The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

Claire - Your day yesterday sounds very stressful and I bet you're glad that's out of the way now. I'll pass your J-cloth idea onto my sister. In fact, while in England over Christmas, I might even use it myself! Bringing a tub of fb with me seems a bit daft (although we'll probably bring yoghurts with us as it doesn't seem easy to find 0% yoghurts in England, except a Greek yoghurt I saw online).

Idaj - another request for an Elf photo!

Tash - you look great as you are. You're about three feet taller than the rest of us!

Okay, okay, elf photo will be here next week. Will be going in on wednesday. :) Boyfriend will send an internal mail out with a "wanted" for an "unauthorised elf", so if I'm lucky, I might get handcuffed :D

Have a great day
Love Ida xxx

Morning all,

Nothing much to report. Spoke to friends we're staying with the last night of our UK trip, and she tells me she's making a curry with all trimmings for our evening meal, getting up early to see us off with a full English fried breakfast, and will pack us up lunch and dinner for the car. ooooh! How sweet but how the heck do you tell people?! As my OH (rightly) figured, by then we'd have lost the plot anyway, so best not offend, and we can rectify things once back here!

Plan is straight back on this diet as soon as we get back, and I still have a week off before having to come back online to confess all! ho ho!

So all well here after all - 2lbs to go and feeling GOOD! It might sound so trite to many, with all the other problems and tribulations we can face in life, but this really has "changed my life" in that I feel a different person just to not be struggling constantly for what to wear/will it close/do I look huge... I must get back to this soonest, should I lose the plot (probably!) over Christmas in the UK!

How do the rest of you plan to manage? I know that Christmas Day is but the one day, but we're invited out left right and centre as we'll be in my home town for one week only with lots of people to see... and of course the nibbles are far harder for me to avoid than being "good" at mealtimes. That's fine.

OK Ida, I'll do it if you will - I've just added a photo of me in my silver top to my gallery. DH took it and men don't understand about making pics flattering so he has cut off the bottom of my legs, still it shows what the top is like and it is an after pic. The purple top ones didn't come out well, too yellowy under artificial light.

I had a very annoying day yesterday, had to go to the dentist and a woman drove into my car while it was parked outside. I've only had it a week and a half! She scraped the bumper and a bit of the wing, so now I have the hassle of getting that sorted, I suppose I should be grateful she stopped and admitted liability. The show has settled into a routine now so apart from having to dash off at 6.30 each night it is pretty easy.

Ida, you seem worryingly enthusiastic at the thought of the handcuffs, will you get frisked too?

Joanne, 2lbs is so close, you'll be there before your holiday. I think one of the reasons we are so happy to be slim again is that it changes how we think about ourselves, I get a loser mentality when my weight goes up. How not to eat too much as a guest is a real headache, the curry is the hardest since a lot of the fried breakfast is carb free. And packed meals are easy, just stop where there are ducks and you don't have to eat any bread or cake! Nibbles are disastrous, perhaps one at a time rather than a handful? Although taking a single peanut seems weird! I don't have a big problem with this, my parties are all either large ones where nobody will notice or small family gatherings where I can do as I please.

Tasha, what are you doing for Christmas? Does your DH celebrate Christmas? I used to work with a hindu who celebrated all his feastdays and ours too, any excuse for a party!

Claire - you look absolutely STUPENDOUS in that outfit. The top is great (and you certainly could wear that to a party - perhaps a little jacket you'd take off to dance) but those trousers show off your trim figure too.

Since you don't have a ticker, I can't remember how much you weigh and how tall you are (and what your BMI is). If you don't mind... can you tell?

Re Christmas - I guess that I fear so much leaving ketosis, and then completely losing the plot when hungry!

Claire - you look absolutely STUPENDOUS in that outfit. The top is great (and you certainly could wear that to a party - perhaps a little jacket you'd take off to dance) but those trousers show off your trim figure too.
Thankyou!! I still think it's the small ribcage that makes me look like that. :eek:

Since you don't have a ticker, I can't remember how much you weigh and how tall you are (and what your BMI is). If you don't mind... can you tell?

I'm 9st7lbs, 5'4.5" and bmi 22.5, right in the middle of the healthy range, according to my CD chart. At the moment I'm trying to stay stable, seems to be working but I've been having such an abnormal time at the moment that I can't really tell.

