the "i want to lose 50lb by 2011" thread

Well done babes, I have been soooooo bad. Have come to the conclusion that I am easily led as I am so disciplined when my o/h is offshore but as soon as he gets home I go off and eat what he has. We are still fairly good (no high fats etc) but no way as good as I should have been. We went to Stonehaven today and I had the biggest ice-cream I have seen in my life!! It was lovely but I did not need it.

I know I have put on a few pounds again so have not weight myself as I do not want that failure frame of mind so will weigh in next week once I'm back on track.

Hi everyone, I just realised I didn't mention my little 0.5 loss last week so with this weeks 5.5 I'm up to 26lbs on this challenge. Getting there!

o_O colly that dress is so pretty! I bet you looked amazing in it :D

well done laura, you're really getting there!!

i've been good all week now,woo go me lol.

and hanz oh the dress is a miracle dress, it made me feel fab (or as fab as one can feel while carrying so much excess weight!!!)

ronsy OMG you totally went to auntie bettys didnt you?! i am salivating at the very thought, mmm tablet ice cream with hot fudge sauce mmm. maybe if i close my eyes and keep eating my grapes it will taste just like it.. ... ... :break_diet:

well done!! over a stone, woo hoo!

i've not been weighing because i get obsessed over numbers. im going to *try* and just weigh once a month.

Colly,Im giving my scales to my mum,
have been weighing myself several times a day,
and it messes with your head,
will only get weighed at sw or docs from here on in.

yup definitely, i obsess over it and it winds up that im 2lb up for whatever reason and i decide its not worth it and go for a takeaway. i'm better to not know, and see once a month if im on the right tracks.

1lb down tonight, so 13lb in total for this challenge so far.. not tobad :D August is being a slow month as i have so much going on so just going with the flow!

well done both, hanz no matter how small the loss, its a step in the right direction! and you're doing really well.

i've still not weighed, i've been being so-so, i'm off work at the moment, i finally ran myself into the ground and my glands are up, my voice is going, my ear and throat are killing me. had so much stress lately. urgghhh. :(

well done on hitting the 100lb mark by the way laura!! didnt even clock that. and thanks. for months now i've been stressed and exhausted yet still trying to run around keeping everyone happy, the last few days just feels like my body is rebelling against me!! i actually went to work yesterday even though i didn't feel up to it and they told me i was a funny colour and go home in case its contagious. charming lot!

also my hair has been falling out. it's a vicious circle cause the more i realise it, the more distressed i get, and the more comes out. booo. as if i don't already feel unattractive enough y'know? :( :(

Hey Colly,

Everything ok? you been docs? worried about you xxx

hey nee, no i've not been to the docs, i avoid them unless i'm pretty much at deaths door, lucky if the doctor sees me within the calendar year cause i just plain don't like them.

i'm just run down, my grans still really ill and i think the whole family are feeling the strain, she's at home and needing 24 hour care but the council won't pay for anything more than 3x half hour nurse sessions a day. so my (frail) grandad is having to care for her full time and he's not coping, i work full time and am 40 miles away from her and feel very pressurised to be up there every time i'm not at work, i'm behind on eeeeverything at home and i'm exhausted. when i am at home i have so much to do to try and catch up, o/h is always needing lifts places as he doesnt drive and i do, its really getting me down as i just need a rest and i don't feel like i ever get it. there is not a single day when i can truly relax, you know? i get pressure from every aspect of my life. then i'm not eating properly until night then just binging cause im down and i'm exhausted and i don't know how to get rid of that feeling other than to eat, then i obviously dont lose weight, then i feel even more down and it's a vicious circle. i've been ill for a while if i'm being honest but i'm just getting worse and worse, i'd sleep every moment i'm awake at the moment. i'm so tired i can't sleep though, which sounds stupid. my glands are up, my ears hurt, my throat hurts, my gums hurt, i just feel rotten in general. right now i want to curl up into a little ball and sleep until i'm ready to face the world again :cry:

hey nee, no i've not been to the docs, i avoid them unless i'm pretty much at deaths door, lucky if the doctor sees me within the calendar year cause i just plain don't like them.

i'm just run down, my grans still really ill and i think the whole family are feeling the strain, she's at home and needing 24 hour care but the council won't pay for anything more than 3x half hour nurse sessions a day. so my (frail) grandad is having to care for her full time and he's not coping, i work full time and am 40 miles away from her and feel very pressurised to be up there every time i'm not at work, i'm behind on eeeeverything at home and i'm exhausted. when i am at home i have so much to do to try and catch up, o/h is always needing lifts places as he doesnt drive and i do, its really getting me down as i just need a rest and i don't feel like i ever get it. there is not a single day when i can truly relax, you know? i get pressure from every aspect of my life. then i'm not eating properly until night then just binging cause im down and i'm exhausted and i don't know how to get rid of that feeling other than to eat, then i obviously dont lose weight, then i feel even more down and it's a vicious circle. i've been ill for a while if i'm being honest but i'm just getting worse and worse, i'd sleep every moment i'm awake at the moment. i'm so tired i can't sleep though, which sounds stupid. my glands are up, my ears hurt, my throat hurts, my gums hurt, i just feel rotten in general. right now i want to curl up into a little ball and sleep until i'm ready to face the world again :cry:

Oh hun, sounds pretty crap for you at the min, there is no suprise your feeling run down, but you have to think of you and your health, I also hate doctors but every now and then you have to go and get checked out, by letting your body run down, your mind will also be low and the two together isnt a great mix.

Try taking food with you so you can eat on the go, which might help with bingeing at night, and tell your OH to use buses ha ha :) Obviously with your Gran, every minute with them is valuable and I think thats so sweet that your doing everything that you can, but they would probably be upset if they knew you were in such a state, mind you I would do exactly the same given the chance

Keep your gorgeous chin up hun, Im here is you need me

xx

thank you very much sweets...i'm sure i'll be my usual self again soon, i just need a break! life gets so demanding sometimes xx

Make sure you get that break lady and relax xx

Morning Hun,

how are you feeling?

Hope you have had a chance to chill out abit

xxxx

Back