The last stone mission......ROLL UP!!!!

hello girls, and I've caught up on your antics during my "holiday" (you're right, Tash: hardly a "holiday", but I really do enjoy it!).

If I were to tell you that I was "good" (hate that word, but you know what I mean) 75% of the time and VERY VERY VERY bad (bingeing) for 25% of the time (rough guestimates on timings), would you believe that I managed to gain a humungeous :eek::eek: NINE KILOS??? :eek::eek: Me neither, so I'm sure it'll come off just as fast! Leastwise, I hope so.

Imagine me last night. We drove back late, because of long five days Bank Holiday weekend, arriving at the VERY HOT closed up flat after midnight. As it was cold when I left on holiday (in jumpers!), I had to try on some summer clothes to see what would fit. Little. So I was ironing at 1am just to be able to come to work today. Else it would have been my duvet cover :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

How silly am I? OK it was always going to be a struggle for me with two birthdays to celebrate to get back on the straight and narrow but I did manage it both times... so why eat nonstop for 48 hours from Sunday am to late last night? SILLY!

So I'm afraid I'm back on D***n, strict protein only day today and tomorrow, then will decide whether to continue Thurs and Fri or not...

Tash - it's tough isn't it? Three puddings! And I loved the sound of each of them. To your credit, though, you didn't then come home to tea. I would have. Leastwise, this weekend I would have!!

Claire - hope preparations for the show are going well... I expect there'll be a mega panic right at the end. You really do seem to have this weight thing sorted; Tash flatters me by including me in her compliments. I am useless. I use food as... what exactly? I haven't a clue! I thought my behaviour had been so much better of late... then here we go again...

I'll post at the end of the week and let you know how I'm going... just not great company at the moment. But "tough love" (with myself) is how I best function. Insults etc. Fattest picture I own of myself on the fridge...
x

Hi Joanne, I hope you amanged to enjoy your holiday, bet you had super weather. I never cease to be amazed by how much you can put on and how quickly you lose it again, in your place I'd have gained about two pounds and taken a month to lose it again, you'll probabaly have shifted that in a couple of weeks. It does take the shine off things though, were you weighing while away?

This bingeing thing is a real bind, I do it myself occasionally with biscuits, and I don't even enjoy it - that's the worst bit. Hopefully D***n will sort you out again, it can be almost a relief to get back on the wagon, I know after an excessive weekend I really welcome the DD on Monday.

The show is coming together slowly, I'm in a flap about ticket sales at the minute, they are going so slowly I keep thinking the houses will be empty. Tonight we are going to do a couple of numbers for the local WI, hopefully they will buy some seats and spread the word, just need to psych myself up to do some positive promotion.

We did have super weather Claire, apart from a couple of days the first week. Despite the heat, we lit the log burner most evenings at the outset because the house felt cool (70cm thick walls, shutters closed) once we sat down to relax... towards the end of the holiday, when the house had warmed up, we sat in tshirts and shorts sweltering but still enjoying the fire... and the cats LOVE it!

I weighed most days while away. Incredible fluctuations:

Sat 26/4 - 63.5 - my birthday so special dinner
Mon 28/4 - 65.1
Tues 29/4 - 64.4
Wed 30/4 - 64.8 (protein only day)
Thurs 1/5 - 63.8
Fri 2/5 - 64.2
Sat 3/5 - 64.2
Sun 4/5 - 64.2
Mon 5/5 - 65.1
Tues 6/5 - R's birthday - LOADS of food ALL DAY!
Wed 7/5 - (protein only day)
Thurs 8/5 - 68.3
Fri 9/5 - 66.3
Sat 10/5 - 66.6
Sun 11/5 - 68.3 - LOADS of food ALL DAY!
Mon 12/5 - LOADS of food ALL DAY!
Tues 13/5 - 72.7

Aside from overeating with R, I also swallowed whole packets of biscuits in secret (hiding wrappers), went to the supermarket alone while R went to DIY shop and ate as much as I could before rejoining him, etc. So silly...

My food behaviour still need a LOT of work on it.