That all sounds pretty perfect Claire. You must be very happy indeed.

Does the forthcoming holiday period cause you any angst? I'm quite fearful of losing the plot and regaining the weight I've lost. I know that these fast losses can pile back on pretty quickly!

I've spent the morning so far at work making personal phone calls(!), so I'd better look a little more productive. (Just a little, mind you).

Have a good day everyone!

Wow Claire - you look stunning!! So slim!!!

Sorry to hear about your car - what a bummer - hope it isnt going to be too painful to fix.

A totally wasted morning here, I'm starting to think my car must be jinxed. I ordered a spare key since it only came with one, went to the dealer (25 miles away) to get it and waited an hour and a half before they told me they'd been sent the wrong one!

Joanne, yes I'm really happy to be at goal, and somehow don't resent the continuing DDs for maintenance. What I couldn't face is seeing the scales creep up again so the only option is vigilance. Christmas doesn't worry me too much, I'll just keep on with JUDDD as far as I can and if I have to lose a pound or two afterwards then that is how it will have to be. It is harder for you because you won't be at home, and your diet is every day whereas mine is only alternate ones.

Thanks Tasha, what I'm wearing makes a lot of difference to how I look, the current smock style tops look awful on me. The car is going to cost about £230 to repair I've got to write to the lady who did it and let her know. That's from a backstreet repair place, not a big garage, they'd be about twice the price.

Urgh, I have a cold and am horrid and sniffly and headachy. Great conditions for performance, have you ever noticed how turns make your nose run? Last night's show was pretty good, the best I have done any of the dances, hopefully tonight will go OK as I have friends watching.

My weight is keeping stable, long may this continue. How is it for everyone here?

Morning - all fine here. Slight rise on the scales but nothing to worry about. Wearing the smallest pair of jeans I own, so very pleased!

Bit upset yesterday with the bomb here, and secretary in law firm killed and am in a reflective mood today (given that I do the same job! how often have I opened packages without thinking?). Anyway strike due to recommence mid next week so that to look forward to as well!!

Busy weekend in the country ahead of me. The list of booze I have to buy at the hypermarket and market for friends and family in the UK is staggering! When I come home these days I'm always amazed at how much people actually drink back home!! Even the soaps are full of it! It seems to be "normal" now, whereas in my day it was exceptional. Ah well...

Sorry to hear about your cold, Claire... nothing worse than having a bright red nose on stage I should imagine! All that exercise must be doing you a lot of good...

How are you Idaj? Tash?

Joanne, how fantastic to be fitting into all your jeans again. There was nothing in our news about the parcel bomb, I had to look it up online. How appalling! And terrifying to think that someone just doing their job gets caught in something like that. You are right about the enormous amount many people drink over here, I would never venture into our town centre on foot on a Friday or Saturday night. There is not the disapproval of drunkenness here that there is in France, young people brag about it.

I got through the show last night - just. By the end I was getting waves of nausea, and sneaked off before the finale. Only tonight left to go, and despite feeling yucky I should manage it. I'll try to eat as little as possible, the stomach pains and sickness should be limited then. I can't say I'll be sorry to see the end of the show, this time of year there is too much else happening.

Ida, are you languishing in the cells in elf costume?

Hi Tasha, how are things with you ?

Good morning all!

Just popping in - not much time at the mo. Went to a fabulous concert yesterday, with one of my favourite bands, and then found out how cheap I am as a date - 2 glasses of wine and I was completely gone (NB I never get so drunk I can't walk or otherwise make a fool of myself. I never get aggressive or provocative while drunk, I just drink enough to get tiddly (a bit more yesterday unfortunately) so I enjoy the atmosphere more.

You poor thing claire, I hope you feel better soon. Won't be off to police until weds! Unfortunately :) Good luck with the last night.

Maintainer: well done with the jeans. Time to buy some new ones perhaps? Retail therapy? :) I've bought a new coat, scarf and bag (oops, my poor debit card) so am feeling very swish

Opticians today - I need contact lenses and I'm quite frankly tired of glasses (I'm too vain to use them for anything but reading the board in lectures). Then hairdressers tues, bfs work weds, and student advisor thurs - and studying for exam. Busy busy busy!

