The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

urgh VAT!!

I think what is different for me is that, because I lost my weight "eating", by the time I got to target, I pretty much knew exactly how far I could push things and not gain (much)...

So that's why the 80 / 20 worked so well for me. Mondays to Fridays, I'm in the office anyway so organising my food in advance was already second nature. Saturday, I'd have perhaps some bread or a dessert or something, then Sunday wouldn't resemble an up day for you as I'd really have anything. Toast and butter for breakfast if I wanted. Cake. Chocolate. Whatever. I never weighed myself on a Monday morning, mind you!

I noted my weight each Friday and give or take the odd lb, and the odd holiday, I hardly varied...

I long for that freedom again. I feel I'm being far more strict now than before, yet can't lose like before for some reason.

It sounds as if you are very nearly there, Claire. Your head sounds like it's in the right place, and with the exercise you love to do, you can always compensate before or afterwards...

Nearly home time thankfully... although a sad evening for me as I've been looking after a (now 2 month old) kitten and her Cat Mum, and her human Mum returns tomorrow morning, awhh! This kitten was born on my kitchen floor in the country late April, and I "saved" her and her Mum from a life in the fields!

TGIF and an early start in the office to get out early, and join the hordes in the Friday "leave the City" traffic jams! Ah well!

Good news on the weigh in front (1.5lbs down :)) BUT having desperately tried on four pairs of jeans last night, and NONE fit me yet, realise my target weight is too high. So ticker updated and trying not to be cross that I'm not wearing jeans on "dress down Friday" cos I'm too fat to get into them!! At least I'm back in the 10 stone something again!

So that's just over a stone in 5 weeks, so even I can't complain at that (well, I could, as I stuck fast for two whole weeks!). Little tweaks I've been making seem to have been working. Next week, I shall definitely revamp breakfast!

I think you have a good point, Claire, that our bodies get used to eating the same things and I'm such a creature of habit that I was feeding myself the same stuff week in week out and just by changing things, not necessarily eating less even, has started the loss moving again...

B: 1/2 grapefruit
1 shredded wheat, 1oz homemade muesli, sprinkle of Fitnesse flakes with half ss milk / half water

L: chicken with undressed salad, plus spoonful coleslaw
1 Taillefine yoghurt

Snack: 1 apple

D in car: 2 slices lean ham with undressed salad, plus spoonful coleslaw

handful of cherries on arrival!

3L water

Well done on that weight loss, but how annoying about the jeans. Why does weight go from stupid places like fingers and cling stubbornly to thighs and hips? It definitely seems to help diets if you swap the food sources around, sadly I just don't get the same urges for proteins as I do far carbs!

I had an UD yesterday so am back over 10st, that is one down side to this diet. Should lose it again next DD and so long as it is a downward slide overall I will be happy.

Have a great weekend, I am performing a couple of turns at our little party tonight ( a sketch, and a parody song - "Too Fat to Wear a Tutu") so I must rehearse this afternoon.

Just catching up on the posts!

Sorry a bit late in the debate, but just to add I also weigh self most days, and at the minute it is daily. I try hard not to feel demotivated when step on scales and up a pound and tell myself it's just water!

I hope once at my personal goal I can obsess about this less, but also for the scales to keep me on my toes. Have you worked out what is a reasonable weight fluctuation?

I am looking forward to another week nearly being over and getting weighed Saturday. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Will let you know how I get on.

As for clothes, don't talk to me about them!!!!!! This week have been wearing one size from Dorothy Perkins and even had a top on with it which did not cover all of my bottom!!!!! Anyway, in the sale they had x3 pairs work trousers in same size and short leg. Thought would grab a bargain as usually the stumpy leg things sell out. Try them on at home and too tight!

What's that about?

Thanks for letting me know about Lipotrim, just not heard much about it until got to the site anyway.

Will try not to dream about cakes, and in general food ......

hi Sam,
Clothes depress me at the moment... I can't believe that in 5.5lbs, all my white/beige/cream summer trousers are suddenly going to fit perfectly... so I knew I had to lower my target weight, and perhaps again as I near that weight. Who knows!

