the journey of colly...no longer vlcd-ing.

Haha I'm just as bad with Mrs P, I'd buy her ice cream and chocolate to cheer her up. I've resorted to flowers now :p

We both enjoy food a lot, and after doing xenical and healthy eating for 3/4 months it's nice to know that doesn't have to change even when we get to goal. It's about moderation and portion control :)

its really nice that you have the support of one another, my o/h wants to lose weight and gets upset about his weight/body a fair bit but he just doesn't want to eat well, he tried cd with me last time and ultimately was part of the reason i fell off the wagon. i suppose your head has to be in the right place to lose weight and unfortunately his isn't. he can't manage vlcd (which is fair enough) and when he tries gym/eating well he gets disillusioned cause the losses are too slow for him and he doesn't feel its worth his while. i was positively drooling last night while he was eating his tea, and i was trying to convince myself that mmm this thai chicken soup is JUST AS GOOD :)() haha

Yeah it really has made it easier that we are both doing it together, so long as we both manage to stick to it. If one of us comes off it might get interesting hehe

We've got a holiday in a couple of weeks time with our little girls, 3 nights at a Haven and then 4 at a butlins. The butlins is all inclusive and we are going to eat while there, trying to keep carbs to a minimum. We spent far too much money on the all inclusive option not to hehe :)

It would have been easier to wait until then before doing the vlcd but you need to do this while your in the right frame of mind, and we will lose a decent chunk even in the short space of time leading up to it.

oh definitely, i'm having a planned break in december. i think it gives you something to look forward to when the journey is long you know? i'm sure you'll have a great holiday! how old are your girls?

o/h just texted me asking if i wanted something nice for tea. i know hes trying to help but UUUGHHH dont need the temptation!! said no :)

Well done on saying no! Allways a tough test that hehe.

Emily is 3 in December and Kaitlyn is 6 months old in 2 weeks.

We plan to go straight back on once the holiday is over and last till xmas. Then after an Xmas blowout lose what we've put on and what ever is left back on Xenical and healthy eating :)

We reckon we can shift 4 to 6 stone from now until xmas each, which will put us really close to target (neither of us want to be skinny minnies truth be told, too much effort to maintain hehe!) I'd be quite happy at 14stone ish I reckon, even if the stupid BMI thing would class me as overweight I think not, have you seen these shoulders! :p

aww bless. never a dull moment in your house then huh?

bmi is only helpful to a point imo. it tells me my ideal weight is from 9.5 st to 11 st or something. last time i was 13 stone i was a size 12/14 and fairly slim so i can only imagine how awful i would look if i was under 10 stone! you know yourself when you're at a good weight and it doesn't really take your build/muscle into consideration. if you're overweight you know it without some generic maths to tell you so!

i think thats a good idea, i'm doing this until christmas for now then hopefully back on board but think i'll have to do some working solution weeks to break the monotony. if i get to 15st (5st ish down) i might go onto atkins or something similar to shift the rest. maybe its just the way i'm feeling today but it's very daunting to think of such a long time on vlcd. slimming "normally" from 15st down seems much more attainable than doing it when you still have such a long road ahead!

Definately, we can allways change our mind after xmas if we feel we can do some more vlcd but for now the thought of the shortish stint makes it much more dooable.

Besides if you lose it all too fast skin won't have much chance in catching up on your new shape hehe. I'd prefer to lose the last bit slower and let my skin adapt a bit better tbh.

know how i was cursing my stupid body earlier?

i am in ketosis!! already! had a major weekend blowout which lasted til sunday night and only got back on board as of yesterday morning, i can't believe it!!

i thought "hmm i'll try a ketostick just to see". it went rosy pink, and i thought, STUPID FAULTY STICKS, lol, so tried another, rosy pink too! its my new favourite colour, i think i will paint the whole house in it! :D

Haha, well done! :D I'm hoping for a similar result this evening/tomorrow morning. It was pinkish this morning but not as deep as I would like

I feel for you Colly. I'm having a really crap day at work and just want to hit the alcohol shelves in Tesco and head off to oblivion!
must resist...must resist...must resist!

any pink is a good sign! i thought that if it was too dark it meant you were dehydrated?

aw kitty, hope youre ok. but on a more lecturey note; no, kitty! no booze for you!! if youre in ketosis its dangerous. we can both get through today :)

Ketosis kicked in last night with a rush of metal mouth that made me go 'ugh' out loud lol.
I'm here distracting myself from the crappy job I'm supposed to be doing ;) Maybe I should call in sick the rest of the week lol.

i'm eating a choc orange bar and picking out the choc bits to eat seperately, mmmm chocolate! :eating:

if you're in ketosis its really dangerous!! theres a thread on here somewhere about it, i'll go find it, look after yourself!! x

My mum told me I had bad breath today so rushed to the loo armed with ketostix but no such luck. :(

Another Scot here btw. Im from Coatbridge, outside Glasgow.

Jo

i'm up north. but yes! if theres ever a scottish gathering count me in! :)

Back