Have a fantastic weekend all
Lots of love
Ida

PS weight is 55,3kg - but I think I put some on due to water weight from that pizza I ate.. water weight will come anyway, whether its now or later in weight loss, so I don't mind *too* much

Hi folks, and a cold and frosty start here which is now turing to more rain and general greyness. The show is all over and done with, my cold is starting to go and the weight is 9st6lbs so I'm maintaining nicely. Time to get my act together and get Christmas sorted, I've put things off for way too long.

Ida, it's great that you are managing to have fun times as well as all the work. Is pizza your diet downfall, seems like when you gain there is always pizza in there somewhere? I'm a bit shortsighted too but have never bothered with contacts, I wear glasses for driving and cinemas. Have sometimes mused about laser surgery, some of my friends have had it and thought it excellent but I would worry about damaging my eyes. Yay for the retail therapy, I could do with a bit of that.

Waves to Joanne and Tasha, hope you are both enjoying the weekend.

Morning

After a dull rainy weekend in the country, back in the office. I had a lovely weekend, and even found time to put the Christmas tree up (artificial one only this year as going away) and decorate the lounge.

Food was a joy - smoked salmon, prawns, grey shrimp, fresh trout - all from the market on Saturday; and a lovely slab of faux fillet which we roasted on Sunday and ate with fresh veg. Lovely to have three days of veg and salads after four days without, but now back to the without bit.

Hope everyone's well... transport strike again on Wednesday, so I'll be walking... a nice CD of Christmas music should start things off nicely

Hi Joanne, I see you are really close to target now, isn't it great when you finally find the right diet? The more I look around this site the more I realise that we all need something different and all the various methods we try are learning experiences rather than multiple failures. I expect to be doing the happy dance for you by the weekend. No decorations up in my house yet, hopefully I'll get on with them this week.

Your meals sound lovely, just need a small serving of gratin dauphinois for perfection! These strikes seem interminable, we had been considering a short Christmas shopping trip in your neck of the woods but lack of free time and the prospect of transport strikes have lead to the idea being shelved. I hope you enjoy the Christmas songs, I had enough of that last week to last me till next December, I would enjoy a few good carols though.

I'm bumping along comfortably, my days have got out of sync a bit what with various commitments but my weight is fine, still under 9 and a half. We are celebrating a friend's birthday on Wednesday which will be the first major test of the maintenance system, I'm a little apprehensive since they are big eaters compared to us and there will be some pressure to keep the side up.

oooh I wouldn't count on my hitting target this week Claire! The weight loss has slowed down a lot, which is normal.

I certainly wouldn't recommend your coming over here at the moment, that's for sure, which is a sad state of affairs for the French tourism industry really. Pathetic. Let's hope Sarkozy doesn't back down, as the 1995 government did, to these strikers... I'll walk to work if he keeps up his part of the bargain!

I turned the BBC on yesterday at 10am your time to watch "Christmas Voices", and the first hymn was beautiful with a fabulous choir singing... the rest of the hour long programme (unless something changed when I wandered off bored!) was devoted to lecturing about alcoholism and binge drinking, and people having trouble to have babies and all sorts of other gems... had I not been stuck in the lounge with my Christmas tree decorations, I'd have escaped long before the end! What a disappointment! (I could have put a Carol tape in, but not quite the same as seeing those kids pulling those dreadful faces someone must teach them to pull when they sing!!)...

Tash?

Wow Joanne - 1.7lbs to go!!!!!! :party0011::party0011: Thats fab!!!!

Been a busy little bee - all of the Christmas paraphernalia going on at school(s), Christmas Bazaar, Cubs nativity, school carol service, school pantomine trip, etc. etc. etc. :eek:

Went Christmas shopping with my Mum today with my daughter tagging along as poorly from school (soon perked up :rolleyes:) So got most of the presents I need now (including some from Hotel Chocolat :D:D)

Diet - appalling - but not going up in weight so thats one thing at least :)

You all sound as if you are doing fabulously on yours - hope to join you soon. Joanne - your diets sounds great I'm just not so sure I could stomach all that protein - how do you manage it?

Going to bed now - v v tired :nightf::nightf: - sleep tight

Back