The most important 20 weeks of YOUR life. Do this with me.

The most important 20 weeks of YOUR life. Do this with me.

Hi there,
tomorrow morning is Sunday August 14th.
It will be EXACTLY 20 weeks until Jan 1st 2012.

What are you going to be doing on new years eve this year?
Will you be in a nightclub/bar feeling uncomfortable or selfconcious because of your weight?:cry:
Will you be looking at other people iwith their loved ones, while you're still alone?
Will you even have the courage to go out because of your weight???!
If you're like me, there's every chance you havent gone out on New years eve recently
because of these reasons, and so you'll sit in, convincing yourself that you're gonna
start fresh on January first, and everything will be different. But it wont.

I'm about to turn 30, and I weigh around 265 lbs.
I refuse to wait any longer to start living.
The last ten years of my life have been a complete write off due to being overweight.
All the jobs I didnt apply for. :rolleyes: The girls I didnt ask out. There were girls who actually
TOLD ME straight out they liked me, but who i didnt feel good enough to walk down the street with them.:(

If you're one of the people who are on this forum and already started on your journey,
this post isn't really for you. This thread is for people like me, who are right at the start.
Or people who want to start fresh tomorrow morning, more committed and determined than ever before.
Re-focused. Ready to give absolutley everything they have for 20 weeks to see what it can do.

We will weigh in for the first time tomorrow morning, and then every Sunday for 20 weeks.
I promise you, i am going to lose 60 lbs in these 20 weeks.
Yes, just over 4 stone. No crazy diet, just sensible eating, loads of cardio,
weights, proper sleep and focus. No cheat days, no weeks where i fall off the wagon, nothing.

The one missing piece i need is a buddy/supportive person.
Someone who knows what it's like to be fat, and can relate to some of the things I said above.
If you join with me in weighing in tomorrow, I promise I will also support and encourage you through
the next 20 weeks.

Don't give in again. Don't fall into the same old pattern.

Many of your friends/family dont think you can do it.
I know you can do it. You know you can do it.

Weigh in tommorow morning, announcing your start weight,
and the weight you want to be on January 1st.

We start here. Are you in? :character00115:

LLLola!

Lola!!!!

I struggle with the concept of God/religion, I really want to believe there is something, but simply cant. It doesn't make any logic,
there's no proof, and though it's a cliche, how can there be a god when you look at the world in general.
But, as I get older, I definitely believe in faith/karma. Or the idea that you attract people/things into your life subconciously. I think you were meant to read this post.

Look at your joining date on your profile, Lola!!!!!
It's been an EXACT year since you joined this forum.
That's totally a sign!:D

seriously though, it is pretty freaky!

Anyway, if no one else joins and it's just us, it's all good.
Anything you need in tersm of support/encouragement/advice/motivation, just ask, and vice versa. Something just clicked in me today when I seen the calendar and realised it was an exact 20 weeks.

It won't be easy, but for 20 weeks, 100% commitment.
Every second, of every day, until Jan 1st 2012.:character00116:

cheers mate!

A year passing, and being the same weight - yep, it is sad. And yep, im in the exact same boat.
But you know what? - let's not waste even a tiny piece of emotional energy feeling guilty
or down about it.
Think about it tonight sure, but from tomorrow, both of us will need
all our energy/focus on the next 20 weeks.
All the failed diets/regrets/missed opportunities are gone.
The only question is whether we're gonna miss them in 2012 as well.

Day one is always the hardest.
I'm looking at the clock here, cos once it hits midnight, that's it.
Have just got my stuff out so i can go for a walk at 7am tomorrow and start as i mean to go on.

Anyway, weigh in tomorrow a.m. and post it here! night night!:)

p.s. Love elbow! Favourite song is "Leaders of the free world"

A year passing, and being the same weight - yep, it is sad. And yep, im in the exact same boat.
But you know what? - let's not waste even a tiny piece of emotional energy feeling guilty
or down about it.

Have just got my stuff out so i can go for a walk at 7am tomorrow and start as i mean to go on.

Anyway, weigh in tomorrow a.m. and post it here! night night!

or down about it.

Anyway, weigh in tomorrow a.m. and post it here! night night!

Thanks for this post and for pointing out that it's only 20 weeks til 2012 (wow). That helps put things in perspective. Count me in!

I'm in!!! I weigh-in on Sundays too (at home rather than a meeting.) today I'm really demotivated as I lost a big fat nothing this week, despite sticking to my allowance :( So a big effort required this week to get in track. 20 weeks to 2012 = scary thought!

Thanks a million Sapi & 1985!

I thought i'd gonbe to about 265, but i just weighed in at 257.4! woo hoo!!

In the next 20 weeks, my goal is to be 199.9 lbs.
I know it seems like a lot, but as long as I keep switching it up on the exercise, constantly overloading with weights, regular cardio, and a proper diet, this is totally do-able!

@Sapi - 14lbs is legendary! congrats on what you've done so far. What's your goal for Jan 1st 2012??

Thanks for this post and for pointing out that it's only 20 weeks til 2012 (wow). That helps put things in perspective. Count me in!

Hi there!
I presume from the 1985 thing that you're 4/5 years younger than me. From your goals, you want to lose 65lbs?

If you REALLY truly commit yourself, there is no reason why you can't do that by the new year. I can't understate how much I would love to be in your position. Dont leave this until you're 30 to fix like me, trust me. If you do, you're going to miss out things you deserve.

