The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Hey guys, sorry I abandoned you - I have been 2 timing Minimims with MySpace in the last few days (but I'm pretty bored of that now). Also sitting in a new place at work and manager now right behind my screen (damn!!).

Haven't fallen off the diet wagon. In fact, been good like I said I was going to be. 790 feels like so much, haven't actually had my meal yet. Going to have a WHOLE plain steamed chicken breast and 6 spears of asparagus when I'm off the 'net. Still not hopeful for weigh in though as only lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks. Losses are nowhere near as good as they were to start with but I guess my body is having to fight harder to get it off now. Really hope I lose more than the pound I lost last time otherwise I will start to question just how justifiable this diet is in terms of finance (790 is killing me - £34 for packs PLUS £19 for a weeks worth of food and veg at Tecos).

Coley - Well done on completing your presentation. You need to chill out and relax sometimes though!!

Hope everyone else is doing OK. Right, I'm off to do my dinner....

Hello

Hope you're all going well with your mission. Me? mmmm, didn't fall off the wagon but kind of jumped off and launched into a feeding frenzy, now feel sad but somehow not sad enough to stay on the wagon. Each day starts well but then it all goes downhill:(

Ah well tomorrow will be another day.

Count me in for this one as well. My last weigh in was 4 weeks ago, when I was 11 stone. - 2lbs away from my provisional target, but I really need to be less than this as I am only 5'4" tall. I really like to be 10 - 10 1/2 stone, and maintain in that half a stone. I am also trying to do CD packs + low carb, but I am going back to do the 1000 cals to the letter after I see CDC next Tuesday and have next official weigh in. I have been on holiday and have put some on, but not sure how much. At the gym I was 11st3lbs but their scales are not the same as CDC, and it was a different time of day. My fat percentage has gone up 1% though.
Brilliant idea for a thread, thanks, hope you will all help motivate me to shift this last stone.
Ann xx

MORNING ALL!!!!...ok so it's not morning now but it was when I started writing this!!:rolleyes:

Well, saw lovely clients last night. adn then poor freezing cold parents shuffled an hour up the road to steal one of my heaters and have first Mummy weigh in!

She lost 7lbs which I am muchos pleased with for her! But she was a bad mummy and ate a scone and soup last week!! She's such a sucker for scones....eventhough she did atkins for 6 years....the scones/bread kept on getting munched! so she got tutted at for that and told she's not allowed to do that again!! bad mummy!

Friend Kirsty came round yesterday also..her boiler is kaput too!! so another one of my heaters has been lent out but not before watching Robin Hood and having copious amounts of coffee and giggles.:D

So was a good night, but todays plan is....get delivery of stock again....must do some planning of the design for my materials for dissertation, read my stuff that I must read and make the mad dash to the bank with a scary amount of cash in my purse and hope I don't get mugged(!) and then I am hopping off to Glasgow for some time time with Gavin before I see him on my b'day then he's off to Kazakhstan and around about places on another adventure for 2 weeks! Do they even have email there? Hrm....will just have to wait and see!

MandyB2 - lets not discuss my scales....I'm taking a strop with them those mean scales!!!!!!:mad: no more mango....mango is a bad thing...must not eat mango, this is my mantra for the week! How are you getting on? I shuffle on and read and I'm sure I read stuff about you, but I forget everything in about 10 secs flat (mind like goldfish me)

Jubbly - MY SPACE!!! booooo!! bebo anyday. darn managers sneaking up, tell me about it...on the odd occassion mine is in she is forever behind me catching me on the net! eek! You're doing good on 790!! Do you like cottage cheese....it's like 54p a pot....and you eat the whole pot....so about 4 quid for cottage cheese for a week and veggies....is asparagus expensive? sounds posh and expensive to me! maybe you could switch to mushrooms or something? I still save money being on this diet and eating minimal food really.....gawd....if I think about the minimum £3 I spent at uni for lunch each day, plus the random vending machine visits and then breakfast and dinner which may possibly be either....pasta with pesto, or more likely indian take away.....and then at work on the weekend, the constant trips for sweeties cause of the bordom and then lunch...oh...goodness knows how I survived before! I'm sure I spent way more than £50 on stuff, otherwise how did I get so fat to start off with? it certainly wasn't by eating only 3 meals a day of good healthy food!! Was Dinner good??? :) I know I must chill out....I get sooooooo stressed about all this lark though.....they never made us do it for the last 3 years and suddenly launched it on us and I really don't like it!!! waaaaaah!!
:(:(

