The Jiggery Pokery Team - Team 2

LOL aw bless ya i thought the strawberry and vanilla might have been nice. I am starving tonight LIKE LOADS!!! i just wanna eat everything!! :( I made andreas tea it was my fav Chicken korma with nain bread and i just wanted to eat it all :( I am now left feeling sooo hungry. I didnt have any tho which i am happy about, i am munching on my bar feeling sorry for myself. Drinking 1lr of water. :( ~sobs~
xxxx

Aw Tasha hope you survived the night. I was starting to get annoyed because I couldn't get on here. For some reason the site wouldn't load up. Hopefully you'll be okay today.

I've managed to have 1litre of water so far and one shake. I'm off to get some more water just now. It's snowing like mad outside and the last thing I feel like is drinking cold water. I might actually have some hot sunshine orange instead.

I was also going to go to the gym today, but I think I'm going to give it a miss because of the weather. I don't mind getting snowed in, but getting snowed out is not good.

I hope everyone has a good day xxx

hey hey ladies! just checkin in!!
how u all getting on today?
ive had my choc mint shake - hot - yum yum and my chocolate tetra (frozen as a RARE treat :p) and plan on having my vanilla shake for dinner! the dessert at dinner tonight is chocolate gateau :( will have to run away as soon as possible to bath the baby or something! cant take challenge of denying that one!!!

roll on 100% :D

xcx

:rolleyes:I didn't make it to the gym today, it's snowed all day long. Fortunately it hasn't laid like it did the last time. I've spent most of the day dashing upstairs to the loo, but for the 2nd day in a row I've managed to drink 4l of :tear_drop:water, yay:D.

Today I've had a really long hard think about why I'm doing this:thinking2:. I even wrote out a pro's and con's list. Needless to say the pro's outweighed the con's. I've taken all my skinny clothes out of the wardrobe and tried them on (I've got some way to go yet, but not as much as I thought).

Wednesday evenings are my weakness:(, I know that after I've been weighed I've got a whole week to get back on track if I slip up. So this has been the night where I've sneaked the odd thing in.:ashamed0005:

SO that has to stop!!!:ignore: I realised when I got on the scales on Thursday morning (yep I've dragged them back out) that I'd put 2lbs back on, so what I thought were only small losses are actually bigger than I thought because I have the extra cheat weight to get off as well as losing more:scale:. Now that I've cottoned onto this fact I'm going to have to make a massive effort on a Wednesday night to not treat cheat.:snooty:

Sorry about the essay, but I felt like I needed to own up to what I've been doing and put an end to it once and for all!!!

Aw hun you have done so well you dont need that treat on a wednesday night because your treat will be getting to goal.

I am good at the advice but no so good at following it :( I didnt have anything last night and was soooo good and was very proud of myself but today i went for a meal and while all my friends sat and ate something i sat with my water and was very good. Untill i got home and was so hungry that i ended up eating a whole 380g bag of chicken and a whole bag of lettace. I am stuffed to the point of being sick and i have no idea why i wanted it or why i wanted so much i cant really work it out. I am gutted :( I have no food packs today so i wont be having any i am so full :( xxx

Hey peeps,

just checking in and unfortunately to report that my 30% day on Thursday turned into a 0% day friday saturday and today and will be back on track tomorrow.

I dont know why I self sabotage either - Im a bit like you tasha - I have done exactly what you did today in the past - unfortunately Im not as wise as KD and dont know why I did it either - but you have to look on the bright side at least you had something healthy and it shouldnt kick you out of ketosis - you could have easily eaten something whilst out or binged on rubbish (as I have previously done) when you came home but you didnt and that shows how strong you are.

Surfhunny - looking forward to your big loss this week then - I know exactly what tyou mean having a 'reward' after weighing I think we have all been there and done that one.

Ive had major demons going on in my head today all about whether I should SS/SS+ or WW or SW and have changed my mind so many times its untrue.

Ive got 24 days worth of shakes so whatever I do I have got to use them or it will be a waste of money - I really NEED to SS to get the weight off quickly but its that getting into ketosis thats the killer.

Ive never used ketostix I think I might go and buy some tomorrow and then if I test and Im in then it may stop me having something I shouldnt which I have done this week thinking well Im not in ketosis yet so this little bit wont hurt! (knowing full well it will)

This is the major problem when its not the first time doing the diet- you can never recapture the zing and enthusiasm that you have first time round.

So I have given myself a big telling off and am restarting in the morning

sleep well everyone
xxx

I've just read through my blog from the first time I did CD, I was so motivated, but you're right Jess, I don't think you can ever recapture that first time zing:vibes:, which is a big shame.

Tasha, I don't think you'll have done too much damage with the chicken and salad, it could've been worse if you'd had the meal with your friends. So well done for staying strong there:0clapper:!!

