The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Have always wanted to weigh nothing - guess you know what it feels like now!!!!!

Crikey - your exams sound pretty heavy duty - what you training to be?

Hope everyone is okay - weighed 11/7 this morning so a bit better thankfully.

Tasha

I feeeel light as a feather! *prances round*

Have sorted through all my old clothes and boy will the charity shop be happy. Lots with tags still on (I used to work in a clothes shop), and a load of lovely stuff as well - just a bit too big or a bit last season (some of it). Have also made a HUGE pot of carrot and chickpea soup, so that's me sorted for lunch for the week. Am taking a quick break now, then back to the study.

Tashy: am glad your weight is going the right way :) I will be a doctor when I'm grown up! Hehe

Much love

Ida xx

Good morning. Weight is playing games again, but I have TOTM so think it's because of that. Am off to unis library in an hr - they open at 9 on a saturday and I have around an hrs transport time (am too tired to cycle today). Have a liter of coffee in my thermos, a tupperware of soup, and mybrain with me today (I hope). Today is biophysics day! *rolls eyes* Give me histology (cell anatomy) or cytology (cell physiology) but biophysics (nerve impulses, muscles, receptors etc)? I'd rather eat cheese!

*end of rant*

Hope you all have a great day,
Lots of love,
Ida xx

Carrot and chickpea soup - sounds wonderful - warm and filling for the winter.

Sounds like you will need your brain - pretty much a requirement I would think - maybe you should put a note on your front door so that as you leave. it reminds you to take it with you !!!:rotflmao:

I used to do that when my daughter was a tiny baby (think my brain had gone on vacation in digust). I had a to do list - which included things like 'get up' and 'get dressed' - I considered it an achievement if I managed both in one day!!!!!:D

Lovely crisp day here today - we are off to Oxford today to meet OH mother and have a meal to celebrate her birthday. Should be lovely if it stays like this.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Tasha

Hi everyone, I've just got back home after some seriously heay mileage in the last couple of days. I'm feeling a bit queasy after the travelling. Good news is I have bought the car, it is nice to drive and easy to park. The colour is a bit odd, sort of frosted lilac (more nail varnish than car) but at least I won't confuse it with anyone else's in the car park.

Since I haven't been home I have no idea what my weight is doing, will have to shock myself tomorrow.

Ida, if you keep dropping your goal you really will end up at nothing. Isn't it great to clear out too big clothes (except ones you really like, then it's a tragedy). I've decided to do some alterations to the stuff I can't part with, there are times when sewing skills pay off. Hope your studying goess well, I think I'd probably find biophysics the most interesting of those areas, not that I was any good at biology of any kind.

Tasha, good to hear the weight is going down. Hope you have a good time in Oxford, I drove past there on my way home this morning. It was all bright and frosty first thing but has got increasingly grey and cold.

I'm going to take a rest and try to recover, I've a party to go to tonight so need my strength back!

I hope you're feeling better today claire, and that you had a great time at the party. I'm dead jealous of your car, I LOVE pink and that colour sounds amazing.

Weight isn't really going anywhere at the moment, but thats okay. Am in reality not going after 50kg, but a specific waist measurement (and only 2cm to go, so I doubt it'll be 50kg) but it's much easier for me comprehend if I aim for a weight - even if I stop before, I'd hate to have to readjust my target again. Signature assumes worst case scenario!!

Tashy: I love Oxford, I have friends there, so have been there a fair few times. Especially blackwells, boswells and the pasty shop on cornmarket. Complete nightmare with a car though, or a bike! The traffics nasty there.

Have been busying studying this weekend, was out last night, home at 4am so I didnt get much done today :S Ooops! Oh well :)

Hope you all have a lovely day, and keep on smilin' :)
Lots of love,
Ida

Edit: Ticker seems to work now :)

Good morning. Weight is still the same. Woke up to a nice surprise - snow-only a few centimetres but I'm one of the rare variety that likes snow, as long as I'm wrapped up tight. The roads and cyclepaths have been cleared, but I think I'll take the bus today, as it'll be a long one - from 8am to 9pm at the library.

