The Journey of H - depression

O Ferret you are a yarn snob arent you
and that card took a MAJOR bashing
nice to find another yarn snob
do you sometimes buy yarns simplybecause they are SO gorgeous and you save them until the right pattern comes along - as you can tell I do too
and I am a knitting notions snob too - I have GREAT NEEDLES- if I spend on yarn I need the right tools :):)

I love all those patterns I might just have to buy that cocoon book an yarn to make either elise gigi or even jeanie
goodness knows how much that will cost me as I wanted some yarn to make the poncho too (might however make that out of patons alpaca JET - I can get that at 2.75 a ball so wont break the bank)

I almost wish I hadnt asked you now but at least I have someone to blame :):)

love you :):)

Luv you too hunni !!!!!

It is just SO great to find someone else who feels about yarn just as I do :):)

having thought I will be buying that book and will cuddle up tonight with yarn and needles cocoon wont take long to knit up either :)

No there was a woman in the shop whilst I was there and she said that she has made 3 tops out of the book and Cocoon is a really quick knit...
I did look at some Cocoon when I was in Libertys the other week,but the staff were really unhelpful about patterns so I didn't get any at the time... but boy did I yesterday. The colour that I bought 'Cloud' looks really blue in the book,but it's more of a silvery grey - it's gorgous

The alpaca that I bought were a dark black and a lighter grey - very much my colours.. I dont do 'girly' shades...

I dont do girly shades either - I was thinking silver grey for the coccoon or a terracotta shade if they do it
but have to admit black would be my all time fav - bet they dont do black
right off to get ready so I can meet E and the boys at the planned time :)
will let you know of my purchases when I return

Afternoon...H..:)
You are soooooooooo clever being able to knit,im totally rubbish at crafts like that,just dont have any patience at all,in fact we had to knit a purse at school years ago and mine turned out completly different in shape,size etc that the teacher had to do a different design for mine :eek::D:p LOL
Glad you are having brillz day hun xxxx

we all have our talents dont we ? and we all have things we cant do-luckily between us all we probably have most things covered

MommyB that is so true
I have to say the cocoon yarn is very soft and lovely to work with
I think I have chosen the most complex pattern in the book (or not far from it) this will not be a quick knit but it is for me - its expensive and I deserve every penny of it - I wont hurry the work as I want it to be really special
colour chosen billberry design Jeanie :)
for those that want to see
the design is on this page
The Rowan Cocoon Collection English Yarns Online Store
the yarn colours are here
Rowan Cocoon - Rowan Yarns RYC Sirdar Sublime English Yarns knitting wool wools cotton English Yarns handknitting DMC cross stitch needlework needlecraft mail order cotton pure and mixed wool magazines books yarn shade cards knitting and needlecraft

Hiya again..just had a look at the links...one word..WONDERFUL.
All the knitwear items are lovely,i think the bag+scarf are great too..:):):)
xx

Afternoon...H..:)
You are soooooooooo clever being able to knit,im totally rubbish at crafts like that,just dont have any patience at all,in fact we had to knit a purse at school years ago and mine turned out completly different in shape,size etc that the teacher had to do a different design for mine :eek::D:p LOL
Glad you are having brillz day hun xxxx

Yeah but you can cook and bake and make jams etc I can't... wish I could...

I think I have chosen the most complex pattern in the book (or not far from it) this will not be a quick knit but it is for me - its expensive and I deserve every penny of it - I wont hurry the work as I want it to be really special
colour chosen billberry design Jeanie :)
for those that want to see
the design is on this page
http://www.englishyarns.co.uk/rowan_the_cocoon_collection.html

I looked at this pattern first - think I will be making more than one of the patterns in this book, its probably one of the few books that I will actually get my monies worth out of...

Oh and btw.. confession time....I have enough yarn in my 'stash' to open my own shop and I am being serious when I say that..just ask OH... Its embarrassing.... I feel like an addict..

My name is Madferret and I am an addict... there I feel better already

well I have not yet got to the stage where I need to admit anything (believe that and you really are in need of help) I have a room full of yarn and more stashed behind the sofa and down the side of it
why do you think my daughter moved out - we dont have room for her and my obsession :)
but the cocoon is really nice and soft and yes I too will get my moneys worth from this book I think I could do most of them in the book :) right I am off to bed with a book I have done just 6 rows of the back need to get my head round the pattern that is written as two lots - its a four repeat through a 28 repeat (so four lots of the four within a bigger pattern of 28) once I have done one lot of 28 it will be doing itself - well I hope so :):)

MommyB if we work at our crafts we wont want to eat finger foods as we wont want to get our crafts dirty

Irene thank you - all the shades are lovely very muted

well this morning again I feel quite light - whether it is the b vits kicking in or just a lighter mood I am unsure - but today is going to be a good day and I WILL make the most of it
have great days everyone whatever you decide to do

Evening H

How is the knitting going .. ? I have yet to cast on for mine... OH is going out later for a few drinks with one of his friends who is home for the weekend, so when the boys are in bed I might try and start it off...

Just had a few fireworks in the garden for the boys which they liked but then it started raining so we are back indoors in the warmth

Hope you have had a great day...

Love
T
xx

Hi MF I am trying to finish off my daughters scarf whilst still doing a little of my jacket
I have done about 6 rows of pattern and its feeling really nice now it is a fabric and I just love the colour it is so me :)
I have a brill book I am trying to read
and today I have been in the kitchen cooking
I have made mango apple and ginger chutney (just about to pop that into jars
and I did blackberry and rose preserve
and I am going to be rolling out the shortbread and cooking that shortly - then in for the big knit

Fuzzy thank you I hope you have a great sunday too
mood today is again quite light - I am liking this :)

Back