised I mustn't let a bad day turn into a week, I really want this to work this time and have spent so long dieting on all different diets that have worked but I have put weight back on so I am going to stick to this as best i can and if I do fall I will pick myself back up again and keep plodding along and enjoying life while I'm at it, thank you you've really change the way I felt about the diet this morning, I hope my motivation continues but i'm sure with the help of you all i can succeed, and no you don't offend me I would much rather people were honest,
Samx

francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose, 3lb lost
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
Sam - 10lbs to lose

Hi guys, just back from weigh in I lost 2 lbs this week, a bit dissapointing considering it was my first week but i hadn't been to good so not to bad a loss. will do better next week, hoping for 3pounds. Samx

francesc - 1.5lbs lost!
Carolinep - 8lbs to lose, 3lb lost
Chickyb16 - 7lbs
Rowena - 10lbs to lose
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose
Sam - 8lbs to lose, 2lbs lost!

Hi 10st 10lbs, Yeah unfortunately my falls have been bad, and I have been feeling bad about it and let it affect me this morning by not being careful, but after reading your post I realised I mustn't let a bad day turn into a week, I really want this to work this time and have spent so long dieting on all different diets that have worked but I have put weight back on so I am going to stick to this as best i can and if I do fall I will pick myself back up again and keep plodding along and enjoying life while I'm at it, thank you you've really change the way I felt about the diet this morning, I hope my motivation continues but i'm sure with the help of you all i can succeed, and no you don't offend me I would much rather people were honest,
Samx

Hi guys, just back from weigh in I lost 2 lbs this week, a bit dissapointing considering it was my first week but i hadn't been to good so not to bad a loss. will do better next week, hoping for 3pounds. Samx

Hey again Sam, I'm glad that what I said made you feel better, I just hope you think of how you felt this morning when you said I changed the way you thought about the diet. 2lbs is a brilliant loss for your first week, I know you hear stories of people losing 6lb and you think 'WOW!' but we're all different. I gained half a lb in my first week, haha, so be happy! I'm rooting for your 3lb loss next week :) and let's hope I get atleast 2.5 tomorrow so I can get my 1 stone sticker!

Goodnight my lovelies *MWAH!*

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dont panic!! we all go through little rough patches where you start to doubt the plan, and im pretty sure nearly everyone has thought at one point or another "how the hell can i eat all this and still lose weight?!" but the fact of the matter is that if you stick to the plan it does work :):) if you have previously done other "diets" then the free food concept is hard to grasp especially if you're a bit carb-phobic ;) all i can say, is eat plenty of free food, plenty of superfree, have your healthy extras every day and use up most of your syns every day and you will see results! i promise!! :D dont pressure yourself too hard, and dont go too hard on the exercise straight away have a few weeks without it and see how you go, you might find that exercising can slow down your losses (fat > muscle) good luck keep at it!! xx

Thank you Emma Louise. You make a good point about the exersize! I shouldn't pressure myself because this has to be a lifestyle choice, not a quick fix or I won't stick to it.
xxx

You've had brilliant losses so far and you have so much confidence in your ability to lose that you wanted to increase your target. Relax, don't see food as a threat, be it free, superfree, or synned. You don't always need to lose 3lbs, though I know bigger losses make everyone feel so much better about themselves.

Regarding exercise, don't pressurise yourself - I bet you're thinking 'it's easy for her to sit there and say that, she doesn't understand how I'm feeling', but I do. A few weeks in a row, I had 2.5lb losses, while running around 60km a week. The week I didn't run, I lost 1lb. This week, I've been pushing myself to exercise, run walk jog whatever, just so I can see a bigger loss on Thursday at WI. I haven't done as much this week as I did in my best weeks, but have done abs workout DVDs and have tried to stick to under 10 syns a day on Green. I've learnt that visibly losing inches and feeling a bit more energetic outweighs the feeling of elation I was overwhelmed with when I stepped on the scales and had a 2.5lb loss. So what, I only lost 1lb? Since last Thursday, I've had 5 different people tell me, see me every few days anyway, that it looks as though I've lost weight. That feeling of self-pride, that's priceless.

Be strong, believe in yourself, believe in SW and in your ability to stick to it. If you're really worried about gaining even when eating free foods, eat some superspeed foods. Make a superspeed soup, or have some melon and strawberries. Satisfy your appetite, give your body a rest from the exercise, drink plenty of water (boosts weightloss very muchly) and don't be so hard on yourself. You're human, you're trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow thanks. You are right about feeling better - people have already asked me have I lost weight. I should just feel happy that I'm on the road and as long as I stay on this road (even losing 1lb a week) the weight will be off in a relatively short amount of time.

Feeling better today, thanks to you. :)

I might start a food diary on here and put in my exersize too. I did a half hour aerobics dvd this morning so I'm feeling virtuous! lol
x

Bahhhh, 1lb on :( And I don't know if I can blame it on weekbeforeperiod or weekofperiod because I can't even remember when mine is!

Will go back to EE this week I think... Although, sod's law will probably kick in and no one else in the house will feel like eating meat all week, so we won't cook any, and I'll end up on another Green week.

I can't help but feel slightly disappointed. Off to update my current weight and user title :(

Ali xxx

Back