Cheb - hey there!! flippin' wagon eh? hrm....right. What was it that you were aiming for? How are you doing today? I am ok so far, but have only been up for an hour properly...it seem to be mid afternoon where things start to go wrong for me....bordom....trying to avoid getting started doing some work and hey presto! dried mango being eaten by the kilo! great! I have extra motivation on 2 fronts now, my mum is 5 inches smallers than me, but she was 10st 11lbs last week and is now 10st 4lbs....and I want to be that small!! mum can do 7lbs in a week, I can darn well try!!! and my clients....I would hate to be getting bigger and bigger for them. I know it is motivational for them to see someone who is in control of their weight....but it's sooo hard!!! I sit and prod all my squidgy bits and stick my tummy out and look at it.:rolleyes: it's that whole close to goal chatterbox thing that is getting to you Cheb!! you want to finish what you have started, so take it 20 mins at a time and think of things to stop the cravings....brushing teeth is quite a good one...eating after that isn't nice! Karions posts are really useful, espeically the one for keeping on track, lots of useful quotes there to think about. Hope you're ok!!

Westhills - Ann, AKA Mother WeMITT!!! hello!! welcome to the thread! you look fabby btw, have seen pictures!! Ann, I am sure you will be fine, you've been super determined all the way through so far!! Last stone is the worst though....goodness knows why because it is the same as all the other stones!!! I'm with you on the 10st front...I am 10st 13lbs (and stuck) and I WILL BE 10st on the dot. It may take me 2 months, but I will get there! So here we go!!!!!!

Sharon - where have you wandered off to? I do read your thread - some blues thingies just been booked, but again, my mind like a goldfish...I forget everything else. Goodness knows how I am going to manage my exams with my brain all scattered like this!! how are you doing hun??

Lashly, Deb, Jackie?? have you all abandoned the last stone mission and jumped ship? :(

Right....signing off. It is really not decent to be recieving deliveries from a 60 year old man in your dressing gown!! :eek: and I'm a classy laaaaaaady!! hee hee. Plus I've been typing this for ...sheesh...half an hour or something. ah dear!!

Keep truckin'!!

Hey Coley, cottage cheese repulses me I'm afraid - I'm funny about cheese. Just cheddar or mozzerella and ONLY melted for me (preferably on a pizza with tonnes of meat and onions:D ). Asparagus is quite expensive but I'm v picky about veg as well. I have however got some mushroom and celery to have this week too and I tried mixed cabbage and leeks and LIKED IT (though don't think am allowed leeks on 790). Can't eat it again though as had very unfortunate side effect and think I would have cleared the streets if I had left the house afterwards. You mum sounds like she's doing great - I only lost 4lbs on first weigh in AND I didn't cheat at all.

Tried a peanut bar for the first time today - they're good aren't they? And to think I don't even like nuts usually. The evil Lovefilm people sent me a free green and blacks chocolate and butterscotch bar in the post today but I gave it to my friend at work and felt very nice as well as virtuous.

If I'm not in the 9s tomorrow at weigh in I am going to be seriously pi*sed off. Will update afterwards.

Hi Girls

I'm on the final furlong too and it's going to be hard.

So, if I may join you and we can give each other some help I'd be grateful and will be glad to support you.

Marylyn xx

Hi Marylyn, great to have more people join us on the last stone mission.

Guys, I lost FOUR POUNDS tonight and I'm so pleased after I only lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks put together. Yay me!! Am also in the nines and 1lb off having a weight with only two numbers in it:eek:
Still well in ketosis as well on 790, hurrah!!

Clare.

Thanks Clare

I wish the comfort zone of ketosis would come soon. I've been ssing again since Monday on Lipotrim and it has been so uncomfortable. Tummy collapsing, rumbling, hollowness. I've never known it to be so bad.

I had one extra LT today and am hoping to cut it back down to three tomorrow.

I don't feel hungry - but I'm aware that I'm starving if you know what I mean.

Another day done anyway.

Marylyn xx

I bet that meal tasted good.

I think I'm back in the comfort zone of ketosis after a gruelling day yesterday. I nearly cried with the sensation of starvation. I wasn't hungry, but my poor tum was collapsing in on itself. Do you know the feeling?

I can understand people saying enough is enough.

The last stone is going to be hard ss'ing because the weather is getting colder too.

Such sheer grit and determination is needed girls. Let's keep going.

Marylyn xxx

Hello Missioners!!!

Welcome Marylyn!!! :D:D This last stone is always hard and I have been trying to do it for ages!!!!! :rolleyes: Glad you're feeling better - I haven't had net access for a little bit so sorry I wasn't here!!

Susan - I think that is good hun, protein and green veggies. Gold star for you. Planned eating is fine, as long as you have the control and avoid the carbs so you don't have the horrible getting into ketosis thing again.

Jubbly!!! - 4lbs! yippeeeeeeeeee!!! You're kicking my ass on the mission!! boooooo!! :D:D;) In the 9's!! thats fantastic!! woooooo!! I wish I could say that!