I've got a huge dilemma at the moment. Next Friday is my friend's birthday :candle1:and his girlfriend is having a surprise party for him. There's no question of my not going to the party, I have to be there to see his face:eek:! I'm not that bothered about eating even, but I desperately want to have a good drink.:party0048: I haven't been out for a drink since 20th Dec. I know if I want to drink I'll have to come out of ketosis, so I'd have to have a carby lunch or something. I don't know what to do. Mostly when I think about it, I've decided not to, to drive and drink water. But I'm just not sure I'm strong enough to with stand my friends begging me to drink:drunk:. I guess I'll wait and see how much weight I lose between now and next Friday. If it's not much then I won't drink:party0036:, simple as that.

Why is it that everytime I start this diet I feel like all of a sudden I get invited everywhere? When I'm not on CD I never get any invites....:confused:

Morning everyone hope you are all well and raring to go -

Well I think after playing around with my signature I should rename it the multi coloured swap shop thread! (for those old enough like me to appreciate it ha ha)

So here I am avoiding stripping and making beds but have got one hot choc shake down me and 500ml of warm water next to me.

I gave myself a big kick up the bum last night and had it kicked again this morning as I got on the scales and my weight loss for my first week was 0.4lbs because of not sticking to it from Friday. I only have myself to blame so dont need sympathy and thought well that was a very expensive way to lose less than half a pound and all the food I ate yesterday most of it I didnt even enjoy it was mindless emotional eating for god only knows what reasons!

So have been and dropped kids at school and bought some ketostix and have counted up my shakes and have 24 days worth so this is it now nose to the grindstone and get this weight off once and for all.

Ive got 16 weeks till my hols and I want to be as near as I can to healthy weight range for it and if I lose 21lbs this 1st month then 14lbs a month thereafter then I should be only 5lbs away from it.

Surf hunny as regards the party only you can decide but I know that when I did the diet the 2nd time I had planned nights off etc and it really slowed down my weight loss and kept putting me back a week of where I had planned to be weight wise. Its a good idea to drive then the temptation to drink cant be there and you can drink all you like once off the diet. But if you can get back on track no problem after it then go for it. Good luck deciding.
I Know what you mean about invitations out - Im getting myself back into ketosis now and Im going to a friends for lunch tomorrow but I will take my shake - then Im meant to be going out for tea on Wednesday aswell and I might just do a high protein meal so I can get into ketosis or just take my shake havent decided yet.

Will be back around later once got my housey jobs done.....

Im also off to read my previous diaries to get inspiration to keep on track.

hope you all have a good day
xxxx

Hello ladies... been 100% this weekend :eek: haven't done that in a great while! Today is day 6 so I won't talk too fast, but it looks like it will have been a 100% week... babysteps. Drinking my 4l of water and having my 4 products, hoping for a good loss this week as I haven't had much luck getting down under 220 since jan 14! Once I'm over that hurdle, I know i'll be ok (it's a mental thing).

Jess, I know you can get back on that horse!! it's a struggle which is why imho we should never stop once on a roll you can do it... I was calculating how much i was spending a month on the products last night (120 soup/porridge/bars etc...) :eek::cry::mad: Made me lose sleep, coz I could be spending it on something else if I hadn't fooled around so much!!!!!

Hope you ladies have a great week!!

Wooo Hooo a loss of 4lb for me this week

Will be back later for a catch up x

Surfhunny, my advice - and trust me been around the block with this one, is don't drink!! I, like you had occasions where I was "off" for the night - rather enjoyed the wine more than the food, and NO it's never just one drink don't kid yourself. So, don't do it, have a Coke Zero at the most!
If, however, you're stubborn like me and reallly like to party, I really don't think having carbs for lunch just before will do it.. ask KD but i'm pretty sure it has to be at least one day before.
And lastly, as for your friends, if they really are that, they should respect whichever choice you make and not try to force you.

Hello ladies... been 100% this weekend :eek: haven't done that in a great while! Today is day 6 so I won't talk too fast, but it looks like it will have been a 100% week... babysteps. Drinking my 4l of water and having my 4 products, hoping for a good loss this week as I haven't had much luck getting down under 220 since jan 14! Once I'm over that hurdle, I know i'll be ok (it's a mental thing).

Jess, I know you can get back on that horse!! it's a struggle which is why imho we should never stop once on a roll you can do it... I was calculating how much i was spending a month on the products last night (120 soup/porridge/bars etc...) :eek::cry::mad: Made me lose sleep, coz I could be spending it on something else if I hadn't fooled around so much!!!!!

Hope you ladies have a great week!!

Well done for being 100% over weekend I really find these the hardest because family are around and I dont want to make a big thing of dieting infront of 8yr old DD who has started to ask if she is fat!

Keep up the good work and you will break that barrier in no time.

