The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Oh dear oh dear Missioners! where are we!!?

I have well and truely jumped off the wagon for my Birthday! eating everything in site but feeling very very ill in the middle of the night for it.....I think it must have been the carbs. So today is my last day of badness! It's Halloween and I'm off out with my friends for my b'day celebrations and dressing up!! yey!

Actual Birthday was a bit of a let down...during the day I went out and got abuse shouted at me and had to deal with bf's ex who I had a lot of issues with because she wanted time alone with my bf and wasn't ever willing to meet me, which I find really weird. So that wasn't good....then bf's car broke down so he had to hire a van so all in all I was alone till about 9.15pm! Lots of nice messages on here and from my friends though so that was nice! But 21st really not all it's cracked up to be! I didn't even blow out any candles!

A bit too knackered to reply to everyone at the mo, but sounds as if you are all going well!! fabby-dabby-doo!!! keep at it!

Coley, hope tonight's birthday celebrations are better than the actual day was. Do post a pic of you in costume!! I love dressing up but I'm just going to be a slob this year. My big costume fest will be in January when I'm going to be the wicked fairy in our pantomime, hopefully a slim wicked fairy.

Well folks, after weigh in today, I am officially 1lb UNDER my provisional goal of 10st.12lbs.
I'm still going to stick to CD 1000 or thereabouts, as I'd like to lose another 7 lbs or so. Having said that, going to Amsterdam for a long weekend on Thursday evening, so I'm sure to put on then. It's not so much the food with me as I don't have a sweet tooth BUT I've only got to sniff alcohol and the scales go whizzing in the upwards direction!!!!!

`i feel like I know you , you look just like a friend of mine. we are at almost the same place weight wise [ 11.1] with the same target.I am 5 7 and feeling very thin now. So this whole game is changing for me. I started at 17.7 , what about you ? It is great !!!!!
Susan

Hi Susan .. and well done on doing so well with your diet!! :)

I started CD 8 months ago at 18 st 9 lbs (although was up to almost 19 stone at the end of last year) so have lost just over 7.5 stone on it now. I'm 5'6" so am aiming to be around the 10.7 mark - although I must admit I'm really quite happy with the way my figure looks now (even though I'm not quite so happy with the loose skin on my inner thighs and tummy .. ho hum :rolleyes: ).

I met someone while I was on holiday in Morocco who said they couldn't get over how much I looked like someone they knew. Seems like I have a few 'twins' around the place these days :D

This has seemed to get so much harder for me now , 'the last stone' I feel so good and I look better than I have in my life.
but I want to get to my goal !!!!!!
I ate for the first time in 5 1/2 months last week , and I think I have almost every day since. I have alot going on , changed jobs , so lunch , partie that kind of stuff , so I have what I call planned eating today, sat ,next wed ,16th and on the 23rd all for diffrent events.
I am eating on Gl more or less.so I am being somewhat good.
and I plan to stay 100% the rest of the time until I hit my goal .
XXXXX Susan
and I really feel OK about all of this becouse I am in control.

Susan, you have done brilliantly, especially now you can eat and be in control. And it sounds like your life has taken some good directions, enjoy.
I'm getting impatient with not having food, trying to make some decisions about how long to carry on. AAM starts next Thursday, then I should be on 790. But after a week or 2 of that I don't really want to go through all the steps, and can't anyway because we are going away for a few days on the 9th Dec. Then it will be Christmas, not a good time to try and pick up a diet.
I've found a regime that I think might suit me, a bit like Atkins but nowhere near as meat orientated, so after the 790 weeks I think I'll try that. Best thing is it has a long stabilisation phase and a realistic lifetime eating plan, putting on again is such a problem that I feel I need it. My CDC says she has many clients who use just the bars for maintenance, I just don't think they are nice enough for me to want them in preference to real food (plus I could get something I really liked for £1.55 a pop).

Hi guys

Sounds like you're mostly on track and that's good. Coley - what a bumer about your birthday. My 21st was rubbish and spolit by people too but don't worry - you have another one next year!! We all dressed up as zombies on Halloween and we got some ace photos - it's more convincing looking like the undead when you're not a size 16/18!!

Right, the muffin that was causing me so much agony that you may have read about. Well, I cut it in half, gave half to my friend and ate the other half. Then I had a mouthful of carrot and orange cake and left it at that. The cake was really nice and defintely worth it, the muffin on the other hand just made me feel sick for the rest of the day as it seemed so rich and chocolately. Urgh. SO, only 1lb off this week but down to 9st 9 now (only 2 numbers in my weight) so not too bothered. Want to go up to 1000 as think I should be on it but CDC said 'oh no I don't think you'll be able to control yourself and will blow your diet'. Considering that half muffin is pretty much the ONLY bad thing I've had in 13 weeks (have been out for a few meals but always carb free) I think that was a bit harsh. I should be going on it next week hopefully as really looking forward to that bowl of porridge with some banana in this freezing weather.