Right so, update. I have been in Glasgow seeing bf and it was fine....not sure where our relationship is at the moment so not going to say too much. Went to see the Grudge 2, which wasn't that scary but this bunch of girls (who were waaaaaaay too young to be in the film) kept screaming at every opportunity!! strange people. So just now I'm back in Dundee and back off to Dunfermline for my lovely weekend at parents with no heating and having to deal with moaning people....lovely! On the plus side, it's my birthday on Tuesday so my parents are celebrating it with me this weekend instead and we've got grannies and stuff coming round. So something to look forward to I suppose!! :rolleyes:

Not got a huge amount of stuff to say today, head is full of sad thoughts and I'm quite a private person when it comes to my relationships and emotional stuff and all that lark so I shall leave you guys and come back when I am a bit more perky!!!

Hello Missioners!!!

Welcome Marylyn!!! :D:D This last stone is always hard and I have been trying to do it for ages!!!!! :rolleyes: Glad you're feeling better - I haven't had net access for a little bit so sorry I wasn't here!!

Susan - I think that is good hun, protein and green veggies. Gold star for you. Planned eating is fine, as long as you have the control and avoid the carbs so you don't have the horrible getting into ketosis thing again.

Jubbly!!! - 4lbs! yippeeeeeeeeee!!! You're kicking my ass on the mission!! boooooo!! :D:D;) In the 9's!! thats fantastic!! woooooo!! I wish I could say that!

Right so, update. I have been in Glasgow seeing bf and it was fine....not sure where our relationship is at the moment so not going to say too much. Went to see the Grudge 2, which wasn't that scary but this bunch of girls (who were waaaaaaay too young to be in the film) kept screaming at every opportunity!! strange people. So just now I'm back in Dundee and back off to Dunfermline for my lovely weekend at parents with no heating and having to deal with moaning people....lovely! On the plus side, it's my birthday on Tuesday so my parents are celebrating it with me this weekend instead and we've got grannies and stuff coming round. So something to look forward to I suppose!! :rolleyes:

Not got a huge amount of stuff to say today, head is full of sad thoughts and I'm quite a private person when it comes to my relationships and emotional stuff and all that lark so I shall leave you guys and come back when I am a bit more perky!!!
I feel fine today , so am I in the clear ?
XXXXX Susan:)

Started SSing again on Thursday.....failed and ate in Frankie & Bennys....with my CDC :eek:

Started SSing again on Friday....failed and ate the Minature Heroes that were at work with me.

Started again today.....so far so good, 1 pack and nothing else.

In my head I'm about to fail though cos a cinema trip this pm will mean having to resist a bag of pick and mix. If I survive that my next hurdle will be tomorrows halloween party and yummy buffet!!!!!

Trouble seems to be that I always have some sort of social event on - seems that all MY social events include food!!!!!

Oh well, will try to take it slowly and not think too far ahead or else I tend to think blow it, if I'm going to fail tomorrow I may as well fail today:mad:

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

I think I need to sign up with you guys.

I've lost nearly 2 and a half stone on SS, then did a week of AAM and felt ready to move on to 790 which I planned to do until I reached 12 stone, then move up the other plans. I was so good on SS (only downfall was one night of alcohol and I learned my lesson!!!). AAM and first 2 weeks of 790 were good too, but this week I've wanted to pick at food, (and have been picking at food).

My issues are:
Although I'm on the contraeptive injection I have one period about every 3 months which seems to be now.

I'm p*ed off cos I'm on nights tonight and have to work "the extra hour"

I've had a really demanding week at work and had no time to myself.

I know I'm not physically hungry, but when I've eaten my 790 meal I just want to carry on eating. Picking at different things. (which was alway my problem before)

There is a box of minature heros in the fridge at work, I ate loads the other day (and didn't enjoy them) but this is only going to get worse as christmas approaches.

Although I'm now at 12 st 3, I want to lose more weight as have lots of fat around my tummy area still. I think I'd like to 790 to get another half stone off and then try to lose the last half stone moving through the other plans.

I don't think my head is in the right place yet to bring my body out of ketosis and could actually be tempted to go back onto SS for a couple of weeks, but think I need to address the "eat - voice" inside my head and what is triggering it.

Why is it all coming unstuck now???

Sharon - where have you wandered off to? I do read your thread - some blues thingies just been booked, but again, my mind like a goldfish...I forget everything else. Goodness knows how I am going to manage my exams with my brain all scattered like this!! how are you doing hun??

