The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Good morning all! It's a lovely sunny day here, and I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. I'm down to 58,6kg/129lbs/9st3 - only 3,6kg/8lbs until my goal. I'm starting to feel great about myself - posing starkers in front of the mirror sometimes hehe!

I'm not 100% sure whether my goal of 55kg (121lbs/8st9) is where I want to end up. I'd REALLY like to fit into a size 34, and my body structure is very small. I'm thinking 52-54kg (8st2 - 8st 7) is probably going to be more appropriate, but I'm going to wait and see when I get to the 55kg and then decide I'm just worried that if I adjust my target,, then I'll consider the last few pounds as "less important" and thus not be so disciplined. Lots to consider.

Claire: 2lbs is nothing, you can lose that by peeing ;) I hope you reach the magic number on the scales, but I don't think 2lbs is worth stressing over.

Lots of love
Ida

Oops - was actually 58.4kg (was 58,6 yesterday!), so that takes me down to only a half stone to go! Lots of love, Ida xx

Hi Ida, you are doing really well, only half a stone to go, wow. It is so hard to know what is the right weight to be, I tend to lose fat from certain areas and then it strarts to redistribute after I stop the diet, very odd but it means I can't judge by how I look at first. I haven't got to a "posing" point - at my age it isn't a good idea! - but now I don't avert my gaze any more which is good. Today I am wearing an old pair of skinny jeans, a bit tight on the waist when I sit down but they feel good.

Scales are the same this morning after the UD yesterday so I am hoping the rise last week was a blip which has gone now. I've had a totally disorganised weekend so far, there were things I had planned which just didn't happen and instead I made myself a pair of fleecy trousers for kicking about the house in. They should be nice for cold winter nights when I can't turn the heating up because the dog gets too hot, she's such a fluffball she can't cope with too much heat.

oooh I like the sound of fleecy trousers! Could use them in the house at weekends, brrrr, particularly on a Friday evening when we arrive and the heating's been on low all week!

So I'm now officially on Dukan! I've changed my ticker to modify my goal weight to that weight at which I quit smoking (I had previously thought that unrealistic!). Given that I lost a crazy 12lbs last week, having gained an equally ridiculous 16lbs the week before, I know I'll not have a wild weight loss as the other three girls in the office might this week who are starting today too!

Today's food plan is:
B: 1 boiled egg, 1 BA vanilla aromatised 0% yoghurt (no fruit yogs allowed, even 0%, and I hate natural but these are ok!)

Mid am snack: I've brought with me smoked salmon, ham ("plastic" stuff 2% fat which is allowed), crab sticks, another boiled egg, natural cottage cheese, spare yoghurts in case... as can eat "freely", I have no idea how hungry I might be...

Lunch: 1/2 roast chicken (quite small, skin removed); I'll have some of the above stuff too

Mid pm snack: as above

Dinner: Dukan galette (which you make yourself, daily, to get your ration of son d'avoine and son de blé intake, with egg white and fromage blanc 0%)
chicken livers (how lovely eating them on their own!!)
yoghurt

So, as I want to lose 14lbs, I can do between 2 and 5 days of this pure protein. I'm going to TRY for five but, with the transport strike commencing Wednesday (and I'll have to walk to and from work CARRYING all this food!), who knows whether I can...

Then from whenever I've had enough of the protein thing, I can add veggies (Phase 2). Plan is 5 days of above, weekend veggies, then from then on UNTIL I weigh 65K, 3 or 4 days protein only, and latter part of the week 3 or 4 days protein + veggies.

I'm hoping to get there before Christmas, and move into Phase 3... looks good and it's for Phase 3 that I'm doing this, funnily enough. 10 days' stabilisation for each kilo lost... sounds very necessary to me (for me) given my problems at stabilising since losing my other crutch - cigarettes!

I fully expect today to be as crazy as last week, workwise, so wish you all well...

Idaj - be careful about lowering, and relowering your target weight endlessly (been there, done it). Far better to stick to your original one, and stabilise there for six months, then see how you feel. After a large weight loss, we feel "strange" at our new weight, and see little bulges we didn't see before anyway (because we look properly now!), and so you need time to get used to the new you. Stabilisation on the way down is good too.

Dukan actually discourages amending your target weight when you get there to have a little leeway to go back up! I know I did that!