Hope you all have a fantastic day
Lots of love
Ida xx

Oooooh - how lovely - I love snow - especially when its just fallen and it all bright and beautiful. Where I live we have stunning views and when it has snowed it is just wonderful. Also - I love eating snow :rolleyes:

Oops - seem to have repeated myself!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oooooh - how lovely - I love snow - especially when its just fallen and it all bright and beautiful. Where I live we have stunning views and when it has snowed it is just wonderful. Also - I love eating snow :rolleyes:

Ida - that is an extremely long day at the library - hope its comfy and warm - you taking your carrot and chickpea soup?:)

Claire your car sounds fab in a candy colour!

Just come back from a run. Have been walking 6 mornings a week for about 3 miles. Am going to try to run 3 mornings a week similar distance and rest the other three - see if the change in exercise will shift things a bit. So that means I get a lie in tomorrow morning - Yay!!!!!:D

Have a grand day folks!!

Tasha

oooh I love snow too! Nothing better than a sunny crisp morning with snow on the ground. How fabulous! It was threatened last week at the house, but alas didn't fall, and worse even turned to rain! grrr!

Pretty happy with the way things are going and, DRUM ROLL, am today wearing a pair of my "target weight wardrobe" trousers! I checked my diary and see I've not been at this weight since March so am very pleased! Suddenly my choices in the morning widen!

Even though I'm now *only* 0.2K over my initial target weight, I dropped the target to 65K to approach how I was when I quit smoking (albeit just for a week or so before quitting!!)...

Stats after 2 weeks - 3.9K gone; 2.2K to go :)

Claire - I love the sound of the colour of your car. There's nothing worse than having a run of the mill car colour as I can never find it in a multi storey car park!

Tash - I'm very impressed at your exercise!
<Note to self: just because strike is (temporarily) over, doesn't mean you don't have to walk ever>

Idaj - good luck for the studying... I don't even understand what the subjects you're studying MEAN!

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all, I am soooo sleepy and not ready for another week. I hope this will be an easy one because it is the dancing show next week so I'll be very busy then, really must catch up with myself before it is December. I've bought no cards and hardly any presents, the only thing that's organised is food - that shows where my priorities lie.

Ida, I am not a lover of snow, except when I don't have to go anywhere and it isn't likely to last. My dog loves it but she gets iceballs between her pads so it is quite awkward. Aiming to be the size you want rather than concentrating on weight is a good plan, but my waist doesn't want to get thinner at the moment, I'm hoping for some changes but am happy to wait. You've got a long day ahead, my brain doesn't function for that long!

Tasha, morning runs sound awfully keen, well done, I don't think I could manage that. Dancing is plenty energetic enough for me and I seem to be doing more than ever at the minute. Did you have a good day with your MIL?

Joanne, hooray for the trousers, it's a great feeling isn't it. Your diet is obviously working well for you, how is your OH liking it? I'm still looking for a white car and doing a double take on the lilac one, I'll get used to it in time.

My OH is adoring it. He took three days to go into ketosis though, so suffered from hunger initially (but no headache) but is loving the foods and particularly the fact that you can eat them without limitation in quantity. I have never before followed a diet, and believe me I've tried most, where I can eat without counting quantity... which makes such a lovely change.

He lost 4K last week, his first week! Typical man!

Men always lose more, it isn't fair. Great that you are both doing it, makes meal times so much easier. I'm enjoying my higher DDs now, 1000 calories seems such a lot!

David's aunt died this morning, I think I mentioned that she was failing fast, funeral will be on Monday. I hope we won't have any family wanting to stay, sounds awfully mean but it's the first night of the show and I could really do without visitors. I'm just back from an hour and a half of dancing, feeling tired and achy but it's a good ache. I almost know it, a few practices on my own and I'll be there. Just the sewing to finish now.

Morning, and no loss to report today, but wearing another pair of "target trousers" so pretty happy...

I am sorry to hear about David's Aunt, Claire, and perfectly understand your preferring not having overnight guests at this time. If Monday is the first night of your show, is that the night when you'll have a celebrity visitor?

Hi folks
I have lost a bit more, down to 9st6.25lbs this morning. I'm supposed to be eating maintenance level on DDs now which is around 1000cals, although last night I fell asleep on the sofa and didn't manage the last 100. Today is an UD and I just don't feel hungry, maybe things will change by tonight, isn't it weird that as soon as I can eat whatever I like I don't feel like it any more. A passing phase I'm sure, natural greed will overcome in time.