When I read you were in a "flap", why did I read "flapjacks"?!!!! Advance sales are always a worry but I bet it all comes good in the end; people don't necessarily make plans far in advance :) I bet you'll be sold out...

Amanged?! - sorry, I meant managed! Don't be so down on yourself, you are certainly not useless, just think how much you have achieved in weightloss, maintenance and quitting the evil sticks. I think you have done brilliantly, and the odd blip is something we all encounter. It strikes me that these binges always seem to hit you at the end of holidays or when you have just got home, maybe you need a plan for these times. The secret stuff is more worrying, at least you can come on here and fess up, I think that helps all of us. The big jump of the last few days will go really quickly for you I'm sure, which will get you down to target again in no time.

I am up half a pound on yesterday, I think due to eating very late so it should be gone tomorrow, and hopefully a bit more too. It's only four weeks until I go on holiday and I do want to be back to target by then. Weight loss is very slow for me, luckily gains are also pretty slow, it is just balancing the two which is the hard bit.

Hmmm, not good, scales stayed the same this morning. Oh well, soldier on, what is one day in the great scheme of things. Next week and both weekends will be very busy so probably not too much time to overeat (I hope), then the following week is the show so I will be out every night and grabbing food as and when. After that life should settle down for a couple of weeks until we go on holiday.

Hope things are OK with you Joanne and the strict regime is working its magic. Did Rich put much on too? And you Tash, how are you doing?

Hi Girls

Glad you had a fab time Joanne - pretty impressive gain!!! But you seem to drop impressively quickly too - bet you are down 10lbs already. If you look at the weight changes you can see that most of it is in the last few days and I bet thats gone already.

Be kind to yourself :hug99:

Claire - hope things are going well with the show - sounds like you have amazingly busy weeks ahead. I hope the ticket sales have picked up - I'm sure it will be full houses - people do tend to leave things until the last minute it seems.

I have been being soooo good foodwise. Was very pleased to see a 2lb loss on Monday morning. I really have been sticking to my calories so you can imagine how bummed I was to step on the scales on Wednesday to see a 4lb gain since Monday :eek::eek: Whats all that about :eek:. It is my period so I am hoping thats it - it certainly CANT be food!!!

Hello, can I join

Got a stone and a few pounds to go. Could do with some comradeship till the very end. My weigh in is saturday, lost 4 stone so far with LL. Gone from 15 stone 1 Ib, size 20 to 11stone 1Ib, size 12/14. Just looking at the photos in the thread you all look amazing! I only hope I will look the same when I add mine !

Helen

Hi Helen, of course you can join us,the more the merrier. You've lost brilliantly so far, are you still doing LL for the final push? I lost on Cambridge to start with, put some on again then lost with JUDDD and am maintaining (more or less) on JUDDD. But I've never left here because the diet never seems to finish completely!

Well done on the loss Tash, I'm sure you are right about those sneaky pounds, must be water retention.

Woohoo, scales down this morning after an UD (??!!??). Only a pound to go, not sure if this is for real or batteries playing up.

I'm in a major panic this morning, I have an interview for a part time accounts job with a local company. It sounds really interesting, if you can consider accounts interesting, so I hope I'm successful. Fingers crossed anyway. Tonight we have another rehearsal, for which I am reasonably well prepared but this interview is taking a chunk out of my time, not so much doing it as worrying about it.

How are things with you all today?

ooops I completely forgot to post yesterday, I see... duh!

All is well for me and I'm feeling psychologically better so will return to my veggies and salads and fruit from this evening. I've lost a ridiculous 6.4K in three days (well gaining over 9K in a fortnight is pretty silly too!) so I'll have my protein only lunch, then will add some healthiness from tonight. I'll probably do 2 x protein days next week instead of just the one, then go back to stabilising... even if still a little "heavy". I mustn't stay in ketosis. Not good for the health I don't think...

Rich put on 5K and has lost 3K already... both of us are a little disappointed in how the weight piles back on after a vlcd (which I guess D***n is, even if we were stabilising after it)... "normal people" don't gain that sort of weight and of course R didn't eat the vast quantities of food I did the last 48 hours of my holiday!