I can only think that the weight has stuck itself on me at different places to last time, haaaa!

Good luck for your weigh in. I don't have internet access at the weekend or evening, so speak Monday.

Claire - I clicked on your gallery, as I'm sure you're NOT too fat to wear a tutu, and don't see any pictures! No befores and afters?

Have good weekends, and speak next week!

I have lost 5lbs this Saturday and am chuffed as chuffed can be. :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Although dreamed of such a loss, never thought would get it at this stage of the game :party0011:

I have taken enough packs for another full week and have the management material in my grasp. :read:

I can't wait for my girls to go to bed (however just put on Shrek so may be a while .......), hubby to find something to watch on TV and I shall slope off to bed and read with interest.

I just want to be organised and I think because I have a choice whether to start eating now or not, it somehow will give me enough motivation to do packs another week.

I also have a bit of work stress hanging over me which may well get worse next week, so don't really want to try and get my head around Management from a negative place.

I have worked out have just under 4lbs to go (with clothes at LL scales), but I suppose in reality without clothes at home I am closer to my 61kg goal.

Yipeeeeeeee :character00100:

How are you all getting on, will wait to hear from you next week Maintainer if online at work. What about everybody else?

Is today and up or down day?

Take Care Folks

Sam xx

Well done 'soon to be slim'. 5 lbs when you are so close to goal is great:):):).

You will still carry on losing weight if you follow maintenance for about the 1st 4 weeks anyway. I was losing at this point in maintenence at the same rate as before. Just stick to the foods you are allowed for that week and keep glugging the water. A tip that my LLC said was not to read what foods you are allowed in future weeks or you will focus on them and not what you are allowed in the current week. I found I did it 1 week and kept saying to myself well I can have it next week so whats the harm in 1 week early.

Good luck whatever you decide

Sam that is brilliant, amazing loss, and you sound really in control. If you can keep on top of the maintenance thing you'll have your weight sorted for ever.

I'm on an UD today, weight just under 10st this morning - I had to go to an unexpected barbecue on my DD yesterday but meat and salad aren't too high in calories (oops, forgot to mention the glass of white wine). Last week ended up level pegging, but I'm down a pound and a half over 8 days if you take it to this morning, so I'm pleased as I only did 3 DDs in that time.

Joanne, I'll have to see if I have any pics, I'm not fond of being photographed and most of the photos I have are stage ones so I am in various costumes. Somewhere there might be one of me pre-cd in a white and silver leotard type affair, not a good look! I think there's a wicked fairy one from pantomime (post-cd) which would be a pound or two less than I am now. I'm really not tutu material, my legs are a big problem and aren't easy to hide except in skirts which I have never liked wearing. I don't have the courage for white trousers either, and they don't suit my "walking the dog" lifestyle.

Thanks for the congrats.

It just goes to show one day you have control, the next ......

At least you have the guts to get up on stage and do what you enjoy. I wish I had the confidence to sing (can't sing) but hey.

What stage are you at Lena?

Sam - that's truly fantastic at this stage. Well done you. I admire you also for looking ahead to maintenance which is of course a tricky stage to arrive at, but with your head in the right place, and support here, you'll be fine I'm sure.

Claire - I know what you mean about white jeans lifestyle. I only ever wear them for a few hours for an outing somewhere and rarely get through that period without a stain! They were just something I had always dreamed of, so had to buy, when I got to target!

I had a well intentioned weekend and stuck to my food plan at meal times, but ended up eating far too many cherries (a neighbour invited us over to pick as many as we could carry... we've got thousands of the things!!), a clafouti (egg custard based dessert I made for my boyfriend with some cherries, which I don't like... or so I thought!), then I rounded off the weekend with some chocolate covered blueberries a friend bought me (some friend huh? She told me that they had to be eaten within 24 hours because of the fruit inside!!) Still, they're fruit, I guess! ooops!