Claire - first crack at the galette tonight (I didn't feel up to doing it this morning, as we got back from the country last night at midnight!)... thought best have one this evening, and even make tomorrow morning's one straight afterwards and see how it is cold... if it's disgusting, that will be a one off!!

Maybe the stabilisation plan might suit you with Dukan Claire? To take you off this UPs and DDs permanently and get things a little more "normal"? Leastwise "normality" is what I strive for... whether it's too much to ask for? hmm!

Well the scales turned against me this morning, back up nearly two pounds, these things happen. I'm just carrying on, it doesn't matter if the last little bit doesn't go so long as I don't gain overall.

Good luck with the Dukan diet Joanne, I did try it myself in the spring but it didn't suit me. I managed the protein only Thursday bit, but more than that was too much for my digestive system! I must say it did make me realise that fancying a snack is definitely not hunger, when I realised that snack was a crabstick I soon stopped bothering. I'm sure you'll love the galette, for me it is the highspot of the diet, although I never tried them cold but they'd be a bit like a tortilla I imagine. As far as the future goes I am very happy with doing JUDDD for life, the post diet bit has slightly higher DDs (not that I can risk that at the moment). It is as much a health thing as a diet thing for me, my blood pressure is much better now than it was when I was the same weight after CD.

I didn't realise the strike was still going on, is it everywhere or just Paris?

Hi Ida and Tasha, hope Monday goes OK.

Maintainer: I'm a huge believer in "protein first". You fill up on protein, stuff yourself with veggies, and then, and only then, fill up with carbs. That is, in reality, the order of importance of the foods. Your diet sounds very well rounded, with concentration on a variety of proteins and veggies, and a little bit of carbs from the dairy etc. I hope it works for you, it sounds like a very good way to do things.

The walking will be good exercise, and as its so cold, your food will stay refridgerated too :D

Clairejen: As always, some very sensible words.
I'd love to be able to sew. As a dwarf ( :) ), everything I buy is always too long/badly proportioned.

Am down to 57.8/127lbs/9st1lb - 2.8kg/6 lbs to go. It feels so close now. I'm completely off the meal replacements now, am eating mainly lean proteins/dairy/fruit.. so for dinner I had last night a huge bowl of home made quorn bolognese sauce (made with no fat and loads of mushrooms), breakfast is 300g yogurt, and lunch will be a tummyfull of fruit. It seems to be working, and then I think from around 56kg (monday maybe?) I'll begin to reintroduce carbs slowly and hopefully the weight will drop a little bit past the 55kg.

Lots to think/worry about! hehe

Lots of love to a wonderful bunch of girls
Ida xx

Claire - not sure whether the rest of France is affected or just us poor Parisians! So far, transport workers are out from Tuesday 14th, and lots of other civil servants will jump on the bandwagon from the 20th... lovely...

Idaj - you made me smile about the refridgeration! I'm a bit concerned at the protein only days, and did feel rather weird before lunch I must admit, but probably my own fault as I didn't have a mid-am snack as I didn't feel hungry. By the time I did, half an hour before lunch, it hardly seemed worth eating. Tomorrow I'll do something different though as I did feel very lightheaded.

So today, I've actually had:

B: 1 boiled egg, 1 BA vanilla aromatised 0% yoghurt

Lunch: smoked salmon and a spoonful of fish eggs; 1/2 roast chicken (very small, skin removed); 1 yoghurt
(and I have to say that I was completely stuffed after that lunch!)

hmm... seems strange to me, and my wallet was certainly lighter after shopping for this diet!

I'm having a bit of a sulk, I want to change my car and my DH took a look at one for me on Saturday which was ideal (he went instead of me because it is about 100 miles away and he was driving over to that side of the country). So I rang them this morning to say I wanted it only to find they've sold it!

Ida, I love sewing now, although I hated it at school. I make a lot of stage costumes too so my loft is full of bizarre creations. Well done losing a pound as well as eating proper meals again.

Joanne, it does seem odd eating so much protein doesn't it, and you're right about the cost, although this time of year fruit is pricey so you'll be saving some there.

Well the scales turned against me this morning, back up nearly two pounds, these things happen. I'm just carrying on, it doesn't matter if the last little bit doesn't go so long as I don't gain overall.

Thats a great way to think - glad you are feeling better about it :)

Maintainer: I'm a huge believer in "protein first". You fill up on protein, stuff yourself with veggies, and then, and only then, fill up with carbs.