Claire - as you really don't have a great deal to lose, you will find that last pound the most tenacious, I'm sure... Plus of course there are so many other factors which can affect our weight. Do you drink lots of water? I realise that I always drink far less on holiday and over weekends just because I don't see the bottle next to me all the time as here at work. I usually manage 3L a day weekdays, often more if it's hot...

Have a good weekend. I'm very glad it's cooler here!

Good news on the lb!!

Good luck for your interview :D- thats what I do, accounts.

Joanne - you must retain lots of fluid when you eat lots of carbs - that would account for the big gains and then big quick losses - its not fat its water.

I've lost 3 of the 4 lbs in the last 2 days so that must have been fluid. Am hoping to see the scales a lb or 2 down from last week as I am being very strict with myself and its depressing not to see a result.

Have a good wekend everyone

Hi folks, great news from the scales this morning - 9st6.75lbs! That is just under target, I'm amazed and delighted. Planning to keep up the daily weighing until stable - if there is such a thing, I wouldn't mind losing another couple of pounds before we go away.

Tash, good to see that unexpected gain nearly gone, diets are funny things and I've found several times that I reach plateau where nothing happens for a couple of weeks then whoosh it all goes at once. Thanks for the good wishes, it went OK but I'm not terribly optimistic, not sure how many they are seeing. The money is really good for part time in this area so I was lucky to get as far as interview.

Joanne, well done on losing so quickly, and I'm sure some strictness for a week or two will see the rest gone. We are both in the same boat on this maintaining lark, it is so hard because we just want to be normal, but I don't think I ever will be, so for three days a week I'm prepared to cut well back in order to have freedom the rest of the time. Maybe you will find an equilibrium like adding in one PP day for every binge day which happens. Confessions on the water, I've never been good at it and know I don't drink enough, although I do try to have low cal squash instead of coffee during the day.

Morning, and where has the sunshine gone, it's cold again and like early spring days. Scales up a bit after the weekend which always happens, now a pound and a half over. I'll keep a close watch this week, fingers crossed I'll get back down again quickly. That's the interesting and annoying thing about this diet, it fluctuates a lot from day to day.

I'm feeling unbelievably tired today, yesterday we rehearsed all afternoon and evening and I did set-building all morning so I don't feel like I had a weekend at all! Only just over a week until we open, scary thought.

How is everyone this morning?

Hello to you!

Claire - CONGRATULATIONS! How fabulous to see those numbers on the scales (I can only imagine - never having seen them go that low for me!). You're very right that we have similar maintenance issues and perhaps I will need to tweak things somewhat. I did so want to believe in the magical D***n promises, but alas I realise one is supposed to be more restrained than I am on non PP days!

I am also realising that I don't look as bad as I originally thought at this weight. My summer wardrobe fits. My face actually looks rested and relaxed, and the dark bags under my eyes are far better! Is this because of the extra weight? The holiday? I'm aiming to get another 2 kilos or so off and we'll see how they deepen... if they do, I'll aim to stick at around this weight. Nice to have some leeway though (even if one has to choose between face and tum at some point!!).

Gosh just one week before opening... how long does it run, Claire?
Was this accounting job one where you'll take the work home or have to "go out to work"? When might you hear? Fingers crossed!

How are things with you Tash? Is your ticker up to date? If so, you're under 25 BMI which is good!

Back to the filing... see you all soon!

Hi all, another decidedly chilly day so far. How come yesterday was cold until the evening when I went to dance class and suddenly it was sweltering? Rehearsal tonight, and I have lots to get ready. We open a week today and run Tuesday to Saturday, not much longer to go now, and I still have lots to get ready.

Weight OK again, 9st7.25lbs, so just a quarter over. UD today but I'm not sure I'll have time to eat much. I heard back from the agency about the interview, the good news is that he liked me and thought I could do the job, but there are a couple of problems - they'd want me to work temp for a month or two until they are happy we can all get on (no problem, I can see the point of that) and they are concerned that I have two weeks holiday booked at the end of June which would be three weeks after I start. So I've said we could cut it down to one week, and if absolutely necessary could cancel although the gite is paid for so we'd rather not lose out there. Just waiting to hear now.

