The journey continues!

Had a lovely time away, although our little one got a horrible tummy bug - the good thing about being away for that is the hotel were fabulous and kept giving us new clean sheets and towels. She's OK now, which is good.

I'm really pleased with myself, as I stuck to working solution all the time I was away. We were visiting my 'godmother', well, technically my daughter's godmother, but she seems like mine too. She's lovely and is really supportive of what I'm doing, but doesn't really understand the low carb bit. Never mind, I managed to stick to WS without upsetting her, and did convince her that I didn't want to eat the strawberries or the fruit salad.

It was so nice to be away for a few days and to catch up with friends. I'm also really optimistic that I'll have a good weigh-in this week too. OK, it's unlikely to be anywhere near as good as last week, but that was more like a week 1 after so much faffing in March! Anyway, here's to April and to actually achieving my April Challenge, and maybe getting close on the Easter one too :)

I think tomorrow may even be a TS day!

Hope everyone else is well, so many diaries & threads to catch up on :)

Glad you had a nice break xxx be looking out for your weigh in update hope it's at least half as good as last week :) xx

Hope lil one feels better xx

Just got some new scales today. I decided to splash out and get some that measure body fat and that kind of thing too. I might become a data junkie! Wasn't too excited by the old scales this morning, but at least I'd not put any on. Still, another TS day done today, and loads of water. Another two days TS and hopefully I'll be happy at weigh in. I'm so determined to shift this next stone (Now it turns out I'm an inch shorter it's still a stone to go to overweight!) I guess tomorrow I'll have to compare the two scales, hopefully they'll say similar weights.

The body fat percentage was showing as 40%, which is similar to what the health assessment said the other day. It's lovely now the sun has been shining again. Hopefully I'll get out on my bike again tomorrow, and go for a good cycle.

Well done on sticking to the plan whilst away.
I think body fat scales are a great idea. Weight fluctuates with so many things that I reckon body fat is a good way of measuring success - that and dropping inches.

Just got some new scales today. I decided to splash out and get some that measure body fat and that kind of thing too.

Ooh, I'm a bit scared to do that - I don't want to know I'm 95% fat!

Oh yes, forgot to say, I'm delighted with the inch loss that's been going on recently. The other day when I bought my 12-14 pjs, I also bought a size 34G bra that was on special offer. Figured I'd fit it eventually. I'm really chuffed as I'm wearing it today and it's really comfortable. OK, it's on it's loosest setting, but I'ms till wearing it, so that means I've now lost about 12 inches from my bust size!

Without the bra though, I think they'd be down at my knees! I have to say though, I've been surprised to find that underneath all the cuddly bits I've actually got quite a curvy figure, I never realised!

I've decided I'm going to start my own countdown, as it's just 14lbs to go now for me to get to overweight (with my new height.... grr!) and that will take me through the 100lb barrier too. 14lbs to go... I can do this

Yes you can! You've come too far not to. Good luck and will be following your countdown hun :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww well done on the bra front absolutely fabulous Hun.. And you will lose that 14lbs in no time you've done ever so well... I need to lose about 14lbs to get to 11 stone which I'm so desperate to reach so maybe I can join in too if there's room lol..

Here's to 14lbs we can do this chick x

Wow - well done - bet that wil positively just fly off now! What a great start to your day!!!!!:D:D:D

Wow, just realised I've been doing this for 6 months now (well, 6 months since I started, clearly there's been some faffing). Had my weigh-in today and in total lost 2.5lbs this week, so just 11.5lbs to go to overweight, I'm really pleased :D Altogether though I'm really chuffed, after 6 months I've lost 90.5lbs :D

Omg Cybil! Well done! You really are amazing! Looking back do you feel like the 6 months has gone fast?

I hope you have a lovely day xxx

What an inspiration that is Rachel, keep smiling you deserve that brilliant loss :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fantastic loss and fantastic news on being so close - just 11.5 itty bitty lbs

:winner:

xxx

Rachel I just want to say thank you for your honesty and candor in these posts. As an exante newbie I find this site really useful and love when people are making clear that the road can be hard although definitely doable.

I want to have rose coloured glasses at times with regards to how I am going to do this diet but also recognise the importance of being honest with myself about it being a journey not just a goal. I also empathise with you on the self destructive behaviour. I personally think you look beautiful already but think why not be your optimal beautiful and that not only includes what's inside but the outside too as we are all of these components. I've spent a long time telling myself how great I am as a personality and yes to some extent I was being honest with myself but also I was using it as a cover up to ignore the pain and damage from younger years. Beauty outside is just as great as beauty inside when working in conjunction with each other.

Congratulations on the amazing weight loss so far and I can't wait to say the same to myself one day. Also keep going sistah as you're nearly at your optimal and thanks for sharing. x

Back