Well gotta love you and leave you as a million things to sort out on my day off before new job on Monday (argh!!). Ooh, bought loads of clothes yesterday and went into shops I would never have dared to before. Bought some size 12 jeans in Oasis in the sales and they are actually a BIT LOOSE around the waist!!! Topshop size 12 fitted too and they are usually really ungenourously cut methinks.

Won't be on here as often from next week as not on internet all day at work but will pop in and say hi once a week after WI probably.

Good Luck everybody on that last stone. :D

Clare.

Clare, congrats on the clothes sizes, I'm so looking forwards to enjoying clothes shopping again.

I'm a bit fed up again, weight sticking and getting bored with the diet. OK it's TOTM which I know makes a difference but that healthy line is tantalisingly close, just half a pound away. Reading another thread it seems that you can atually get better losses on 790, plus I'd have more energy which is getting me down a little. So when I see my CDC on Monday I will say I want to be more generous to myself on AAM so it merges into 790 the following week. I do still want to lose quite a bit (another stone in fact) but I don't mind it taking a bit longer.

Only two days to go and I can have some real food! And by my scales I now have a healthy bmi :).
Dance class last night was tough but I managed, I'm sure a bit of protein will help out there too. So I'm planning what to do with my upcoming meagre food allowance. I have a major worry about the packs though, once I can have real food I'm sure I won't want to have these pseudo shakes and soups. Although I eat several of the flavours I know I would never have them if the choice was between them and actual food.
Ah well, we shall see.

Hi all, especially the newcomers to the LSM.

I haven't managed to post on this for a while. My weight had stuck for various reasons but I at last went down a pound this morning so now have 13lb to go.

I will try to catch up with all the posts later. Hope the job is going well Jubbly.

Dizzy x

Hello All-
I have to tell you all Im back 100% , until the 16th , and then 23rd [Planned eatting] and until I hit 10.7
and then on with rest ,[and maybe another 1/2 stone in Mgt., I just have to wait and see, Im comfortable now.] I have less than a stone left to go to 10.7 so It could come off quick.but I know I slowed it in the past 2 weeks ,Oh well, But I feel really good that I havent put on weight.and have felt some control.
I have stayed GL ................More or less
I just had to say this and I think you all understand better than anyone in the world.
Lots of Kisses Susan

Hi folks,
Sounds like all you guys are doing well, slow but steady and really coming to terms with eating again. This thread is a big help to me because this bit has the most pitfalls.
I'm really excited at the thought of eating again today, my first day on AAM. And next week I start 790 so farewell SS for ever. Weight now at 10st5lb, and I would like to get down to 9st7lb (middle of healthy bmi range) with the intention of staying under 10st for life.
I've found a diet and lifetime eating plan that I feel will suit me, the book on it will be with me tomorrow hopefully so I can get on with planning for the future.
And life generally will be very busy for the next few months. I'm planning on doing three shows, pantomime rehearsals have already started and readings for one musical began Tuesday, and music workshops for the other will begin in December. Perhaps I'm mad, but being out in the evenings really keeps nibbling to a minimum.
Lots of positive vibes here, and from you all too, we'll crack this last stone together for certain.

Had a really bad weekend so far. For the first time since starting the diet I have cheated. No it wasn't a mistake, it was actually a conscious decision. I've picked up a bug from somewhere and have a really bad throat plus feeling cr*p. So yesterday I tried to do things, started feeling sick and dizzy and really weak. It left me having to decide what to do, I couldn't face the CD stuff, couldn't drink much but felt I had no strength resources left for fighting the bug. I had a choice between eating something that needed no effort and would boost my blood sugar while giving me protein or basically starving for the day.

Net result - I ate a small slice of fromage blanc cake. It's not as naughty as most cake, being mostly egg and fat free soft cheese with sugar and a tiny bit of flour. Had I known when I made it that I would be eating any I could have made it with sweetener instead of sugar. But I felt I needed the sugar. And I did pick up quite a bit afterwards so I feel it was a wise move under the circumstances.

So now I'm trying to do things properly today, still feeling rough but not in danger of falling off the wagon. I'm not going to push myself too hard on the water intake, just make sure I've had 2.25l and anything extra is a bonus. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping that I'll be down a reasonable amount. And I desperately need to buy some new jeans, mine are hanging off me.

