The Middle - Neonshock's Diary

I don't know how important sleep is to weightloss to be honest. We have a disabled child who sleeps for 3-4 hours a night and the knock-on effect is that we're permanently exhausted, especially as we both hold down full time jobs. The weight is still coming off with my calorie counting, despite severe (occasionally hallucinatory) sleep deprivation.

Then again, my exercise is minimal, so it's completely different in lots of ways. I'm impressed with your exercise and sticking with it! And go you with the dress sizes - bet that feels brilliant :D

Thanks for dropping by Moog, I lurk on your diary :)
I guess its one of those things where its different strokes for different folks. I burn about 4000c a week and sometimes I wake up in the morning and i've dropped a pound or do, however when I do night shifts, I hardly lose a thing!

I guess Beryl you should just experiment, if it aint broke dont fix it but if your suffering for not sleeping, an extra 200cs really wont hurt you in the long run, I cant see your stats but If you are still under on MFP you will be good. Please eat then sleep!:cry:

maybe it's more about change of routine than sleep amounts if that makes sense? i struggle to lose when i'm working a lot of nights, even if i do my best to be really good. the body is a funny thing...

I have eaten over today so maybe will help!

When I used to work nights I lost sooo much weight. I guess everybody is different. Bodies are very strange!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats one thing we can all agree on! Bodies are weird!

Today I have had a good day, 1300ish c eaten and burnt 707c at the gym on the xtrainer and rowing machine. Slept last night but woke up tired still which isnt like me. I think I have figured it out though, I usually do 3 weeks shifts but this time did a months worth so I think my body has got used to it and is a bit like wtf? Lol. I have a chilled weekend planned so I am really hoping to catch up with my rest then.
I'm stuck at my parents now waiting for my OH as he has his works party tonight in town and its closer..they are getting on my absolute last NERVE! They watch all the soaps too, yawn much.
Anyhow tomorrow planning on getting up at 5am so I can go gym again...FINGERS CROSSED for a good nights sleep...I hope OH hasnt had too much of a free bar and keeps me up all night :p

Oh my gosh. Well, its weigh in day today and I have lost....DUNDUDNDUNNNN...

4.6 pounds since the 13th Feb! Its only been six days! I was thinking to myself I was gonna be pleased with a oner or a twoer.....but WOW :)

So pleased, going shopping today and I will enjoy it :)

I have eaten over today so maybe will help!

When I used to work nights I lost sooo much weight. I guess everybody is different. Bodies are very strange!

How did you do Beryl?

That's a brilliant loss! Well done you!!

Now I am starving and want to eat breakfast but OH is still in bed, I have run around the house cleaning and putting things away (noisily!) because I am on such a high and he is still snoring grrr!:mad::D

Just did my mesurements, an inch off my hips and a half off my thigh :D

amazing loss for this week, well done :D kebab must've given your metabolism a kick!! x

That or the laxative I had to get the bloody thing out of me!
Seriously though, since I am going out for curry tomorrow I might see how my WI next week is and maybe add one cheat meal a week if it continues to work!

IN OTHER NEWS I JUST FIT IN SZ18 Jeans...They are totally unwearable as I cant really bend down and they are almost too tight they are obscene but...it wont be long now :D

woohoo on the jeans, i got into size 18s last week and have been strutting around as if i'm kate moss ever since ;) x

No luck sleeping :(

Well done on your loss - amazing!!

Oh dear :( Perhaps you should go see the docs?

So yesterday was lovely. Me and OH had a 'normal' day, went shopping (I bought a couple of treats from Primarni but mostly just looking) and OH bought me a lovely present from the Disney shop to celebrate us booking.
Cinema to watch Paul in the evening, it was good, not great but was funny:D
Food was a bit all over the place, I was probably a little over but not sure, however I jumped on the scale this morning (fully expecting to be back in the 250s at least) but no, in fact I had lost another .2 of a lb so I am pretty happy today.
Buffet may or may not be on today! OH is just now gone to the office for work and doesn't really know how long it will take. I implanted a little thought about Subway instead. As much as I love Indian food, subway will be alot easier on my cals!

Hope everyones having a nice day on this wet sunday :)

So yesterday was lovely. Me and OH had a 'normal' day, went shopping (I bought a couple of treats from Primarni but mostly just looking) and OH bought me a lovely present from the Disney shop to celebrate us booking.
Cinema to watch Paul in the evening, it was good, not great but was funny:D
Food was a bit all over the place, I was probably a little over but not sure, however I jumped on the scale this morning (fully expecting to be back in the 250s at least) but no, in fact I had lost another .2 of a lb so I am pretty happy today.
Buffet may or may not be on today! OH is just now gone to the office for work and doesn't really know how long it will take. I implanted a little thought about Subway instead. As much as I love Indian food, subway will be alot easier on my cals!

Hope everyones having a nice day on this wet sunday :)

How did the day go? did you get your subway? :p what scales do you use? mine dont do point something I just get a basic rounded up or down weight.

How did the day go? did you get your subway? :p what scales do you use? mine dont do point something I just get a basic rounded up or down weight.

ERK we had a Chinese Buffet thing, though I was very restrained. I tried what I wanted but only one or two of whatever, and stuck to proteiny things (though may have had a few too many ribs...mmmm ribs...). I didnt eat anything else the rest of the day too so...we will see what the scales say tomorrow.
My scales are salter...Salter Body Fat and Water Analyser Scales - Scales & body fat monitors - Personal care - Appliances - Sainsbury’s although I just bought whatever was on offer, might be worth upgrading though because sometimes that little decimal point means alot! Have a nice holiday Beryl and come back safe xxx

Its going to be another short week as I catch up to my normal WI day of friday.
Today My food is about 1100 but no exersize, gym tomorrow morning. Getting up at 5am just to go:confused: I am mental. Boring day at work but happy to finish off some bits I needed to do tonight.

Hope everyone is FABOOSH!

Nice one finally found your diary again, pleased your doing so great on calorie counting thats a huge amount you've already lost much respect !!! :)

I lost it all on CC! I did SW for like one week!

I am feeling very tired at the moment and I have had no energy to go to the gym and now I feel really guilty. Food has been good at around 1200 a day. I am very busy at the moment too.
I guess if the food is right then I should let myself off but I cant stop feeling bad and the scale isnt moving!:jelous:GRRRR!

Back