Hi babes

Apologies for being neglectful recently - sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to contribute to all the threads I'd like to :)

Yep I'm going away next weekend. I attend about 2 or 3 blues weekends a year which is a great opportunity to catch up with friends and enjoy some great music too - even if it does invariably involve not getting to bed much before about 4.00 am and drinking far too much than is good for me :rolleyes:

I was 11st 2 lbs on my digital scales this morning, and am largely still sole-sourcing until I reach 11 stone and start to move up the maintenance steps. However, I did have some chicken and green salad tonight and am going to friends tomorrow who want to cook for us ... eeek!!! She asked me what I could eat and said she was thinking about a King Prawn curry and would that be OK? Erm ... how about NO!! *lol*

We've agreed on either chicken or salmon and veg now - so hopefully that won't be too damaging. Next week I'll be back on track to hit that 11 stone mark - even though I know I'll need to shift the excess poundage I'll no doubt put on next weekend before going into my maintenance program and reaching my 10 - 10.5 stone target.

We'll get there, though, won't we? ;) :cool:

Hello everyone. I think I've lost the inches (so hopefully weight) that I put on whilst on holiday. Clothes that only just fit before, are now better, so fingers crossed fo official weigh in on Tuesday. I've got into a bit of a routine at the moment, which seems to be keeping the evening munchies at bay - they were impossible to fight only last week. In the morning, I have 2 pints of water and then a breakfast of 40g porridge oats with a handfull of sultanas & some flaked almonds, 300ml water - 5 mins in mocrowave. This is good for keeping you feeling full for hours. 2 more pints of water. At about 1 o clock, I have a cup of decaff with a heaped teaspoonful of butterscotch or toffee & walnut shake mix & an apple. 2 more pints of water. At about 4 o clock I have half a Cambridge bar which has been cut up into 8 little pieces and frozen, togeter with another coffee as before. 2 more pints of water. About 7, I have evening meal of chicken quorn or other protein + LOADS of finely chopped veggies peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, onion, carrot mushroom, etc.(I use one of those V shaped mandolin slicers) About 9, I have one of my Cambridge desserts (e mail for recipe) with fruit & yoghurt. Another coffee with shake mix before bed, and another piece of fruit if I want it.
Not strictly any official plan, but it's getting me back on track.
Ann xxx

Hi babes

Apologies for being neglectful recently - sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day to contribute to all the threads I'd like to :)

Yep I'm going away next weekend. I attend about 2 or 3 blues weekends a year which is a great opportunity to catch up with friends and enjoy some great music too - even if it does invariably involve not getting to bed much before about 4.00 am and drinking far too much than is good for me :rolleyes:

I was 11st 2 lbs on my digital scales this morning, and am largely still sole-sourcing until I reach 11 stone and start to move up the maintenance steps. However, I did have some chicken and green salad tonight and am going to friends tomorrow who want to cook for us ... eeek!!! She asked me what I could eat and said she was thinking about a King Prawn curry and would that be OK? Erm ... how about NO!! *lol*

We've agreed on either chicken or salmon and veg now - so hopefully that won't be too damaging. Next week I'll be back on track to hit that 11 stone mark - even though I know I'll need to shift the excess poundage I'll no doubt put on next weekend before going into my maintenance program and reaching my 10 - 10.5 stone target.

We'll get there, though, won't we? ;) :cool:
`i feel like I know you , you look just like a friend of mine. we are at almost the same place weight wise [ 11.1] with the same target.I am 5 7 and feeling very thin now. So this whole game is changing for me. I started at 17.7 , what about you ? It is great !!!!!
Susan

Hi, can I join you? I'm currently on CD SS, and haven't been doing it long (day 18) but I only wanted to lose a couple of stone originally and I'm down about 10lbs already. I should be off SS by week 5 hopefully if I am officially no longer overweight.
I know it's not quite my final stone but I have to admit I'm finding the rest of the forum a bit depressing, everyone is losing vast amounts. I'm delighted for everyone who is doing so well, and can only gasp in admiration when people embark on a VLCD for 6 months or more. But weight loss is always slowest when you haven't got that much to shift and since my first week (when you expect to do well) I have only lost 2.5 lbs over 10 days, despite being totally committed, eating nothing else, glugging down 4.5 litres of water a day and doing my dance classes.
OK, enough self-pity, I'm currently 10st10lb, aiming for 9st7lb with the intention of staying permanently under 10st. At 5'4½" this will have me nicely in the healthy weight range, and where I've spent most of my adult years until I got careless.

At last a bit of movement on the weight front, down 1.5lbs this morning. It is so much harder to diet when the scales seem stuck! OK we are only supposed to weigh once a week to avoid this syndrome I know, but a week is a long time in dieting.
Can't wait for add a meal or 790, whichever comes first, I'm so close to healthy bmi now, but my weigh in is tonight and everyone's always heavier in the evening with clothes than in the morning without. So another week before I get there officially, and that will be week 5 anyway.

Back