the journey of colly...no longer vlcd-ing.

Wow!! Brilliant losses so far! I predict a biggie for your first week! :)

A x

i hope so! anything below 278lb is lowest i've been this year :)

Ooooo colly looks like you're in for a big one come next monday (I was tempted to add some gutter talk on to this seeing as you more or less advocated it yesterday but I stayed strong and just wrote this instead :p)

hahaha oh i see how it is, now you look like the good one and i look like the gutter trash, don't sink to my level then! fine! thanks though. i am keeping my fingers crossed that i really am in for a big one. the bigger the better ;)

Sounds like a good first week :)

i hope so, its really spurring me to carry on!

Well done :D

thank you lovely!

That's a brilliant loss Colly. Well done.
Happy to report I didn't die, become confused or lose consciousness by having a drink last night - well unless you count falling asleep! In fact not so much as a headache this morning. I don't advocate anyone else doing this as I've had many years of practice which is why it didnt effect me ;)

and thank you too :)
i'm happy you reported that too, i dont want you dead! you feeling better today sweets? i do hope so :)

wi this morning shows i'm 7lbs down since monday :D if only the weight loss stayed this high and quick, we would all be very happy bunnies ;)

WOW!! Sounds like youre going to have a phenomenal first wi

i hope so! :)

been struggling big time to get the water down, so a heads up *for those who don't stick rigidly to plan of course*, sainsburies have strawberry and kiwi sparking water 3 1.5ltr bottles for £1 at the mo. citric acid free + no added sugar. of course this COULD take you out of ketosis (it still has small amount of carbs in) so don't come kill me if it does!! but i'm gonna give it a go :)

bah, old vlcd demons are showing face again. o/h cooking is really getting to me. :(

i know, i want this more than i want food, but i'm pretty miserable. feeling really weak tonight which doesnt help.

you're right joanne. thank you.

well i ended up having a bit of plain chicken. and either that or the strawb water has maybe taken me out of ketosis, i can still see hints of pink on the stick *i think*, the edges look like the neutral and the middle more the first pink colour, so hopefully i'm not totally out. having my favourite (banana shake) this morning, i wish i had more of these cause they're the only one i really like! i've had to sort of hold my nose and glug the others, booo!

i'm struggling to eat a whole bar too, i never thought i'd say that for the amount i used to eat!! but they make me feel bloated. i have 3 half eaten bars in the fridge (and yes i knooow, need all 3 packs etc) i keep meaning to go back to them but it doesnt happen. humph.

also i had yet another sneaky weigh this morning. i am now officially down from 131 kilo to 127 on the dot, which by my reckoning is over 8lb! :D

which also means I'M IN THE TEENS!! :D

Woooop, welcome fellow teener :D

If you are slightly out of ketosis it won't take long to get back in if you 100% it :)

You're doing really well and good on you for just having some chicken. You'll be back in K in no time :)
I'm still stressed at doing this crappy job. It's not my job and I'm helping someone out by doing it but this morning the first email I read said 'is that all you've managed to do'. I feel like telling her to go **** herself! She said she'd ring me this morning to discuss it but I'm working from home so she cant haha.

well i think i'm off plan for now, got a call to say they think my gran's going to pass away today. they tried to give her a blood transfusion but her blood pressure was too low and they couldnt do it. i'm not really coping. i dont even want to comfort eat, i just dont want the additional stress of the first stages of vlcd along with this. gonna try and do low carb as much as poss then come back to exante when i'm a bit stronger. i feel like a failure but i just can't manage this at the mo :(

i'm still on my journey, i'm just having a rest at the side of the road for now x

Oh bless you colly, sending my love your way and take it easy petal x

thank you. i'll be back on ts by the end of sept. i'll still be buzzing around minis in the mean time, getting jealous of everyone losing :)

thank you anna. x

i'm mega stressed. sorry to moooan, but i dont really have anyone impartial i can rant at.

just spoke to my (15y.o) brother who didnt know the situation. and much like when she got cancer, it was up to me to be the breaker of bad news again. it is really heart breaking.

o/h keeps sending me texts as if everything is "normal" then getting all passive aggressive with me cause i don't want to keep f'ing texting him about general crap, every time my phone goes off my heart skips a beat cause i think its the bad news finally coming. he keeps asking me "whats wrong", why am i not being chatty with him. he knows FINE WELL whats happening, why is he doing this to me? he asked me why i was upset? is it not f'ing obvious?!?

:(

Oh honey - I obviously don't have the answer ref your OH, but some men are just useless during times of crisis. They think keeping things normal is helpful to us, where as all women usually want is to be allowed to cry, to vent and to take time to deal with things.

He probably feels really out of control - unable to make things better for you and that is a horrible feeling of helplessness.

He shouldn't be questioning you about things - maybe you just need to be honest and just spill everything - how much you are hurting etc and ask him to respect the fact you just need to be sad. It is no reflection on him, it is just something you need to do to cope with the situation.

When my step dad was dying I had loads of friends trying to cheer me up, keep it light, and it drove me mad. Then when my real dad was going through the same thing, I just had enough and ended up snapping at people and they soon shut up. All I wanted was a hug - no greetings cards sentiments rolled off the tongue and no 'it's all going to be ok' crap.

Really feel for you at this time. Try and keep your chin up, and if you can't then have a good old wail. There is no right and wrong way to react when grieving to loss or potential loss of a loved one.

*Hugs*,

A x

So sorry Colly. Youy know we're here for you to moan at anytime.

As for men, they can be incredibly useless at times (most of the time to be honest ;)). He will be there for you when you really need him though and thats what matters.

Back