The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Enjoying talking to myself here, wondering how your holiday is going Claire... lovely weather I'm sure! Sun is even out here!

0.2K down today, after 0.1K up yesterday, so I certainly am stable! Not quite the desired result but nevertheless pretty happy with my food behaviour and choices of late so I can live with this.

Had an amusing (to me) conversation with a colleague today who was telling me how, if I overeat one day, I could eat meat (only) all day the next day and lose weight. Call me a sceptic but ...?!

Yes quite!!!!!

Sounds like you are doing very well.

I was doing well - was 11/3 on Friday but have been doing some serious comfort eating - mainly toast and marmite and cake and have gained 7.5lbs in 5 days - pretty impressive me thinks :D

Not going to change my ticker as intend to be back to 11/3.5 by next Wednesday.

Here's hoping!!!!

hey tash great to see you, when the weight goes on that quickly, I find it tends to come off at just the same speed (or, annoyingly enough, slightly slower!! damn!) but you should be FINE for the wedding. (Incidentally, is this YOUR wedding you're counting down to??? RSVP!!!!)

Your BMI is absolutely great now... (or pre- toast, marmite and cake it was!) I too love toast. So bread just can't come into my house! Leastwise not "nice" bread. I have no problem resisting sliced packaged stuff which makes soggy toast anyway!

Yes - it is my Wedding!!!!

Yep - must stop eating bread - find it totally addictive and think I must be slightly sensitive to it as I swell up - especially my face - of course that might just be the volume eaten!!!!

Hopefully will be off by the end of the weekend. Had 1 CD pack and some baked chicken and mushroom today - trying to avoid starchy carbs. Think will have fruit and protein tomorrow - flush things through!!

wow wow wow YOUR WEDDING in 17 days! You must be soooooooo excited!

Good idea to cut back on the carbs. The more I eat, the more I want, although I am trying to include them daily now that I see what happens to my weight on holiday after a pure low carb spell! It's different for you of course with a wedding on the horizon!

Ooooh - 11st 2lbs - well done thats great!!!!!

A small amount of carbs every day is a good idea else I am sure the body overeacts when reintroduced otherwise.

Yep - 17 days. Am very excited - my 2 kids are also - very much looking forward to 'their' honeymoon!!!!!

Ooooh - 11st 2lbs - well done thats great!!!!!!!!!

Slowly slowly catchee monkey! Losing at an incredible rate of 0.5lb per week at the moment! Ah well!

A small amount of carbs every day is a good idea else I am sure the body overeacts when reintroduced otherwise.

*My* body certainly overreacts when I start on the old carbs; it makes me eat more and more and more... (I wonder whether that's why I gain weight?!)

my 2 kids are also - very much looking forward to 'their' honeymoon!!!!!

LOL!

Hi, just got back tonight, and I am not going near the scales until Saturday - I'm sure they will be nasty to me. We had a great time, it was warm but not too hot because the wind was quite strong. Very overcast and occasional light drizzle, but nothing that didn't dry up straight away in the heat. We had a great time, walked our legs off, ate way too much, all the usual holiday stuff. Renting a flat in the new town was definitely the right decision, the Cité was heaving with tourists (I know, I'm one too and shouldn't complain) and some of the hotels looked distinctly dodgy.

I'm sure you are right about weight changes happening 2 days later, my theory is that it is due to the difference between actual food weight and the weight of fat created from the food. Not sure about the protein thing, it is supposed to be an effective diet but I just can't do it.

Tasha, only 17 days to go, you'll be in panic mode soon! That gain cannot be real, you'll shift it as fast as you gained it.

Better get on with remembering things I must get done this week, speak to you tomorrow.

Lovely to see you back Claire and you're right to keep away from the scales. I'd leave it until Monday if I were you, unless you fear you might add to the damage over the weekend! I'm consciously going to (TRY to) keep off scales Mons and Tues from now on, as I always eat more at the weekend then get fed up with seeing the fluctuation!

Nice to see that my weigh in this morning took my BMI to 25. So I'm "normal" again, despite my jeans saying the opposite when I pulled them on this morning! Mind you, I couldn't GET them on last week, so I will suffer; the ones my sister passed onto me are so big now though that I felt like a bag lady in them last week, and these are the only pair I own with stretch in! So making FULL use of that stretch, haaa!

Still 2lbs up on my pre-September holiday weight though so, although it shifts fast, I am shifting the same old poundage over and again without ever dipping below 10 stone 12lbs!

Glad you had such a nice time - weather here sounds better than where you were funnily enough, as we've seen no wet weather, but lots of fog and mist in the mornings giving a damp impression (and curlier hair!!).

Not long to go now Tash... :)

Hi, morning came around all too quickly, but it's only a one day week so I think I might manage. I've got to drive my parents to Cambridge today to meet up with my sister, they are going to stay with her for the weekend. So it means hoovering out the back seat of my car which is rather doggy - she has a rug but the sand and hairs seem to permeate that with ease.

Congrats on reaching normal bmi again, it is always satisfying to pass a milestone (unless it is to do with age!) Despite saying I wouldn't get on the scales I still did it - 9st10.75lbs. Not too bad a result, 3lbs up on my very lowest weight but only a pound and a half up on Monday morning. Hopefully it won't stay long, today will be a DD and I'll have restrained UDs over the coming week. ATM I can't imagine ever feeling hungry again, but I know this will pass.

