Total Solution The Miss Mac Diary! Operation Egypt!!!

Hi ya, I'm not sure about you hair loss, but when I did LL I lost hair when I started eating. The explanation I was given was that while on a vlcd your hair does not shred like it does in normal life, as you have so few calories that your body saves them all for living, breathing, etc. When you start to eat again, your hair then shreds at a quicker rate to catch up for the normal shredding it has missed. However this did leave me with much thinner hair, however I quite liked it, took less time to straighten and blow dry hehe! Within 6-12 months all of my hair was back and it's certainly now as thick as ever! Hope your problem resolve soon x x

Hi ya, I'm not sure about you hair loss, but when I did LL I lost hair when I started eating. The explanation I was given was that while on a vlcd your hair does not shred like it does in normal life, as you have so few calories that your body saves them all for living, breathing, etc. When you start to eat again, your hair then shreds at a quicker rate to catch up for the normal shredding it has missed. However this did leave me with much thinner hair, however I quite liked it, took less time to straighten and blow dry hehe! Within 6-12 months all of my hair was back and it's certainly now as thick as ever! Hope your problem resolve soon x x

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for the reply. Its nice to get other peoples perspective on things and its reassuring to hear that peoples hair does eventually grow back and get back to normal.
My problem is that I dont have thick hair, it is thin to start with so it is worrying me even more. I am scared that it is going to be really noticeable and im not going to be able to disguise it if it carries on like this. However, diet or not, eating or not, it doesnt seem to be making any difference at all. I can already see a big difference in the left side of my hairline. I really do hope it comes back soon.

Thank you for your message though, like I said, its reassuring to know other people have been through it and come out the other side..xxx

I hope it sorts its self out soon Miss Mac.
Maybe your week away will help destress you :)

Sorry to hear things are still not too good MM. Can I be honest with you about my experiences? PLease delete or ignore if not interested. Last time I did VLCD my hair did thin a lot, not to be of notice to other people but to me it certainly was and was devastating every time I washed my hair and lost even more. When I started eating again it did start growing back but his did take months babe and I cannot say that I saw a difference in a few weeks as the cycle of hair growth does take time. What I did start getting was lots of new hair so would see like tufty bits coming through my scalp- all over and same colour, thickness exactly as it was before. Obviously for this to grow inot my haircut took time but I knew it was coming back.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your hair will grow back but depending on your current length it will take time for new hair to grow back to that shape. Sadly we won't just wake up with the same haed of hair we had pre-diet just by eating for a few weeks. I spoke to my hairdresser last week about my own hair and whilst she said it is definitely thinnner it isn't as bad as before. We both know that it will grow back so she's keeping an eye on it for me bless her.

It's such a toughie tho honey. I truly empathise with you. For me right now the weight loss is more important to me so I'm keeping going. I do notice the hair loss is worse at times then on other days I hardly shed any when washing my hair so I do think it evens out but obvioulsy the more conscious we are about it them more we are likely to notice.

Sorry for ranting- wanted to try and help but then not sure if I have ????

Gaga, any advice and other people stories is a great reassurance to me so thank you chick. I guess I am just really worried as if you lose your hair it is there for all to see, no hiding or covering it up! I know it will take time to come back in, I think I just expected it to stop coming out once I started eating again and it hasn't. It is worse some days than others though which is good. Thing is the place I can see it thinning is left hand side just above temple area (where men usually set their receeding hairline) and it is becoming more and more noticeable, to the point tonight where it looks like there is literally about 6 strands of hair left covering it. My one saving grace is that I am blond so it doesnt look as bad as if I had dark hair. Lets just hope I can hang on to my 6 strands.
I know what you mean about making a decision to be thinner or have hair. I wanted to start eating again to see if the loss stopped then I would know catagorically it was the diet and once I eat it will sort itself out again, unfortunately this hasnt happened. So no like you, I have decided that if I am going to be bald, I may as well be a thin baldie!! So am back on exante 1st Aug.
Thank you for sharing your experience with me hun and I hope your hair gets better too!! The things we go through hey!! Thanks chick..xx

I'm glad it helped a little and didn't cause offence- I always worry about my 'honest' posts in case people take them in the wrong way! Sounds like we are losing hair from the same place too. I have a recedding hair line and a side parting going on which shows more scalp each day.....just means I decorate it now with clips and corsages to help hide it. People must think I am nuts!!

