The little less Lumpy Bits Thread - Can you notice a change? Are things jiggling less

Thank you calligas, it took 10 months to lose just over 8 stone with Exante, have been off it for the last 5 or 6 weeks now and am about 1 lb up on my finishing weight - am low carbing and still want to get rid of this last few pounds to get to goal but am happy maintaining for now. I cannot recommend Exante highly enough, you just have to have your head in the right place!
Good luck with your journey, you seem to have made a cracking start.
Bren xx

Strangely enough I found it fairly easy, had difficult days here and there but just drank loads of water and spent a lot of time on here gleaning inspiration from all forums. Did the add a meal weeks as prescribed and my first "off plan" meal from July 16th was 4th Dec for my works Crimbo dinner - stuck to meat, veg and cheese for dessert, no carbs, no alcohol, soda water all the way and it was fine.
Have a read of my blog on here (link below) and it might give you a better idea of how things went.
Bren xx

I have to say Bren, you were one of the reasons I stated this diet.. I was lurking about on the site for a while.. and having people that are living and breathing the end result just keeps me plodding on day by day
xx so thank you ..
i have looked at your pictures a few times in the last week.. You look like a different person.. have you adapted in your head about being slim ? I know that sounds like a silly question, but I worry I will forever see myself as a big lumpy lovely.
Do you notice a change in peoples attitudes towards you..

And more importantly Well done on your breakthrough moment with the blood xxx

Thank you for your lovely comments, it feels good to know I can inspire others by what I have done! In my head now I know I am getting there, my body I can see as it is (I think) only my face now is giving me any (oh my god am still fat) moments, am growing my hair to see if that makes any difference but not really liking it, think I will go back to being short and spiky fairly soon lol - also need new specs as these keep falling off when I bend over so that may help but it is not worrying me too much as I know my mind will catch up as it has with my body. It will change as you lose, promise! And you have a beautiful face in your photo, oh yes and you are a whole inch taller than me lol!!! Keep it up, you know it works :)
Bren xx

hi bren, sorry to bother you, but how did you get your head around no carbs, is there a book u used. i am just wondering for the future then i know what i will be able to eat etc. just getting ideas, how do u count your carbs etc.

I am more or less following Atkins, I know some people are really against it but it seems to work for me, I know bread is a big problem for me as I cannot stop at just a couple of slices so it is better not to even consider it as an option. You will find me over on the Atkins forums on here too, I post in the daily "what are we eating thread" so that will give you an idea of what I am eating now. And it is not a bother at all - any help I can give I will do gladly.
Bren xx

Thank you Quak for being so generous here with us newbies and for saying lovely things xx

I have a confession :( that extra inch... is with heels heheh but ssushh no one will know!

I think as with cali, I am a little worried about the future, but day by day, and seeing people maintaining once they introduce food, or at least balancing keeps me from panicing too much. (look at me talking as if I will lose it all.. its because I WILL!) hehe
I tried to train myself a little while before the diet, and was very limiting in the carbs I ate, tried to avoid bread too. I know like you mentioned some people don't like the atkins way, but I think within myself , when I first started to cut carbs, I felt better within myself and my moods stabilised, if that makes sense :D rather than having a rush of sugars and insulin. I think it is because your body doesnt hit highs and lows caused by them. So I think it is definitely the way for me to go.

You see.. before this diet.. I was on a more extreme stupid must lose weight mindset. running, doing 2 hours of exercise a night, swimming.. and restricting my diet big style.. It was so stupid and so dangerous..

Living as a FAT woman now, is nothing compared to the road all we heavy plump lumpy ladies and and gentlemen of loveliness have to walk before we accept ourselves.

Even now, while I debate whether to share this photo with you all those odd insecurities rise up... its so silly as I am still rather big, but looking back I feel protective of who I used to be...