Right. I have finally decided to post again...although I doubt I will be starting any new posts for a while. What a farce. I now feel like I'm being watched like a hawk but sod it!!

Hello Missioners! Thank you for not letting the thread die whilst I was AWOL!!!!

Bad news is...I took 9 days off...and put on 2lbs...good news is that I got back on the wagon and have lost them plus 4 more!! woooooo!!go meeee!!

so only 9 lbs left in the mission. I'm on 790. Bloody heck...I'm finding it super hard to fit inthe masses of food and all my packs!! eek! never thought I'd say that.

How are we all doing on the mission?:)

Hey guys. Thanks for asking Dizzy how my new job is going. It's great - the boys are er, challenging but fun. One of them told me today I have rolls of fat on my tummy when I was sat down but the others mostly concentrate on my cleavage!! I don't really mind 'cos at least they didn't see me in July when they would have been really mean about my weight probably. A thick skin is required methinks!!

Right, one poxy pound off again last week but still reaching target. Went onto 1000 on Friday and lovin' my porridge and fruit for lunch (skipping the carbs in the dinner for now). Did have a complete planned binge at the weekend though which I had always said I would as I went to visit old friends. Had - 4 glasses on wine on Friday and on Saturday had chicken wings, a cappucino, steak and chips, a BOTTLE of wine and half a tub of Ben and Jerrys. Then on Sunday I was happy to not have anything but my friend cooked roast chicken. Her scales said 9 stone 12 :eek::eek::eek: when I left hers but I drunk 5 litres of water and hope the damage is not too severe. They said 9 stone 4 when I got there so seems a bit shocking that a) I had allegedly lost 4lbs since 2 nights before at WI and b) I put on a total of 8lbs over the weekend. I realised there why I don't own scales as I became completely obsessed with constantly weighing myself. Must get some and lock them away to use just once a day I think.

Hope you guys are hanging on in there. That ice cream was the most divine thing I have EVER eaten (sorry!!) but back to the sensible stuff now and booze free until 1/2 Dec probably. Clare.

Nice to hear how you are all getting on!

Glad the new job is going well Jubbly, can't believe they made comments on your weight at 23BMI, well I guess I can! Glad you enjoyed your weekend off, you seem to be back on track and on course for 'the end'.

I have been struggling myself actually, still losing but only around 1lb a week but have been a bit eratic with the plan and have suddenly found it quite hard to face the packs (I have always loved them too!)

I'm muddling on though.

Moving on to other challenges too now other than weight loss as I need to be able to focus on more than my diet.

Keep happy you all!

Dizzy x

Hi everyone, good to see the downward trend continuing. Had my weigh-in yesterday and I had lost 5lbs! That's the most I've ever lost in a week, and this was AAM and I couldn't manage all the water. Probably I'll make up for it by not losing any this week. I've now got 9lbs to go too, but may have to take a break because we go on holiday on 9th December. By my CDC's scales I'm now under 25 bmi so have to do 790, I'm going to have the same trouble as you Coley and won't be able to manage everything. But I am so looking forwards to the food, especially vegetables.
Also had a bp check this morning and I was down in the normal range again, I explained to my GP about being on the diet and he was fine about it, just asked how I was finding it. I'd been dreading being criticised for starving myself! And a friend I haven't seen for a few weeks commented that I looked thinner today, and I bought a size smaller jeans last night - feeling good.

Coley, well done for losing those pounds so quickly. And please don't stop speaking like you feel, I appreciate hearing a bit of honesty.

Jubbly, it's great that you can have a proper binge and then return to good habits. I can't decide whether scales are a friend or enemy, but how else to keep on top of things?

Dizzy, I know as I move up through the plans that I simply won't want the packs, I've never been that keen on them. I think I may have to lie to my CDC! I hadn't thought about it before you said that but ending the diet will kind of leave a gap in life, but I have a ton of stuff to do over the next months so I'm sure it will fill double quick.

It's strange but I'm still lovin' the packs!! Have my bar on the way to work in the car and now can't imagine brekkie any other way (I don't get up in time to make a proper breakfast!!) and have my mousse in the evening when I get home which still feels like a treat. A word of warning though is that it starts getting expensive as you are buying meat and stuff but also buying the packs - I'm determined to do this properly but wish I had more money!! Even though I'm enjoying food (grilled salmon with cabbage tonight which was LUSH) I feel having the packs 'reminds' me I'm still on a diet. Think the weekend has caught up with me though as feeling a bit fat today and am getting hungry now out of ketosis (though at least I have warmed up a bit). Hope you guys are all doing OK - this bit of the diet is worlds apart from the beginning of it isn't it?

Back