The journey continues!

Thank you for your kind post haimaat. I've found this site so helpful and inspiring, reading stories of how other people have battled with their weight and found a way to lose the weight they want to. I definitely find it helpful thinking of this as a journey, for me it's been a challenge and is making me face up to things as I travel along.

For me I think I have 2 really key drivers, that are motivating me. The first one is my health, I've had health problems all my life, and although I can use it as an excuse for my weight, I want to find out how well I can be if I'm at a healthy weight - things have improved a lot already, before started losing weight, and they're even better with the weight I've now lost. My second really important desire is to not pass on over-eating and weight problems to my daughter, for the fourth generation.

I think the beauty thing is starting to be important to me now as well; like you I've told myself for years how important it is to develop my personality, and that's what really matters. It is what matters to me, however I'm also learning that I need to look after myself, and for me that means getting to a healthy weight and making the most of who I am. I've only got one life and one body, and I want to get the most out of it.

I jumped on the scales again this morning and am so chuffed to have dropped another 2lbs, that means it's just 9.5lbs until I'm overweight. I've only got about 4lbs to go and I'll weigh less than my husband for the first time ever! Also just a couple of pounds until I'm into the 14's... It should be an exciting month for me as I hit all these milestones.

We went for lunch with a friend today. I stayed pretty low carb, which was good, BBQ meat and salad, but I did have a small slice of the cake she'd made. I feel really pleased with myself, as i was able to enjoy her hospitality without going completely off the rails, but also glad that I'm starting to feel more able to have an occasional treat. I just want to keep an eye on myself to make sure this doesn't escalate. I'm intending to have the rest of the week as ts.

Just updated my tickers and details on here, and found I've now lost 30% of my starting body weight...wow! I'm really chuffed with how much closer I'm getting to where I want to be, now just to keep going on this journey, and not give up with the end getting closer!

That is amazing Cybil.
You really are an inspiration.
Marge
:)

Oh dear, my number 6 balloon has now deflated and I've not yet got to 7 stone. It's the first time since I started this balloon thing that I'll have a gap - the other times I've always managed to buy the next balloon while the last one was still in the air. Hmmm, hopefully it's a further kick up the bum to lose these next few pounds... so close!

I'm really excited too, as when I get to my 7 balloon, I will also weigh less then my husband, for the first time ever. I can't wait :)

Struggling to drink all the water I should today, not quite sure what that's about. Oh well, another sip, another sip, I'll get there.

Aww no!!! I wanna do the balloon thing can I copy your idea please? You should put all the balloon pics you have together! That would be so interesting to see! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Anyone's welcome to use the balloon thing :) I love using it to track my progress. Most of the balloon pics are in my profile album, although I don't think I've put the 6 in there yet.

Got on the scales and another pound gone... just 8.5 to go to overweight, I'm so excited.

Wow cybill!!! Thats fantastic! I love the idea of the balloons:) Have a good day:)

hey hun well done you are doing absolutely amazing ... that balloon 7 will be with you very soon... such a fab idea... are you changing ur overweight goal daily? im sure it was 14lbs only a few days ago - just WOW cant believe how much u have lost already this week.

keep going chick

hugs x

hey hun well done you are doing absolutely amazing ... that balloon 7 will be with you very soon... such a fab idea... are you changing ur overweight goal daily? im sure it was 14lbs only a few days ago - just WOW cant believe how much u have lost already this week.

keep going chick

hugs x

Yeah, I'm changing it each day when I've lost a bit more... anything to help keep me on track! I was trying to do just weekly weighing, but where I've been struggling, I've been finding even seeing a little bit coming off is helping to keep me on track. A week was too long for me (at the moment, it was letting me think, well, I'll have a bit extra today, and then I'll be able to lose it again by the weekend). I can't believe overweight is within sight now!

Had a really good day at work today, several more people commented on how well I was looking, and how the weight loss was really noticing.... I would hope so, it's nearly 7 stone gone!

I saw some friends yesterday who I'd not seen since before I started this, so that was brilliant, they saw such a difference.

I'm wearing a size 18 skirt today and it's starting to feel loose, I can't believe it. Although I'm fitting into a couple of 12 / 14 things, I think really I'm about a 16-18 at the moment, so really nice to think I might actually be more like a 16 now.

I'm starting to find I'm looking at other people and thinking, ooh, I wonder if I'm now about the same size as you? (Sounds daft, but I find it really hard to gauge my size, I always think everyone else looks thinner than they are and that I look bigger... I know, something I need to work on.)

Well, I've finally started on the actual Beck book today, so time to sit down this evening and start on the day 1 exercises. I'm hoping I'll find it easier doing it from the book than from the cd - I'm better with words in front of me than listening.

awww know exactly what u mean hun.. im the same... i was tempted to do the same.. i started on monday with 21lbs to lose till 11 st then scale hopped went to 18lb then scale hopped this morning and apparently its 14lb till 11 st i really wish it is true dont want to jinx it if that makes sense lol..

Really really your such an inspiration to many of us its minis like yourself that keep us going :D

good luck to an even better day tomm chick :) x

Anyone's welcome to use the balloon thing :) I love using it to track my progress. Most of the balloon pics are in my profile album, although I don't think I've put the 6 in there yet.

Got on the scales and another pound gone... just 8.5 to go to overweight, I'm so excited.

Exciting stuff - well done

xxx

Youre doing brilliantly Rachel. Im so close to being overweight as well but as per usual am totally sabotaging myself. Fingers crossed we both get there soon though.

Youre doing brilliantly Rachel. Im so close to being overweight as well but as per usual am totally sabotaging myself. Fingers crossed we both get there soon though.

I know what you mean, I'm really fighting it today. I think TOTM is just turning up too, and I feel like I want to eat the furniture! I gave in and ate a bar of Galaxy which I adore. I have to say I did really enjoy it. However, more determined to get to overweight than to eat more chocolate, so drinking some more water now, and will probably head up for an early night very soon. Anyway, having said I was going to do day 1 of Beck properly yesterday, I'm about to try and do it now... hmmm, still sabotaging myself I think, procrastinating on the things that might help. So, I've decided I'm going to do the exercises on here, to try and keep myself accountable.

Day 1 - Advantages of losing weight:
  • I will be healthy, or the healthiest that I can be
  • I will set a good example to give my daughter the best chance to be healthy too
  • I will be able to shop for clothes in any shop
  • I will be too small to shop in Evans
  • I will look good and believe that I look good
  • I will have the energy to play in the park
  • I will feel comfortable at the beach and the pool
  • I will not be the fat Mum or the fat friend
  • I will be the best version of me that I can be, and not hide behind anything, particularly my size
  • I will have the energy to go cycling and play badminton and not look like a beetroot
  • I will be able to do the Palace to Palace cycle ride that I've committed too, and finish it
  • I'll be able to stand up straight, tall and proud
  • I will be even happier when I look in the mirror
  • I will not have fat as part of my identity

Ooh, and I have to commit to when I'm going to read this list - so I commit that I will read it each time I log on to minimins... so that should be at least the twice a day it recommends! I will also print it out and read it in the morning and before I go to bed. I think I will also stick it on the fridge.

OK, time for me to get printing then!

Back