Hope you are enjoying your food time- please have some portions for me lol! Take care treacle xxxxx

I'm glad it helped a little and didn't cause offence- I always worry about my 'honest' posts in case people take them in the wrong way! Sounds like we are losing hair from the same place too. I have a recedding hair line and a side parting going on which shows more scalp each day.....just means I decorate it now with clips and corsages to help hide it. People must think I am nuts!!

Hope you are enjoying your food time- please have some portions for me lol! Take care treacle xxxxx

Gaga that's brilliant!! I hope you don't mind me commenting but it made me giggle! What a way to deal with the hair loss!! ( i too have just started losing mine).

I got an image in my head of Claire from Guess Who...the lady who had apples and flowers and stuff in her hat!!!!

It's so good that people can look at things in an uplifting way sometimes, even when they are feeling down. Your post really cheered me up and made me realise it's not the end of the world and hey, It'll sort itself out when it's ready! Until then, I can be a walking life model for Accessorize!! :D

MM - Lets hear it for the thin baldies!!! :D I too will be joining that club very soon I think as my hair loss is also increasing now. And you're right, I would rather be slim and a bit short of hair than fat with loads of it :D I hope things are going OK for you and you're enjoying your food. nom nom nom. :D x x x x x

Hey Bouncy!

I am gonna have no hair left to clip accessories too soon!! Oh and to top it off, I think I am going mega grey with all the stress!! Oh happy days!! Well you got to laugh about these things hey or you would cry!!
It is nice that other people are in the same boat (dont mean that in a bad way).
Well I am going to make the most of eating before I go back to exante and lose even more hair probably. Weigh has gone up too but has stayed the same for the past 2 weeks so if it stays like that till 1st Aug I wont mind too much. And I am hoping to have a great first week loss and lose most of the gain. I have been messing about for far too long and now I intend to get down to some serious weight loss!!
xxx

MM you KNOW you'll do it when you're back on Exante. And it's brilliant that you haven't gained in the past 2 weeks too...I think that even though it's a vlcd, as long as you don't eat how you ate previously then there's no way all ofthe weight will go back on.

It's good to see you're looking on the bright side of things and like you say, if we don't we'll cry! I might need an extra thick veil or something as yet if my hair keeps dropping too! lol Ah well, the joys of being tubbies tyring to get thinnies eh!! lol

xxxxxxxx

That's good that your weight has stayed the same. :)
I hope the hair loss stops soon chick :(

Indeed fab news on the sts- i only seem to manage that on exante!!! Here's a little giggle for you.....

claire-hal.jpg
xxx

shame my hair is red but as it's starts to wash out it goes orange, however I do wear glasses and have the rotund features so it could well be me i guess!!!!

Hahaha Gaga...your nuts!! Its an option though eh!! I may have to pretend i have become a little eccentric to pull off that look....but it might just come to that!!:D

Yes the sts is great....well if I hadnt put loads on first!! lol. Like I say though it has levelled out and I dont seem to have gained anymore for 2 weeks so Im hoping that most of it is my famous camel like water retention and I can get rid of most of it first week!!:rolleyes:

I am looking forward to getting back on the wagon...you guys are doing so amazing that I am well jell!! I should have been at goal now and now its going to take me until christmas!! Still thats an incentive if nothing else!!

xxx

You won't be here til Christmas chick.....serious talking now. Once you are back on track those pounds will be flying off again and you'll be at goal in no time babe xxx

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time with your hair. Ladyg, your posts have really made me chuckle, I love the pic :)

MM, I hope your time away in Wales is a good change of scene for you and helps you to relax about it all - as you say, the worry probably isn't helping, but it's difficult to stop. STS is great (and really motivating for the rest of us to help believe that when we get to the end of these Exante journeys there really is a way to maintain). Anyway, just wanted to say hope you have a good break xxx

Come on, Girly, you can do this!!

Worrying about the hairloss but I have it on good authority that once done with VLCD that reverses!!

xxx

Come on, Girly, you can do this!!

Worrying about the hairloss but I have it on good authority that once done with VLCD that reverses!!

xxx

Hi Toots,
nice to have you back! How's things going for you hun?..xxx

Back