My journey to Va VA Voom started many years ago, and I am more than certain it will take many more... if only in gettnig my mind to figure it out :D

So here, laying my heart bare to you, and to myself, as I need too.... please meet your Short and Dumpy One, 'Then, Now and After' .... the frame will remain blank for the after.. that's a path I still haven't found my way on yet. But thanks to this support I am treading...

heheh forgive the arty farty picture.. I got bored :D earlier
xx
9e06cbe1c9d799df09617bf2e3eed1f8-1.jpg

I blame Mark! he started sharing first! bad man.. bad bad bad man! xxx

great idea love this thread, defo feeling better, managed to get into my size 18 stuff again which is great, managed to get into fav size 16 trousers but not a good look yet,few more pounds and they will look better xx well done guys we are all looking fab xx

My dear Short and, after looking at your now picture, extremely gorgeous, thank you for sharing. Throw those old insecurities away and think of all the delightful positives that have happened.
As we have said to each other many times we are all here for you and believe me when I say you have helped me stay with program and it is very much appreciated.
You are doing so well and I know, I know that in a few months you are going to look even more gorgeous and will be slimmer, please do not and I say please do not get rid of all the lovely curves.You already should be happy with yourself and if I may be honest, you look a different person between then and now and that in itself is a huge achievement.
You gorgeous gorgeous short one.

Ok im gonna be weird and say i notice a difference already and i only started on monday! I have noticedthat im less bloated and hence look thinner and feel lots more comfy in clothes im wearing. I feel that my skin is feelin healthier probably due to the water im drinking.....and i notice majorly that my attitude to food is changing.

:character00100: Thank you so so so much my lovely and constant support mechnesim Mark..and Quak xxx I have to admit, I do feel like a totally different person.. I look at the old before picture and looking at me then, I remember what 'she' feels like, but it is hard to see myself in 'her'.. I think I will always be protective of the me I was, and when I do slim down, the me I am now hehe.. but this diet is helping me see food in a different light, like Isis it is a fuel and shouldnt be gobbled to fill a empty hole, or hated and despised and thrown away.. I have started to understand that we should all embrace our bodies and reward them with good food... heheh including the tomato and basil yuckity yuck soup.. things with the right balance and vitamins.

I thought I would share it, because I am so motivated to do this totally and utterly, and being honest is part of it as we were saying yesterday. (but I do plan to keep some wobbly curves! I have decided already my goal weight is too low for me... curves are gooood)

And Babystar WELL DONE YOU !! xx you are doing so well and really throwing yourself into the first week.. and I think any difference should be clapped :D:D remember we are the ones that stare at ourselves the most, so we are the first to notice a change! and even though you say its only the start, I bet inches are starting to slip away.. I bet you are glowing :D

xxx well done everyone!!:bliss:

thank you :D yeah its true, the differences you notice are almost immediate....and it keeps u going. my main problem so far is that i have to cook for my 2 yr old....so the smell of food is a nightmare. its so bad ive found myself making him food i dont personally like....poor wee mite has lived on macaroni, french toast and sausages for the last few days haha...oh how bad is that sounding lol

heheh nooo its totally understandable!
the smell of food was a real real real evil little devil on my shoulder the first few days.. and I had to lock myself away for a bubble bath while they ate.
It does get better I promise.. these last few days I have been back to cooking hearty meals, and also baking for the house, and not even once was tempted to taste a forkful to test the taste.

I think 'cooking' my soup on the stove(thanks to isis)while they ate really helped too.

xxx

The first thing I noticed was the bloated tummy deflating, boobs and belly became separate entities! Bra straps had to be tightened after 3 weeks and whilst standing with my arms at my sides they now go down instead of out! I have a round face but the fat around my cheekbones is less. Sadly it means the wrinkles now show (howl!) so the Garnier eye cream is a twice a day must!! I'm also wearing jeans I haven't worn for 2 years, yay, and a pair of work trousers I don't actually remember owning. I also weigh 4lbs less than when I met my OH so he's never seen me smaller than this :)

Back