I'm having a difficult jeans time too, I have one pair which fits properly, two which are now rather baggy and two skinny pairs from 5 years ago which are a little too close fitting still. Hmmm, difficult one, I don't like low cut jeans which are still ubiquitous, and I don't want to spend much on clothes until my weight/size is settled.

You are so close to being under 11st again, should be there next week I would think, and is it still about 3 weeks till your next holiday?

Time to go and clean out the car, I hate that job. Have a good Friday and a lovely weekend.

I think your weight is amazing Claire! Well done you! I know it was only 4 days you were away, but still, I could gain a kilo a day no problem :)

As my weight goes down (let's think positively), I'll have have to try different pairs of jeans on and keep them on for *that hour* in which they grow! Freshly washed and ironed jeans are always small!

1.5lbs up in 4 days away:eek: - thats brilliant - I could manage 10lbs easy-peasy!!!!!

I have lost 3.5 lbs since Wednesday morning 11/7 this morning so a gain for the week of 4lbs :eek::eek::eek:

Got a fitting on Wednesday and was 11/7.5 when I tried on before - it was fine although a little tight on the bust. If can get back down to 11/3 be Wednesday and then 11 stone for wedding will be very very pleased.

I know I can do it - but only if I get motivated - thats always the problem :rolleyes:

I like putting on freshly washed tight jeans - makes you feel you are losing weight throughout the day!!!

You're doing really well Tashy, you'll be lighter by the fitting than last time, and 11st is tantalisingly close. Your wedding must be the biggest motivation possible, those photos will be around to remind you for the rest of your life.

I don't put on quickly, or lose quickly either so it works both ways. This weekend will be higher than it should be, I have had too many distractions. I'll try harder tomorrow and be back to DDs with a will on Monday. And must try to rememner to drink more (water that is, wine would be easier).

I find putting on tight jeans makes me worry I have got fatter!

Morning all and hope you both had good weekends...

I was more lenient with my food intake over the weekend (made spaghetti bolognese last night, for instance, although just filled half my plate with it, and put green salad on other half) and ate some chocolate last night (again, restricted) so was rather miffed to have put on a pound! That'll teach me to get on the scales first thing Monday, straight after overeating Sunday evening, without having been to the loo!!!!

Anyone else silly enough to get on the scales this morning?

Hmm, yes I did, and I haven't lost anything since my return (sniff). But I ate quite a lot over the weekend and my DD on Friday wasn't as low as it should have been because of having to eat lunch out, so I can't really complain. So a DD today, and low UDs this week (assuming I can get DH to understand that UDs do not mean I can eat everything in sight). And I wouldn't dream of getting on the scales before going to the loo, that must account for a good half a pound of your gain.

The weekend was mostly domestic stuff, loads of washing, baking, food shopping etc. plus having to get some huge posters printed and pasted up. Today I am finally getting my hair cut and coloured, my hairdresser thought it best to wait until holidays were over before sorting the colour to avoid fading. So lunch will be rather delayed as my appointment is 12.30.

Are there any good mushroom collecting places near your country house? This year we have managed to get some good giant puffballs - the only wild fungi we are brave enough to eat! I didn't see any wild mushrooms on the marke in Carcassonne, maybe they are taken to larger cities.

Yeah - I got on the scales to see 11/6 - 4.5lbs down from my binge weight on Wednesday morning. Thankfully:eek:.

Have a fitting on Wednesday so hope to lose a bit more in next couple of days - maybe be 11/4 by then as had lots of toast yesterday and is TOTM.

I ALWAYS got on the scales AFTER the loo - preferably after a number 2!!! - sorry if TMI!! Also I would be sure to use UD's as "eat anything at all that you want and in huge quantities" days - so self disipline :rolleyes:

Spag bol and salad is lovely - one of my favourites - AND good for you - no carbs!!! Love a big bowl of salad with the sauce spooned on top so the leaves wilt - OMG am making myself hungry - must stop!!!!!

Have a great day everyone

Well done Tashy, less than at your last fitting already and still a couple of days in hand. When you get back from honeymoon you must post pics of your wedding, we want to see!

Morning all, and weigh in back to Sunday's weight so I'm a happier bunny!

Not a lot to report; still lovely bright sunny weather although sharp in the morning. Still no heating in my flat which is miserable so I was tucked up fully dressed plus dressing gown watching TV last night. Horrible! At least in the country we can light a fire! brrrr!

One of my lawyers leaves today so I've been helping pack up and archive his office; dust galore!

Hope all's well for you both, and Tash you must be getting REALLY excited now!

HI Joanne, lucky you having sunshine, it's tipping it down here - I was planning to go to the market but don't fancy the walk in this. It must be infuriating not being in control of the heating yourselves, but I can understand you don't want to store a heater all year round. Paper dust is horrid, you'll be sneezing all day.

Well done for getting the weight back down, I'm creeping down very slowly, 9st10lbs this morning. How about you Tashy?

We had a very active dance class last night which always makes me feel good. The new dance is energetic and fun, and so far I can just about remember it - must get it written down today.

Back