The last of the Mohicans

I managed to get 1/2 of the closet done ... wow wow wow :oops:
I enlisted my daughter to help put things up on consignment online

My husband came in last night and made a comment (justified) that with all the "purses", jewelry, shoes and clothes bought - He could buy himself another car :confused: - I know he's not totally wrong so I kept my mouth shut

Well done on a great loss whilst living life to the fullest!
You might want to remind your husband that cars are a depreciating asset, whereas shoes and handbags are a low risk investment in yourself

Fantastic, great loss :)

Agreed, Darcy, never too many handbags (or shoes, or boots)

That's what I tell my husband... The bags are an investment in themselves! Yet some have never been worn... Even though I've invested in bags within a bag thingy...
Anyone know of a smart way to store scarves? Aside from their boxes?

Some people in life are great organizers, others aren't... I fall in the last category. I've already hired someone to reorganize my closet twice in the past year, it's so embarrassing - the only person i trust though is my best friend! she makes me try some of the stuff and we sometimes laugh so hard because some of the clothes are ridiculous! I don't even remember buying them or what was going through my head at the time :eek:
She's so organized, her house is so organized, she knows where everything is (she also knows where everything here as well)... I'm in awe and I love her to bits! wish she were here right now *cry* I can't do this by myself, I just don't have the patience

What an amazing diary and i know what you mean about buying things all the time. I cured myself of the continually buying clothes to find the items that would make me look good and disguise my weight when i got into marie kondo. I read one of her books early last year and spent the whole year kondo'ing my house and only keeping things that 'truly spark joy'. Im not usually into things like that but it made a huge difference to the clutter in my life and my head. In previous years when i have lost weight i have kept clothes for the inevitable putting back on of weight - this time it will be different.

your diary is an amazing journey ☺ xx

I have a bag obsession. You really can't have too many.

Countrylass thanks... I try to curb my spending I think I may have mentioned it at the beginning of my diary. I try to shop for one bag per season and 2-3 pairs of shoes.
I've already gone over the limit for both for Spring.. And have pretty much borrowed into summer at this point :oops:
Plus now they have added extra seasons... Resort wear in December, pre-spring, pre-fall you get my drift... I'm a sucker too... Love buying

It's funny I never had a bag obsession and didn't understand it at all. Until I started this diet 3 months ago...now I can't buy clothes because I haven't dropped a size yet and don't know what size to buy anyway...and suddenly I've discovered bags. I've bought 4 in the last 3 months I used to buy 1 every 2 or 3 years.!!!

Seeing as there is no point in buying clothes until the weigh is gone since being on this diet I have gained one bag, a pair of shoes and a pair of boots since being on this diet :oops:

I have had to limit myself - it could have been more :(

Haha, we are all such typical women arent we.

Shoes are my downfall. I used to spend a fortune on shoes when I was working in the city. But when I was pregnant, my feet expanded from a size 5 to a size 6 and never went back! I'm finding it really hard to part with my collection though... although I did donate a nearly-new pair of Jimmy Choos to the church jumble sale and almost baulked when I saw they priced them up at £10!!! These days I'm much more a converse kind of girl and my shoe collection is slowly being gifted to friends with more dainty feet than me :)

I am SOOO hungry today! I just want to cry - probably the carbs? or the PT session - I don't know but today isn't my day!
I've already had 3l of water

Shoes are my downfall. I used to spend a fortune on shoes when I was working in the city. But when I was pregnant, my feet expanded from a size 5 to a size 6 and never went back! I'm finding it really hard to part with my collection though... although I did donate a nearly-new pair of Jimmy Choos to the church jumble sale and almost baulked when I saw they priced them up at £10!!! These days I'm much more a converse kind of girl and my shoe collection is slowly being gifted to friends with more dainty feet than me :)

Nooo! Don't part with them yet! you may still be able to wear them after you lose the weight... it's happened to me.

It's so funny you guys don't buy clothes, I still do just in a size smaller. Max Mara is my go to for basics which I can wear even if it's larger. I'm an Hermes addict and I do buy a lot of their accessories and purses... I think my husband is tired of seeing orange boxes stacking up :oops:

I am SOOO hungry today! I just want to cry - probably the carbs? or the PT session - I don't know but today isn't my day!
I've already had 3l of water

Oh no. What time did you have breakfast?
Can you have a more filling lunch?

Nooo! Don't part with them yet! you may still be able to wear them after you lose the weight... it's happened to me.

It's so funny you guys don't buy clothes, I still do just in a size smaller. Max Mara is my go to for basics which I can wear even if it's larger. I'm an Hermes addict and I do buy a lot of their accessories and purses... I think my husband is tired of seeing orange boxes stacking up :oops:

If you ever feel the need to part with a Birkin bag part with it my way lol! If I ever had money that would be my bag of choice but it will never happen x

Back