The March Team

Hi All,

Well done on the 3lb loss Gembots.:)..
Thinklite well done on your 3.4lb,and getting out of the obese range.lol..i cant wait to be just over weight and not obese..lol.
Hope the date goes well tonight loosing it for good..
Hope you all have a good weekend. xx

Morning All,

Well done Gembots on your 3lb loss- you doing so well even if you are not in ketosis. Keep it up x

Thinklite 3.4lb is fab, out of the overweight catergory is even better x

Lauralou- date went well thanks so watch this space.lol

Everyone continue to have a fab weekend 100% SS

Hi Guys,

Slight blip today- it was my sister's 13th birthday and she offered me a slice of cadbury's buttons birthday cake and I could not refuse. I know its very naughty but I am right back on track again and if I'm honest, it wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. Nevermind, tomorrow is a new day.

morning all.

how are we all after the weekend?

losing it for good. we all have our blips don't worry.

does anybody feel really cold, i have been cold for about a week now and no matter how many hot drinks i have or how much clothing i put on i can't seem to get warm. i'm drinking loads.

hope you all have a good day

take care

Morning all,
I don't know what the hell is going on but even with my slice of cake yesterday I am still in Ketosis!! I'm so happy but know that any further blips and that may not be the case. Back on track now, weigh in on Wednesday hopefully I will lose a little bit more than 3lbs and I'll be happy.

Thinklite, It's one of the side effects of this diet. I am constantly cold also but apparently its normal. Check this bit of info I found on the cambridge website:

Why do I feel cold on the Cambridge Diet 'Sole Source' programme?

This is almost certainly due to a reduced thermogenic response to a reduced food intake. Large meals cause the body to generate a lot of body heat, while smaller meals produce less heat. Individuals differ widely in their thermogenic response.
For those that are affected, the cold feeling is due to the very small number of calories on the 'Sole Source' programme. Other factors that influence body heat production include the slight reduction in metabolic rate which always happens during weight loss, and of course the loss of insulating fat! Those who are sensitive to the cold need to move around more and wrap up warmly - many light layers are more effective than a single heavy layer.

Hope it helps- Hope everyone has a great SS day xx

Hi everyone,

Well it seems as though everyone is still managing really well!

I decided on Sat that i'm going to start on slimming worold. I've lost 2st 4lb on CD and have another 3 1/2 to go but i've decided to start a healthy eating plan now and still lose the weight but get used to a different way of eating. I will def not lose it as quickly as I have on the CD, probably about 2lb per week so it will be a longer process to lose the weight but with it being a steadier weight loss i'm hoping it will stay off. I think it would be different if I have a specific goal such as a wedding or seomthing like that to need to rush the weight off for but I don't, I just want to get the weight off for good and healthy eating seems the right way to do it (for me). I feel i've gave myself the kick up the bum I needed with CD and now know that i'f i'm capable of staying on ss 100% for 8wks then I am more than capable of making healthy eating choices.

Good luck to all of you and hope you all get to goal!

Hi Gillian,

Well done on your losses so far. You know what's right for you and if you feel that Slimming World is a better option for longer term steady loss then go for it! Still pop in to let us know how your doing xx

CD is a healthy weight plan to lose weight as long as you have no contra-indications. Slower weight loss can be achieved by the 810,100,1200 or 1500 kcal meal plans.

Good luck with the Slimming world.

Li:p

Morning Guys,

Not in a great mood today- have only lost one measly pound this week. I knew that slice of cake was too good to have not had an effect :-( Oh well no gain so hopefully if I stay good I should have a bigger loss next week.

Hope everyone else is doing ok??

Hi everyone

Good luck Gill with SW, I think you're totally right, having managed to do SS 100% you'll definitely manage to make healthy choices on the SW plan. I want to loose another 2.5 stone (or thereabouts...I change my mind every day!) and then I'm going to go back to SW.

I've had a really bad week this week, I don't know what's wrong with me, I've been constantly picking at bits of food and all the wrong stuff !! I'm not looking forward to my weigh in tonight, I'm really annoyed with myself !! Only three weeks until my holiday to Portugal and I really wanted to get off another half stone by then...I'll be lucky tonight if I don't have a gain, sob sob !

Vix

Morning Guys,

Not in a great mood today- have only lost one measly pound this week. I knew that slice of cake was too good to have not had an effect :-( Oh well no gain so hopefully if I stay good I should have a bigger loss next week.