Today sees the first of my "new" breakfasts. I need to get away from the bigger than necessary bowls of cereal I've been eating for breakfast so I'll see how I get on with this on Mon, Wed and Fridays:

B: 4oz cherries (<-- using cherries for now, as have a glut!)
1 Taillefine yoghurt
1 boiled egg

L: chicken with homemade ratatouille and a few steamed carrots and green beans
1 Taillefine yoghurt

Snack: 8oz cherries <-- no choice!

D: 100g mozzarella cheese with tomatoes and full side salad
3L water

I'm aiming for 1,000 calories ish every other day (3 days a week), so here's to day 1... everything measured and calorie counted until I get the hang of it again.

I love cherries - we don't have any local ones here, this area is berries and apples. And they are the lowest GI of any fruit, so a bowl of cherries in the morning should keep you supplied with carbs right through till lunch (in theory). Good menu, cheese can whack up the calorie count a bit but your not looking for as low a total as I am.

Even chocolate isn't as bad as we sometimes think, and everyone needs a treat sometimes.

Sam, I bet you are at goal if you weigh without clothes first thing. You've done tremendously well losing. Facing real food again after VLCD is a big step, you're obviously taking it very seriously. I made a timing mistake, my CD finished early December, so Christmas wrought its havoc.

I'm going to be busy this week getting last minute holiday stuff ready. Hope to be around 9st13lb by the time I go away, that's after an UD, so what I'd call stable weight, a bit more than I'd hoped but under my top limit. 10 stone as of this morning, after UD. Not sure I'll be brave enough to wear shorts, I'll try them on this week and make a final judgement.

Just put a couple of pics in my gallery, they are from a friend's show pictures so they have a load of other people on too. I don't have anything post cd except me as a wicked fairy which doesn't show my size much because of the costume and pose. When I get back from holiday I'll post some recent ones.

Just had a good DD, usual routine foodwise with strawberries, prawn salad, fromage blanc cake, and ham and cheese galette. And an hour of dance class, now so nearly into the splits that I want to keep trying all week, to manage that before I hit 50 would be great.

Thanks for posting them Claire. You look VERY glamourous and very slim in your "before" photos, so I can only imagine how you'll look "post" diet!

I know what you mean about chocolate, and I wish I was controlled enough to just have a little regularly... unfortunately it's often been chocolate in the past that has triggered a binge, so I'm now careful when things are going well...

My lower calorie day yesterday went well, although because of the cherries (which I carefully weighed!) tended to be eaten as a long snack over the entire day rather than in one lump, so not sure whether my body will just think I ate all day long (which I did!!).

Back to a "normal" calorie day today (I make it about 1,400), and yikes at the calories. Will reconsider dropping the Fitnesse cereal but I do like the crunchiness...

B: 4oz cherries (while I work my way through our glut!)
2oz homemade muesli with 1oz Fitnesse flakes and half ss milk / half water

L: chicken with homemade ratatouille and some steamed carrots, green beans and sprouts
1 Taillefine yoghurt
handful of cherries

Mid-pm snack: 6oz cherries

D: 3 x grilled homemade lean sausages with salad

you guessed it - maybe a couple more cherries... I don't think they'll last much beyond tomorrow so have brought two
big tupperwares into work with me today (to give away, not to nibble out of constantly!).

3L water

That would be fabulous if you got to do the splits, Claire... That we MUST see in photos! Amazing! When is it that you leave on holiday, and when do you get back? I'm going next Thursday evening (12th) until 21st, so it'll be quiet on the thread Sam...

Thanks for the photo comments, I never look glamourous offstage, but with wigs, lashes and full slap I'm unrecognisable. The other pic is more realistic! I'm not sure what I weighed when they were taken but at a guess I was over 11 stone for the backstage pic because that was in June and I weighed 11st5lbs before I started CD in October.

I was no lighter this morning after the DD yesterday, oh well that is how it goes sometimes. I'll try to be good on my UD today, but not too good!

It will be interesting to see what difference it makes to you switching the calories around, even upping today a bit so there is more diference between the two. Snacking all day is what some diets recommend, but I couldn't do that, I would eat till I was ill.

I've been close to getting into the splits for a while but last night I was very nearly there. I don't want to lose that flexibility over the holiday so I will have to keep stretched. If I make it I'll insist on a photo! I leave on holiday Friday 6th, back Sunday 22nd. We will have internet access from time to time but I probably won't be posting until I return.