Also, at 209 lbs, even losing 35/40lbs will be really noticeable to both yourself and others. Post what weight you want to be on New years day and lets get started! :-D

I'm in!!! I weigh-in on Sundays too (at home rather than a meeting.) today I'm really demotivated as I lost a big fat nothing this week, despite sticking to my allowance :( So a big effort required this week to get in track. 20 weeks to 2012 = scary thought!

brilliant!! I already wrote a reply but it came up "this will be posted once reviewed by a modererator"?? same thing happened to me last night above, hence the duplication!

anyway - yep, scary thought! short enough time to stay focused for something you REALLY want, and yet long enough for you to significantly change how you look and feel right now. stick up your goal for those weeks later today!:D

I think I'm going to aim for losing 60lb by 2012. It's a huge chunk, but I think it's just possible. I know that I'm going to have to go into hospital for a few days at least three times before the new year and that will be challenging (main challenges (1) hospital food (2) comfort food bought by family; both of these things have already left a legacy around my waist!) But I'm going to think of a way to convince them to just bring fruit or something :)

@Sapi - 14lbs is legendary!

Thank you for that :) I'm bittersweet about it as since January I have lost a whole stone, but I'm actually fatter than I was last year! (verifiable by measurements, as I thought I was going mad).

This is because I'm on steroids, so my fat distribution has totally changed - all round the middle, and increasing. There has also been muscle wasting. So while I am getting lighter I'm not getting slimmer. For a long while I think I've been using that as an excuse not to bother, as if you can lose a stone and still go up two dress sizes at the same time then what's the point?! But my doctor reminded me that *any* weight loss on steroids is an achievement, and that regardless of my size, my poor rheumatoid arthritis joints have 14lb less work to do :D

So for me "slimming" and "weight loss" are necessarily separate for now. I am still going to try and shift as much weight as possible and really can't wait to get the steroid dose down/stopped completely so that I can work on my tummy... at the moment I look like this smiley - round :wavey: Eventually, I'm going to look fab! :D

hey Lola, my day was....................off the chain.
2 boiled eggs for breakfast, tomato soup for lunch, broccolli and fish for dinner. didnt go for a walk in the end, 10 mile cycle instead.

but, the best part is im 3 and half hours from being over day one.
That's all i need. Day one is always the hardrest part for me of doing anything, but i now know im back on track. 199lbs here i come. no doubt. :-D

Can I join you guys? I've been on a diet for what seems my whole adult life. I'm 26 now, so by my guess I've been dieting for around 8/9 years! Failing everytime. This is my last ditch attempt to lose it, I really don't want to be overweight by NYE. I've never been a 'normal' weight, the best I've done in a diet before is get to the weight I am now I am now and think "I feel better now, why not stop!?" then proceed to pile it all back on again. so I'm really desperate not to get complacent now!!

My only problem is I weigh in on a Tuesday, is that ok? I have scales at home but they tell me different things so I don't really trust them all that much!

By January 1st 2012 I'd like to be 12st 7lbs - a 44lb loss, please!!!

Can I join you guys? I've been on a diet for what seems my whole adult life. I'm 26 now, so by my guess I've been dieting for around 8/9 years! Failing everytime. This is my last ditch attempt to lose it, I really don't want to be overweight by NYE. I've never been a 'normal' weight, the best I've done in a diet before is get to the weight I am now I am now and think "I feel better now, why not stop!?" then proceed to pile it all back on again. so I'm really desperate not to get complacent now!!

My only problem is I weigh in on a Tuesday, is that ok? I have scales at home but they tell me different things so I don't really trust them all that much!

By January 1st 2012 I'd like to be 12st 7lbs - a 44lb loss, please!!!

LadyFi - you're in! :)
44lbs in 20 weeks is TOTALLY do-able!!
that's just 2.2 lbs a week!
be really honest, if you gave it EVERYTHING for 20 weeks, you'd be where you want to be. When you look at the weightloss on programmes like biggest loser, or look at the weight that some actors can lose for a part in the space of 8 weeks, it is simply a matter of determination. it's not practical, or even possible to live the rest of your life in this manner, but sacrificing 20 weeks of your life is a small price to pay. No matter how much it takes, go for it.

I'm doing this. 199lbs, January 1st.
mind yourself, and best of luck on Tuesday! :D

I'm SO up for being part of this as well.

As someone who has tried every diet fad going, and lost more than my current weight in my lifetime (but regained it all and more each time), I am trying to lose weight the 'proper' way. I am calorie counting and trying to exercise more...and finding the latter the difficult part.

I started a couple of weeks ago and weigh myself at home on a Sunday.

Staring this challenge at 268 and aiming to get to 220 by Jan 1st. That will be the lightest I can ever remember being (and I was 17 at the time!).

Thanks for giving me the motivation to stop lurking and get moving!

I'm in you guys. I found Mayweather's post inspiring and simply captured everything I've ever felt about my life and opportunities. My most recent disappointment was not going to the Leaver's May Ball before I left Sixth Form because I felt too fat to be in a nice dress :(
I know I don't really fit into your category of just starting or struggling but I definitely would like to be alongside you all in our united goal of being 100% until NYE. I'd love to be the slimmest I've ever been just to know! Just to know what it would be like!
Good luck everyone and let's stick it out together xx

Edit: Oh, uh...I didn't put what weight I wanted to be :eek: I want to lose at least 20lbs xx

Back