The journey continues!

cybill said:
Another WS day - managed to avoid chocolate again :). Still feeling pretty ropey, and my asthma's still playing up :( Hoping I'll be in ketosis soon.

Oh no hope it eases soon :(

Still not feeling so great :( But managed another WS day. Feeling cross with myself for feeling low. Hoping that perhaps it's a cold that I've caught, and not all related to the food I ate last weekend. Really hoping that by tomorrow I'm back to 13:7 for weigh in, but think that's very optimistic as this morning I was 13:12! So long as I'm back to at least 13:11, then I'll still be at 8stone lost. Just got to shift these last few pounds!

Good luck with tomorrow- you'll look back at this point of your journey and you'll be proud of yourself for persevering and getting through it!

Just hang on in there!

Thanks for your encouragement Annie :) I'm so determined to get all the way to a healthy weight; even though it's very tempting to throw in the towel! I think I'm getting a bit bored of this, and have been trying to stretch the rules too much, which just slows it down. Anyway, trying to get on with WS at the moment, which will hopefully help with adjustment back towards food too. Starting to think about how I will transition back from this to food, when I eventually get to goal - which will hopefully be in a couple of months. I'd always thought I'd go low carb, but I've been reading up about the Harcombe diet, someone mentioned it on here, but can't remember who. It sounds very interesting, about the relationship between carbs & insulin, and therefore keeping carbs separate from fats. Need to think further about it all, and work out what will be sustainable for me in the long term.

I'm hoping I'll look back on this blip, a bit like I look back now on the blip I had in February /March, and as you say, just see it as another step on this journey.

Hanging on by a thread at the moment, but still hanging on!

Cybil...

You are amazing! Its so lovely to come back and see how far you have come! I am soooooo rooting for you!! Keep hanging in there, wow, that finish line is so, so, so in sight!

xx

Thanks Summerrain :)

I had a good old cry about it all this evening, but it was really good. I chatted it through with my husband - my concerns about what to do when I finish losing the weight, and how on earth I'm going to maintain, and my annoyance at the last week and the weight I've put on - he did help me to realise that it really is just glycogen! (Which I know, but still don't like seeing it go up on the scales!)

Anyway, managed another WS day, and determined to lose this weight, I will lose it, I will lose it.

It was actually a really good day, and I saw lots of friends from my childhood, none of whom had seen me since I started losing this weight (although some are friends on fb, so know what I've been doing). It was lovely to get some great comments and real encouragement and support. These were people that knew me when I was 12 and last this weight!

Roll on healthy weight, I really can do this :D:D:D

Oh sorry to hear you've had the wobbles Cybill. :(

I think we will always have doubts and fears and just have to be realistic about this. Many of us have been long term dieters and it will be a huge adjustment when the time comes when we need to maintain. You have done amazingly well and I'm sure that you will have ups and downs but will be successful in what you want to achieve.

Glad you had a good day, take all those positive comments and store them somewhere then have a quick peek when things may not be going so well.

You have come so far and done so well, a real inspiration to a lot of folks on here!:D

Thanks Fiestywoman :)

Time to own up to my weigh-in today, I was 13:13, so +6lbs this week - but hopefully I'll have an equivalent to week one again now, and lost it all again by next Saturday.

I'm not going to give up now, determined to work through these wobbles and lose all this weight!

Sorry to hear you have been struggling a bit hunni. If you are anything like me, it will be mainly water retention and you will lose it as soon as you TS again so try not to worry about it too much.

You are doing great and have come such along way. Be proud of all you have achieved!!...xx

I think there's a bug going round at the moment, so I think that's probably why I've been feeling quite so rotten! Feeling a bit brighter today, which is good; and put on some clothes that I know look good on me. Had some lovely comments at church this morning, which is always a nice boost :)

Today should be another good WS day, and hopefully the scales will properly start going down again soon! 13:13 again this morning

cybill said:
I think there's a bug going round at the moment, so I think that's probably why I've been feeling quite so rotten! Feeling a bit brighter today, which is good; and put on some clothes that I know look good on me. Had some lovely comments at church this morning, which is always a nice boost :)

Today should be another good WS day, and hopefully the scales will properly start going down again soon! 13:13 again this morning

Glad you are feeling a bit better today Rach x sending you my love x

I am sure you will be back to your lowest in no time Rachel :)

Sorry to hear you have had a tough time of late Rachel and those scales haven't been aplaying ball. Sorry I haven't been around to support you as had the wobbles myself too. You are such an inspiration to me and are living proof that this can be done and look at how far you have come. I certainly couldn't do this without you. Here's to a fab week ahead for you with a huge loss as that Glycogen goes xxxxx

Thanks ladies :) feeling a bit better today, but really tired. Taken my daughter out swimming, which was fun. Having another WS day, and made a tasty chicken, mushroom and leek thing and had broccoli and spinach with it. It was so nice to sit down and eat a proper meal with my daughter, I really enjoyed it. I think WS really might be the way forward for me at the moment - and got to be better for me than swinging between TS and chocolate! I think later today I will restart Beck again too, and hope that it will help me as I start to plan having food every day. It feels quite exciting to know that I can start eating food, but also a little scary too. I've still got another 2 stone or so to go, but in the scheme of things, that's not too far - and three months to go before my '1 year', which is when I want to have finished by! :)

I'm going to Body Balance again later today too; I really think it's helping me start toning up, which is great

It sounds like WS maybe the way ahead for you at the moment.
Its great that meal times are such a social event with your daughter. They help her build good habits too :)

Managed to get a waitlist place at 10 minutes notice for zumba too. So just got home after 45 mins Zumba and an hour's Body Balance! I think I'll sleep well tonight :) (Will start Beck tomorrow!)

Yay! Go Rach! Ms Motivator ;)

Hurrah, scale hopped again this morning, and they're now showing 13:10, so back on my way down again (and back past the 8stone mark again). Feeling pleased with myself, and excited to be following this journey.

Back