Joanne, sorry to hear the weight is sticking, it will move soon I'm sure, and you are very close to goal now. Something must be changing if you are fitting into your winter trousers again, these low carb diets are very good for fatbusting, on CD I even lost the fat on the inside of my thighs, briefly, it came back with a vengeance. This isn't the show which Tim Rice wrote, this is the dancing school Christmas show, a whole week of Christmas themed dance, I shall be truly nauseated by the end!

Hi girlies, am so sorry to hear about your DHs aunt claire. My sympathies to the both of you. Please try and make sure you're looking after yourself.

Have been in contact with police and newspapers the last few days involving our upstairs neighbour. Head is pretty messed up right now. Sorry for not writing.

Have a nice evening
Take care all
Ida

Morning all, and 1/2lb loss to report (not quite that actually but the little smidgen difference on my scales this morning in kilos, took me down to 1/2lb loss). Delighted of course but impatient that the first 3.2K left me so quickly, yet the next 0.8K has taken so long!

Claire - Excellent weight loss! You must be delighted! Perhaps now that you're THERE... your chatterbox will shut up permanently. I do hope so.

I adore anything remotely connected to Christmas but admit to not liking being taken over by all the Christmas music, shows, etc until a bit nearer the time. I'm always infuriated when I get home to the UK for Christmas itself that all the carol services have passed (except the very religious church services held last minute). I love singing carols!

We have loads of CDs of Christmas music, for our trips to the house and the UK, but they won't come out until mid-December...

Gosh Idaj - that sounds worrying. Hope everything's ok.

Morning, I woke way too early this morning so I'm now feeling bleary and unenthusiastic. I've got quite a lot to get done too, and people to visit so I must get myself geared up bit. Scales back to 9st7, I did manage to eat a fair amount yesterday in the end. Will I ever persuade myself that once a week is enough on the weighing front? Maybe when I've stayed the same for a few weeks, let's say in the new year.

Ida, I didn't know your neighbour was being a problem, sounds like it must have got bad if the police are involved. I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Joanne, I love singing carols too, we used to go to the Nine Lessons and Carols service and sing there, but it is Christmas Eve which can be a bit busy. I'm sure your weight will go down soon, the first week is always a good loss and it takes a while for things to settle. Does the forum on Supertoinette say anything about expected losses? Will you be at the house for Christmas and New Year?

We are trying to decide whether to have a few days away in mid-December. Life is a bit too busy really, but it might be the only chance we get. Cassie is managing the stairs well enough to stay at my mothers for a few days.

Lots of people on the forum seem to be stuck fast where weight loss is concerned, and the "experienced" ones say 2 kilos a month is good weight loss, although frankly I'd sooner lose weight by a "healthier" means if that were all I could expect! My 4 kilos in 2 weeks 2 days is therefore GOOD! Just that I'm very impatient to lose the remaining 2 kilos to be able to get onto "Phase 3 - consolidation" before Christmas! In any event, whether I'm there or not, I'll be moving on as I wouldn't try to kid anyone that I'd pass up on all goodies over Christmas for the sake of 2 kilos!

Once a week weighing? Hmm. I can't imagine my being able to walk past them in the morning. Perhaps if one forcefed me breakfast in bed or something, 'cos I wouldn't dream of getting on them having eaten!

Last edited:
Hi

Re my neighbour: It's not really us there's a problem with. It was a young couple that lived up there, and in the last few weeks, there's been a horrific story in the papers. A guy cut off his gfs finger and forced her to eat it, and then imprisoned, starved, beat, burned, etc her - she escaped after 9 days, broke a window, and called the police. Needless to say, the police want to know if we heard anything as we lived right underneath them. Poor girl - she was not even allowed to see her mum, as her mum was christian and the guy was muslim. Have an awful bad concience right now - we never reacted to what we heard/saw/thought because.. well.. they scared us. And now I feel cowardly - I could have done something.

Have had a strange few days - ate some pizza crusts a few days ago, and my weight did strange things - am now around the same weight as on my ticker, so the only way is down now.

Other bits and pieces: Will be making chocolates this weekend for the boy's work, and also for christmas presents. Studying as always, my life seems to be spend miscroscoping, studying, eating and sleeping.

Have a great evening all
Lots of love
Ida

Back