The Harcombe Diet - My food Diary

Redpam

Living the Life
I am on week 6 on following THD. I thought I would start a food diary. If we all do this we can get ideas from each other about what to eat.

So Friday 29th October, my menu is:

B. Scrambled eggs and bacon
L. Veggie soup, turkey salad with coleslaw. 2 strawberries (from the garden lol)
D. Beef in red wine casserole with sprouts and green beans.

Food wise I am ine but I do know I have been having too much alcohol this week.:(

Pam

Fancy seeing you here Pammy !!

Beef in red wine sounds lush !!!

It was, both yesterday and today. I did it in the slow cooker for the first time.

A slight change to dinner because of someones behaviour. I had roasted veggies instead of the sprouts and green beans.

Pam xxx

Do i want to know what happened ? LOL
we had roast veg tonight but i sat some lamb steaks on the top while they were roasting and sprinkled the lot with rosemary -twas yummy !

Do i want to know what happened ? LOL
we had roast veg tonight but i sat some lamb steaks on the top while they were roasting and sprinkled the lot with rosemary -twas yummy !

Lol, You can guess as there is still one portion left.

Oooh, that sounds yummy. I have some lamb steaks in the freezer so will have to try that.

xxx

Hi Pam, looking forward to following your new diary ......I need all the help and support I can get! Christmas is 8 weeks tomorrow, would love to be able to have lost a stone (if not more!!)

Hi Pam, looking forward to following your new diary ......I need all the help and support I can get! Christmas is 8 weeks tomorrow, would love to be able to have lost a stone (if not more!!)

I am sure you will have lost more than a stone before Christmas, Caroline.

xxx

Right... after a bad few weeks I am back on track.Havnt put any weight on but feel bloated and uncomfortable. Doing Phase 1 til the weekend.

Breakfast NLY
Lunch Homemade tomato soup
Supper Chicken thigh and lots of veg

Is it ok for me to log my food here or do I have to start my own thread????

Of course you can if you want to. We could change the title to Pam and Sams food diaries. ;)

xxx

My menu Saturday:

B. Scrambled egg and bacon
L. Tuna and salad
S. Strawberry tart :eek:
D. Tuna mayonnaise

My menu Sunday:

B. Porridge
L. Cheese and olives, Steak in green pepper sauce with migas and salad. Small slice of halloween bread. 2 glasses of red wine, 1 skinny cappuccino
D. Nada.

I shall not be having any more milk because I had terrible stomach cramps again last night which kept me awake. I obviously have a food intolerance there although cream and cheese cause no problems. It must be the carbs in milk.

My menu today:

B. Eggs and bacon
L. Veggie soup, bacon, onion and pepper frittata.

D. Not sure could be chicken stew or turkey salad.

My Mums menu today:

B. Porridge cooked in water with a small amount of sweetener.
L. Same as mine
D. Chicken stew (her favourite).

Thanks Pam..maybe I should start a thread at some stage... Or...maybe someone can pop a Harcombe Diet thread on here for everyone to add food from that day? I am just not sure how to start one lol... Sounds like you are still doing very well... Kx

Sam...To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button
newthread.gif

You will find the 'new thread' button on the top and bottom of each thread beside the post reply button.

Hope that helps?

Hi Pam, your meals look great (whats migas though?)

Sam25, I posted a Harcombe thread a few days saying I was starting today (I haven't though oops!!!) I'm really interested in what all the Harcombe dieters are eating too, so I shall change the title to encourage everyone to list their daily meals (there is an Atkins thread that does this already) So please feel free to let us know on there what you are eating and then hopefully if we go wrong Pam and MommyB can pull us up and point us in the right direction!

Ok I've started a new thread......but, because I'm not starting now till tomorrow I need someone to be 1st to tell us about their meals for today............please

Grr! I just posted a long post and lost it again. I keep having this happen.

Caroline, Sam25 was the first person to do THD here and recommended it to me I expect she could give us all some advice.;)

Migas is a Portuguese dish the main constituent o which is very inely chopped kale. It is delicious.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Pam

Apologies Sam, I didn't know you had already been on the diet ....I've not long been back on Minimims site after a few months away so am not up to date with everyone! x
Pam, do you thicken your chicken stew? If so what do you use?

Pam I think it's great that your mum is joining us !!
Thanks, Jane

I weighed her this morning and she has not put on as much weight as we thought she had. But with her bad knees she could do with losing two stone. She has been fine today. She has said what she is eating now is not that different to what normally has except for no cake.:(

xxx

Apologies Sam, I didn't know you had already been on the diet ....I've not long been back on Minimims site after a few months away so am not up to date with everyone! x
Pam, do you thicken your chicken stew? If so what do you use?

Caroline, the chicken stew I made today was made from the leftovers of roast chicken so I simmered that in some stock first. I took the chicken out of the stock and added chopped vegetables and some of my vegetable soup so that thickened it. I then boned the chicken and added the meat to the vegetables. But would do the same with fresh chicken too. It does not need any flour to thicken it.

Good luck tomorrow.

Pamxxx

Back