the journey of colly...no longer vlcd-ing.

had the dreaded tomato this afternoon- ick, it wasn't the best huh? only had half a pack with half a bar, am saving the rest for later so will prob chuck in a load of chilli powder with the rest to mask the taste!!

Hey Colly strings how's you day been? I'm on day 3 and have managed 100% so far. Just praying i can stick with it. I still need to loose about 9 stone, so should be around for a while. Turning into a scale hopper though, have lost 5lbs over 48 hours. Exante is great :)

ohhh dont even go there r.e weekend, i was not good. i am on track now though and i am unshiftable! i have to do this! i have about 9 stone to lose too hun, in fact our stats are practically identical bar you have a few inches height on me ;) how are you getting on? xx

Getting on great :) Weighed this morning and have lost 10lbs in 4 days :)

Feeling great, no hunger and loads of energy, long may it last.

How are you doing?

wow well done!!! i hope i see losses soon, i really need the motivation to keep going. already i'm feeling queasy at the thought of the packs, this was my downfall when i did cd so i really hope i can power through this time.

i'm feeling worn out, and hungry. and a bit sick. poor me! hope it passes soon. i know i knocked myself back SO far by my food related antics at the weekend :(

oof my head is KILLING me, once o/h stops preening himself in the bathroom and lets me in to brush my teeth i think i'll have to retire to bed... :(

and just cause i'm sad enough to keep speaking to myself... ;)

i'm feeling really low. so i figure its a good time to get the reasons why i want this so badly down on e-paper!

i have NEVER been able to walk into a high street fashion store and know something will fit. EVER. i want that, so badly.

i want to have photos taken with my friends when we go out instead of hiding away. hell, i want the confidence to actually start going out without being paranoid that everyones staring at me cause of my weight.

(this one is very 15yr old *****, but i dont care)
i want to walk down the street and hold my head high knowing i look GOOD when i see someone who's wronged me, instead of putting my head down in shame, knowing EXACTLY what they're thinking when they see me. i want them to see me and think "woah...."...in a good way instead of a bad!

i want to be able to plan my wedding instead of point blank refusing to set a date cause i don't want my day to be centered around my insecurities about the way i look. been engaged a while now, i want the next step, o/h wants the date set & has said so a few times and i think he feels hurt that i won't. how can i expect him to understand that i won't do it cause of my weight?

i have health problems which although aren't caused by my weight and never were, aren't helped by it. i want to be healthy, or as healthy as i can be.

i don't want to come on here and feel almost angry at people who have done well! lol. i'm easily disheartened, and when i see someone who started after i should have hitting amazing targets, i get really down. how sad is that? i want to be the success story!!

i want to prove my family wrong. my mums side are all big and they keep saying you can't fight genetics. well bring genetics on, i'm ready for a battle!! :D

i want to be able to make new friends easier, instead of putting up barriers cause yet again i'm convinced they won't like me cause i'm overweight.

i just want a better life, i suppose. i have so much to be thankful for and i really am. but this holds me back in so many ways.

woo, my hands are tired! hehe :)

I can relate to SO much of what youre saying. This is going to be our last ever diet :)

it so is!

did a sneaky weigh this morning and according to my fancy scales i have a bmi of 39.8 now! woohoo! x

Wooop! well done :D

I know getting under 40 bmi for me felt awesome so we can do some kind of semi victory jig together. :woohoo:

The fact that breaking the 20s and into the teens happened at exactly the same time was a bonus for me hehe

yeah we're really at a similar stage and weight!

you've almost got under 100lb to go, go you!

i think its all about mini targets, keeps us going :)

just had some really, really bad news. :(
i really don't know how to cope without comfort eating, how sad is that :cry:

Oh bless you :(

Just try and remember it will only make you feel better for a minute amount of time and once your finished you'll feel worse than what you did before you ate.