Thats the kind of diet I aspire to :rolleyes: unfortunately my appetite is largely the other way round - stuff myself with carbs with protein and veg a bit of an afterthought :eek:

Well done on your great weight-loss.

Had a busy but nice weekend. Weight stable. Not pregnant yet.

Joanne - you sound enthusiastic about your new plan- and I have to say 12lbs in a week - WOW:eek: - hope the Dukan plan takes you to where you want to be :)

Claire - another better, cheaper car will be along soon!!!

Not much to say really - have a great evening folks - lets hope for another sunny day tomorrow!

Tasha

Morning ladies!

Feeling good and have updated my ticker to show the 1lb loss yesterday. That's fine. I didn't expect to lose any more given that I was already low carbing before... what DID amaze me yesterday though was how quickly I became full. The fridges both at work and at home are bulging with all my "free foods", yet I didn't seem to need to eat much at all (by my standards at least!). One thing this diet might end up teaching me actually is to recognise hunger as I am consciously only eating a few bits at a time and wondering "am I still hungry" (as the thought of "free food" could I feared have "set me off!").

So yesterday's food ended up a paltry:

B: 1 boiled egg, 0% aromatised yoghurt
L: 2 slices smoked salmon with some fake caviar eggs; 1/2 small chicken; 0% aromatised yoghurt
D: Dukan galette with handful prawns and spoonful fromage blanc; 1/2 planned quantity chicken livers.

My first attempt at the Dukan galette was a TOTAL failure. Horrible! Tasted vile. Made me feel ill. I couldn't even finish it. I woke up in the night wondering how on earth I was supposed to eat that muck each morning for breakfast! Then this morning my boyfriend had a go, I microwaved it just now and ate it with pleasure! He's got the job for life now! (It tasted kind of like a warmed up piece of plain brown bread - I can live with that, and can jazz it up if I get bored!).

Tashy - basically, the GREAT advantage of this diet for me at this current stage of my life is the fact that one cannot deviate. No treats allowed. Like when I quit smoking. One cigarette would have put me back at square one. Same here. I need to know that, say, at the weekend I can't just have a bit of this or that and fair enough it won't cause me to gain too much, but I'll not lose either.

Tash - have you reduced your target weight? I'm seeing 22.4 BMI as your new goal?

Claire - hope your scales are nicer to you today! I was going to bend your ear today by email to try to get you to help me "fix" my galette technique, but you're spared now!! A colleague tells me that she puts 0% fruit yoghurt in hers for a change on PL days. That sounds good!

Idaj - hope you're not having such a manic week this week.

I checked my diary this morning and I haven't weighed my target weight since the very day I quit smoking! So here goes!! Oh and definitely walking to and from work tomorrow (at least) as they've announced 1 train in 10! GRRR! (bring back Maggie!)

Hi folks, my scales were kind this morning and I am down to 9st8.25lbs, that is after 2 hours of dance class last night which must have helped. I just have to try to be good for a few up days, can that really be so hard? I'm still feeling headachy (had an almost migraine yesterday afternoon and it is hanging around) so I'm not going to do too much computer work today, which effectively means not doing much work at all!

Tasha, maybe now wasn't the ideal time to be pregnant, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later and a bit of time together first is good. I'm sure I'll find another car, it was just I'd got psyched up for the changeover then it didn't happen! Are you doing any particular diet now?

Joanne, I wonder what the difference was in the way you each make it? I had a problem when I first tried because I have 10 and 15ml measures, and didn't realise that french soup spoons are 12ml. The other thing was spreading it in the pan, you have to do it very slowly and sort of squidge it out as it doesn't stick together to start with. I can imagine that too thick it would be unpleasant. A one pound loss for one day is brilliant, I think I've done well if I lose that in a week!. It's good that the free foods appeal to you, that makes all the difference. What you said about hunger signals is very true, I think that is a big problem for all of us, we don't eat when we are hungry and stop when we aren't. It's a big part of Intuitive Eating and Beyond Chocolate, trying to listen to your body. Mine doesn't want to talk to me. I hope the weather is kind tomorrow for your walk - keep thinking of the calories you'll use up.