Joanne, good to hear you are happy with your current weight, it is less than your original target weight anyway and in the end it is how we look and feel which matters rather than a number that only we see. The job is a "go out to work" type, it would be every morning plus one afternoon, so I'd still have a lot of spare time, and the pay is very good for part-time in this region. I can cycle there if the weather permits which combines exercise and economy, and is probably just as quick as facing morning traffic.

How are things going Tash, is your good behaviour producing results? And Helen, are you still looking in here?

Morning all,

Claire - I really hope you get the job without having to sacrifice either a week OR the entirety of your summer holiday. Silly people ought to have started looking for employees earlier in the year, or at least be willing to honour your holiday and consider your temp/trial period to be, say, two weeks before and two weeks after. I hope they're so impressed with your idea of sacrificing your holiday that they hire you AND forbid you from cancelling!

Another kilo gone, after protein day yesterday, so two "normal" days coming up now... I am feeling a lot better "in my head", which is where it counts after all, not on the scales. What is particularly nice at the moment is fitting into my 2006 brand new summer wardrobe which I couldn't get into last summer! And yes it's darned cool here too, but I persist in my thin cotton trousers and short sleeved tops cos it's SUMMER and we don't get to wear them very often!!

Yes Tash - any news?
I think we must have scared Helen off... it's true that this post is in a strange area of the site for what we actually discuss! But of course others are always welcome to join in, but we're not usually what they're looking for!

Onward and offward... :)

Hi Folks!

No change for me weightwise - not going to be put off though - am finding this quite easy to stick to and no change is better than upwards!! They HAVE to go downwards at some point!

I agree with Joanne and would go further to say that if they are keen on you then the holiday should not be a problem at all - must expect people to have holidays booked in the summer.

You must be feeling quite nervous by now - 1 week to go :eek:. Enjoyable nerves though - do you have a post run party?

Good news on the scales front for both of you - well done :D.

Hi all, sunshine today, makes everything seem so much better. I had a call from the agency yesterday, apparently there's one last person being interviewed today (who sounds more suitable than me) and then they will decide, so I should know tomorrow. If they go for today's interviewee they might want me to temp a bit to cover the interim period - not wildly happy at that but it's all money I suppose. At least I'd get all my holiday that way.

Weight is good today, just a quarter of a pound over goal, and that after an UD. At this rate I'll be able to return to weekly weighing soon.

Joanne, well done on the kilo, it is incredible how quickly you get rid of these big gains. It's a good feeling when clothes fit loosely, I'm getting that again now, so I know the loss is for real. I'm sure you'll work out a way of using D***n to keep everything running smoothly, I think we are both just going to have to be vigilant and stop gains before they take a hold, we've proved we can do it.

Tash, good for you for sticking to it despite no kind words from the scales. It will pay off soon. Yes I am getting pretty nervous, but we had a good rehearsal last night and it is coming together. I still haven't had everybody there - it's just impossible to know what it looks like when there are gaps.

Better go and do a bit of work - what a drag.

Morning,

Tash - your slow weight loss means that you'll find it easier to keep them off.

My kilo a day off, after a binge, is only water weight after all. Already 200g up on yesterday's after some salad and veg only, so not a stable weight yet at all. The plan now that the water weight is off, and I'm down to the last 1.5K of FAT is to return to "consolidation" properly, just not allow myself all the treats I am allowed. (So sausages tonight, before PP tomorrow.)

Fingers crossed Claire...

Hi folks

I really don't feel like working this morning, I want to be out and about and doing things. So after coffee I will go into town and get what I need to sort out the last of the props I am making. Nothing spectacular, a couple of arrows and some fetters - which are embarrassing things to ask for in shops as people always assume you are buying them as sex toys.

Weight unchanged today, still just a quarter of a pound over. I have rather a lot of other things on my mind at the moment so won't be worrying about targets etc until I know what is happening workwise and holidaywise and the show starts. Less than a week now!!

Joanne, are you happy to be back to PP? Will it just be the one day and then controlled extras on other days or are you back to "normal" eating?

Back