If you need a shoulder send us a PM x :hug99:

thank you, and yeah i know...i will feel even worse if i hit the junk food. i don't think i'd find it so hard if i wasn't at home alone today, part of me is thinking i should go out and take my mind off it but i just want to curl up in a ball y'know?

Hi there last night I found out a close friend had died - result I ate a packet of my babies biscuits (how sad is that ) - it did not make me feel any better - in fact worse because I know how strong my food/comfort association continues to be - felt terrible physically too - stay strong - you're doing awesomely and we are all thinking of you

Got any friends you can visit for a cuppa? Black of course :)

i'm trying this as a means of therapy now, so for most of you it will probably be tl;dr! but i'm hoping it'll take my mind off binging.

basically my grans been ill for about 4 months now. she had cancer, and was being cared for by my grandad. she had been told at an appointment her cancer wasn't spreading and she got a new lease of life really. 2 weeks later a macmillan nurse organised her to go to hospital for "tests" but really it was to give my grandad a little bit of respite.

while there for some reason the medical staff pumped her full of morphine. she went from one evening joking and laughing with other women on the ward about getting a taxi to a club and looking for good looking men, to being seemingly brain dead by morning. what then happened was the morphine continued but the nurses weren't making sure she ate or drank so it was building up inside her and effectively ruining her insides.

we were told she only had a few days to live at that point.

the family then basically took turns making sure she was "manned" 24/7 at the hospital, making sure she ate, drank. eventually she got better, against the odds. she then got home.

since then she's gone downhill again. we think her liver is damaged, she's really yellow and in a lot of pain. i think we all held out hope of her getting back to herself but it hasn't happened. i got a phone call today to say that the macmillan nurse is now saying this is the end and she doesn't have much time left. it's been such an emotional rollercoaster. i dont know what i'm going to do without her, i knew in my heart this was coming but me and her are really close. before she went to hospital i used to take her out for runs in the car and she would be half out the window eyeing up the men on the street (she really was a big fan of a good looking man :)). never met anyone like her and i don't suppose i ever will again. she used to be online all the time and had a whole load of internet boyfriends, lol. never known anyone elses gran to be on the net chatting men up! my grandad knew about it too, bless him, but it was harmless and he knew that. she used to tell them she was size 8 and blonde. the reality was more size 28 and grey!! she used to send me really vulgar chain emails of cartoon men and women flashing their bits. really, one of a kind.

but that person has been gone a while. it's just hard to accept she's not coming back.

although i knew this was coming, i think that optimism in me said she's strong and she'll fight. things will get back to normal. life is really cruel sometimes. although i'm glad in a way that her pain will be over. and being a spiritualist, i know she'll be back in contact. i always said that to her. "you'll never leave me alone as long as i live" :) and i hope she doesn't. the thought of being totally without her is just too much for me to take in.

the one thing i'm learning from this is she was overweight a lifetime and never truly tried to lose weight or get fit. as long as i can remember she wasnt able to walk, and that wasnt really cause of anything bar her weight and her burying her head in the sand by laying in bed rather than trying. i really wonder how much better her quality of life would have been if she'd tried a bit harder all round. i doubt she'd be the way she is today. i don't want that for myself. and i doubt she does either.

i'm really glad i have somewhere i can just get all this out of my system. here's to another 100% day, i have to be stronger than i give myself credit for.

Hi there last night I found out a close friend had died - result I ate a packet of my babies biscuits (how sad is that ) - it did not make me feel any better - in fact worse because I know how strong my food/comfort association continues to be - felt terrible physically too - stay strong - you're doing awesomely and we are all thinking of you

i'm sorry to hear about your loss. :(
life really is cruel.
if you ever need to talk, pm me. x

Got any friends you can visit for a cuppa? Black of course :)

not anyone i want to cry in front of! lol. my 2 best friends are on holiday, typical, selfish friends ;)

Bleeding friends with their lives, the universe evolves around US thank you very much! ;)

i know!! i hate it when people organise something nice for themselves and work hard for it. what about ME?!

Back