Hi Ida, hope this week is easier than last.

re Galette problems - I hadn't a clue what size spoon to use but figured it didn't matter if I used the same sized spoon for the three things I needed to measure. Ididn't really know what consistency I was aiming for but thought the thick lump I had in my bowl couldn't be right, so I added more fromage blanc. I found it very hard to spread out in the pan. It stuck to my spatula. My crepe pan is at the house. Boyfriend reckons we should buy another as we both had trouble manipulating the spatula in a deep frying pan. Basically, boyfriend is far calmer and patient than me and I think he spent more time flattening the beast, whereas I got irritated when it stuck and got holes in it, so mine ended up too thick and undercooked in the middle!

Sorry to hear about your head, Claire. There's nothing worse. Could it be sinus oriented? Keep away from the screen... maybe a nap after lunch might clear your head and enable you to get back to work after, say, an hour's shut eye...

Hello all - a beautiful autumn day and I hope things are going well with you all this evening

Tashy: Not much to say either, just big hugs to you. Your beautiful smile always lightens up my day when I log on here and see your avatar :) xx

Maintainer: Oooh smoked salmon is like.. my favourite. You get to eat some pretty tasty food, by the sounds of it. That-'s always a sign of a good plan - when you're eating yummy food thats good for you. :) Sorry to hear about the gallette - but good your man could sort it out for you. Reminds me of the time I was trying a new pizza dough recipe.. the dough was amazingly elastic, so I got really frsutrated trying to tease it out into a round pizza shape. I got really annoyed, and threw the bloody dough at the wall. It slithered down, landed on the countertop, and 5 minutes later the beautiful pizza base my then-bf had made out of the dough-from-hell was in the oven. *sigh* Patience isn't something I'm good at :)

Claire: Sweetie, you poor thing with a headache and all. I've been a bit sick myself, I hope I didn't infect you over the internet!!! I'm sure a beautiful car will come along soon, I know how it is when you're looking forward to something and it doesn't happen. Still, here's to hoping you'll find an excellent condition '07 ferrari in the classifieds for £50 within the next few days ;)

I'm a little bit poorly at the moment, havent been to school or work today. Have a mega week ahead of me again, with two 8 hr shifts, biophysics, sorting taxes, sorting student support etc. (Did I mention that students here get a 450 quid grant each month?)

Weight's dropping steadily, was at 57.5 this morning (126.7lb - so close yet so far from 9 st - I know it's silly because we use metric here, but quite honestly I'll take all the milestones I can get - round kg, round lb, round stone - I'll take the lot!).

I can see now I'm not going to be happy at 55kg. I don't want to be extremely thin, but I'd like to fit in with all the other medical students (who, as you might expect, are all extremely healthy). So my plan is to have 3 targets from here on out - 1) 55kg, (121lb) 2) 52kg (115lb) and 3) 50kg. (110lb) At each target I'll stop and evaluate (it's hard to do day to day), and see if I want to continue. I'll be on a calorie limited plan by that point, so I can lose slowly and carefully. It's vanity from here on out (wasn't it all the time? hehe).

Sorry, I seem to have rambled on a fair bit again :) We have a general election here today, so I should probably wander out and vote. and then off to the supermarket (I usually boycott supermarkets!) to enjoy the flourescent glow, dead atmosphere and to try to find a spgahetti squash.

Much love
Ida xxx

Good morning all!I just found out my coffee is cold, yuk.. try to remember to put the kettle on next time! Anyways! Otherwise a good start to the day, down to 57.0kg (125.66lb) and with that (although I don't usually count halves!!) I'm down to 8st 13.66lbs and have smashed the 9st barrier :D

No luck at supermarket, though I did lose my soul ;) Hope you all have a fantabulous day.

love and kisses
Ida

PS I am rather proud of the fact I walk/ran 5km last night in minus godknowswhat ;)

Idaj - I love reading your posts! Fancy making coffee with cold water (I've done that before myself, ugh!!). The absolute worst is taking a huge mouthful of your first cuppa of the morning... and finding the milk rancid! You are doing so well, and you're so close it's brilliant. Same with Claire. As for Tash, she looks like she's at target (to me) in her wedding pictures anyway!! Just me still not able to wear anything in my wardrobe!!

This morning, I got up early (bathroom visit - drinking 3.5 litres water a day certainly gives you exercise in the night!), saw it wasn't raining, so showered and left home within 30 mins to get to work before the forecast rain! It didn't bother me in the slightest (sticking tongue out at strikers) but if they continue in this cold weather, the walk will lose its fun!