The money is worth every penny if its being stuck to but mega expensive if not (like me!!!)
xxx

Well done on the 4lb loss woop woop !! Thats GREAT :D :D :D

AND well done for being 100% over the weekend. Even i find it hard over the weekend. I am fine when i am at work but when i am home its sooo hard (maybe i should like at work the nest 8 months haha)

Today i have drank 2lrs of water already and keep running the loo eeek!! I am feeling really possitive about the diet and am looking forward to my WI on wednesday :D

I would also like to say a big thanks you to you all, i am loving this team and you are all really keeping me on track and making me beliveve i can do this. I know i have a long way to go still with 140lb left to lose but i really feel i can get through this and with all your support i am loving being on this diet and talking to people who are going through the same things as me. Your all doing so well and are a real inspiration to me. Thanks everyone :D

Firstly well done Oisin for the 4lbs loss. That's fab!!

As for my dilemma, even before I went to bed last night I'd made up my mind that one night of fun is not worth the pain of having to lose extra weight the week after, so I'm still going (staying home is not an option) but I won't be drinking, the venue doesn't do Coke Zero (I got my friends OH to check) so I'll be on the fizzy water.

Unfortunately since I told a couple of friends (so they can get a lift with me) one of them has totally tried to talk me out of it, the other said I need to do what's right. She also said not to even tell anyone I'm not drinking because she knows what they're like. To be fair to my friends they're probably all pig sick of me being on this diet and just want to see me have some fun. Trouble is they aren't there to pick up the pieces at weigh in when I've put on. Rather than explain it all again, this thread basically sums up my situation.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/136243-going-alone.html

And the invitations keep flooding in... one of my very close friends is leaving work to have a baby and we're all going out on the 6th of March for a meal. Fortunately I don't actually like anything on the set menu so I'll go, but won't eat. Then on the 11th of March another close friend is having a naming cermony and dinner for her baby - I can't not go. This is complete torture. The first time I did CD I had none of this. I had one friends wedding - thats it. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to go to all these functions and not eat. I can't not go to any of them either.

BUT until then I'm giving it 100% and seeing how much I can lose. I just can't believe all these things have come at once, when I feel so weak willed. And after feeling so positive over the weekend, one day back at work and I'm starting to question why I'm putting myself through this again. When the only real support I get is from people on here, and although I totally appreciate it don't get me wrong...when I turn off the computer I'm doing this (and fighting against everyone's opinions) alone.

Aaaargh, just ignor me I'm feeling really sorry for myself. I have PMT and I get so over emotiontional when it TOTM....

Oh surfhunny we wont ignore you I can feel how down and peed off you are - any diet is difficult when its social occasions but this one is doubly worse because you always get people trying to sabotage it by saying oh one wont hurt etc etc.

I clicked on the link you put as I didnt know the background and I really really feel for you that your parents treated you like that.

I know people view how to parent differently, but I cant believe your Dad even phoned you to give you such a message about your Mum. I am a parent myself and I would never dream of letting my HB ring my daughter to tell her she was upsetting me when i have had weight problems myself. The role of being a parent is to nurture and support your children not make them feel awful cos you cant cope with your own emotions when they need your support (lecture over)

As for your friends some will be supportive others not as you have found out - I remember last time I did the diet friends and family were great it was work was the problem as I work with nurses so I had the constant digs about how it cant be healthy and had I weaned myself onto food yet ?

I know its not much consolation but I dont want you to feel you are on your own and we are always here for you and we understand and its just typical you have all those functions coming up. If you drive on all of them and if you are 'forced ' into eating try and stick to chicken salad / broccoli / cauliflower it shouldnt do too much damage and have a ss+ day for those times it may help.
sorry for the ramble
hope you okay.
xxx

Aw thank you Jess. To be honest I'm not sure my mum even knows my dad made that phone call, I think she'd be cross with him if she did. But I'm still just trying to pretend everything is okay with me when I see them. I feel like I have to be strong and act like I'm okay for everyone else. But it's exhausting.

I'm so glad I've got you girls to talk to about all of this because I think I've bored my friends with my diets. First time round EVERYONE was supportive and I think that's why I find it so hard to have no one this time.

I think I might just go to bed now and hopefully I'll feel a bit more positive in the morning. xxx

you come and talk to us anytime you like thats what we are here for - Im off to watch married single other to take my mind off food - not in fat burning yet so need to be distracted big time!!!
sleep tight
xxx

Aw sally hun ~hugs~ how horrible for you to go through this hard time and have to go to these night out. I cant imagin how hard it would be, not only have you got t go and try and be strong but with unsportive friends eeek! Alot of your friends might be jealous because if they are sick of you dieting and wanting you to have fun the more your 100% on the diet the quicker you will get to goal and be able to go and enjoy yourself from time to time. I can tell your really down and depressed but hun you are really doing amazing. You are doing this diet for yourself not for anyone else or what they are telling you or how they feel about the diet... so what!! Your losing weight and i guess somepeople can just get a bit bitter.

Go and do what you feel is right on them nights hun, as you say its not really worth trying to lose that wight you put on the next week and it puts you back a week and a back a week from goal. You doing soooo well hun really you are. You can do this you have all of us on here to support you even if you dont have the support at home you always have us. ~hugs~

Jess hun your doing amazing on this diet and your being so supportive to everyone your doing great hun keep up the FAB work <3 <3 xxx

Back