The Journey of H - depression

it would be great if you could share her motivational words of wisdom

as for being here for the long haul - so am I - I will do this and to be honest although I wish it would happen by next month - I dont care how long it takes as long as I do do it :)

right today is a delicate day
hair is great - I was up in the night with a headach and I think the fact I am delicate today could be linked to lack of sleep
off to work shortly - and its raining here so that is not good

I am going to stick mostly to soup today - it seems that soup keeps you feeling fuller for much longer (for the same calories) as it stays in the stomach for longer - if that is the case it can only help

taking two ads wont hurt just remember to take them one at a time on most days :):)
hair looks great this morning
right off to work before I am late

hi H, a new cut and colour sound great.
How was the soup ?

spinach and orange soup is lovely
the hair is great too
more like a clair cut than a helen cut
last time clair (student) followed the assistant directors (helen) cut she gave me - this time between us we went for a few changes :)

right just a quickie before work
yesterday I felt a bit delicate and didnt eat much all day - just soup and a cheese straw - at dinner time I ate quorn burger sw chips beans mushrooms - and felt sick all night
so today I just dont feel hungry
wont be taking much to work today but do have mugshots and some 10 cal soups in the cupboard - might take a couple of hightlights as well
will see how I feel before deciding on dinner
hope everyone has a great day

Jane is pattern in the post :):) no thats not a nag

Morning H

Glad that the soup was good and that you are still loving your hair ... yayyy

Went to Holland & Barrett after work last night and spent £40 on stuff to make me feel better - I have a duff immune system at the moment, so I am now rattling along full of Goldenseal root, echinacea fizz, and lysine etc etc....

Who needs a chemist ... not I - I could give Boots a run for it's money at the moment

Have a good day at work...

Hugs

T
x

T I am as bad
I am on a multi vit and mineral
a bvit complex
three different things to help arthritis and I do feel better for them lot less problems with my joints - but depression will take a little longer

not felt too well all day - thats a hold over from being and feeling sick last night
total calories today will be just under 1300 and stuck to slimming world too
I have been very good this week and will deserve a loss - BUT I am not stepping on the scales till monday 30th november but they I want my 10%

H,just mentioned the pattern on my diary-sorry havent sent it yet-yes i know i'm useless-but think my dad can scan and email it so will ask him when i go there tomorrow or friday, otherwise back to snail mail! (lets face it i could've walked to your house and delivered it by hand by now!!).
I have taken up the bvit complex,at your suggestion, only been a few days and feel better already-so soon it could be the placebo effect-but who cares, its helping!!
What do you think of those SAD lamps ? MrB thinks i should try one, but they seem quite expensive...

Jane I want a lamp but like you say they are quite expensive - they are supposed to be very very good - but I would love to try before I buy at those prices - and I dont think it would be worth cutting corners with them either - I think you would have to buy a good one
apart from that it is know that the sun on the retinas helps (so on sunny days even it cold it is worth sitting in the garden for a while with a book - just wear a coat - or of course going for a walk - but its so cloudy at the mo it hardly seems worth it - most of us are indoors all day with no natural light at this time of year

as for pattern it would be great - just pmed you if fact - so ignore that :):)

and guess who is up in the night with a headache AGAIN

last nights headache was bad
perhaps I should go to the doc as they are happening far too often for my liking
its one thing to have them in the day - quite another to be woken in the night with one

I got back to bed at about 6ish - not to sleep but to rest for an hour before getting up
I now feel very very tired and sluggish and really need my dinner
mushroom omelette with salad and some pot wedges - so quite healthy really :)will most likely be very early to bed tonight - maybe with a book
tomorrow I can have a lye in and will be going to the next town with my friend and her two boys - our plan is to walk the 7 miles home :):) but we will get the bus there
as we arent leaving till lunch time I am going to stay in bed in the morning with a good book then get up for a leisurely bath :):)

Good morning H

Hope today sees you feeling slightly better if not totally well ?

I had a yarn fest yesterday - daren't tell you the total cost but boy did I come home with my arms full of luxury goodness in 50g balls - LOL and loads of new pattern books.... I was so excited but had to smuggle it into the house as OH would have had a seizure if he'd spotted it...

Enjoy your day today with the little ones - hope the planned walk goes ahead - they will deffo sleep tonight...

Have a great day

T
x

Fuzzy you are more than welcome - get the spray one and keep it on you - use it at need :) you wont overdose on it

T you CANNOT do that to me I want a PM with full details of yarns costs and patterns to be knitted - then I will do the same for you
I have been and got some lovely noro yarn that I will be making into a wonderful pattern in one of the sublime books
I have some of this in a purple lilac Gedifra Filorosa Knitting Yarn, Knitting Patterns and Wools from Pavi Yarns UK Online Wool Shop
which is going to be a twirly scarf for my daughter
I have some thick chunky in smokey colours that will become fingerless mittens for her BF
today I am going to a little yarn shop in a nearby town to see what I can get to make a poncho it needs two thread together of aran weight

I have just made a little hairband with a flower on for a baby girl I know

right I will stop boring others that are NOT knitters and share how I feel today

today I am feeling a little 'lighter' in mood not weight
I was going to do a DD today but its now going to be a med day
I really dont think I can go the the next town and then walk back (7 miles) with my friend and her little boys on a dd

I have been reading a new book that a friend gave me and I loved it
not everyones cup of tea as the genre is fantasy and about a girl and her developing magical talents its part of a trilogy and I am now about to start part two
I am so looking forward to today - been a while since I have felt like this
must remember by b vits :)

H - you crease me up...

I bought 6 balls of Cocoon in Cloud to make Kari from this Book
The Rowan Cocoon Collection English Yarns Online Store

I also brought some Noro to make
Freda pattern

Also bought 2 lots of Alpaca to make two of these cardies (Hedda)..
Rowan Classic Winter Solace - Alpaca Cotton English Yarns Online Store
But the buttons were ridiculously expensive - bought some horn ones that were £1.65 each and I need 5....

I also bought some green Linen Lenpur to make Cheer in this book..
Rowan Studio 16

As you can tell I am a bit of yarn snob - none of the prickly acrylic for the Ferret - no sireeee

O Ferret you are a yarn snob arent you
and that card took a MAJOR bashing
nice to find another yarn snob
do you sometimes buy yarns simplybecause they are SO gorgeous and you save them until the right pattern comes along - as you can tell I do too
and I am a knitting notions snob too - I have GREAT NEEDLES- if I spend on yarn I need the right tools :):)

I love all those patterns I might just have to buy that cocoon book an yarn to make either elise gigi or even jeanie
goodness knows how much that will cost me as I wanted some yarn to make the poncho too (might however make that out of patons alpaca JET - I can get that at 2.75 a ball so wont break the bank)

I almost wish I hadnt asked you now but at least I have someone to blame :):)

love you :):)

Back