Amazed at how little I needed to eat last night again to feel full. Just 1/2 the poached salmon in skimmed milk with pepper that I prepared with a handful of prawns, eaten on a tiny side plate, and that sufficed. Protein certainly fills you up.

My boyfriend is so jealous of the food I'm eating that he joins me on Monday. To be honest, it'll make things easier both eating the same stuff.

Off to eat my galette with smoked salmon and fromage blanc on - dieting sucks huh?! ;

Morning all, and a nice sunny one here. My head is still not right (was it ever?) so I think it must be some sort of bug. Scales stayed the same this morning (after an UD, always an exciting development) so I am still a pound and a quarter to go. Boring day ahead with some dull and non-paying work to do.

Ida, dough really has a mind of its own, I never forget my first attempt at bread which simply wouldn't rise. I tried feeding it to the ducks and it was so heavy it sank before they could grab it! No sign of the Ferrari yet, I did see a car I fancied on ebay, really good price but I was too chicken to spend thousands based on a photo. Something will come along I'm sure. Your weight is dropping brilliantly, it is so encouraging that we are all losing even though our methods are so different. COngrats on doing the run, maybe the cold makes you go faster so it doesn't last too long?

Joanne, I've done the cold coffee thing too, but the scariest was when DH asked me if the milk was off and he'd made coffee with a kettle full of descaler! Well done on your walking, seems like I'm the only lazy one today (I did take the dog out but she doesn't go far these days). I'll make up for it at dancing tonight. It's great that you are enjoying the food so much, and so good that your BF will be joining you, that will make life much easier - if rather more expensive. Now you will have double the number of egg yolks to post to me!

Have a great day everyone, I'm about to sneak out to the supermarket before I start work - there have to be some advantages to self-employment.

Maintainer: I don't drink milk in my coffee - it's the scandinavian way. And also the way to avoid gone off milk, seemingly :) But it's amazing how one's stomach shrinks, isn't it? I mean, I can eat a couple of bananas now and feel stuffed, but previously I could eat a pizza and want fries.

Sidenote: I know what you mean about the "dieting sucks" comment. I (please dont misunderstand this) rather like being on a diet, it gives me something to focus on, and somethng to feel good about. I very rarely feel deprieved (and if I do, it's because of something like today where I forgot my food and ate breakfast at 6am and then dinner at 11.30pm). My opinion is if i want something, I can have it. I sneak a taste of the boy's food sometimes (he makes a wicked rice pudding!) and I have no bad conscience whatsoever. On the other hand, I know what to cut out if I hit a plateau.

clairejen: hope you had a fantastic day and that you didn't lose your entire soul at the supermarket. Am very pleased to hear that the scales were nice to you after your UD, 1lb 3/4 should be off in no time.

And as for me, had a shift today, have one tomorrow but am off school the next two days. Got sorted taxes etc today too. As my little ferret is reminding me (by sleeping on my legs snoring) it's probably bedtime now for little Ida and little ferret.

Night night all

PS Have decided I will post pics of little ferret + slightly larger owner when I reach goal
PPS you know it's time for bed when you calculate your ferrets BMI (3,6 - he's long and skinny ;))

Idaj - did you find a comparison chart online to see whether your ferret is overweight?!! How funny!

Another good day on Dukan - I'm still finding that the food fills me up very quickly so I'm actually eating far less quantity than usual. Eating "dinner" on a small side plate is unheard of for me. While I continue to doubt the nutritional balance of this way of eating, it is making me far more aware of my appetite and when I'm really "hungry" and when I'm "full". Something I'll continue to think about as I move onto Phase 2 on Saturday.

I kick off Phase 2 with (just) two days (my choice) of PL - protein and veg/salad. Obvious things being banned. It'll be nice to have a salad or some veg with my meat.

Then I'll be doing 3 or 4 days a week, starting Monday, back to protein only, and the other 3 or 4 to the end of weekend with veggies/salad. And this right to target.

I'm HOPING to get there by Christmas to start consolidation.

I walked home last night, and back to work this morning (so 15km so far) and feeling good on it. It's dark and cold in the morning mind you... Waiting to see whether the darned strikers will return to work while the negotiations go on. While the transport system remains at one metro every 20 mins or so, I'll walk.

Back