Have a good day.

I hope there's sun wherever you're going on holiday Claire, something we're all sadly short of at the moment. It's hard to believe we are in July!

I don't usually like snacking all day either as I feel I've not had a "meal"... you never feel full, just never feel hungry either...

Bright sunny day (for now) here but I saw the forecast and it's due to rain soon for the rest of the day and be the coldest day of the week... darn!

After a higher calorie day (1,450) yesterday, back to lower calories (1,000 ish I reckon) today on my "experiment":

B: 2oz cherries (today will be the end of them... shame!)
1 Taillefine yoghurt
1 small boiled egg

L: chicken breast with some steamed sprouts, green beans and carrots and spoonful homemade ratatouille
1 Taillefine yoghurt
4oz cherries

Snack: 1 apple

D: 4oz red mullet fish (looked that up cos hadn't a clue what rouget was in English!) with lots of homemade (low calorie) ratatouille

a more few cherries no doubt and that'll be them gone :(

3L water

Hi i am trying to move the last stone moved from L.L 2 weeks ago to C.D 790 after 12 weeks and 23ib weight loss( found it very difficult not to Eat and drink the amounts of water due to work and travel) Anyway thanks for listening good luck to us all,maintaining and lossing the last stone need needto give and receive motivation,support and lots of awareness and i am ready to go for it . l.o.l.

hi forgot to say lost 81b in c.d. so very pleased with that and dont have any guilt as a meal is permitted plus respite from lots of food choice which does my head in,yes i need the disciplineand boundaries that are clear and achievable thanks.

Hi fitter at 51, you've done briliiantly so far, this last bit always seems to take ages on most diets, vlcds are quicker. You sound like you're in the right place.

Joanne, you'll miss those cherries when they're finished. I'm still on strawberries, although the season is nearly over. It's another DD for me, the last before my holiday, and the weight has swung back up after yesterday, probably water as it's totm. I really hope the weather will pick up, I've checked the long range forecast for Normandie and it looks like the rain will just about have gone, just a couple of days look a bit rough. The temperatures aren't too high, but that is good because my dog has trouble with the heat. We're keeping fingers crossed that the week of camping won't be too wet.
You get a lot of different fish, we tend to have whatever the boats brought in which is usually a lot of shellfish and flatfish. We could get other types from the supermarkets but the quality doesn't seem as good as on the market.

Boring menu again today (trying to use stuff up before we go), strawberries for breakfast, prawns and chicken with salad for lunch, a pear, a couple of almond biscuits, a piece of fromage blanc cake, then probably chicken and salad.

Welcome Fitter at 51 - great to have another poster on the thread. It must be very exciting to reintroduce food after a long abstinence, so I wish you much luck with that. Feel free to post menus here, if it helps. I always find that it helps me, almost as if once I've posted what I'm going to eat, that's it! No more!

Yes Claire I don't think either of us are going to get sunstroke next week, but like you I'm not overkeen on mega heat... I just passed someone in the office wearing a polo necked jumper! Amazing!!

I love the sound of what you're eating Claire. Strawberries, I rarely see here, and if I do they're out of my price range; fromage blanc cake does appeal so I must buy one again cos I can't see me making it (is it difficult?).

Fromage blanc cake is really easy to make, and I make it using granulated splenda so it is low calorie and very low carb, a cake which qualifies as protein!

Here's the recipe for the full quantity

150g sugar (I substitute 3/4 cup Splenda)
4 eggs
500g fat-free fromage blanc (drained)
3tbs flour
3tbs cornflour

Whisk yolks and sugar till fluffy. Add cheese and flours, mix well. Fold in whisked whites. Add any flavourings or fruit you fancy (optional). Cook in 8" diameter tin at 160C 35-40m. It will sink when it comes out of the oven.
I make a half quantity in a small loaf tin and cut into 8 slices, works out about 55 cals a slice.

I do like to be able to have a piece of cake now and then, usually slice and freeze it because it keeps better that way (and I can't just eat it all!)

Back