Hope everyone else is doing ok??

Like you say, at least you didn't have a gain...put it behind you and start afresh....pesky cakes - they should be banned LOL !

Hi All.

Losing it for good, don’t beat yourself up about it, at least it was a lose and will probably make you more determined to try and do better next week. Good luck with WI

Vixster, I think we have all been there, nobody said dieting was easy, I wish it was as easy to lose as it is to put on. I too was hoping I would have lost more before my holiday in 4 weeks but I have no chance of reaching the holiday goal weight I had set myself. Never mind at least I am going away over 2 stone lighter than when I started, you too have lost a lot of weight. Well done.

Lauralou85 well done that is brilliant I bet you are chuffed.

well it is my turn for the dreaded WI tomorrow night, but i will be going from there to France for a few days so i'll have to let you know monday how i got on.

good luck everyone

Hi All.

Losing it for good, don’t beat yourself up about it, at least it was a lose and will probably make you more determined to try and do better next week. Good luck with WI

Vixster, I think we have all been there, nobody said dieting was easy, I wish it was as easy to lose as it is to put on. I too was hoping I would have lost more before my holiday in 4 weeks but I have no chance of reaching the holiday goal weight I had set myself. Never mind at least I am going away over 2 stone lighter than when I started, you too have lost a lot of weight. Well done.

Lauralou85 well done that is brilliant I bet you are chuffed.

well it is my turn for the dreaded WI tomorrow night, but i will be going from there to France for a few days so i'll have to let you know monday how i got on.

good luck everyone

Hi Thinklite - thanks for encouragement, amazingly I've just got back from weigh in and somehow I managed to loose 4lb again this week, needless to say I was well chuffed !! I think all the exercise I'm doing must have helped to burn off all the 'naughty' things I've had this week. Must be good this week though so it doesn't catch up with....Saturday will be a toughie as we're having a BBQ at ours which no doubt will go on through the night...was thinking of postponing it, but life has to go on, diet or no diet !

Well done LauraLou, brilliant loss !!

Vix

Morning Guys,

Everyone seems to be doing amazingly well!

I checked the other day and that poxy piece of cake DID knock me out of ketosis but I am right back in there now. Gonna have a real good weekend with a (hopefully) real good result on wednesday's WI.

Anyone have any plan's this weekend? Well, whatever you do have a good one and enjoy the extra day there won't be another until August :-(...lol

morning all.

had a lovely time in France at the weekend. but dreading to find out the damage it caused at thursdays WI.

had WI last thursday night just before going away and lost 2.9lb so i have lost 33.4 lb so far and i now have 30lb left to lose. so at least i am over the half way mark.

this week i am having to do SS+ so that will slow me down, only one week of that then back for another 12 weeks SS
how was everyone's weekend.

take care

Hi Thinklite,

Glad you had a great time in France.

Whatever 'damage' caused- can be rectified as you are now back on track and you should still lose on SS+. Well done on reaching the halfway mark xx

My weekend was quiet- I am being the most unsociable I have ever been (normally the life and soul of the party) but I haven't got the best willpower in the world so think for now if I stay away from the parties and other events I have no excuse to cheat.

I am now thinking that worst case scenario, I lose 3.3lbs on average for the next 6 weeks, I will be at a healthy BMI for the first time in more than 10 years!!! I can then move on to 810 etc and get on with my life.

6 weeks of my life- I think I can live with that and SS all the way. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a good day- will let you know how I get on in my WI tomorrow xxx

Hi all,

Hope you all enjoyed the bank holiday weekend!
I have had a good weekend, but have been eating and drinking all weekend, now im dreading weigh in tomorrow..:-( :-( Oh well bk on track today....lol. xx

Morning Guys :wave_cry:,

Hope you are all well.

I had my WI and again I have only lost another measly 1lb.:cry: I am starting to get depressed about it. The only thing I appear to be losing for good is my marbles.lol ;) I was really hoping to be 11stone by now but I still have 5lbs to go.:sigh:

I am going to stop using the water flavourings as I think they are playing around with my ketosis or lack of it. I am also going to add another litre of water each day to bring me up to 3.5/4litres a day.:eek:

Any other suggestions would be warmly welcomed

LauraLou- let me know how you did? Better than me I hope.

I am aiming for a 5lb loss this week so am not going to do anything to jeopardise this. Wish me luck

Hope you all have a good day. :)

I think everyone has deserted me :cry: Please don't- I need your support!!!

Back